Vekter featuring in 'Yobi:Third times the charm' in the latest chapter of complaints nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Vekter featuring in 'Yobi:Third times the charm' in the latest chapter of complaints nut

Post by TheRex9001 » #687649

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=687648#p687648
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: Vekter featuring in 'Yobi:Third times the charm' in the latest chapter of complaints nut

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688154

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:21 am Is that just comic relief or do you hate Tohg actually
I'm not going to get into specifics but someone close to me is a survivor of a botched sexual assault so yes I do hate Tohg for saying it was due to something stupid like whatever clothing she was wearing or any reason really other than the guy's decision to corner her in a bathroom.

Being contrarian is fine but at a certain point you cross the line into just being an apologist for sexual abusers when you're basically suggesting that half the population should be wearing burqas instead to solve the problem. In other words that's being a useful idiot.
Last edited by dirk_mcblade on Wed May 31, 2023 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Vekter featuring in 'Yobi:Third times the charm' in the latest chapter of complaints nut

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688155

Yeah I'm not defending that remark
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688157

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:25 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:21 am Is that just comic relief or do you hate Tohg actually
I'm not going to get into specifics but someone close to me is a survivor of a botched sexual assault so yes I do hate Tohg for saying it was due to something stupid like whatever clothing she was wearing or any reason really other than the guy's decision to corner her in a bathroom.

Being contrarian is fine but at a certain point you cross the line into just being an apologist for sexual abusers when you're basically suggesting that half the population should be wearing burqas. In other words that's being a useful idiot.
sometimes people are just retarded and you gotta say "look man what you said what kind of retarded and i dont agree with it, i'm not really interested in arguing with you on why i think its retarded and i hope you can do the research to learn why what you said is so fucking retarded but until you stop being a retard im gonna think less of you"
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688159

That's why I'm saying if discord jannies are dealing with a dozen or two of people complaining about that guy the easiest solution for them is to just kick him out and he's not exactly making himself into a defendable figure.
To be clear I'm not accusing him of actually being an abuser unless evidence comes up otherwise, just an extreme idiot who's trying to provide cover for them, knowingly or not.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #688161

The main reason why he was banned from discord to begin with was not because he was mentally ill, but because he directly harassed a person through DMs with his beliefs unwarranted, and then tried to scare them when they ended up getting mods involved.

From Hulk:
But more pertinently is a giant series of DM's you sent one particular user which for the sake of their own protection I will summarize here:

You kept implying that you had "met someone" that had "supernatural powers" and that anyone who slept with this woman would "end up comatose" and that she "knew where you lived."

Then you went on to say that this individual's name was "Faustina" and that she referred to you only as "mortal" and that you realized that she wasn't a human entity. You also kept linking them back to some youtube channel about a christian motivational lady named sister sharon, and that this "faustina" character knew something about sister sharon being in the "book of life"

The ban reason.

When it your behavior goes to the point that you're directly harassing people from the community, people aren't going to accommodate you for being "different" if it means having to ignore your behavior. We're not trained psychiatrists who can treat him or know exactly what he needs.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688167

Archie700 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:41 am The main reason why he was banned from discord to begin with was not because he was mentally ill, but because he directly harassed a person through DMs with his beliefs unwarranted, and then tried to scare them when they ended up getting mods involved.

From Hulk:
But more pertinently is a giant series of DM's you sent one particular user which for the sake of their own protection I will summarize here:

You kept implying that you had "met someone" that had "supernatural powers" and that anyone who slept with this woman would "end up comatose" and that she "knew where you lived."

Then you went on to say that this individual's name was "Faustina" and that she referred to you only as "mortal" and that you realized that she wasn't a human entity. You also kept linking them back to some youtube channel about a christian motivational lady named sister sharon, and that this "faustina" character knew something about sister sharon being in the "book of life"

The ban reason.

When it your behavior goes to the point that you're directly harassing people from the community, people aren't going to accommodate you for being "different" if it means having to ignore your behavior. We're not trained psychiatrists who can treat him or know exactly what he needs.
TBH those comments are just bizarre but “harassment” is kind of far. Just block them if you don’t want to hear about Faustina lmao it has nothing to do with their behavior on a public server
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688170

Archie700 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:41 am The main reason why he was banned from discord to begin with was not because he was mentally ill, but because he directly harassed a person through DMs with his beliefs unwarranted, and then tried to scare them when they ended up getting mods involved.

From Hulk:

The ban reason.

Like I said before, I understand that was the reasoning. But without knowing any of the specific logs at all since they're private, I really had intuition that Tohg meant something else by the messages that got sent, and they just came across incredibly poorly. It was super common for Tohg to go off on some weird tangent, and insinuating a demon knows about someone may have just as much to do with whatever naturalistic mythology that's being talked about, rather than being a form of intimidation. I just know how clueless Tohg could be sometimes when speaking, and I would not be surprised if this happened.
But it is possible that I am reading it entirely wrong--- maybe it was just real provocation towards someone, full stop. Whatever it was, Tohg in that appeal generally took responsibility for that behavior's outcome... With every factor here being the case, I just have had a hard time not seeing there being a broader picture where being mentally ill was not atleast a substantial factor.

I want to be really clear here: Tohg has problems. I really don't want to be misconstrued: I did not know about the victim blaming remark prior to my original post, and their statement on that is indefensible.

As for the other separate stuff we're discussing though, without repeating anything, I think just gets to a broader issue of how we react and deal with people who do not fit the norm in a large way. Tohg I felt was appropriate to bring that up, with what I knew about them.

Perspective on stuff matters a lot and is so easy to be incomplete. Almost all of my interactions with Tohg have been 1-on-1. It was certainly bizarre, but I personally had never seen any of the bad things Tohg had said until this thread (including the the victim-blaming one, I was told Tohg was active in Polcon and said some bad shit? I was given no specifics so I have no clue if this is true or how severe it was). Maybe I don't know enough, and Tohg truly is also fucked up to others. I just had never before seen that once in any of my hundreds of messages back and forth when we talked privately.

If I end up being wrong about Tohg in the end, I am sorry. I just was basing it off what I've known previously, and wanted to point out my concerns with the ban based on that.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #688173

its ok bawhoppen
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688175

Yeah fair enough. This Yobi nut turned into a Tohg nut. (By the way for anyone interested, I believe Tohg is going to see someone these days, based on the last message they sent to me before blocking me- I can only hope that will get them a level head and see things more clearly, while also regretting anything bad that they did say/do)

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688177

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:31 am Yeah fair enough. This Yobi nut turned into a Tohg nut. (By the way for anyone interested, I believe Tohg is going to see someone these days, based on the last message they sent to me before blocking me- I can only hope that will get them a level head and see things more clearly, while also regretting anything bad that they did say/do)
That says a lot about your character to get blocked for being nice to someone, and then defend them after despite it.
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688178

Nobody is mad at you baw, I just think tohg is dumb based on those excerpts so I don't really feel bad for his discord situation at present. Furthermore the discord is generally unimportant except for a few limited purposes that probably have workarounds anyway if he chooses to pursue a way to communicate with other coders.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688182

this thread is getting dangerously close to some starsector posting
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #688225

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:48 am this thread is getting dangerously close to some starsector posting
starsector? i like that game.
respect (let him do his thing)
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688233

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:05 pm big disagree. if i said to a grieving parent “your child deserved to get murdered at school,” isn’t that WAY WORSE than saying “they could have prevented getting murdered if they were more careful.”

IDK there’s no reason to distort one as the other just to make it sound worse than it is when it’s ALREADY really bad regardless
Sinful you aren't being nuanced here, even though you think you are.

Saying revealing clothes is a prime factor of rape is indeed not saying it is deserved. It is however directly supporting victim blaming by adding an incorrect onus of responsibility.

A big reason why it's viewed this way is rape is largely defined by a lack of consent. By trying to use someone's attire as a cause for rape you are implying that people dressing a certain way are knowingly increasing their risk of rape.

By claiming the victim was being either reckless or ignorant you undermine the fact they never actually had a choice to avoid the assault. This emboldens the argument that they were somehow deserving or a party to their own rape.

The statement is not saying "there are ways to protect yourself" he is saying "you can usually not be raped by just dressing different" a similar statement would be "if you don't want your kid shot take them to a better school." Not only does it not solve the issue, it's saying that the victims made a clear choice to put themselves at risk.

You are correct that the two statements are not the same, but one directly feeds into the other, so they are commonly conflated.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688235

Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:31 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:05 pm big disagree. if i said to a grieving parent “your child deserved to get murdered at school,” isn’t that WAY WORSE than saying “they could have prevented getting murdered if they were more careful.”

IDK there’s no reason to distort one as the other just to make it sound worse than it is when it’s ALREADY really bad regardless
Sinful you aren't being nuanced here, even though you think you are.

Saying revealing clothes is a prime factor of rape is indeed not saying it is deserved. It is however directly supporting victim blaming by adding an incorrect onus of responsibility.

A big reason why it's viewed this way is rape is largely defined by a lack of consent. By trying to use someone's attire as a cause for rape you are implying that people dressing a certain way are knowingly increasing their risk of rape.

By claiming the victim was being either reckless or ignorant you undermine the fact they never actually had a choice to avoid the assault. This emboldens the argument that they were somehow deserving or a party to their own rape.

The statement is not saying "there are ways to protect yourself" he is saying "you can usually not be raped by just dressing different" a similar statement would be "if you don't want your kid shot take them to a better school." Not only does it not solve the issue, it's saying that the victims made a clear choice to put themselves at risk.

You are correct that the two statements are not the same, but one directly feeds into the other, so they are commonly conflated.
why did u write all this just to agree with me in the end
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688236

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm
Because you chose to be (half)right in the dumbest way possible. If you read and take a moment to process before you respond you'd know that.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688241

Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:13 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm
Because you chose to be (half)right in the dumbest way possible. If you read and take a moment to process before you respond you'd know that.
my only mistake was reading it
it read like chatGPT really boring also didn’t learn anything just kind of repeated stuff that was obvious in a longer more monotonous way

0/10 for creativity
2/10 for quality (i guess u didn’t say anything wrong at least)
0/10 for tone

overall rating: digg
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688243

Lacran wrote: A big reason why it's viewed this way is rape is largely defined by a lack of consent.
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688244

I'll try to keep it simple.

It's retarded to take issue with conflating it, because they are in essence the same in all but the most simplistic technical sense.

You aren't adding anything to a conversation when you get flustered about people not discussing things in the most literal and simplistic way possible.
Last edited by Lacran on Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688245

At least the people who would be saying "you deserved it" have some balls about the fact they hate the victims instead of this lukewarm "I'm just saying women should be more careful" angle you're going for, sinful. If you're going to be a dick you might as well skip the half measures instead of trying to convince yourself you're the one being reasonable when you're really just taking responsibility away from the people committing crimes by talking about what the victim should do.
That thinking is cut from the same cloth as people saying theft is okay because of poverty or some other libtard shit, and I'm chalking that up to horse shoe theory.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688246

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:29 pm At least the people who would be saying "you deserved it" have some balls about the fact they hate the victims instead of this lukewarm "I'm just saying women should be more careful" angle you're going for, sinful. If you're going to be a dick you might as well skip the half measures instead of trying to convince yourself you're the one being reasonable when you're really just taking responsibility away from the people committing crimes by talking about what the victim should do.
That thinking is cut from the same cloth as people saying theft is okay because of poverty or some other libtard shit, and I'm chalking that up to horse shoe theory.
Woah woah woah, hold the fuck up pal. At no point was “women should be more careful” my angle. That was Togh’s angle. It’s indefensible, obviously. But what’s even more indefensible is saying rape victims deserve to be raped. Make sense?
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed May 31, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688247

Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:29 pm It's retarded to take issue with conflating it, because they are in essence the same in all but the most simplistic technical sense.
The fact you had to go through 6 paragraphs of mental gymnastics to argue that the statements were the “same,” only to end up with “erm… well they’re easy to conflate…!” is proof the statements are not the same. Is it really too much to ask that we hold people accountable only for what they say, and not what they may or may not be implying?
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688248

Toghs angle was female modesty usually prevents rape from occurring.

The rationale of that statement is essentially the same as women being at fault for a rape occuring.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688249

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:40 pm
Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:29 pm It's retarded to take issue with conflating it, because they are in essence the same in all but the most simplistic technical sense.
The fact you had to go through 6 paragraphs of mental gymnastics to argue that the statements were the “same,” only to end up with “erm… well they’re easy to conflate…!” is proof the statements are not the same. Is it really too much to ask that we hold people accountable only for what they say, and not what they may or may not be implying?
It's not mental gymnastics, it's a basic train of thought. I don't understand why you struggle to comprehend any perspective other than your own in every discussion you are involved in. Why do you even try conversing with people?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688250

Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:42 pm Toghs angle was female mostly usually prevents rape from occurring.

The rationale of that statement is essentially the same as women being at fault for a rape occuring.
Being at fault for something isn’t the same as deserving it.

If I go driving with my kid in the back seat and I don’t drive super defensively, leading to my car getting T-boned by a guy that ran an intersection, and let’s say it kills my kid in the accident — am I at fault? I mean no, the guy that ran the intersection was at fault obviously. But if someone said I was at fault it wouldn’t be nearly as bad as saying I DESERVED to have my car hit and my kid killed. Make sense?
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #688251

4 fuckingpages????
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #688252

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:51 pm 4 fuckingpages????
Soon five.........
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688253

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:46 pm
Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:42 pm Toghs angle was female mostly usually prevents rape from occurring.

If I go driving with my kid in the back seat and I don’t drive defensively enough, leading to my car getting T-boned by a guy that ran an intersection, and let’s say it kills my kid in the accident — am I at fault? I mean no, the guy that ran the intersection was at fault obviously. But if someone said I was at fault it wouldn’t be nearly as bad as saying I DESERVED to have my car hit and my kid killed. Make sense?
You really need to get better at analogy. No this is not the same.

If you take a crime where a person imposes a situation or act onto another, and then you say the way to usually prevent it is to dress differently, you have now placed all responsiblity for the act occuring on the victim.

Its why in some deeply religion countries the victim is more likely to be punished for the rape, because even if you view the rapist is bad, you are placing all autonmy on the person that had just been robbed of theirs. Blame is technically being placed at both parties, but the responsibility for preventing is solely on the victim. The rape is viewed as simple cause and effect of the victims actions.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688254

Lacran wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:56 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:46 pm

If I go driving with my kid in the back seat and I don’t drive defensively enough, leading to my car getting T-boned by a guy that ran an intersection, and let’s say it kills my kid in the accident — am I at fault? I mean no, the guy that ran the intersection was at fault obviously. But if someone said I was at fault it wouldn’t be nearly as bad as saying I DESERVED to have my car hit and my kid killed. Make sense?
You really need to get better at analogy. No this is not the same.

If you take a crime where a person imposes a situation or act onto another, and then you say the way to usually prevent it is to dress differently, you have now placed all responsiblity for the act occuring on the victim.

Its why in some deeply religion countries the victim is more likely to be punished for the rape, because even if you view the rapist is bad, you are placing all autonmy on the person that had just been robbed of theirs. Blame is technically being placed at both parties, but the responsibility for preventing is solely on the victim. The rape is viewed as simple cause and effect of the victims actions.
analogies aren't supposed to be the same. it was given to show the difference between culpability and deservedness. i have ascertained this conversation is without fruit, and I bid you adieu
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #688255

Analogies are supposed to be used to reframe an arguement to shed light on the point being made in a manner that allows the arguement to apply interchangably, not introduce new variables that obfuscate it or can't be applied to the original.

The arguement togh makes is more like him saying your kid got T-boned because you had a provocative bumper sticker that made the other driver angry.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688258

I'm confused. Were we trying to rank how bad togh's statement was or what is sinful even arguing about? I'm not even sure what togh said verbatim.
It's a stupid general argument regardless. Supposedly most rape victims are attacked by someone they know and trusted, so I don't see how clothing choice matters in that circumstance since the predator already knows what they look like before they corner them somewhere. What clothing choice deters that? Padlocked platemail?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688259

UUUUGGHHHHHHHH LOCK THE THREAD
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #688260

WELL... IF IT'LL SAVE KENDRICK'S SMILE...