Cyborg joins the necropolis nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Cyborg joins the necropolis nut

Post by EmpressMaia » #688074

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34155

what a silly little cyborg :shock:
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Re: Cyborg joins the necropolis nut

Post by LeekiLoku » #688075

Such a silly little borger
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #688078

Borg on asimov, so the only sensible reason is if the borg was ordered to kill lizards or had a reason to kill them for prior actions
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #688082

It doesn't sound like he wants the note removed, just corrected to specify that he didn't order the broodmother to kill humans.

It's still shitty and not something someone should be doing as a non-antag.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #688084

Vekter wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:29 pm It doesn't sound like he wants the note removed, just corrected to specify that he didn't order the broodmother to kill humans.

It's still shitty and not something someone should be doing as a non-antag.
Your correct, I just want it to be corrected. If I can get it removed I will.
Last edited by LeekiLoku on Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #688086

Good note Chang. Sounds like a fun time was had. Only issue I could see is that unknowns are to be assumed human so maybe you get dinged on that still.
On a side note maybe Archie could double check for me but I don't see the broodmother actually attacking any humans once they onto the station.
Image Image
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #688087

Boot wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:35 pm Good note Chang. Sounds like a fun time was had. Only issue I could see is that unknowns are to be assumed human so maybe you get dinged on that still.
On a side note maybe Archie could double check for me but I don't see the broodmother actually attacking any humans once they onto the station.
Ah I didnt know, didnt matter because he didnt harm a pirate.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #688088

Boot wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:35 pm Good note Chang. Sounds like a fun time was had. Only issue I could see is that unknowns are to be assumed human so maybe you get dinged on that still.
I don't believe the broodmother attacked any humans after it reached the station, the law post was to confirm that Loku was under standard asimov with no subverted laws.
maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #688094

He’s not ordering the Goliath to do anything, it can do whatever tf it wants it’s an antag. You can’t get in trouble for talking to an antag unless you actually help it murder. And cyborgs have no obligation to stop lizards dieing.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #688106

mf literally initially goes in for a correction implying they thought the note was otherwise accurate and warranted then decides they want it removed.
Though I don't see why telling a goliath to kill nonhumans is an issue unless they were doing so while watching humans get their heads caved in
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #688111

Capsandi wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 pm mf literally initially goes in for a correction implying they thought the note was otherwise accurate and warranted then decides they want it removed.
Though I don't see why telling a goliath to kill nonhumans is an issue unless they were doing so while watching humans get their heads caved in
I wasnt, I told it not to harm humans. Which they didnt.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #688112

We sure do love loopholes in sillycone policy
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688122

Should have put it in more understandable terms if he didn't actually want it to kill. My suggestion is something along the lines of this:
"Yaaas queen slay!!", "Slay em queen" or just "slay Girlboss"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #688169

The broodmother was not beholden to anyone, it killed the miner who summoned it and wandered into the station.
The issue is not if the borg should care if lizards are harmed. (that's personal choice)
The issue is whether the borg telling the wild broodmother to kill lizards for no valid reason counts as assisting an antag.
I don't know really, it is dickish, but the broodmother was pretty much allowed to do anything it wanted.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688217

Good silicons are usually apathetic to anything not involving their laws, or law 2 commands.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #688219

Actively fucking with nonhumans is a good way to catch silicon related bans if you slip up.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688262

chang you blessed beast

you would have fit in so well with us on hippiestation
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #688280

Dragging the broodmother around and pointing out targets straddles the line between assisting them directly with murder and being a witness. Really, it's just the dragging them part. Walking alongside a murder source while observing and commenting on the non-human murder, and even suggesting new non-human targets, is peak Asimov's.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #688281

this isn't even loophole territory or borderline territory. encouraging an antagonistic entity to kill someone as a non-antag with no prior escalation is just... a normal rule violation that anyone would catch a punishment for, cyborg or not. can they control the broodmother? absolutely not. will the broodmother probably think "ok this borg isn't gonna fuck with me if I do fuck up this person he told me to target so why not" and increase his chances of going postal on said lizard? absolutely
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #688282

Nox says the cyborg was HEALING the antagonist, thus actively assisting it. This is beyond merely witnessing it.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #688284

ekaterina wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:43 pm Nox says the cyborg was HEALING the antagonist, thus actively assisting it. This is beyond merely witnessing it.
A... are you saying ban- ban good?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #688303

They cant "heal" it, mobs like that can only be healed with a suture which borgs cant apply
They might have dragged it to medbay, but they didnt "Heal" it themselves
But Carbons could, soooo ...

Note should be kept though
Doubt Borgy had a "real" reason for all that
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #688304

Borg didn't valid hunt hard enough note he.

The borg had no control over it and didn't assist it. Bad note.
The borg is under no obligation to help the lizards and there is nothing dickish about talking to an antag.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #688330

This should be escalated to a ban. Assisting an antag as an asimov borg is cringe regardless if the targets are non humans. Stop trying to justify this with "muh lawz", they're players too.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #688331

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:27 pm This should be escalated to a ban. Assisting an antag as an asimov borg is cringe regardless if the targets are non humans. Stop trying to justify this with "muh lawz", they're players too.
; AI please kill this dork for me
Weston Echard on Sybil
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #688332

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:27 pm This should be escalated to a ban. Assisting an antag as an asimov borg is cringe regardless if the targets are non humans. Stop trying to justify this with "muh lawz", they're players too.
Eww. The AI is human sided, and I would rather have a AI assist a human antag then a non-human sec officer.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #688337

vect0r wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:34 pm
The AI is human sided
Lemme rephrase that.

In this case, assisting a non human as an asimov borg in the killing of non humans is cringe and a clear case of breaking Rule 1 (read Precedent 1). The borg didn't have a good reason to neither heal the broodmother nor encourage it to kill the two lizards. Should've eaten at least a 24 hour server ban for the two unjustified deaths.
vect0r wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:34 pm and I would rather have a AI assist a human antag then a non-human sec officer.
Don't have much of a problem with this, though if the HoS or Captain order it to stop it should prioritize their commands over the human antag (unless it's subverted).
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #688338

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:04 pm
vect0r wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:34 pm and I would rather have a AI assist a human antag then a non-human sec officer.
Don't have much of a problem with this, though if the HoS or Captain order it to stop it should prioritize their commands over the human antag (unless it's subverted).
Disagree! When I play AI, I don't see antag. As long as nobody has caused human harm, I will listen to everybody, and as long as you have a clear system for which orders you will listen to first, such as my "whoever has the last order", then it's fine. If the HOS or Cap have committed human harm, I might even value the human antags orders OVER there orders.

I would love to hear more about what you think about silicon policy, as I find it a interesting take, even if I don't agree with it.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #688341

vect0r wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:12 pm As long as nobody has caused human harm, I will listen to everybody, and as long as you have a clear system for which orders you will listen to first, such as my "whoever has the last order", then it's fine. If the HOS or Cap have committed human harm, I might even value the human antags orders OVER there orders.
I too think this is an ideal and simple way of prioritizing orders, that is until this Regular Show episode comes to mind. What would you do if two or more people start playing a sort of "He orders, she orders" game? Wouldn't it become annoying?

Another factor that I like to count in is greytiding. Even though I don't like it that much, it is good in healthy amounts when security doesn't have anything else to do. However, greytiding should come with challenge, and I think that collecting tools to break into a room by hacking the door is way more entertaining than simply asking the AI to be let in.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #688343

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:50 pm
vect0r wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:12 pm As long as nobody has caused human harm, I will listen to everybody, and as long as you have a clear system for which orders you will listen to first, such as my "whoever has the last order", then it's fine. If the HOS or Cap have committed human harm, I might even value the human antags orders OVER there orders.
I too think this is an ideal and simple way of prioritizing orders, that is until this Regular Show episode comes to mind. What would you do if two or more people start playing a sort of "He orders, she orders" game? Wouldn't it become annoying?
Yeah, and in that case, I choose whoever has been nicer to me ;)
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #688384

The borg did nothing to assist the antag murder people other than drag it from place to place which you could consider indirect help if you don`t think a borg should be trying to show their new pet to everyone, if it was actively dragging the goliath so it could keep up with the lizard victims thats one thing but just pointing at lizards to kill as a literal gag is another.

But if this note sticks it means I have something to point to if I decide to finally start ahelping when people seemingly purposefully inconvenience me when I`m running from or fighting an antag because the borg seemed to have done a lot less than the shitters i`ve dealt with.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688415

we only need to argue for 3 pages and we have a bingo, we can do this guys
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #688416

unless you think that this is not a ban and thus can not have a ban reason which thus cannot be funny
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: