moisturize

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

moisturize

Post by massa » #688984

wear something with spf too

take care of your skin!! the sun ages you like a motherfucker. it will fuck you up and you need to take care of yourself. you matter, do not get wrinkly.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Re: moisturize

Post by Epoc » #688992

do you honestly think SS13 players have the issue of being in the sun too much
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #688995

I went to the beach a few days ago and used plenty of sunscreen
massa

Post by massa » #689012

Epoc wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:42 pm do you honestly think SS13 players have the issue of being in the sun too much
if you use retinoids you should use spf even if you don't leave the house ever
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689013

julia you dumb blonde hoe no one in their right mind is putting on sunscreen INSIDE

unless you're like ultra super albino
Spoiler:
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #689016

I see the sun when I go to work at 4pm and that's the only time
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #689039

I'm going on holiday next week and I'm packing 50+. I am the palest guy you've ever seen. I can get burnt if I think about the sun too much.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689047

What is a retinoid
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #689050

so apparently there's this big ball of light that blasts the world with light and heat for at least 12 hours a day? why am I only just now learning this?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689051

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:18 am so apparently there's this big ball of light that blasts the world with light and heat for at least 12 hours a day? why am I only just now learning this?
It's fake it's a projection onto the firmament
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #689074

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:28 am
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:18 am so apparently there's this big ball of light that blasts the world with light and heat for at least 12 hours a day? why am I only just now learning this?
umm no dude its like this umm big yellow ball that warms us all up and if you look at it you will go blind so dont look at it and if you go near it you die it has like super death rays dude but umm we are protected by gas and shit promise
respect (let him do his thing)
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689076

kinnebian wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:11 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:28 am
umm no dude its like this umm big yellow ball that warms us all up and if you look at it you will go blind so dont look at it and if you go near it you die it has like super death rays dude but umm we are protected by gas and shit promise
Yes it's all of those things but also a projected hologram. You expect me to believe it's a giant ball of gas just sitting there? Get a brain. Hydrogen floats.
massa

Post by massa » #689146

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:59 am What is a retinoid
cheat code

awful toxic class of substances that force cells to regenerate faster, but when used topically, makes your skin immaculate
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #689152

massa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:36 pm
cheat code

awful toxic class of substances that force cells to regenerate faster, but when used topically, makes your skin immaculate
does it cause cancer or is it just a straight upgrade?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
massa

Post by massa » #689165

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:08 pm
massa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:36 pm
cheat code

tretinoin, the most famous, is actually a chemotherapy drug if taken orally

using it topically is, again, just a straight upgrade to your skin and chill (kind of harsh on the skin but it adapts), but if you don't protect your skin you'll destroy it faster than if you didn't use it. so moisturize and wear spf babes.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #689190

massa wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:40 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:08 pm
tretinoin, the most famous, is actually a chemotherapy drug if taken orally

using it topically is, again, just a straight upgrade to your skin and chill (kind of harsh on the skin but it adapts), but if you don't protect your skin you'll destroy it faster than if you didn't use it. so moisturize and wear spf babes.
Great to know.

I was gonna make a thread about how much I love sunscreen and anyone who calls sunscreen lame is a cranberry field trudging hillbilly who will contract Actinic keratosis and only have enough money from last year's cranberry harvest to stave off the spread, but they have to think about the money they need to leave behind to their family to persue a better life outside of the cranberry fields, but I won't have to make that thread because massa has already said the good word of sunscreen.
Do yourself a favor and do not directly expose yourself to the death laser in the sky that slowly blasts the life out of every part of your body it touches.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689195

Cranberries are grown in bogs not fields. Anyone who's seen an oceanspray commercial knows that.
Also retinoids sound Faustian.
Unless you're using mineral based sunscreen it's horrible for coral and also potentially fucks with your hormones.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #689209

On a related topic, not a moisturizer but a facial cleanser, this stuff is the best: https://www.amazon.com/Bior%C3%A9-Brigh ... 08GNZJDM4/

Your skin actually looks so much brighter after using it even for a little bit

They have impressed me so much I've become a voluntary shill for their product (sadly Walmart does not carry it any longer)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
massa

Post by massa » #689230

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:55 am Cranberries are grown in bogs not fields. Anyone who's seen an oceanspray commercial knows that.
Unless you're using mineral based sunscreen it's horrible for coral and also potentially fucks with your hormones.
yes actually use something more natural and expensive if you're going near reefs. most cosmetic products on the front line of shelves have had time to get over their toxic duckling arc though, i wouldn't worry so much.

also if you're a male your hormones only make you smell like shit, violent and hairy so no biggie
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:29 am On a related topic, not a moisturizer but a facial cleanser, this stuff is the best: https://www.amazon.com/Bior%C3%A9-Brigh ... 08GNZJDM4/

Your skin actually looks so much brighter after using it even for a little bit

They have impressed me so much I've become a voluntary shill for their product (sadly Walmart does not carry it any longer)
thank u (: for skincare friends either a retinoid or exfoliant (retinoids act as them) but both will also fuck your shit up.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #689248

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:55 am Cranberries are grown in bogs not fields. Anyone who's seen an oceanspray commercial knows that.
I know thats why it’s important to wear sunscreen. the light reflects of the water and blasts you double hard.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
massa

Post by massa » #689249

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:30 pm
I know thats why it’s important to wear sunscreen. the light reflects of the water and blasts you double hard.
this is very true, water and any sort of reflection and refraction can make a situation worse!!
massa

Post by massa » #689266

these people knew the dangers of the sun

Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #689302

People always ask why Victorians wore such heavy thick clothing that covered their entire body - "Wouldn't they be hot?" the modern person asks.

The reason is simple: sunscreen hadn't been invented yet, but sunburn had
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689312

massa wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:58 am
yes actually use something more natural and expensive if you're going near reefs. most cosmetic products on the front line of shelves have had time to get over their toxic duckling arc though, i wouldn't worry so much.

also if you're a male your hormones only make you smell like shit, violent and hairy so no biggie
Listen. Society has already entered its mouse utopia stage of oversocialization and male fertility has been declining for decades too. It shouldn't be encouraged further. That's why titanium and zinc oxide should be the starting point for sunscreen, which sucks because it's very white but the alternative is fucking up your own hormones as well as tainting the grey water when you wash it off.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689565

a little sunscreen is not going to turn me into a sissy

and it ain’t gonna hurt the coral much either grand scheme, take that issue up with the oil people pal…
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689567

fuckin nerds
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #689569

Spotted the big sunscreen industry shill
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #689571

the fucking suits at BIG SUN want to zap you of all your testosterone and hormones
respect (let him do his thing)
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #689572

Developing a good skin care routine is critical to aging well you youngins so listen up. Start simple get a nice face soap and a moisturizer and try to use it every few days.

I use stuff like this

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689573

idk what to tell u mindstormy but i think u got scammed 30 bucks for liquidized herbs….
Spoiler:
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #689582

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:35 pm idk what to tell u mindstormy but i think u got scammed 30 bucks for liquidized herbs….
Herbs are great man. You can smoke them. You can turn them into a fancy drink. You can liquidize them and spread them on ya face. Don't knock it till ya try it my mans.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689584

since we're talkin about grooming supplies i will use this opportunity to shill doubleedge safety shavers

i have not bought a single razorblade cartridge or refill in nearly a year. doubleedge razorblades are dirt cheap you can get like 200 for 20 bucks. so cheap i use a new one everytime i shave.

it's a bit of an initial investment for the shaver and the special shaving cream you need for em but man they're cool as hell plus you save over the longterm

if you wanna be real fancy you can get a brush too it feels good
Spoiler:
don't fall for that overadvertised Merkur crap though they're a scam cause they only work with their own restocks. this one's a Timor but you can find tons of good brands
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #689593

retinoids sounds like something you'd see on an autist forum for people who wear glasses

edit: wow the word filter ruined my excellent joke i'm really upset rn
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #689683

Epoc wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:42 pm do you honestly think SS13 players have the issue of being in the sun too much
Just got back from a camping and canoeing trip, so maybe.
Hugs