Delayed pride month thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Delayed pride month thread

Post by WineAllWine » #689813

Happy pride month gays!

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: Delayed pride month thread

Post by The Wrench » #689816

The new pride flag looks like aids I mean ass I mean shit.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #689820

Adam Klein wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:12 pm The new pride flag looks like aids I mean ass I mean shit.
I think it's a bit busy but we've kind of got to accept it. That's the whole point of pride, afterall
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #689850

Someone should've PR'd a slaughter demon called "priDEMONth" that's all colorful
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #689904

WineAllWine wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:30 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:12 pm The new pride flag looks like aids I mean ass I mean shit.
I think it's a bit busy but we've kind of got to accept it. That's the whole point of pride, afterall
The original flag did that just fine, the new one misses the point.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #689929

I agree the newer flag looks bad. The big intersex part seems a bit out of place, and there are some pretty big clashes in color that could use a redesign.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #689930

The rainbow was simple enough and accomplished its goal without looking awful. To be represented by the rainbow you don’t need your personal color on there.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #689943

The only way to settle this is to rank all the flags

6 - Philadelphia Pride Flag
The Philly pride flag isnt ugly per se, but looks the lowest effort out of all of the flags we've seen, as even the other more "traditional" style flags have colors that makes sense

5 - Gilbert Baker Pride Flag
The real original. The reason its not in 6 is because the specific colors are nicer, otherwise it suffers from the same problems aesthetically

4 - Intersex-Inclusive Progress Pride Flag
The absolute coolest design, but goes a bit overboard. This flag and the ones after are the ones that are atleast decent in my eyes aesthetically

3 - Queer Pride Flag
Out of this, 5 and 6 (and even 2), the coloring on the Queer Pride Flag is the absolute best and it has catapulted this otherwise basic flag to top 3

2 - Traditional Pride Flag
The reeeeal original flag, nostalgia brings this one to 2

1 - Progress Pride Flag
the best intersection of color and design without going overboard. The trans flag along with the black and brown carry the flag
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #690006

happy pride month

please give me attention
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #690011

Ah yes, I love having factions in my pride movement flag (remember that symbols reflect/lead to thoughts), rather than a rainbow that beautifully encapsulates everyone across all colors of the spectrum that is life, without giving special favor to anybody specific

Clarification: isn't the point of pride supposed to be accepting people for things that are inherent to themselves, so they can all be part of the human experience? How is labeling, dividing, and grouping people up into specific categories in any way consistent with that?

Anyways that's why I strongly dislike all the flags that aren't just normal rainbows
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #690015

yall rockin with the newly updated microsoft pride flag?
Last edited by c4g on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #690017

You know, atleast it commits to the motif
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690020

A flag that has all the spectrums of visible light to make a point?
Nah fuck that I want a flag with a bunch of crowded shit crammed into it more and more each year. Everybody gets their own segregated section of the flag according to their identity.
In a way it's a perfect flag for the times in that the underlying simple message of unity amongst differences has gone straight out the window in favor of carving out space away from that message to create separate spaces for concepts arguably covered by the earlier flag.
massa

Post by massa » #690031

now don't take this too personally but has a certain ilk moved from attack helicopter pronoun jokes and challenging the flag in its totality to grievances about its current iteration and 'factionization'?

sociopathic concern trolling
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #690034

c4g wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:59 am yall rockin with the newly updated microsoft pride flag?
Jesus christ my eyes
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690037

massa wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:20 am now don't take this too personally but has a certain ilk moved from attack helicopter pronoun jokes and challenging the flag in its totality to grievances about its current iteration and 'factionization'?

sociopathic concern trolling
The distinction is that I'm not pretending to be on the side of you or anyone else, I just think aesthetically the messaging of the flag is getting crowded. I also think that flag is quite successful at providing what both the left and right want from it, so keep it up 👍
massa

Post by massa » #690039

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:12 am I also think that flag is quite successful at providing what both the left and right want from it, so keep it up 👍
i'm being baited admins hold me back
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690045

We're clearly in a bread and circus stage of society where people want a big political fight I don't see how you could disagree with that statement.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690059

Thunder11 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:47 am
c4g wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:59 am yall rockin with the newly updated microsoft pride flag?
Jesus christ my eyes
I'd have made a joke that this is the direction it's headed in but we're already there. I guess that's it. It's like a fractal of flags. I can't even be a funster anymore, it'd be like quipping jokes about mathematical theorems at this point. You'd need a PhD to understand that flag. It's like looking at a diamond cut by MC Escher.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #690111

I really do think the progress flag is the best one for the whole community. I don't hate the intersex version - intersex people are important and deserve representation, after all. The flag is just really busy.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690164

Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:03 pm I really do think the progress flag is the best one for the whole community. I don't hate the intersex version - intersex people are important and deserve representation, after all. The flag is just really busy.
Prior remarks aside, I'd say that's the second best looking flag so it's pretty good. I still think the traditional #2 is the cleanest looking one, but the progress flag at least adds a new pattern to include with differing the colors to make it look interesting. 3, 5, and 6 to me just discard the rainbow concept while also looking worse for it. I think people in general agree with that since #2 is the pattern they use for the rainbow now (apparently).
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #690198

The prog flag is shit.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: