local headmin loses his marbles?!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

local headmin loses his marbles?!

Post by TypicalRig » #689898

Bottom post of the previous page:

kieth4 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:46 pm Now that I've had some internal experience with them my view has changed. As such, consider this my updated review! The comment I posted here when they first got admin no longer rings true.

Nameless seems to be- with no other way to explain it- thin-skinned, when things don't go their way they really don't like it and get upset. This is fine, but it's also frustrating when trying to discuss solutions to potential issues and nameless is there decrying how the high standards of tg are about to fall.

I don't think they're a bad person by any means, I just think them to be incredibly emotionally immature which makes it difficult to be on the other side of an argument to them as they will say some pretty outlandish things and act incredibly melodramatic.
if this isn't the most childish reaction lol
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: local headmin loses his marbles?!

Post by TheRex9001 » #690124

lol, lmao even.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #690131

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:29 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:15 pm You're being silly, sinful. If you really believe an admin is that childish, you should just complain to the headmins so they can keep an eye out on them (don't tell this to the others, but you can DM them). There is nothing more toxic to the admin team (and consequentially the playerbase) than an admin who does shit incorrectly and cannot see their own mistake, followed up by begrudgingly punishing (directly or indirectly) the player who called them out.

However, this is a hard thing to prove anyway, so you shouldn't go around blindly accusing admins of being begrudging pieces of shit, because that won't lead you anywhere in the first place. In the case you don't have proof of that yourself, why assume the admins will hold a grudge against you? I wouldn't. I'd be like "Eh, what did I do to this guy?" but I'd then just deal with it and move on because acceptance is necessary to improve from our mistakes (100% confirmed true fact). I understand that maybe not every admin may see it the same way as I do, but I bet the majority of us just want to use that feedback to do stuff better. At the end of the day, we're not here because we enjoy the power trip (sometimes (many times) it's actually a fucking headache to admin), but because we want to improve the players' experience (or at least we try to).
When I went to college, there was a feedback system for students to leave feedback on their professors. Not only was this anonymous, but the school went to even greater lengths -- your review wasn't even released to the professors until after your final grades were submitted. This was so that they couldn't deduce who the student that reviewed them was, and then possibly grade them differently.

I share this for one reason: if the powers that be decided that bias is a significant enough of a risk to PhD college professors to both anonymize and delay the release of their reviews, what makes you think SS13 admins are anymore immune?
We are here with the objective of making your experience better. Your professor is there to get paid.
If you believe the former is false, talk to the headmins and inform them of anyone that's out of line.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #690132

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad that Sinful compared the average level of petiness of an admin with that of a college professor.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690133

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm /tg/ Admins do not affect your future prospects in the job market.

You're comparing a degree in college to bans from one ss13 server.
I’m not comparing them at all. I’m giving it as an example to show that, clearly if bias exists among PhD professors over reviews, it must exist for SS13 admins?

It’s a very braindead response to a parallel being drawn to just be like “HURRR DURR DA TWO ARENT DEY SAME LOL!!”
Spoiler:
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #690134

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:17 pm
Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm /tg/ Admins do not affect your future prospects in the job market.

I’m not comparing them at all. I’m giving it as an example to show that, clearly if bias exists among PhD professors over reviews, it must exist for SS13 admins?

It’s a very braindead response to a parallel being drawn to just be like “HURRR DURR DA TWO ARENT DEY SAME LOL!!”
Sinful is right this time
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690135

Justice12354 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:12 pm We are here with the objective of making your experience better. Your professor is there to get paid.
If you believe the former is false, talk to the headmins and inform them of anyone that's out of line.
In both cases the reviews are so that the individual being reviewed can improve and make others’ experiences better.

As it turns out it’s simply a matter of people not taking kindly to critical remarks, whether that’s for their own improvement or not.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690147

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm

We all get you point that an admins can be biased from your first post, this is why
  1. We have a headmin review system to override any bans you feel is unfair (biased or otherwise).
  2. A complaint can be filed if an admin who you have lodged a complaint with or left bad feedback for has enacted a ruling which was discovered to be unfair to you given evidence.
I have directly linked you to a complaint where an admin was found to be biased against the player and was demoted from admin for it. Said admin had an outstanding complaint from the player.

I'm sorry if I interpreted it wrongly, but I already got your point from the beginning that there is bias and made the comparison to college, which take bias from professors much more seriously due to the importance of grades and formality. No one is disputing this, so I don't get why you, a person so outspoken about his beliefs, suddenly get worried about biased rulings when people are saying that you can leave bad reviews.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690156

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:48 pm
Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 pm

We all get you point that an admins can be biased from your first post, this is why
  1. We have a headmin review system to override any bans you feel is unfair (biased or otherwise).
  2. A complaint can be filed if an admin who you have lodged a complaint with or left bad feedback for has enacted a ruling which was discovered to be unfair to you given evidence.
I have directly linked you to a complaint where an admin was found to be biased against the player and was demoted from admin for it. Said admin had an outstanding complaint from the player.

I'm sorry if I interpreted it wrongly, but I already got your point from the beginning that there is bias and made the comparison to college, which take bias from professors much more seriously due to the importance of grades and formality. No one is disputing this, so I don't get why you, a person so outspoken about his beliefs, suddenly get worried about biased rulings when people are saying that you can leave bad reviews.
Because I feel that in stating all of this, you are trying to "write off" the fact that admins are vulnerable to biases over being critiqued.
A clause in the rules that says "don't enforce rules if you're biased" won't stop bias. Headmin review won't stop bias. An admin 3 years ago getting whacked for ruling in a biased manner won't scare off bias.

The only way to completely ensure you're not treated in a biased manner? Don't give them a reason to treat you in a biased manner! That includes critical remarks on their feedback threads.

It's not always going to be these super obvious cases of an admin banning a guy with an open complaint on him. Sometimes it'll be subtle -- maybe they hop on to take someone's urgent ahelp against you when ordinarily they wouldn't have bothered. Maybe they give the other guy the benefit of the doubt or give you a harder time in the ticket to prove your case. There are hundreds of subtle ways bias can impact a player and I don't intend on inviting any of them!
Spoiler:
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #690166

Sinful, you give way more ammo to a hypothetical vindictive admin with your gameplay style than anything you could possibly write in a feedback thread.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690167

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:29 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:15 pm You're being silly, sinful. If you really believe an admin is that childish, you should just complain to the headmins so they can keep an eye out on them (don't tell this to the others, but you can DM them). There is nothing more toxic to the admin team (and consequentially the playerbase) than an admin who does shit incorrectly and cannot see their own mistake, followed up by begrudgingly punishing (directly or indirectly) the player who called them out.

However, this is a hard thing to prove anyway, so you shouldn't go around blindly accusing admins of being begrudging pieces of shit, because that won't lead you anywhere in the first place. In the case you don't have proof of that yourself, why assume the admins will hold a grudge against you? I wouldn't. I'd be like "Eh, what did I do to this guy?" but I'd then just deal with it and move on because acceptance is necessary to improve from our mistakes (100% confirmed true fact). I understand that maybe not every admin may see it the same way as I do, but I bet the majority of us just want to use that feedback to do stuff better. At the end of the day, we're not here because we enjoy the power trip (sometimes (many times) it's actually a fucking headache to admin), but because we want to improve the players' experience (or at least we try to).
When I went to college, there was a feedback system for students to leave feedback on their professors. Not only was this anonymous, but the school went to even greater lengths -- your review wasn't even released to the professors until after your final grades were submitted. This was so that they couldn't deduce who the student that reviewed them was, and then possibly grade them differently.

I share this for one reason: if the powers that be decided that bias is a significant enough of a risk to PhD college professors to both anonymize and delay the release of their reviews, what makes you think SS13 admins are anymore immune?
are you really comparing college professors grading papers to teegee pixel spacemen admins that might be more eager at looking into ahelps specifically against you o.O
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690170

Being paranoid about bias admins to the point that you refuse to give feedback in fear they will use it against you is not improving the admin quality, sinful.
Neither is not bothering to complain about said bias when it does happen.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #690180

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:38 am i dont think i ever remembered the name of anyone who posted in my feedback thread when I was an admin so that's an unfounded fear. Admins are much more likely to know who you are from your constant peanut thread soapboxing
this is exactly what someone who remembers everything in their feedback thread would say
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #690197

That doesn't make anonymous feedback a bad idea, though.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690234

zxaber wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:40 pm Sinful, you give way more ammo to a hypothetical vindictive admin with your gameplay style than anything you could possibly write in a feedback thread.
I know, I have heard plenty of grumbling from you in dchat with what you think about my gameplay style :P
Spoiler:
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690254

Yes everyone should complain about the admins it works great
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #690257

Hugs
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #690264

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:53 pm Being paranoid about bias admins to the point that you refuse to give feedback in fear they will use it against you is not improving the admin quality, sinful.
Neither is not bothering to complain about said bias when it does happen.
Out of everyone here, Sinful is someone who has a right to be paranoid about biased admins.
Biased admins have bit him in the ass before.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690279

SkeletalElite wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:19 pm

That doesn't make anonymous feedback a bad idea, though.
I never said anything about anonymous feedback being a bad idea. It was never a bad idea. I'm talking about the severity of his comparison.
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:52 pm Out of everyone here, Sinful is someone who has a right to be paranoid about biased admins.
That doesn't mean holding back criticism is the right way to deal with it.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690286

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:40 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:52 pm Out of everyone here, Sinful is someone who has a right to be paranoid about biased admins.
That doesn't mean holding back criticism is the right way to deal with it.
Let me level with you a bit. I'm not paranoid about admins. Most admins already know me and probably have mostly formed their varying opinions of me so that ship has sailed.
On a holistic level, I find leaving negative feedback never makes sense, if we go through all the possible reasons to leave it.

A) Based on an event. I find admin events rare and want to empower more of them. Leaving negative feedback for an event I disliked will only discourage the admin from pushing buttons, which I'd hate to see.
B) Based on enforcement (notes/bans). This is only allowed if you've both appealed and had your appeal accepted, so it's very niche, and even then only makes sense in the rare instance malice was involved in their conduct.
C) Based on general demeanor. I'm morally opposed to the belief admins should be bureaucratic and "held to a higher standard" socially, so I'd avoid this unless it's some egregiously patronizing "better-than-thou" attitude. But that's usually incredibly subtle and thus too petty to put in feedback.
D) Based on ticket conduct. Here is the best candidate for negative feedback. Some admins handle tickets better than others. But I worry that nitpicking over ticket conduct would make admins dread to take my tickets, which are often supportmin tickets. They are volunteers and sacrificing their time to handle my issue, so it feels icky and petty to then critique them over it. The exceptions are incredibly dismissive and hostile tickets, but the admins that have that sort of conduct won't be amenable to constructive criticism anyway.

Therefore, negative feedback never makes sense! However the anonymity idea would probably solve some of these.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690287

if you don't do anything wrong you dont have to worry about biased admins
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690289

[/quote]
A) Leaving negative feedback for an event I disliked will only discourage the admin from pushing buttons, which I'd hate to see.

[/quote]

hohoho not if i was an admin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690290

i fucking hate quotes
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #690296

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:54 pm lol, lmao even.
Gonna leave an audit in your admin feedback thread in the coming days. You better hope to be on your best behavior.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690299

Kendrick likes pigs, not surprised
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690303

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:25 am Kendrick likes pigs, not surprised
someone get rid of this bozo already
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690304

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:59 pm Let me level with you a bit. I'm not paranoid about admins. Most admins already know me and probably have mostly formed their varying opinions of me so that ship has sailed.
On a holistic level, I find leaving negative feedback never makes sense, if we go through all the possible reasons to leave it.

A) Based on an event. I find admin events rare and want to empower more of them. Leaving negative feedback for an event I disliked will only discourage the admin from pushing buttons, which I'd hate to see.
B) Based on enforcement (notes/bans). This is only allowed if you've both appealed and had your appeal accepted, so it's very niche, and even then only makes sense in the rare instance malice was involved in their conduct.
C) Based on general demeanor. I'm morally opposed to the belief admins should be bureaucratic and "held to a higher standard" socially, so I'd avoid this unless it's some egregiously patronizing "better-than-thou" attitude. But that's usually incredibly subtle and thus too petty to put in feedback.
D) Based on ticket conduct. Here is the best candidate for negative feedback. Some admins handle tickets better than others. But I worry that nitpicking over ticket conduct would make admins dread to take my tickets, which are often supportmin tickets. They are volunteers and sacrificing their time to handle my issue, so it feels icky and petty to then critique them over it. The exceptions are incredibly dismissive and hostile tickets, but the admins that have that sort of conduct won't be amenable to constructive criticism anyway.

Therefore, negative feedback never makes sense! However the anonymity idea would probably solve some of these.
A) Fair, though I believe there should at least be feedback for egregious cases like say "spamming meteors at the start of the round without warning" as a benchmark.
B) Rarity is a valid point, but if the ban is proven to be malicious or a result of a grudge, the admin is clearly in much more trouble than just "bad review on his feedback"
C) Fair enough, general behaviour is harder to pin down and it's more effective to highlight specific incidents for something to stand on.
D) See B. Also, I believe admins should be taken to task for bad ticket handling because they must be neutral in tone when it comes to handling tickets regardless of who is doing it. If they can't do that, they should hand it over to other admins. Also, if the admin is incredibly dismissive and hostile and won't listen as you said, you should air it out so that they will be forced to answer to other, more powerful people on their behaviour.

I can see how the anonymity idea would work for A and C. Not B and D though, because those complaints require specific information that only the player and admin would know and won't work unless the complaint is directly kept hidden from the admin.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690324

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:33 am someone get rid of this bozo already
That word applies to you, too
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690325

Literally just got permabanned for pissing off the headmins and yall are talking about how it doesn't happen
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #690326

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:52 am Literally just got permabanned for pissing off the headmins and yall are talking about how it doesn't happen
since you seem to have forgotten
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690331

Yeah and you think anyone else gonna get perma'd for a singular kill in the name of starting the engine, or for nearly dying to a bunch of lasers? Obviously yall are doing your best to justify it, but the fact of the matter is you have access to the notes, you can write the ban reason, and you possess complete control over the narrative. All I can do is maximize my self satisfaction, because I know I don't deserve it. And I know why it happened.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690333

Screenshot_20230616_005936_Chrome.jpg
There's the threat right at the bottom. Also you are all way better at insulting people than me, I don't understand why you're so butthurt.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690335

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am Yeah and you think anyone else gonna get perma'd for a singular kill in the name of starting the engine, or for nearly dying to a bunch of lasers? Obviously yall are doing your best to justify it, but the fact of the matter is you have access to the notes, you can write the ban reason, and you possess complete control over the narrative. All I can do is maximize my self satisfaction, because I know I don't deserve it. And I know why it happened.
Yobi is completely right in that his ban is because of bias.

The headmin team is biased against yobi.
The admin team is biased against yobi.
The playerbase is biased against yobi.
Everyone is biased against yobi.

Please stop shooting yourself in the foot/hand/chest/head/groin and leave this place for better pastures, you're that crazy employee who has one month's notice and spends it shitting on the floor in front of everyone.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690336

It's unfortunate because I like playing here with you all or I wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I don't really understand what I've done to you that is so bad. I simply do not back down from anyone when I'm feeling righteous. It must really hurt your feelings that I'm so mentally impregnable.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #690337

Timonk wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:04 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:54 pm lol, lmao even.
Gonna leave an audit in your admin feedback thread in the coming days. You better hope to be on your best behavior.
Are you gonna Ask to speak to my manager….
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690338

The nastiness displayed by Mr Timberpoes absolutely dwarfs anything I've said to any admins. And yet I'm banned for my own attitude. I think perhaps I do not have the status to stand as tall as I was trying to stand.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690339

In fact, many of you, when met with my angry, shallow insults, have come back with cold, thoughtful ones. That, apparently, was not enough. I must pay for proving you're not all rainbows and sunshine. I must pay for daring to be different. I must pay for my attempts to expose and/or galvanize people.

And no mention of the good I have done for everyone. Just "look how many notes he's got lul", was just playing Fulp and the guy said I was so fast at med I should be cmo. Go figure.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690341

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:55 am Yeah and you think anyone else gonna get perma'd for a singular kill in the name of starting the engine, or for nearly dying to a bunch of lasers? Obviously yall are doing your best to justify it, but the fact of the matter is you have access to the notes, you can write the ban reason, and you possess complete control over the narrative. All I can do is maximize my self satisfaction, because I know I don't deserve it. And I know why it happened.
Bro I got banned one time for bolting lizards' escape paths as AI when a dragon was running amuck, I didn't even directly kill them.
If I kept doing shit like that the ban lengths would be increasing.
Calm down, play on another server, and appeal in one year.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690342

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:30 am
Bro I got banned one time for bolting lizards' escape paths as AI when a dragon was running amuck, I didn't even directly kill them.
I am not a bad player. I quit for a fucking year over a 2 week ban. I listen to my notes. I admit when I am wrong. I am not going to lay down and act like I deserve this. Instead I will find personal satisfaction in all of your wrongness.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690343

I'm just going to tell you to actually shut up and read all of the ban appeal/complaint threads you made before your permanent ban.

search.php?author_id=116974&sr=topics&sf=firstpost

Every single thread was filled with your whining. Every single thread, you threw a tantrum when things did not go your way. Every. Single. Fucking. Thread. Rejected. And. Told. To. Cool. Off. Your. Attitude

The Vekter one in particular was perplexing because you went into a hissyfit over Vekter banning a guy for 12 hours for sexism when you got 2 weeks for metagrudge even though
  • The ban was a year ago.
  • You appealled multiple times and got rejected for it.
  • Vekter wasn't even the banning admin for that time.
Not to mention your behaviour on peanut appeals, which is an exceptional case of why "people shouldn't talk in their own peanut".

You go on tirades over windmills to the point you turned everyone into a windmill, and everyone is completely happy to fulfill this role because it's you. You are basically the reason why it has gotten so bad for you.

And Timber's threat? It came true because you could never stop yourself, so someone had to stop you.

People had tried to tell you, nicely or rudely, that it was your fault it has gotten this bad. Your response was always to blame others, from the admins to other players to your sister to anyone else for your troubles. I have not heard a single line that shows that you admit fault for anything you do.
Last edited by Archie700 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690344

I was starting to calm down and make a few friends and they show up with their grudge on me at 4am on my 4 day weekend and ban me for lynching a guy who hid the fucking spare so we couldn't set up power.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690345

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:33 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:30 am
I am not a bad player. I quit for a fucking year over a 2 week ban. I listen to my notes. I admit when I am wrong. I am not going to lay down and act like I deserve this. Instead I will find personal satisfaction in all of your wrongness.
OUR wrongness? I didn't even ban you dude. I even warned you specifically why you were going to get banned for constantly sperging out, but you didn't change your behavior. Did you think I was just bullshitting you when I told you to stop hassling the admins?
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690346

Yeah I go on tirades, so fucking what. The only person who has gone out of their way to actually refute my points is Armodias, and still no one is talking about how the RD wouldn't set up power and hid the stupid spare. No one wants to address the central point - the station needs power, the acting captain is preventing setup of power. I think they were sorely overdue for someone like me to rib them for their behavior.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690347

Yes Dirk, YOUR wrongness. Because you are acting based on information they are carefully curating. People who possess power deserve to be tested.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690348

I explained previously that the admins are unpaid and their time is limited and if you kept wasting their time frivolously they'd start considering removing you from the server.
And guess what? The next time you fucked up and murdered someone over not playing command the way you thought they should, they clapped your ass.
I'm not going to pretend I'm your friend, you acted vaguely threatening one time and that was pretty weird, but I don't think I've been unfair in how I treated you, I even tried to warn you against getting yourself banned from the server, and I'm still advising you to just play on a different server quietly and come back in a year with a vouch. You throwing tantrums with the month you got left isn't going to make the admins sympathetic to your permaban appeal a year from now.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690349

Archie700 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:38 am I have not heard a single line that shows that you admit fault for anything you do.
And this is just wrong. I've admitted fault both on the forums and during in-game admin interactions. It's even in my notes "mistakenly killed a guy, was apologetic in ahelps."
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690350

Vaguely threatening?!?! I am not threatening nor have I ever tried to threaten anyone here. Especially not you. I have no idea who you are.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690351

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:52 am Vaguely threatening?!?! I am not threatening nor have I ever tried to threaten anyone here. Especially not you. I have no idea who you are.
Oh right, you posting that selfie of yourself cosplaying as buffalo bill and saying something to the effect of "Yeah you want to come fight me?" When I joked about whether that counted as doxing yourself. All that was just normal online behavior.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690352

I'm sorry but if anything you mentioning anyone doxing me is a threat, and I am perfectly in the right to defend myself against anyone who wants to invade my personal life.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #690353

It clearly does not feel like it, since many times you just give up and say "you win admins, I give" which just gives me the impression that you say that because you don't want to bother arguing.

To put it clearly, you were permanently banned because you decided to execute an acting RD for not setting up power with no evidence that he was an antagonist AFTER he was subdued (overescalation and rule 1), left his body behind, and killed someone who helped you subdue the RD because he didn't agree with execution (overescalation) and you're still denying any responsibility that it's your fault this entire incident happened and blaming Armodias, who banned you, and Timber, who wasn't even the only one that validated your ban.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #690354

yobihodazine2 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 am I'm sorry but if anything you mentioning anyone doxing me is a threat, and I am perfectly in the right to defend myself against anyone who wants to invade my personal life.
You posted your own photo, who is doxing you? Haha. That doesn't even make sense. Don't post your own photo. Don't challenge internet people to fights. Stop arguing with the admins, and don't kill players unless you roll antag. That's a pretty good roadmap to playing again on tg in a year and not getting banned again.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690355

You're missing the point. He purposefully hid his ID and refused to tell anyone where it is or help at all. The situation is so messy and you are so adamant that you know exactly what happened that you think you can ignore the reason why I did it.