What's in your name?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

What's in your name?

Post by Fren256 » #690119

What's the story behind your username? How did you come up with it? Did you give it some thought or was it the first idea that came to mind? And have you always used the same name or has it changed throughout the years?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Re: What's in your name?

Post by Pepper » #690125

big boobs
help
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690127

Better Idea: Guess how other people came up with their username.
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #690129

First name was my best friend through college.

Last name was a dwarf noble I got in Dwarf Fortress.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #690139

It should be easy to see.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #690141

turns out my chemical is imbalanced and now my emotions are out of the windows at times with other issues

unless you meant for ckey, it's Rice and Beans
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690145

a guy baby sinful looked up to in the competitive Territory War Online clan scene :oops:
Spoiler:
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #690157

kinnebian wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:07 pm Better Idea: Guess how other people came up with their username.
I dare you to guess mine then. Hint: Contrary to what others may believe, my name doesn't come from hacker 4chan
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #690191

Like 14 years ago I thought the word Stereo was pretty cool. Still think it is. The Awkward prefix came later since Stereo was always taken and comes from an in joke with an old group I used to run with (many of us still talk, all cool guys).
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #690196

I used to use my very first username everywhere for many years until I started getting kinda jealous of people with catchy usernames. I couldn't really find anything I wanted to stick to though. I tried Hella Munchies for a bit because of a tf2 video. Eventually my nephew got so sick and tired of me saying that I was planning on getting a new username that he sat me down in a discord call to look for names. We tried username generators and stuff and eventually we landed on a page with names for pet frogs. One of the names on there was Keroppi which turned out to be the name of a licensed hello kitty character. One of us had the idea to switch some letters out. I think I had watched Evangelion around that time and I had recently found out that Kaworu's name wasn't spelled the way I thought it was even though I read the subtitles. So I thought about that and that's how it turned into Kawoppi.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #690214

kinnebian wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:07 pm Better Idea: Guess how other people came up with their username.
that's what the name rating thread is (was?) for
► Show Spoiler
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #690215

I had a much longer name that got shortened to boot by lads on a TTT sever (real homies remember LG) and it just stuck.
Image Image
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690222

a tv show
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #690226

I did a wax museum thing on Manfred Von Richthofen (with the other time being Emperor Nero of the Julian-Claudian dynasty of Rome). RedBaron is almost always taken, and RedBaronFlier looked weird to me.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #690227

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:49 pm I did a wax museum thing on Manfred Von Richthofen (with the other time being Emperor Nero of the Julian-Claudian dynasty of Rome). RedBaron is almost always taken, and RedBaronFlier looked weird to me.
red baron pizza
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #690229

scripter was taken

scriptis is cooler anyway
Spoiler:

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690230

mangled last name of a friend
Last edited by kinnebian on Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
respect (let him do his thing)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #690231

Rex9000 was taken, and ever since then I have add this tag. Also t rexes are cool
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #690236

Iansdoor was never originally mine. It was vex bleh bleh bleh overlord. The thing with older siblings is that them, teens, buy games and you, kindergartener, play them. Eventually, in xbox and warcraft 3 communities. My brother's IGN was just mine after 34,000 hours of playtime and I will continue to keep it. I don't know the meaning of why he made it, but I believe I can show you the door.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #690239

I was 12. Put two related words together. BeeSting. Not much more to it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #690240

lord of the rings online character was a dwarf
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #690314

I wanted people on roblox to know i was funny but Thelolking was taken so i settled for Thelolswat. Ive since moved on but since thelolswat is my ckey thats my forum name
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #690315

When I was like 10 I realized I needed an online nickname. I just thought of some random ass word and remembered "Justice". Then with time I realized it wasn't specific enough, so I tried to add 123, but Justice123 is also very used, so I tried Justice12345, which is ALSO rarely available, so I just swapped the 4 and the 5 and got Justice12354
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #690316

I plagiarized it from a chemical that used to spawn in the RDs office on goon, made you immune to space.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #690319

I was kinda in that edgy elementary school -> middle school phase when I started using the same username rather than making new ones up for each game. Now I'm stuck with it.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #690321

its cool
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #690462

Constellation and tornado.
Two things I find cool.
Mix em together done easy.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #690491

I was moving away from an old alias just due to not really associating with it anymore. Couldn't decide what to go with instead, so figured since it's a space game, I'd go with my Elite Dangerous name.

But my Elite Dangerous name was too long, and my OLD Elite Dangerous name had the part that I was moving away from. I was watching a lot of Symphogear at the time, so I chose the Gear for my favourite character. Which was based on Odin's spear, Gungnir.

I also just kinda like the name Gungnir, but it alone would pretty much always be taken in things, so CMDR Gungnir works well.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #690536

I saw a gif many years ago of some guy being a dick to a goat and it knocked him over.
Rhials
Byond Username: TheDuffelbag

Post by Rhials » #690539

I would stand next to Phials on W330 OSRS and get called slurs for making people misclick onto me.
signature
-me

I've made all of your favorite PRs. Check 'em out!
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #690556

Teenage me had a brain vomit of words I've recently picked up/enjoyed and this name was the splattered residue. It's actually funnier to bullshit people into thinking I put thought into it instead of just being the result of unplanned decision-making.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #690572

some books melted. nothing else happened.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #690578

my name isn't english so as a child my nickname was bambi and through the years it became danbi and then dendy and the doom is because im so freakin epic random dude. no one outside of the online realms calls me that anymore and if they did it would feel weird as hell.

i've been told it's also the name of some russian NES console and honestly that makes me like it even more.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #690593

Thedragmeme sounded cool when I was like 15. It was a play on "the drag queen" when I didn't really know what that specifically meant at the time.

I will die with all of my fuck ups on my sleeve.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #690598

i saw someone i knew from club penguin on a bionicle forum chat so i decided to join that chat with a bionicle name
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #690626

I was eating digestives when asked to pick a username.

It's really that simple.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #690655

Hello. I... Like Harley Quinn.

If you couldn't tell.

Add a C, and what do you got. cHarley Quinn

Chadley is because I'm Charley, and a Chad.

Nothing further, I can't explain Armodias.
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #690689

Real name + what sounded cool
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #690778

I don't even like Indiana Jones all that much. I just thought it would work for a name.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #690971

aeons ago, long before the dawn of mankind, I was playing a multiplayer 2D flash shooter called "project sandbox" or something like that
the gimmick was that maps were super easy for users to make with a tile-based placement system where you could place down both destructible and non-destructible tiles, as well as make tiles team-based for CTF/TDM maps (or just go for FFA) so that members of that team could pass through em while others couldn't. Every kill you got resulted in a certain amount of money as set by the server host for each individual server (and you could open any game to MP through the game, so anyone could be server host if you had an interesting enough sounding game) and there were a huge chunk of available guns (standard shit like ballistics to lightning guns/railguns/lasers/etc)

you COULD play as a guest/anonymously, but little me wanted to make a name for himself because he was Very Fucking Good at abusing those railguns to nail people (high damage, low ammo, long reload, huge range, instant travel time)

I was a nerd, so I liked greek letters (Omega) and the "darkpotato" part came from just random picking, I think.
I shorten it to OmegaDark now on most platforms that have that available, or it's left as Omega_DarkPotato/OmegaDarkPotato

click on people the moment they enter your field of view for 90 damage and then follow up with the lightning gun's pitiful damage but extreme firerate and insta travel so that you can trace em when they try dodging for a 0.2s kill, or if you're as good as I was predict where they'll be offscreen with the nearby player indicator
AKcels coping over railgunchads
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #691003

Hey Hey people HeyHey here.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #691015

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:25 pm aeons ago, long before the dawn of mankind, I was playing a multiplayer 2D flash shooter called "project sandbox" or something like that
the gimmick was that maps were super easy for users to make with a tile-based placement system where you could place down both destructible and non-destructible tiles, as well as make tiles team-based for CTF/TDM maps (or just go for FFA) so that members of that team could pass through em while others couldn't. Every kill you got resulted in a certain amount of money as set by the server host for each individual server (and you could open any game to MP through the game, so anyone could be server host if you had an interesting enough sounding game) and there were a huge chunk of available guns (standard shit like ballistics to lightning guns/railguns/lasers/etc)

you COULD play as a guest/anonymously, but little me wanted to make a name for himself because he was Very Fucking Good at abusing those railguns to nail people (high damage, low ammo, long reload, huge range, instant travel time)

I was a nerd, so I liked greek letters (Omega) and the "darkpotato" part came from just random picking, I think.
I shorten it to OmegaDark now on most platforms that have that available, or it's left as Omega_DarkPotato/OmegaDarkPotato

click on people the moment they enter your field of view for 90 damage and then follow up with the lightning gun's pitiful damage but extreme firerate and insta travel so that you can trace em when they try dodging for a 0.2s kill, or if you're as good as I was predict where they'll be offscreen with the nearby player indicator
AKcels coping over railgunchads
Man I wish I had a origin story
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.