ADMIN CAUGHT STACKING NOTES FOR QC BAN: OWN MCPAIN STRIKES BACK

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

ADMIN CAUGHT STACKING NOTES FOR QC BAN: OWN MCPAIN STRIKES BACK

Post by sinfulbliss » #690601

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34269

first ticket ive seen where it was the admin lying in the ahelp
Spoiler:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: ADMIN CAUGHT STACKING NOTES FOR QC BAN: OWN MCPAIN STRIKES BACK

Post by kinnebian » #690864

Ezel wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:26 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:23 pm
Ezel wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:22 pm I would have done the same if people entered my kitchen
this wasnt exclusive to the kitchen it was the whole bar area
sounds like a security issue tbh
youre so true
respect (let him do his thing)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #690865

kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Phoebe Mehlmotte, no prior attack logs. Only grabbed and thrown.
Quirky-Lizard, no prior attack logs. Grabbed, beat, knocked out, thrown.
Xil-Go, no prior attack logs. Grabbed, beat, knocked out, thrown. Returned and was beat, cuffed, robbed, crit, thrown. Returned and unsuccessfully tried to stop Owen.
Dank O'Honker, no prior attack logs. Only grabbed and thrown, twice.

Eternius Lament, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Only grabbed and thrown. Included for the sake of not leaving out information.
Jimmy Jimmy, prior fight. CQC used defensively, although Owen appears to be the aggressor in the prior fight.
Richard Walker, prior shoving. Just a CQC shove, not meaningful
Sergei Bobrov, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Only grabbed and thrown. Later shoved Owen multiple times, was CQCd into crit and thrown. Returned to the kitchen, knocked out and thrown.

Bites-The-Dust, no prior attack logs. Grabbed, knocked out, failed disposal attempt, slightly beat up. Attempted to arrest Owen, seemingly unsuccessfully.
Keith Alex, no prior attack logs. Slightly beat, grabbed, thrown.

Gregory Henderson, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Grabbed, knocked out, thrown.

my point is he attacked more than the one consenting guy and hes had problems with it in the past
Grab throwing people is fine unless its infront of the tram or into danger lol.

Beat i dont know how much damage he did, anything less than 20 is usually fair game since people often hit eachother with a toolbox once, sinful recently started going to near crit territory on me just cause i blew kisses at him.

knocked out is fine because sec officers will some times spam flash bangs and pepper spray nades on the shuttle, griefing dozens of people and just being unconscious for a short period of time is alot better than being deaf and blind for awhile.

the amount of grief owen did throughout an entire round seems to pale in comparison to what a single clown/sec with a space lube or pepper spray nade can do.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #690867

can we mention how jimmy blew up whole kitchen in the same round from the service hallway location not knowing how much people he could've possibility killed as non antag and look at that what jimmy did over a fireaxe is compared nothing to what owen did troughout the whole round
The future is horrible!
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #690868

Ezel wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:36 pm can we mention how jimmy blew up whole kitchen in the same round from the service hallway location not knowing how much people he could've possibility killed as non antag and look at that what jimmy did over a fireaxe is compared nothing to what owen did troughout the whole round
What the fuck
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #690869

but nah that gets ignored huh.
The future is horrible!
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #690873

Ezel wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:39 pm but nah that gets ignored huh.
You know why that wasnt mentioned? Because its not relevant, and you have no idea if it was ignored or not.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #690874

i bet 10 bucks on it was ignored
The future is horrible!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690876

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:04 pm
You know why that wasnt mentioned? Because its not relevant, and you have no idea if it was ignored or not.
Was it ignored? A simple “no” wouldn’t be leaking anything!
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690877

MooCow12 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:16 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:14 pm
i dont understand how its possible to read this appeal and come out with this story? did you read the appeal or just the peanut posts
Okay explain how my summary is inaccurate, you dont need to waste your time going into detail if you dont want to just give a general idea.
he yells fuck liggers then to quote nox:
NoxVS wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:51 pm
because i looked at the logs and saw he CQCd a bunch of people FNR

do the others magically not count? Ignoring the one who said they were fine with it just, they CQCd:

Xil-Go, no prior attack logs. Grabbed, beat, knocked out, thrown. Returned and was beat, cuffed, robbed, crit, thrown. Returned and unsuccessfully tried to stop Owen.

Eternius Lament, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Only grabbed and thrown. Included for the sake of not leaving out information.
Jimmy Jimmy, prior fight. CQC used defensively, although Owen appears to be the aggressor in the prior fight.
Sergei Bobrov, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Only grabbed and thrown. Later shoved Owen multiple times, was CQCd into crit and thrown. Returned to the kitchen, knocked out and thrown.

Bites-The-Dust, no prior attack logs. Grabbed, knocked out, failed disposal attempt, slightly beat up. Attempted to arrest Owen, seemingly unsuccessfully.

Gregory Henderson, no prior attack logs, in the kitchen at the time. Grabbed, knocked out, thrown.
my point is he attacked more than the one consenting guy and hes had problems with it in the past
did you read this though? it’s all just grabs and throws with the odd “knockout.” willing to bet the “beat and knock out” was just a knockout since I think knocking out involves a combo that does a bit of damage

when you actually go through this instead of just seeing it and going WTFFF CHEF ATTACC PPL FNR!!! :O you can see clearly it’s all fairly harmless aside from a couple which in context are normal, valid conflicts
Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690879

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:11 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:16 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:14 pm
i dont understand how its possible to read this appeal and come out with this story? did you read the appeal or just the peanut posts
Okay explain how my summary is inaccurate, you dont need to waste your time going into detail if you dont want to just give a general idea.
he yells fuck liggers then to quote nox:
NoxVS wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:51 pm
because i looked at the logs and saw he CQCd a bunch of people FNR

do the others magically not count? Ignoring the one who said they were fine with it just, they CQCd:

did you read this though? it’s all just grabs and throws with the odd “knockout.” willing to bet the “beat and knock out” was just a knockout since I think knocking out involves a combo that does a bit of damage

when you actually go through this instead of just seeing it and going WTFFF CHEF ATTACC PPL FNR!!! :O you can see clearly it’s all fairly harmless aside from a couple which in context are normal, valid conflicts
archie kindly provided the logs in the appeal i dont need to paste them for the peanut
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690881

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:09 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:04 pm
Was it ignored? A simple “no” wouldn’t be leaking anything!
I don't know, and I can't really be asked to find out when its as I said very very irrelevant to the chef permaban. What does a seperate player detonating a bomb have to do with Owens chef ban?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #690883

From what I can remember of the logs, knocking out wasn’t always tied to harm. There is a spot on the list that was knocked out but not beat.

Also, did we read the same list? Are you ignoring the one guy on the list who was crit and robbed? With absolutely no escalation? And before you say it, no, the rule where you can use greater consequences for someone who returns does not apply when they are in a public area you’ve arbitrarily slapped a tiny RDM sign on.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Maxoess
Byond Username: Maxoess

Post by Maxoess » #690884

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:31 pm From what I can remember of the logs, knocking out wasn’t always tied to harm. There is a spot on the list that was knocked out but not beat.

Also, did we read the same list? Are you ignoring the one guy on the list who was crit and robbed? With absolutely no escalation? And before you say it, no, the rule where you can use greater consequences for someone who returns does not apply when they are in a public area you’ve arbitrarily slapped a tiny RDM sign on.
I can go on a whole tangent here about bad-faith log posting. But I'll just keep it to ''the one guy on the list'' who was crit and robbed. I barred him from my area for being a lizard. He weldered a wall down, stole pete, broken down the temperature machine and gibber and stole their boards. He also kept coming back and was in on the situation himself and seemed to have fun.

If you want to get rid of me, at least just ban me just because and be honest about it. But don't be this bad faith actor where facts and context are misconstrued to the point where it's almost some real life court case where I need a lawyer to sue for lible
Last edited by Maxoess on Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690885

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:31 pm From what I can remember of the logs, knocking out wasn’t always tied to harm. There is a spot on the list that was knocked out but not beat.
I think it's prolly cause legsweep involves beating once before the knockout (the sweep itself), whereas grab grab disarm knockout doesn't. Just a guess though
NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:31 pmAlso, did we read the same list? Are you ignoring the one guy on the list who was crit and robbed? With absolutely no escalation? And before you say it, no, the rule where you can use greater consequences for someone who returns does not apply when they are in a public area you’ve arbitrarily slapped a tiny RDM sign on.
Did you purposely ignore the part where Xil-Go, the guy that got "crit and robbed" tried to sell Owen's fridge beforehand? Why are you just makin up the "no prior escalation" man. I'm not even payed to logdive and I found that with a ctrl+F "Xil-Go" in the appeal.
Spoiler:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #690886

intentionally baiting other players into conflicts is good, it creates intrigue, roleplay, and security job content
toemas

Post by toemas » #690888

NoxVS wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:11 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:50 pm Like how is the chef robusting a grey after throwing him out once and telling him he ain't welcome even a bwoink in the first place!?
You cannot declare an entire public area to be arbitrarily off limits and beat up people for not going along with it.
why not?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #690890

toemas wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:56 pm
NoxVS wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:11 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:50 pm Like how is the chef robusting a grey after throwing him out once and telling him he ain't welcome even a bwoink in the first place!?
You cannot declare an entire public area to be arbitrarily off limits and beat up people for not going along with it.
why not?
1. Don't be a dick

We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules.
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #690891

Maxoess wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:36 pm

I can go on a whole tangent here about bad-faith log posting. But I'll just keep it to ''the one guy on the list'' who was crit and robbed. I barred him from my area for being a lizard. He weldered a wall down, stole pete, broken down the temperature machine and gibber and stole their boards. He also kept coming back and was in on the situation himself and seemed to have fun.

If you want to get rid of me, at least just ban me just because and be honest about it. But don't be this bad faith actor where facts and context are misconstrued to the point where it's almost some real life court case where I need a lawyer to sue for lible
As a non-antagonist you may begin conflict with another player with valid reason (refusal of critical services, belligerent attitude, etc) OR if it does not excessively interfere with their ability to do their job. Whomever you engage is entitled to respond to your actions. If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.

If you are wronged, you are expected to handle the conflict non-lethally whenever possible, escalating in severity as the conflict continues. As the defending party the rate of escalation increases with you, up to and including violence, while the instigator is always able to respond in kind.

If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690892

Nox.exe has stopped working. Defaulting to posting rules as a gotcha
Spoiler:
Maxoess

Post by Maxoess » #690893

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:05 pm

As a non-antagonist you may begin conflict with another player with valid reason (refusal of critical services, belligerent attitude, etc) OR if it does not excessively interfere with their ability to do their job. Whomever you engage is entitled to respond to your actions. If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.

If you are wronged, you are expected to handle the conflict non-lethally whenever possible, escalating in severity as the conflict continues. As the defending party the rate of escalation increases with you, up to and including violence, while the instigator is always able to respond in kind.

If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist.
I'm sure it's like talking to a wall. There's not really an argument here, it's more like a popularity contest. You don't really want to hear me, but just keep adding fuel to the fire. But for the sake of it since I posted my original comment. Again, Xil-Go kept coming back, to the point of welding down my freezer walls, dismanteling my machines, stealing the boards, kidnapping pete and then proceeding to roleplay a pete kidnapping with me.

He got hurt after by me because of this, but I promised not to kill him if he told me where Pete was and I kept my word. To me this is two players interacting and roleplaying with each other (god forbid). Then when some one tried to kill him I fought off the attacker and made sure he got medical treatment. He was an active participant in this whole situation and did not object to it as far as I know and seemed to enjoy it. I take this from his actions and his words later.

So either you want to bubblewrap the game to the point where nothing can happen because the rules are black and white. Or you're being malicious by ignoring facts and throwing the ruleset at a situation.

Especially ignoring what started the ban, which was lizard-man. I appreciate the amount of admins coming on here to try to character assassinate me and change the narrative from the original bwoink, but it's not that charming. Like I said, at least just be honest about your intentions. At least one did so in here.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690894

shadow council scheming to destroy maxoess reputation on space game
Maxoess

Post by Maxoess » #690895

kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:23 pm shadow council scheming to destroy maxoess reputation on space game
It's such a petty thing to deflect and throw shade at a person with such a comment. Especially when you yourself just parrot what other people say.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690896

Maxoess wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:25 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:23 pm shadow council scheming to destroy maxoess reputation on space game
It's such a petty thing to deflect and throw shade at a person with such a comment. Especially when you yourself just parrot what other people say.
have you hit your head
toemas

Post by toemas » #690897

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:03 pm We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules.
Intentionally starting conflict with someone isn't synonymous with negatively impacting their round. In this case it had an observably positive impact on their round
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690900

an issue i've noticed more on Terry than other servs, admins like Kubi have a very different view of the game than most Terry players. kind of more strict and want less conflict/fights. they enforce based on that and focus on "problem players" like Owen who enjoy making fun conflicts. meanwhile others get away with things like bombing the kitchen simply because theyre not in the "problem player" list which i think shows the bias pretty well

maxoess has defended his actions already, a bunch of admins have come in with empty posts just saying "logs show man bad" even after he's provided context to them. or just copypasting rules lol

that can be frustrating to read as the player who's put in effort explaining the context of his actions and giving reasonable defenses, to have his defense completely ignored as if he never wrote them

it's a real pack-mentality mindset and shows a lack of interest in engaging seriously with the evidence and facts of the appeal
Spoiler:
toemas

Post by toemas » #690901

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:05 pm As a non-antagonist you may begin conflict with another player with valid reason (refusal of critical services, belligerent attitude, etc) OR if it does not excessively interfere with their ability to do their job. Whomever you engage is entitled to respond to your actions. If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.

Instead of mindlessly quoting the rules you should make an argument as to why enforcing them in this instance helped make the game more fun, because that's what the rules are actually supposed to accomplish, ideally
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #690903

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:39 pm
an issue i've noticed more on Terry than other servs, admins like Kubi have a very different view of the game than most Terry players. kind of more strict and want less conflict/fights. they enforce based on that and focus on "problem players" like Owen who enjoy making fun conflicts. meanwhile others get away with things like bombing the kitchen simply because theyre not in the "problem player" list which i think shows the bias pretty well

maxoess has defended his actions already, a bunch of admins have come in with empty posts just saying "logs show man bad" even after he's provided context to them. or just copypasting rules lol

that can be frustrating to read as the player who's put in effort explaining the context of his actions and giving reasonable defenses, to have his defense completely ignored as if he never wrote them

it's a real pack-mentality mindset and shows a lack of interest in engaging seriously with the evidence and facts of the appeal
fair enough good point
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690905

Maxoess wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:20 pm
NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:05 pm

I'm sure it's like talking to a wall. There's not really an argument here, it's more like a popularity contest. You don't really want to hear me, but just keep adding fuel to the fire. But for the sake of it since I posted my original comment. Again, Xil-Go kept coming back, to the point of welding down my freezer walls, dismanteling my machines, stealing the boards, kidnapping pete and then proceeding to roleplay a pete kidnapping with me.

He got hurt after by me because of this, but I promised not to kill him if he told me where Pete was and I kept my word. To me this is two players interacting and roleplaying with each other (god forbid). Then when some one tried to kill him I fought off the attacker and made sure he got medical treatment. He was an active participant in this whole situation and did not object to it as far as I know and seemed to enjoy it. I take this from his actions and his words later.

So either you want to bubblewrap the game to the point where nothing can happen because the rules are black and white. Or you're being malicious by ignoring facts and throwing the ruleset at a situation.

Especially ignoring what started the ban, which was lizard-man. I appreciate the amount of admins coming on here to try to character assassinate me and change the narrative from the original bwoink, but it's not that charming. Like I said, at least just be honest about your intentions. At least one did so in here.
I'll chip in here with something, whilst I found it pretty cringe for you to go up and IC talk about being bwoinked (different words yadayada) when I saw you asking Xil-go they didnt think the situation was bwoink worthy or they at least didnt express it IC
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690907

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 pm I'll chip in here with something, whilst I found it pretty cringe for you to go up and IC talk about being bwoinked (different words yadayada) when I saw you asking Xil-go they didnt think the situation was bwoink worthy or they at least didnt express it IC
Lizardistaken wrote:or where it's said "you should know better than to talk about ticket IC", despite the fact that I had first asked Owen if he had gotten into trouble IC.
he was responding to Xil-go asking if he got in trouble. lizman brought it up. this is straight from the appeal
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690909

man some of y'all are way out of touch. i don't even play terry much but how can you read these logs and not see it was obviously a fun little bit people were participating in?

Code: Select all

02:26:21	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "owen lore"	(135, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:40	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "we hate owen"	(133, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:44	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "NO LIGGERS"	(135, 134, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:45	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "ALLOWED"	(135, 134, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:27:09	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "we hate owen"	(126, 133, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
02:27:16	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "for the time being until I change my mind for no reason"	(135, 130, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:27:39	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "owen"	(122, 143, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
02:28:01	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "owen"	(133, 133, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:06	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "READ THE SIGN"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:08	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "NO"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:09	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "LIGGERS"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:13	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "on a scale of 1 to 10 how racist are you feeling today"	(131, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:20	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "7 and a half"	(136, 129, 2)	Bar Lounge
Also i have to say, sort of lazy logposting by Archie this time around, looks like she just filtered for "Owen" which unfortunately misses everything everyone else said that doesn't have "Owen" in it
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690910

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:59 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 pm I'll chip in here with something, whilst I found it pretty cringe for you to go up and IC talk about being bwoinked (different words yadayada) when I saw you asking Xil-go they didnt think the situation was bwoink worthy or they at least didnt express it IC
Lizardistaken wrote:or where it's said "you should know better than to talk about ticket IC", despite the fact that I had first asked Owen if he had gotten into trouble IC.
he was responding to Xil-go asking if he got in trouble. lizman brought it up. this is straight from the appeal
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 2/game.txt
In regards to the IC ticket stuff:
[2023-06-18 15:24:15.334] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "ghost watch them" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:23.298] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "watch me" (Central Primary Hallway (88,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:24.791] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "a lot" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:31.381] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "probably just waiting for a reason" (Central Primary Hallway (88,135,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:57.034] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "meanwhile jimmy just grenaded me over a fireaxe" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:42.150] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "also I got gods now" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:49.741] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "breathing in my neck because I crit lizard-man" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:58.061] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "even though lizard-man thoguht it was funny and didnt complain" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:05.345] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "so thats kinda amazing" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:11.408] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "to find a reason" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:14.545] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "I assume" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
Xil-Go's conversation with Owen and Lizard-Man (not counting emotes):
[2023-06-18 15:28:36.635] GAME-SAY: WILL_IT_CRUNCH/(Xil-Go) "if both partys are okay" (Central Primary Hallway (86,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:39.161] GAME-SAY: WILL_IT_CRUNCH/(Xil-Go) "then should be okay" (Central Primary Hallway (86,144,2))
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #690913

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:31 pm public area you’ve arbitrarily slapped a tiny RDM sign on.
Ban rage cages please

one time someone made a rage cage in the middle of the hallway and beat me up/shocked me to death when i was new and trying to get through it.
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #690914

Maxoess wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:36 pm He weldered a wall down, stole pete, broken down the temperature machine and gibber and stole their boards. He also kept coming back and was in on the situation himself and seemed to have fun.
well the admin`s remaining arguement hinges on them not having fun so I`d like to see more than "they seemed to have fun" and if all thats true.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #690919

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #690925

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:18 pm Nox.exe has stopped working. Defaulting to posting rules as a gotcha
On the contrary, Nox's reply here was great. The answer to the question was so obvious that he could, and did, answer it with a simple copy-paste of the rules. It's funny.
... in regards to rule 1, that is. The part where he pasted escalation policy, highlighting sections that don't even apply if Maxoess is to be believed, was poor.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #690934

You know I am raise an issue with that. Owen didn't even bother to reply back into his own appeal to explain his actions or ask the better questions. Funny that he wants to remain "polite and on his tip toes" and yet he is unwilling to compromise a bit with his actions. But... what gets me is that Owen is here on a peanut that y'all started before the appeal and he still presses on you, sinful to defend his dick ish actions. I would implore the pair of you, to go to the important appeal, instead of the almighty peanut.

Again, I ask "why would someone go out of their way to bomb you." what actions do you, as that receiving end, have to do to get to that point of conflict. If that answer isn't "to shortcut around stun or melee combat," then I don't think we could get to an understanding.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690936

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:38 pm
[2023-06-18 15:24:15.334] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "ghost watch them" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:23.298] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "watch me" (Central Primary Hallway (88,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:24.791] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "a lot" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:31.381] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "probably just waiting for a reason" (Central Primary Hallway (88,135,2))
[2023-06-18 15:24:57.034] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "meanwhile jimmy just grenaded me over a fireaxe" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:42.150] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "also I got gods now" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:49.741] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "breathing in my neck because I crit lizard-man" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:27:58.061] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "even though lizard-man thoguht it was funny and didnt complain" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:05.345] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "so thats kinda amazing" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:11.408] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "to find a reason" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:14.545] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "I assume" (Central Primary Hallway (87,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:36.635] GAME-SAY: WILL_IT_CRUNCH/(Xil-Go) "if both partys are okay" (Central Primary Hallway (86,144,2))
[2023-06-18 15:28:39.161] GAME-SAY: WILL_IT_CRUNCH/(Xil-Go) "then should be okay" (Central Primary Hallway (86,144,2))
scroll up earlier and find out who brought it up first. according to Owen the lizard brought it up asking if he got in trouble to which he responded, the way you phrased it made it sound like he just randomly started talking about getting bwoinked
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690938

iansdoor wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:46 pm

You know I am raise an issue with that. Owen didn't even bother to reply back into his own appeal to explain his actions or ask the better questions. Funny that he wants to remain "polite and on his tip toes" and yet he is unwilling to compromise a bit with his actions. But... what gets me is that Owen is here on a peanut that y'all started before the appeal and he still presses on you, sinful to defend his dick ish actions. I would implore the pair of you, to go to the important appeal, instead of the almighty peanut.
Kubi literally just said, “i can reword it if you want but this ban is in line with [includes unrelated ban] so i will keep it. i have called headmins and gathering more info.”

how’s he supposed to respond to that? also he hasn’t pressed me to defend him, i’m defending it because i like many other people think this is a silly ban. also why would I go to the appeal? my posts will be deleted since evaluative posts aren’t allowed on appeal threads
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690958

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:00 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:38 pm
scroll up earlier and find out who brought it up first. according to Owen the lizard brought it up asking if he got in trouble to which he responded, the way you phrased it made it sound like he just randomly started talking about getting bwoinked
According to logs it seems like Owen brought it up
[2023-06-18 15:23:26.816] GAME-EMOTE: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) points at Lizard-Man (Port Primary Hallway (82,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:29.847] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "You no longer feel perfectly healthy." (Central Primary Hallway (87,136,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:32.267] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "me when" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:39.189] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "getting problems for something" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:44.436] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "you don't mind" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:45.736] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:48.538] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "amazing" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:51.603] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "they messaged me randomly" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:54.008] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "about it" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
*From the logs I checked out this seems like the start of the conversation, it may be elsewhere but Lizard-Mans previous say logs relate to CQC and such. No mention of gods or "They"
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #690959

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:05 am https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 2/game.txt
[2023-06-18 15:23:26.816] GAME-EMOTE: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) points at Lizard-Man (Port Primary Hallway (82,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:29.847] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "You no longer feel perfectly healthy." (Central Primary Hallway (87,136,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:32.267] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "me when" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:39.189] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "getting problems for something" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:44.436] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "you don't mind" (Port Primary Hallway (85,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:45.736] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:48.538] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "amazing" (Central Primary Hallway (88,134,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:51.603] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "they messaged me randomly" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
[2023-06-18 15:23:54.008] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "about it" (Central Primary Hallway (87,133,2))
*From the logs I checked out this seems like the start of the conversation, it may be elsewhere but Lizard-Mans previous say logs relate to CQC and such. No mention of gods or "They"
this is a different conversation with a different person than the one you initially brought up
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690960

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:36 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:05 am https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 2/game.txt
this is a different conversation with a different person than the one you initially brought up
Sorta? They keep conversing for a while and eventually move upwards towards the vacant comissary/cargo area where they have a conversation with xil-go. I would consider this the start of the mentioning ticket IC though it 100% gets worse later.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #690961

iansdoor wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:46 pm Again, I ask "why would someone go out of their way to bomb you." what actions do you, as that receiving end, have to do to get to that point of conflict. If that answer isn't "to shortcut around stun or melee combat," then I don't think we could get to an understanding.
That's a bad question. Someone can bomb you without you having done anything at all to that person, if, for example, that someone is a traitor and you're a kill objective.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #690962

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:01 am
iansdoor wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:46 pm Again, I ask "why would someone go out of their way to bomb you." what actions do you, as that receiving end, have to do to get to that point of conflict. If that answer isn't "to shortcut around stun or melee combat," then I don't think we could get to an understanding.
That's a bad question. Someone can bomb you without you having done anything at all to that person, if, for example, that someone is a traitor and you're a kill objective.
I believe what I have asked is the right question in Owen's case. You might not know, but he regularly gets bombed by non-antags and antags. I am just curious of what actions does he take.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #690964

except that person was a nonantag

recently i got gibbed with owen aswell by a chemist health sensor bomb who was also a non antag
The future is horrible!
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #690966

iansdoor wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:26 am
I believe what I have asked is the right question in Owen's case. You might not know, but he regularly gets bombed by non-antags and antags. I am just curious of what actions does he take.
Is being a bomb magnet for being an abrasive ass a bad thing though? Depending on the bomb, that'd be administrative action on the party throwing the bomb.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #690967

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:00 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:36 am
Sorta? They keep conversing for a while and eventually move upwards towards the vacant comissary/cargo area where they have a conversation with xil-go. I would consider this the start of the mentioning ticket IC though it 100% gets worse later.
There might be earlier logs (found em)
[2023-06-18 15:18:34.757] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) points at Owen McShain (Central Primary Hallway (125,126,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:36.050] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "are you" (Central Primary Hallway (125,126,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:36.737] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "hey dingus" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:38.704] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "in trouble" (Central Primary Hallway (125,126,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:44.369] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "if you got a problem" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:51.032] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "next time say it instead of going with the gag" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:55.323] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "i told them" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:18:57.786] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "i didnt mind" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:03.402] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "ah ok" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:03.962] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "that i found it funny" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:05.852] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:11.280] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "I assumed as such so i thought all was cool" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:16.201] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "yeah i" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:19.460] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "enjoyed it" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:20.882] GAME-SAY: Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "But they only asked me what was up, nothing more I heard" (Central Primary Hallway (126,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:42.155] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "i wish they didnt" (Central Primary Hallway (125,125,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:43.390] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "assume" (Central Primary Hallway (125,126,2))
[2023-06-18 15:19:46.085] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "i disliked it" (Central Primary Hallway (125,126,2))
So it seems Lizard-Man did start the first conversation? (Small segment about brain damage removed) After this the logs that follow are the previous conversations and some stuff about CQC and the station blueprints first. This might not even be considered the start, but I would say its the start of the mention of them and stuff.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690969

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:08 pm man some of y'all are way out of touch. i don't even play terry much but how can you read these logs and not see it was obviously a fun little bit people were participating in?

Code: Select all

02:26:21	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "owen lore"	(135, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:40	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "we hate owen"	(133, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:44	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "NO LIGGERS"	(135, 134, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:26:45	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "ALLOWED"	(135, 134, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:27:09	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "we hate owen"	(126, 133, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
02:27:16	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "for the time being until I change my mind for no reason"	(135, 130, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:27:39	SAY	Imaybelikemen/(Quirky-Lizard) "owen"	(122, 143, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
02:28:01	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "owen"	(133, 133, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:06	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "READ THE SIGN"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:08	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "NO"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:09	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "LIGGERS"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:13	SAY	Sk1Wass3r/(Phoebe Mehlmotte) "on a scale of 1 to 10 how racist are you feeling today"	(131, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:28:20	SAY	Maxoess/(Owen McShain) "7 and a half"	(136, 129, 2)	Bar Lounge
Also i have to say, sort of lazy logposting by Archie this time around, looks like she just filtered for "Owen" which unfortunately misses everything everyone else said that doesn't have "Owen" in it
So I did a larger analysis of it by using Notepad++ and marking "Owen", "McShain", "Bar", "Kitchen", "Daliistaken" and "Jimmy Jimmy" and it resulted in a log quagmire.

I had to cut until I was left with mostly only the say logs to fit.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Maxoess

Post by Maxoess » #690982

My skirt is too short.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #690986

Maxoess wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:37 pm
My skirt is too short.
Just get a longer jumpskirt, then. :honkman:
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #690989

log wars arc
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #691007

Maxoess wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:26 pm
Archie700 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:33 pm The reason for length was because how long the entire incident took (basically most of Owen's round was him fighting), his most frequent victim being Lizard-Man (thus his entire say logs were included) and Jimmy bombing the kitchen (probably related to multiple CQCs and people asking him to cook food)
If you're going to post logs, don't be disengengous. If you would look into the logs you could find out why Jimmy decided to escalate to bombing an entire department to the ground (hint: it wasn't a good or valid reason). At this point you're peanut posting with this assumption to push a narrative you believe in.
My bad, I reread and I found out that was on Jimmy since he attacked you with the axe and got it confiscated twice for that
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?