Nut Your Self

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Nut Your Self

Post by conrad » #691085

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34288

The bar to play here is already pretty low. This is just sad.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Nut Your Self

Post by sinfulbliss » #691241

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:59 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:24 am
Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm As for the person who's supposedly causing you to have these outbursts? We are watching them and, if we find any wrongdoing, it'll be addressed.
I’m not gonna lie this combined with the “I'm explicitly asking him and others to notify me if they believe you're breaking the rules” bit is spooky as hell
I mean, you and I already had a conversation about it. I'm trying to filter out the people going "AXLE BAD HE KILL ME" from people with legitimate concerns. If there aren't any, we're good.
It still makes me itchy because if your ticket for entry to the “legitimate concerns” department is why I walked into robo on a round 10 days ago as a zombie and then “hmm not buying it” when I chuck out a guess cause I don’t even remember what I ate for breakfast 2 days ago, it is gonna be a lot harder to play the game.

You see the issue isn’t the players coping in ahelps braindeadedly, the issue is when they get a little smarter and channel their mald into “issues” they know admins would actually investigate and give the other player a hard time about, like serxule did, because the ahelper is always given the benefit of the doubt, sorta like guilty until proven innocent.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #691255

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 pm It still makes me itchy because if your ticket for entry to the “legitimate concerns” department is why I walked into robo on a round 10 days ago as a zombie and then “hmm not buying it” when I chuck out a guess cause I don’t even remember what I ate for breakfast 2 days ago, it is gonna be a lot harder to play the game.

You see the issue isn’t the players coping in ahelps braindeadedly, the issue is when they get a little smarter and channel their mald into “issues” they know admins would actually investigate and give the other player a hard time about, like serxule did, because the ahelper is always given the benefit of the doubt, sorta like guilty until proven innocent.
Did I punish you for that? I don't recall even noting you for it, so obviously I believed it didn't have enough merit to act on it.

I'll make you the promise that, if anyone brings up any issue involving you, I'll pass it through other admins before I actually act on it so that there's no concern of bias.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #691266

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:59 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:24 am
Vekter wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm As for the person who's supposedly causing you to have these outbursts? We are watching them and, if we find any wrongdoing, it'll be addressed.
I’m not gonna lie this combined with the “I'm explicitly asking him and others to notify me if they believe you're breaking the rules” bit is spooky as hell
I mean, you and I already had a conversation about it. I'm trying to filter out the people going "AXLE BAD HE KILL ME" from people with legitimate concerns. If there aren't any, we're good.
It still makes me itchy because if your ticket for entry to the “legitimate concerns” department is why I walked into robo on a round 10 days ago as a zombie and then “hmm not buying it” when I chuck out a guess cause I don’t even remember what I ate for breakfast 2 days ago, it is gonna be a lot harder to play the game.

These decisions are never about just one admin, and there's a lot of back and forth on the validity of stuff.

Serxule's case was simple as "how many times did he tell someone to kill themselves? How often does he mald like that" The answer was A LOT.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #691267

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:20 am
iansdoor wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:40 am At least one positive note, the thought of self help is there! I hope they take a solid break from this shitty evil space game.
I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I started looking through his logs and just gave up partway through. He hasn't been improving, just nobody bothered to tell us.
No no, I am not going to refute the current and past evidence. They look like where I was sometimes, with the burnout. I am mentioning that, they might take a long break and unwind their issues, as they mentioned that their mental health was unhealthy. The space madness happens to us all, at some point, and also hard to admit unhealthy mentality as well.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691268

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:58 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 pm It still makes me itchy because if your ticket for entry to the “legitimate concerns” department is why I walked into robo on a round 10 days ago as a zombie and then “hmm not buying it” when I chuck out a guess cause I don’t even remember what I ate for breakfast 2 days ago, it is gonna be a lot harder to play the game.

Did I punish you for that? I don't recall even noting you for it, so obviously I believed it didn't have enough merit to act on it.

I'll make you the promise that, if anyone brings up any issue involving you, I'll pass it through other admins before I actually act on it so that there's no concern of bias.
I don’t think you’re biased against me at all, don’t get me wrong. I just think it’s odd to bwoink over something THAT old. Particularly something so minor

My point was more about, needing to defend every accusation with no limit to either severity or time passed since would make it quite exhausting to play. Admins should vet the complaints a bit to see if they have merit before creating a ticket over it which could disrupt rounds if the ticket drags on too long
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691276

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:35 am I don’t think you’re biased against me at all, don’t get me wrong. I just think it’s odd to bwoink over something THAT old. Particularly something so minor

My point was more about, needing to defend every accusation with no limit to either severity or time passed since would make it quite exhausting to play. Admins should vet the complaints a bit to see if they have merit before creating a ticket over it which could disrupt rounds if the ticket drags on too long
I was admittedly going off of what Serxule told me and, as we know, he's a little biased. That being said, there's not really a statute of limitations on breaking the rules here, so I think I was valid to question you about it. I coulda been a little less aggressive, though. Ideally people are reporting when these things happen, but for some reason the lowpop gang on both Sybil and Basil really fucking hate telling us when someone's doing a bad, so I don't know what else I can do other than actively being there.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #691278

Serxule threatening to metagrudge x sec player griefing them kind of reminds me of reider meiza though.

People stopped treating reider as if he had super meta protection as sec and were quick to lynch him as soon as he looked like he was going to do something wrong it was a textbook definition of metagrudge in mass.

I assume thats what Serxule meant, especially when they said "I should have killed him instantly" combat in this game isnt like someone attacks me so i attack them back its someone walked up next to me and stunlocked me long enough to kill me or cuff me so I have no way to do anything.

This is one of the main issues with stuncombat it doesnt really make RP unless you consider call of duty gamer rage / shit talk RP.

Should they go to an admin each and every time? Yes definitely because now you`ve made your negative interaction with that player official, even if admins dont do anything in the future itl be much easier to show that you had issues with x.

Should they bitch in dead chat? Yes definitely everyone does it, we had crowds of people bitching over Reider in dead chat and alive over radio.

Should they tell people to kill themselves? Only on April Fool`s week because holy fuck is the game not worth playing during that time, everyone should do that and dnr and just not play the game until its over.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #691279

Vekter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:24 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:35 am I don’t think you’re biased against me at all, don’t get me wrong. I just think it’s odd to bwoink over something THAT old. Particularly something so minor

I was admittedly going off of what Serxule told me and, as we know, he's a little biased. That being said, there's not really a statute of limitations on breaking the rules here, so I think I was valid to question you about it. I coulda been a little less aggressive, though. Ideally people are reporting when these things happen, but for some reason the lowpop gang on both Sybil and Basil really fucking hate telling us when someone's doing a bad, so I don't know what else I can do other than actively being there.
You admins are all literally offline during lowpop and your team (understandably) doesn't want to jump from discord into a ticket so there isn't a point to ahelping. It's basically the same as dead dropping voicemails from 12 monkeys.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691281

If there's no statute of limitations, that means players have to be able to defend every action from every single round they've played ever. That is sort of an unreasonable and insane requirement. I'm not sure how someone is supposed to remember the events of a round they played dozens of rounds or weeks in the past. What's the point of bwoinking if they shouldn't be expected to remember?

If someone ahelps an issue more than a day or two old, IMO the price of waiting that long is either A) the ticket doesn't get taken, or B) it's pretty serious. Metagaming is pretty serious, but I still think with issues that long in the past, admins really should come with some concrete evidence rather than subjecting a player to an investigation over an issue they 1) can't be expected to remember and 2) you have no reason to believe they are guilty of other than someone's ahelp.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691287

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:51 am You admins are all literally offline during lowpop and your team (understandably) doesn't want to jump from discord into a ticket so there isn't a point to ahelping. It's basically the same as dead dropping voicemails from 12 monkeys.
I am online most days from around 9 AM to 5 PM unless I'm busy with work. I can't sit on the server all day, but I will respond to what urgents I can. We very rarely get any, so this sounds like an assumption.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:18 am If there's no statute of limitations, that means players have to be able to defend every action from every single round they've played ever. That is sort of an unreasonable and insane requirement. I'm not sure how someone is supposed to remember the events of a round they played dozens of rounds or weeks in the past. What's the point of bwoinking if they shouldn't be expected to remember?

If someone ahelps an issue more than a day or two old, IMO the price of waiting that long is either A) the ticket doesn't get taken, or B) it's pretty serious. Metagaming is pretty serious, but I still think with issues that long in the past, admins really should come with some concrete evidence rather than subjecting a player to an investigation over an issue they 1) can't be expected to remember and 2) you have no reason to believe they are guilty of other than someone's ahelp.
This is a fair point, I more meant that there wasn't one baked into the rules.
Spoiler:

MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #691291

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:35 am
If there's no statute of limitations, that means players have to be able to defend every action from every single round they've played ever. That is sort of an unreasonable and insane requirement. I'm not sure how someone is supposed to remember the events of a round they played dozens of rounds or weeks in the past. What's the point of bwoinking if they shouldn't be expected to remember?
If an admin goes that far back they either have a really good reason to make it worth the effort (there will be effort) or the admin is hyper focused on a specific player.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #691294

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:42 pm
If an admin goes that far back they either have a really good reason to make it worth the effort (there will be effort) or the admin is hyper focused on a specific player.
In my defense, "using information you had when you were dead to come back and kill someone" is pretty high up there on the totem pole of shit you don't do.

I was also not aware that this had happened ten days ago because Serxule left that bit of information out.
Spoiler:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691298

Vekter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:27 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:42 pm
In my defense, "using information you had when you were dead to come back and kill someone" is pretty high up there on the totem pole of shit you don't do.

I was also not aware that this had happened ten days ago because Serxule left that bit of information out.
I thought you would’ve at least had the round logs open! Like… with no evidence I did anything wrong, going purely off of Serxule’s word (of all people): “I don’t buy it (you metagamed that).” “I expect you to follow the rules.” “I’ve asked people explicitly to report you in the future.”

The fact you approached it this way was just very bizarre. Is it custom to assume the ahelper is always right and just believe them, without checking any logs at all, and then grill the dude they accused? Then even going beyond that to ask several unrelated people to “report me when they see issues”? This just encourages people to weaponize admins out of spite, even if your motive is a good-faith one of wanting more people to ahelp on lowpop. I still don’t think you’re biased against me, but I hope you can see how fucky this approach is.
Spoiler:
To put both of our minds at ease, I managed to find the video of the round. I was a traitor in a conflict with mechs and robos. Serxule was an android who I encountered around robo maint that started attacking me for fucking with the robos and mechs. I died, was brought to med, romerol’d by a tot, then of course the first place I went was robo to look for him since 1) he came from robo to begin with, 2) he was working with the mechs and robos who I also wanted to kill, and 3) he was an android. Any one of these things would’ve been enough for that deduction, let alone all three.
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #691305

Vekter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:27 pm
"using information you had when you were dead to come back and kill someone"
lol do i even wanna know that story
Spoiler:
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #691311

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:19 pm A thing
Which is why after Armodias destroyed me with logic, I decided they must just be gullible instead of assholes. See, I can change!
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691319

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:51 am

You admins are all literally offline during lowpop and your team (understandably) doesn't want to jump from discord into a ticket so there isn't a point to ahelping. It's basically the same as dead dropping voicemails from 12 monkeys.
bro i can't tell you the number of times vekter has shown up to deal with some shitter at 1 pm on sybil when like 15 people are playing
there is absolutely a point to ahelping and people whining "ADMINS NEVER DO ANYTHING" are part of the problem
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691320

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:46 am Serxule threatening to metagrudge x sec player griefing them kind of reminds me of reider meiza though.

People stopped treating reider as if he had super meta protection as sec and were quick to lynch him as soon as he looked like he was going to do something wrong it was a textbook definition of metagrudge in mass.

I assume thats what Serxule meant, especially when they said "I should have killed him instantly" combat in this game isnt like someone attacks me so i attack them back its someone walked up next to me and stunlocked me long enough to kill me or cuff me so I have no way to do anything.

This is one of the main issues with stuncombat it doesnt really make RP unless you consider call of duty gamer rage / shit talk RP.

Should they go to an admin each and every time? Yes definitely because now you`ve made your negative interaction with that player official, even if admins dont do anything in the future itl be much easier to show that you had issues with x.

Should they bitch in dead chat? Yes definitely everyone does it, we had crowds of people bitching over Reider in dead chat and alive over radio.

Should they tell people to kill themselves? Only on April Fool`s week because holy fuck is the game not worth playing during that time, everyone should do that and dnr and just not play the game until its over.
a massive amount of players should have been banned for metagrudging reider