Player Status Check

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Player Status Check

Post by sinfulbliss » #691179

Hello fellow players.

PLAYER STATUS CHECK: PEER REVIEW STYLE. I think this could be cool.

What would you like to see more of your fellow players doing? What would you like to see less of? Have you been enjoying spaceman recently in the current era? If so, what are you liking about it? If not, what would you like to see change? Please also state your main server.

No coping about the codebase or admins, we get plenty of that elsewhere.
Spoiler:
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: Player Status Check

Post by The Wrench » #691217

Honestly. I don’t really care for modern spaceman as much as I used to, i guess this is what burnout feels like. I play one or two shifts every month or so to keep my players club status, and then I observe the rest of the time.

Uh, I wish nonantagonists would give the antags more time to actually make the shift interesting instead of RRing them for doing fetch quests.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #691226

Same as above, dont play much anymore because the rounds I do play tend to be uneventful and job simulator-esque.

There is too many people keeping to themselves and spending the whole round jobbing or only interacting with the buddy they drag around 24/7. Hard to find good stories, and even harder to create one when everybody is locked away doing things on their own.

I recall a captain trying to host a dodgeball game or something similar and it ended up just me and him in the holodeck begging for people to show up over comms.

I've been playing TGMC because it scratches the same itch as TG while still having eventful rounds 99% of the time
Weston Echard on Sybil
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #691230

people must rp more

and TDM less
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691231

Adam Klein wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:56 pm Honestly. I don’t really care for modern spaceman as much as I used to, i guess this is what burnout feels like. I play one or two shifts every month or so to keep my players club status, and then I observe the rest of the time.

Uh, I wish nonantagonists would give the antags more time to actually make the shift interesting instead of RRing them for doing fetch quests.
i remember sinful yelling at me to become an admin because i became an observemain for a good couple of months
kick your feet up and relax in ghostchat, its a great way to dial down from playing while still enjoying good company

I also wish more heads and players in general would realize its great to let antags antag, don't start destroying some death machine you see someone building in the bar
the only thing youre killing is your own entertainment
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #691236

i have had similar complaints as the first two replies, boredom from lots of jobbies, but i think it's gotten much better as of late, so i've been playing more often again (could just be me though)
i think it would be nice if the players could be proactive in making events, in-game events, competitions, that kind of thing. talent shows, building competitions, intern classes, etc. i always notice new players eat it up, and find it's really interesting, and i see they keep playing for a bit.
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:08 pm i remember sinful yelling at me to become an admin because i became an observemain for a good couple of months
i agree, i think it's really nice because SS13 isn't intensive so you can just minimize it and keep tabs on the round. sometimes when i'm bored i like to just leave sybil observe on and watch it while i eat or do something. it's kinda like tv...
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691237

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:46 pm i have had similar complaints as the first two replies, boredom from lots of jobbies, but i think it's gotten much better as of late, so i've been playing more often again (could just be me though)
i think it would be nice if the players could be proactive in making events, in-game events, competitions, that kind of thing. talent shows, building competitions, intern classes, etc. i always notice new players eat it up, and find it's really interesting, and i see they keep playing for a bit.
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:08 pm i remember sinful yelling at me to become an admin because i became an observemain for a good couple of months
i agree, i think it's really nice because SS13 isn't intensive so you can just minimize it and keep tabs on the round. sometimes when i'm bored i like to just leave sybil observe on and watch it while i eat or do something. it's kinda like tv...
ITS LITERALLY MULTIPLE TV SHOWS AT ONCE

WHATS THAT ANGRY CMO UP TO TODAY??
THE CE IS BUILDING.. WHAT??
THE GREYS ARE TIDING THE ARMORY, WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT??
HAHA THERES THAT WACKY DORNAN CHUCKING SPEARS NAKED AGAIN! WHAT A COOKY GUY!
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #691240

As an admin I believ-BANG

thud
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691245

blackdav123 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:31 pm Same as above, dont play much anymore because the rounds I do play tend to be uneventful and job simulator-esque.

There is too many people keeping to themselves and spending the whole round jobbing or only interacting with the buddy they drag around 24/7. Hard to find good stories, and even harder to create one when everybody is locked away doing things on their own.

I recall a captain trying to host a dodgeball game or something similar and it ended up just me and him in the holodeck begging for people to show up over comms.
I agree, this can be rough. I think the issue is that it takes effort to interact in a meaningful way, and RP’ing is higher effort than mechanical play for lots of people. Gimmicks and stories have to be different every time, so after you do one you need to think of a new one, whereas mechanical play can be reused over and over.

There are some unique players that simply ooze RP and stories though so empowering this playstyle is important.
conrad wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:36 pm As an admin I believ-BANG

thud
Nonono, admins are free to answer! But only if they’ve played at least semi actively and not just adminned cause the point is community PEER review.
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #691249

I still have fun playing a bit, but I have always enjoyed observing. My favorite roll is the Ai just cause its observer but interactive and its all and all pretty fun. If I had to wish something I wish people would interact more with just the general story threads and not just try to win, I remember observing a round were the captain hosted a fashion show with a ling showing up and using their powers for a kinda cool show but then some random geneticist outside the competition saw that and the neuron sparked ending that interesting plot hook.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #691253

What would you like to see more of your fellow players doing? What would you like to see less of? Have you been enjoying spaceman recently in the current era? If so, what are you liking about it? If not, what would you like to see change?: More or less, no, not really. Every time I play botanist it's like a coin flip on if I'm going to have some random assistant demand entrance and force their way in with lethals because I offered them seeds for free and told them to use public garden instead. Then I have the chef getting mad at me for not wanting to do their requests because I've been too busy fighting tiders all shift to actually do anything for myself. Killing the tiders isn't even satisfying because I'll have to deal with them again the next round regardless of if the admins "punish them". This is more of an issue on Terry.

also christ the security team mains are all play to winners that focus more on immediately round removing low threats at any given chance than letting things slide to promote a longer and more dramatic round. Recently this includes headmin Lukas obsessively random searching heretics spotted near drained essences pre-anyone being killed, Nowell Petrov killing and holding a mock funeral for a wizard that he knew was a new player, and a certain Sybil detective main rushing the shotgun every shift so he can do laps around maint for antags. These people are so foaming at the mouth for antag drama that they ironically remove any of it from the round and then wonder why they are bored.

all my complaints boil down to players lacking empathy and not taking a moment to think "how would others feel.."
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #691258

If everyone just got good we could all have more fun because people that are bad at the game just die instead of prevailing and conflict is so much more interesting when you don't have to restrain yourself :( talk when it's a good idea and don't mald because you got stunned because you were talking instead of dodging
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #691263

I personally have been liking the state of the game! Recently we have had some trialmins in Manuel and that is always great because you get admin events. Had a really good one recently. Not sure who ran that one or if it was a team effort but well done!
(One of my favourite characters to play with is now stuck in a hell dimension oh god what do I do)

I also like how there have been new toys in engineering recently such as the modular shield generators and the rapid tiling device.

I don't have many complaints that I can think of. I should probably run more ic events such like you guys are talking about. But that's for a self improvement not a game improvement. I just need ideas...

There are times where a player e.g the chaplain has a cool event such as a rage cage event, I announce it and barely anybody arrives till much later. My reasoning is that people are still trying to finish up what they are doing before seeing what's going on. I know court cases always get filled up! I also somehow always miss them.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #691264

I die a little inside every time someone researches industrial technology when the experiment for it isn't done. Other than that not much.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #691286

Wish people would be willing to step in to do their jobs more often. I don't mean that they have to job simulator every round, but, like, you notice your coworker is drowning under work, perhaps you can pitch in and help once in a while. As a Cargo Tech, there are some shifts where we have a QM and five techies, and I'm the only one actually doing cargo stuff. It leaves you stuck in cargo the whole shift, and it can be really irritating when there are 70 people on since you have orders constantly. Heaven forbid that someone is grinding bounty cubes.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #691297

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:08 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:56 pm Honestly. I don’t really care for modern spaceman as much as I used to, i guess this is what burnout feels like. I play one or two shifts every month or so to keep my players club status, and then I observe the rest of the time.

i remember sinful yelling at me to become an admin because i became an observemain for a good couple of months
kick your feet up and relax in ghostchat, its a great way to dial down from playing while still enjoying good company

I also wish more heads and players in general would realize its great to let antags antag, don't start destroying some death machine you see someone building in the bar
antags need atleast SOME finesse with their plan im not gonna just let them build a super death machine 9000 in bar unless they get proper permits and make up a fake story about how it shoots kittens
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691300

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:45 pm

antags need atleast SOME finesse with their plan im not gonna just let them build a super death machine 9000 in bar unless they get proper permits and make up a fake story about how it shoots kittens
yeah this is a pretty fine line to tread. like, the better you get at sec the faster you will snuff out the antags before they can do anything. but the other option is knowingly letting antags crime around which makes you feel like you’re not doing your job

one solution is (don’t play sec) but I think the best approach is a vibe check. if someone’s criming right in front of you, a sec officer, pretending you don’t exist or worse asking you for permission to do an objective, then they have failed the vibe check and should get whacked. but if they’re genuinely making a wholesome chungoid little effort to stay stealthy you shouldn’t batong pew pew gamer RR uplink theft them because you’re a cracked out detective high on ADHD meds and found their prints on a poster
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691318

it depends, are you roleplaying some big brained captain that's so adept at engineering you KNOW its going to incinerate people and not shoot kittens?
or are you a busy captain that says GOOD I HATE KITTENS and moves on to make sure cargo isnt wasting all of centcoms money on russian uniforms
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #691322

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:16 am

it depends, are you roleplaying some big brained captain that's so adept at engineering you KNOW its going to incinerate people and not shoot kittens?
or are you a busy captain that says GOOD I HATE KITTENS and moves on to make sure cargo isnt wasting all of centcoms money on russian uniforms
the beauty of rp, friend. Both captains can create interesting stories. As long as you have an actual ic reason for your actions and dont just go "cuz funni" youre alright in my book
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #691324

Over the past year-and-a-bit I've shifted from playing like 6 rounds a day to aiming for at least 3 rounds a week and it's really changed my view on the game, in a way I can't really articulate.
I still enjoy the game, but I feel like it's in an entirely different way than how I used to enjoy it.

I just hop in as a random job that I feel like playing, no gimmicks planned, no big ideas, just... seeing what will unfold.
More often than not I end up in a fun situation, either sparked by myself or another crewmember.

Though I never get antag anymore, that sucks.

I'm a little disappointed at just how often I see security completely shut out antags, and visa versa. Prisoner's Dilemma has only ever gotten worse.
I'm not asking that security stop hunting antags, just maybe to wait until a deswording traitor starts to tear down the halls before grabbing the shotgun and DRAGnet. (I used to be guilty of this myself, I admit.)
Likewise I'm not asking antags give me a full monologue before stabbing me. In fact I'm more than happy to take a stabbing and spacing if it means making an interesting story for the crew / security / my department / my friends that shift.
I just can't help but feel there might be a middle ground for both sides that'd make everyone happier.

I'm also a little disappointed seeing how people deal with a wrench in their plans for the round.
Space explorers are especially bad at this from experience - Make them sign a form for EVA access, they'll just tide in a minute later. Dare to strike up a conversation with them while they're grabbing their suit, they will dono-wall you. All they care is how fast they can get into space for funny loot.
There'll always be another round for you to do the same thing you've done 1000 times. Live a little!

Overall, still having fun for the most part. New players are cool. Old players are cool.
Maybe I should try another server sometimes.

Oh, and I wish silicon players ACTUALLY ACTED LIKE SILICONS
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #691331

Dying, mostly.
mrmelbert wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:31 am Maybe I should try another server sometimes.

I can facilitate both of these things.
Hugs
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #691336

mrmelbert wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:31 am Over the past year-and-a-bit I've shifted from playing like 6 rounds a day to aiming for at least 3 rounds a week and it's really changed my view on the game, in a way I can't really articulate.
I still enjoy the game, but I feel like it's in an entirely different way than how I used to enjoy it.

I just hop in as a random job that I feel like playing, no gimmicks planned, no big ideas, just... seeing what will unfold.
More often than not I end up in a fun situation, either sparked by myself or another crewmember.

I'm a little disappointed at just how often I see security completely shut out antags, and visa versa. Prisoner's Dilemma has only ever gotten worse.
I'm not asking that security stop hunting antags, just maybe to wait until a deswording traitor starts to tear down the halls before grabbing the shotgun and DRAGnet. (I used to be guilty of this myself, I admit.)
Likewise I'm not asking antags give me a full monologue before stabbing me. In fact I'm more than happy to take a stabbing and spacing if it means making an interesting story for the crew / security / my department / my friends that shift.
I just can't help but feel there might be a middle ground for both sides that'd make everyone happier.

I'm also a little disappointed seeing how people deal with a wrench in their plans for the round.
Space explorers are especially bad at this from experience - Make them sign a form for EVA access, they'll just tide in a minute later. Dare to strike up a conversation with them while they're grabbing their suit, they will dono-wall you. All they care is how fast they can get into space for funny loot.
There'll always be another round for you to do the same thing you've done 1000 times. Live a little!

Overall, still having fun for the most part. New players are cool. Old players are cool.

ive been playing sec recently and attempting to shape up sec players. no armoury gear before we really need it, treat antags in proportion to crimes, and i shut down any seccies that use OCK IC
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #691355

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:57 pm
mrmelbert wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:31 am Over the past year-and-a-bit I've shifted from playing like 6 rounds a day to aiming for at least 3 rounds a week and it's really changed my view on the game, in a way I can't really articulate.

ive been playing sec recently and attempting to shape up sec players. no armoury gear before we really need it, treat antags in proportion to crimes, and i shut down any seccies that use OCK IC

ok i get the last one but no armory gear??? not abusing antags??? wtf fun police
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #691356

wtf do people even mean when they say they wish silicons acted like silicons
MF have u read sci-fi every text depicts silicons differently there is no consensus on how robots should/shouldn't act
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #691358

Jackraxxus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:55 pm wtf do people even mean when they say they wish silicons acted like silicons
MF have u read sci-fi every text depicts silicons differently there is no consensus on how robots should/shouldn't act
Larp as a robot slave and follow orders
Spoiler:
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #691374

If we don't like the way silicons act like humans maybe we should stop using human brains as their primary source of intellect
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #691383

Yobi, I don’t think you should post here, as you are no longer a player
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #691392

Think what you want dude
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #691440

Jackraxxus wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:55 pm wtf do people even mean when they say they wish silicons acted like silicons
Stop reporting crimes committed by humans.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #691445

Yeah there is no consensus on how a silicon should act, it makes it very open to interpretation which is pretty cool
...But most don't "act"

(Also he totally fell for the bait)
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes