Funny joke about proxies peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Funny joke about proxies peanut

Post by Wolfmoy » #691709

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34327
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Funny joke about proxies peanut

Post by Vekter » #692097

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:38 pm The issue wasn't not banning absolutely everyone involved man. The issue was intervening in this to begin with. If you think getting fucking obliterated by a BSA after just stepping off the arrivals shuttle isn't an absolutely hilarious occurrence that that player will remember for the rest of their time playing TG and laugh at, you have a completely distorted view of what's important in this game.
I think it sucks and is a failure of everything for it to happen. We actually have rules against targeting players who come right off the shuttle for a reason.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #692098

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:38 pm The issue wasn't not banning absolutely everyone involved man. The issue was intervening in this to begin with. If you think getting fucking obliterated by a BSA after just stepping off the arrivals shuttle isn't an absolutely hilarious occurrence that that player will remember for the rest of their time playing TG and laugh at, you have a completely distorted view of what's important in this game.
I think it sucks and is a failure of everything for it to happen. We actually have rules against targeting players who come right off the shuttle for a reason.
Resign
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692099

Yeah because it's lame to spawncamp. But getting indirectly vaporized into dust after arriving to work? Because a random assistant built the BSA in the bar and an antagonist captain shot? That's fuckin funny man, I don't care who you are, if you don't find this funny maybe you should play MRP or HRP. Or like Minecraft or something.
One time while gearing in the arrivals sec checkpoint as HoS, like 10 seconds after arriving, a meteor blasted through the windows gibbed me. INSIDE the checkpoint. How could you imagine anything but laughing at something like that?
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #692100

toemas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm
Resign
I'm not in the wrong because a player explicitly told me they weren't happy about being obliterated as soon as they walked off the shuttle, regardless of sinful's idiotic take of "Actually, he should think it was funny because I think it's funny and that's all that matters".

Funny shit can happen in the round, but if a player's round is ending within seconds of them joining of no fault of their own because someone did something exceptionally stupid, I'm not going to celebrate that fact.
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm One time while gearing in the arrivals sec checkpoint as HoS, like 10 seconds after arriving, a meteor blasted through the windows gibbed me. INSIDE the checkpoint. How could you imagine anything but laughing at something like that?
That's funny because it's literally nobody's fault. No one fired the meteor at you to get you killed. This just sucks.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #692104

Still not the builder's fault.
"uuuuuh you should've built it facing starboard"
PLAYER BANNED FOR SUBOPTIMAL GAMING, GIT GUD NUB
How about teaching the player instead?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #692106

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:51 pm Still not the builder's fault.
"uuuuuh you should've built it facing starboard"
PLAYER BANNED FOR SUBOPTIMAL GAMING, GIT GUD NUB
How about teaching the player instead?
The player knew about what it did and that's why they put it there, they explicitly told me they did it because they thought it would be funny.

The ban has nothing to do with skill or being bad at the game, it has to do with doing something catastrophically stupid that got a bunch of people killed because you think it's funny.
Spoiler:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692107

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm I'm not in the wrong because a player explicitly told me they weren't happy about being obliterated as soon as they walked off the shuttle, regardless of sinful's idiotic take of "Actually, no he should think it was funny because I think it's funny and that's all that matters".
This sort of player is bad for the servers. Imagine being so humorless and boring that you don't laugh when this happens. SS13 is not for them.
Players like this should be killed repeatedly until they learn to stop considering their spaceman life sacred, and start learning to go with the flow and embrace the silly.
Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm One time while gearing in the arrivals sec checkpoint as HoS, like 10 seconds after arriving, a meteor blasted through the windows gibbed me. INSIDE the checkpoint. How could you imagine anything but laughing at something like that?
That's funny because it's literally nobody's fault. No one fired the meteor at you to get you killed. This just sucks.
No man it's funny because a meteor randomly gibbed me out of no where! It needs no further qualifications.
Spoiler:
toemas

Post by toemas » #692108

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm I'm not in the wrong because a player explicitly told me they weren't happy about being obliterated as soon as they walked off the shuttle, regardless of sinful's idiotic take of "Actually, he should think it was funny because I think it's funny and that's all that matters".
He's playing the wrong game. He should fuck off and go play fortnite or something and so should you
toemas

Post by toemas » #692110

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:53 pm something catastrophically stupid that got a bunch of people killed because you think it's funny.
why do you play this game? what about it is enjoyable to you? i dont understand
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #692114

toemas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm Resign
Can you not?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
toemas

Post by toemas » #692115

conrad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:22 pm Can you not?
Not what?
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692116

conrad doesnt want you to resign because he likes the cut of ur jib or gib or whut ev
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692118

wait the player that was zapped was straight off the arrivals shuttle??

holy fuck i didnt think this situation could get funnier
conrad

Post by conrad » #692119

I am not fond of telling an admin to resign. What are you trying to accomplish?

You're not gonna be the straw that breaks the camel's back. You're doing nothing except being a dick.

If you're so pissy, make an admin complaint.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692125

dear user conrad(crag for short) i believe user sin(bliss) was using the term resignation to signify in an efficient way that from his perspective, user of rank game admin Vekter's comprehension of the rules deviates enough from the commonly accepted contours of justice that it would be most beneficial to the /TG/station server(not to be confused with the /TG/ station project which is a wholly seperate entity) if user Vekter abdicated from their position of server administration. I hope this explanation gives you adequate insight into the goals and intentions of user yogscast Sins (bliss derivative)
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #692126

I do think that building a BSA in the bar pointed at the arrivals shuttle is extremely funny, especially when the heads then for some unknowable reason *unlock it to let the captain fire it*.

However its definitely edging back in on the perpetual argument over "Should you be banned if you do something that has the potential to become dangerous and then some different chucklefuck comes and makes it dangerous and people get killed".
A lot of these bans feel like "Well, someone should get punished don't you think?" bans because the admin can't pin it on the person who actually did the deadly thing (usually since they're an antag deliberately causing chaos), same as the departures burn chamber ban.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
conrad

Post by conrad » #692128

Capsandi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:40 pm dear user conrad(crag for short) i believe user sin(bliss) was using the term resignation to signify in an efficient way that from his perspective, user of rank game admin Vekter's comprehension of the rules deviates enough from the commonly accepted contours of justice that it would be most beneficial to the /TG/station server(not to be confused with the /TG/ station project which is a wholly seperate entity) if user Vekter abdicated from their position of server administration. I hope this explanation gives you adequate insight into the goals and intentions of user yogscast Sins (bliss derivative)
lmfao I love this guy
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #692129

this is an extremely hilarious situation & the fact this was even banned over is insane
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #692134

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:45 pm
toemas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:42 pm
Resign
I'm not in the wrong because a player explicitly told me they weren't happy about being obliterated as soon as they walked off the shuttle, regardless of sinful's idiotic take of "Actually, he should think it was funny because I think it's funny and that's all that matters".

Funny shit can happen in the round, but if a player's round is ending within seconds of them joining of no fault of their own because someone did something exceptionally stupid, I'm not going to celebrate that fact.
feel free to correct me if i'm wrong and i will gladly step down from the argument, but as far as I can see there is no clarification that they are saying "it's funny because it happened to hit arrivals" and is instead just a vague "it's funny" in general scenario. it would be different if they were intending to specifically target spawncamp and that would definitely make them a shitter. mind you I wouldn't complain if I happened to be vaporized by the BSA that is never built because rounds don't last enough for that nor do players generally care about that. but this very much seems like a situational happenstance where an unfortunate soul happened to suffer from arrivals grief, which unfortunately happens a lot.

I say this as someone that frequently ahelps any form of arrival spawn grief. (Bombs, dragons breaking windows to make a portal, syndis camping, and revs raiding new arrivals). There's a heavy distinction between "grief that happened to end up in arrivals" and "specifically targetting arrivals for a situational tactical advantage" and I think Vekter is intelligent enough to realize it's not the latter.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692135

how the fuck did the chuckle fuck that vaporized the guy not get banned?

antag or not you dont kill someone off the shuttle
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #692138

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:40 pm I do think that building a BSA in the bar pointed at the arrivals shuttle is extremely funny, especially when the heads then for some unknowable reason *unlock it to let the captain fire it*.

However its definitely edging back in on the perpetual argument over "Should you be banned if you do something that has the potential to become dangerous and then some different chucklefuck comes and makes it dangerous and people get killed".
A lot of these bans feel like "Well, someone should get punished don't you think?" bans because the admin can't pin it on the person who actually did the deadly thing (usually since they're an antag deliberately causing chaos), same as the departures burn chamber ban.
Yeah this really gives me the same vibes as the escape burn chamber execution note. Someone makes something potentially dangerous and an antagonist abuses it, then admins feel like they should ban the guy who made the potentially dangerous thing.

Also the BSA is a literal ban trap, I have never once seen it used for any legitimate purpose whatsoever. Generally people name GPS'es stupid shit and then nonantags target those GPS'es resulting in innocents and the station getting blown up. I am most certainly guilty of this on both sides (dumb GPS names and shooting random shit for fun).
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #692139

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:59 pm how the fuck did the chuckle fuck that vaporized the guy not get banned?

double post but the antag had no way of knowing someone was going to arrive right that second, he didn't do it with malicious intent. we dont punish antags for plasmafloods which could instakill people right off the arrivals shuttle too, i dont see that as much different.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692145

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:05 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:59 pm how the fuck did the chuckle fuck that vaporized the guy not get banned?

double post but the antag had no way of knowing someone was going to arrive right that second, he didn't do it with malicious intent. we dont punish antags for plasmafloods which could instakill people right off the arrivals shuttle too, i dont see that as much different.
i'm almost positive the last time i used the BSA, you had to manually choose the location to shoot at

which means the guy specifically chose arrivals
toemas

Post by toemas » #692152

conrad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:30 pm I am not fond of telling an admin to resign. What are you trying to accomplish?

You're not gonna be the straw that breaks the camel's back. You're doing nothing except being a dick.

Once, when i was younger and in school, a kid in my class had to make a powerpoint about "The God of War Kratos" because my English teacher thought the video-game character was real and he had no idea that Ares existed. I raised my hand to correct him but he told me i was wrong and that Kratos was real. I was extremely disoriented. He was like a 5,2 asian guy that liked to collect shoes. I always thought it was bizarre. He showed the whole class photos of this big room in his house filled with shoes because he used to be poor and homeless or something and he thought that shoes were really cool cause he was never able to wear them when he was homeless. I think it was supposed to be some encouraging success story but I always thought it was really sad and lame. You climbed out of poverty so that you could buy shoes and not know who Ares is? Why? I would have preferred to be homeless. I think life as a homeless man in hong kong or wherever he was from would be more interesting than life as an english teacher that doesnt know who Ares is and likes to collect shoes. It would be a life devoid of comfort, but i dont think it would be boring, and i think thats better... Homeless people often have very interesting stories to tell you, if you ask them, i think...
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #692198

toemas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:44 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:30 pm I am not fond of telling an admin to resign. What are you trying to accomplish?

Once, when i was younger and in school, a kid in my class had to make a powerpoint about "The God of War Kratos" because my English teacher thought the video-game character was real and he had no idea that Ares existed. I raised my hand to correct him but he told me i was wrong and that Kratos was real. I was extremely disoriented. He was like a 5,2 asian guy that liked to collect shoes. I always thought it was bizarre. He showed the whole class photos of this big room in his house filled with shoes because he used to be poor and homeless or something and he thought that shoes were really cool cause he was never able to wear them when he was homeless. I think it was supposed to be some encouraging success story but I always thought it was really sad and lame. You climbed out of poverty so that you could buy shoes and not know who Ares is? Why? I would have preferred to be homeless. I think life as a homeless man in hong kong or wherever he was from would be more interesting than life as an english teacher that doesnt know who Ares is and likes to collect shoes. It would be a life devoid of comfort, but i dont think it would be boring, and i think thats better... Homeless people often have very interesting stories to tell you, if you ask them, i think...
i was homeless for like 1+1/2 weeks and id take boring mundane over that any time, almost most homeless are interesting because theyre lying or drunk
respect (let him do his thing)
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #692252

Toemas this is really kinda deranged
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
conrad

Post by conrad » #692253

This is so out of left field, elaborate and unrelated to my quote that I thought it was pasta. Had to ask around. It was corroding my brain to now know.

Congratulations on your literary proficiency. You get one Conrad Token of Literary Excellence to cash in at your convenience.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #692265

Vekter its funny to get killed by just getting unlucky, I had a similar experience where I was giving chadly a shitter to do some fucked up shit on because they kept attacking sec for 0 reason and was already brigged 3 times. Before I could finish talking to them I was hit by a rod.

Also Rule 10
"Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose."

Instead of seeking out justice for the victim of just getting unlucky why not give them another chance at life. If they just got off the shuttle there is real round impact by allowing them to respawn and with this result a player is happy and the other person can still play the game.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #692266

toemas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:44 pm Once, when i was younger and in school, a kid in my class had to make a powerpoint about "The God of War Kratos" because my English teacher thought the video-game character was real and he had no idea that Ares existed. I raised my hand to correct him but he told me i was wrong and that Kratos was real. I was extremely disoriented. He was like a 5,2 asian guy that liked to collect shoes. I always thought it was bizarre. He showed the whole class photos of this big room in his house filled with shoes because he used to be poor and homeless or something and he thought that shoes were really cool cause he was never able to wear them when he was homeless. I think it was supposed to be some encouraging success story but I always thought it was really sad and lame. You climbed out of poverty so that you could buy shoes and not know who Ares is? Why? I would have preferred to be homeless. I think life as a homeless man in hong kong or wherever he was from would be more interesting than life as an english teacher that doesnt know who Ares is and likes to collect shoes. It would be a life devoid of comfort, but i dont think it would be boring, and i think thats better... Homeless people often have very interesting stories to tell you, if you ask them, i think...
getting to write a presentation on a video game character for an english grade sounds like heaven to me.

the one thing burning my mind with white hot curiosity is: what type of shoes were they? are we talking just pure volume of shoes? designer sneakers? fancy wingtips and dress shoes? it's everything to me. i need to know.

when i was around 7 or 8 in school i would regularly get in trouble with my teacher because i wouldn't stop drawing link from ocarina of time in the margins of every piece of work. sometimes he would be deflecting a shot from a tank from command & conquer with his shield.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692274

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:13 pm

i'm almost positive the last time i used the BSA, you had to manually choose the location to shoot at

no ones gonna respond to this huh
conrad

Post by conrad » #692276

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:41 am

Only because you asked nicely.

The BSA targets a beacon. There's a beacon in arrivals.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #692278

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:41 am

Doesn't shooting the artillery also fire a beam from the barrel to the end of the map, regardless of the chosen target?
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
conrad

Post by conrad » #692279

Oh yeah that's also a thing. If the BSA points to arrivals, it doesn't matter where it shoots. Arrivals is gonna get deleted.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #692281

lame ban
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #692300

Fikou wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:41 amlame ban
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #692313

What (no real) power does to a man.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #692314

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:06 pm
Fikou wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:41 amlame ban
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #692354

Real question is whether there was any sort of ruling on bad BSA placements or it only because the thing was fired.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692356

What a tilting way for an admin to handle a ban appeal.

Start out stubborn as hell in the ticket, FORCING a long drawn out appeal. After several long effort posts from the player, keep the same stubborn view about it and insist they were in the wrong.

Then randomly say “hey i’ll remove the note just promise you won’t do it again” after it’s clear every single admin disagrees with you to escape being held accountable by headmins and being told explicitly “hey, your ruling was wrong, don’t make similar ones like this.”
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #692359

Maybe I should just make a policy discussion thread about it
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692360

Archie700 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:22 pm Maybe I should just make a policy discussion thread about it
if you do it would be wise to make it about dangerous constructions in general as opposed to just the BSA since this exact thing already happened once before with the plasma containment in departures
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #692363

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:27 pm
Archie700 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:22 pm Maybe I should just make a policy discussion thread about it
if you do it would be wise to make it about dangerous constructions in general as opposed to just the BSA since this exact thing already happened once before with the plasma containment in departures
Faair enough
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692369

Rare L from Timber. Likening a BSA to a maxcap with the signaler left out is way off. One is the station objective (technically the REASON the station is there to begin with), the other is very clearly just griefing.

One adds to the round in a silly way, one is a maxcap on the floor.

One takes a single person to click the “send signal” button, the other requires two heads of staff to activate and someone to fire after.
Spoiler:
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #692371

Man ever stop and think "Why did we all just spend so much effort read/writing This?" Maybe I'm just burning out hard but its crazy to think something this minor has a half dozen people including the player/admin so invested in it.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692372

HeyHey wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:31 pm Man ever stop and think "Why did we all just spend so much effort read/writing This?" Maybe I'm just burning out hard but its crazy to think something this minor has a half dozen people including the player/admin so invested in it.
Banning a player for doing something funny isn’t minor. It’s the type of thing that, after long enough, if done unopposed enough, can transform the fabric of a server.

Look at Fulp or Bee or pretty much anywhere. It’s the appeals like this that resynchronize the adminteam with the playerbase and makes sure everyone’s on the same page.
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #692375

Why are we still having this intensely boring conversation?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692377

WineAllWine wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm Why are we still having this intensely boring conversation?
someone does something funny
3 minutes pass...
WAHHHH MOMMY I'M BOOOREEEDDDDD!!

Capricious little thing. You get what you get and you don't make a fit.
Spoiler:
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Post by Wolfmoy » #692378

Time to give my part, why should have thonk even been noted in the first place for this? Unlike something like a maxcap where creation and distribution is entirely optional and extremely unsafe, the Station is "technically" supposed to create and test the BSA which is a limitless source of mass grief. Overall I dont like the precedent that people can get in trouble for manners specifically out of their control (such as incompetent heads and self-antaging captains).
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #692389

"The heads don't have any obligation to check where the super deadly weapon that can destroy people and the ship in bulk is before unlocking it" has to be one of Vekter's most braindead takes yet, and that bar was already difficult to pass.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #692391

TypicalRig wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:54 pm "The heads don't have any obligation to check where the super deadly weapon that can destroy people and the ship in bulk is before unlocking it" has to be one of Vekter's most braindead takes yet, and that bar was already difficult to pass.
They do though, and vekter said as much. The heads involved got banned/noted
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #692393

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:45 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm Why are we still having this intensely boring conversation?
someone does something funny
3 minutes pass...
WAHHHH MOMMY I'M BOOOREEEDDDDD!!

Capricious little thing. You get what you get and you don't make a fit.

How DARE you precisely summarise how I act