Fuck off racist

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Fuck off racist

Post by EmpressMaia » #691844

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34333
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: Fuck off racist

Post by ekaterina » #692057

Fren256 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:54 pm For fucks sake not this again:
You really expect me to believe that "ligger", a word that literally shares the same 5 letters as "nigger", is just a slur for lizards? No, I'll tell you what it's for, it was made up by edgelords of the 2010s after they felt oppressed by le society because they were told saying that word is bad. That's it.
... again indeed... that is YOUR definition, not MSO's.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #692058

Holy fucking shit did this thread go off the walls quickly. I'm glad we are airing some things.

As for the round. I don't see what the fuss is about. Everybody should be happy.

The free speech people should be happy. I kept lame arguments about "effort" and "one letter away" from being used to curtail speech.
and
The Limit speech people should be happy. Somebody who said a nono word and alienated themselves from the people who could save them died because of their hate when one of those people figuratively said they couldn't feel a pulse and declared them doa. Like this is the perfect allegory for racism, how can you be mad?

What's the problem?

Oh, i see it. Personal accusations of racism being tossed towards players on flimsy evidence of projection and what somebody did while RPing.

Take that away and this thread is 1 page long and a lot less hostile.

Should I ban those? That sound like shit getting too personal and hitting the forum rules against dickary or hostile douchebaggery.

I think I should ban those.

I'll unlock this thread in a few hours.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692102

so, anyone try out any neat new starsector mods? i've been playing a lot of oxygen not included, but after a good half hour starsector discussion in pol off topic the itch is definitely there again
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692103

also free paris
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #692105

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:51 pm so, anyone try out any neat new starsector mods? i've been playing a lot of oxygen not included, but after a good half hour starsector discussion in pol off topic the itch is definitely there again
I just got back into it tbh, I really enjoy the new Andrada questline. The fuel company mod is pretty based, though I don't really get the aurora mod everyone loves.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #692122

This fine individual continues to be unable to fathom that his actions have consequences and seems overly eager to start shit at all instances.

Don't weep for this person. They only bring it upon themselves.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #692123

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:51 pm so, anyone try out any neat new starsector mods? i've been playing a lot of oxygen not included, but after a good half hour starsector discussion in pol off topic the itch is definitely there again
Starsector is cool but has anyone tried CDDA's new Gaiman update? You can passively heat up water, and go from innawoods stone age to iron age and beyond just with swamps and rivers! I'm currently on my first summer trying to get steel crafting going, doing the second batch of steel ingots for some serious toolcrafting. First batch went entirely to build the anvil, and some initial tools (hammer, metalworking tongs and chisel, and a kickass felling axe.)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #692124

Oh yeah and I found a samoyed that helps carry my lunch and fight off evil geese.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692130

Just uninstalled starsector after a week of trying to make it click for me. I thought it was a better version of endless sky but the battles causing you to leave the main map was too clunky and the story point things really kill the immersion. Also im going to call out whoever tastycasey is to stop lurking and post in this terrible thread.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #692132

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:11 pm Holy fucking shit did this thread go off the walls quickly. I'm glad we are airing some things.

As for the round. I don't see what the fuss is about. Everybody should be happy.

The free speech people should be happy. I kept lame arguments about "effort" and "one letter away" from being used to curtail speech.
and
The Limit speech people should be happy. Somebody who said a nono word and alienated themselves from the people who could save them died because of their hate when one of those people figuratively said they couldn't feel a pulse and declared them doa. Like this is the perfect allegory for racism, how can you be mad?

What's the problem?

Oh, i see it. Personal accusations of racism being tossed towards players on flimsy evidence of projection and what somebody did while RPing.

Take that away and this thread is 1 page long and a lot less hostile.

Should I ban those? That sound like shit getting too personal and hitting the forum rules against dickary or hostile douchebaggery.

I think I should ban those.

I'll unlock this thread in a few hours.
SUCCESSFUL PEANUT THREAD FOLKS... WE HAVE REACHED OUR DRAMA CAPACITY... HOST INTERFERED!!! WE'VE MADE IT!!!
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692133

conrad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:35 pm
Starsector is cool but has anyone tried CDDA's new Gaiman update? You can passively heat up water, and go from innawoods stone age to iron age and beyond just with swamps and rivers! I'm currently on my first summer trying to get steel crafting going, doing the second batch of steel ingots for some serious toolcrafting. First batch went entirely to build the anvil, and some initial tools (hammer, metalworking tongs and chisel, and a kickass felling axe.)
i have no idea what youre talking about fam
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #692140

Capsandi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:47 pm Just uninstalled starsector after a week of trying to make it click for me. I thought it was a better version of endless sky but the battles causing you to leave the main map was too clunky and the story point things really kill the immersion. Also im going to call out whoever tastycasey is to stop lurking and post in this terrible thread.
Holy shit someone else played Endless Sky? Did you also play Escape Velocity back in the old days?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #692144

for all the "keep politics out of my spaceman game" and "badmins stop intervening where it's not necessary in RP" talk it's honestly very impressive the speed that ekat can detect a situation in which someone faced IC consequences for inciting people with slurs and can turn it into a larp of crossing the delaware. this is all rooted in his trademarked concept of schrodinger's words where they have very specific and technical connotations and meaning which are totally allowed if you accept the twisted logic of their classic nonsense hypotheticals until they're asked to take personal responsibility for their words and actions at which point words no longer have meaning they're just noises we make with our mouths and if you don't like my mouth noises then you're a big crying crybaby who cries. refusing to engage with a rhetoric that deranged is more an exercise in harm reduction than anything else.

as usual they're able to simultaneously display the most unhinged and bad faith interpretation of other people's arguments by making a billion inferences and constructing a billion and 1 nonsensical metaphors and hypotheticals to position you in like an action figure but then can deflect all criticism by snuggling up in that weak little nonposition which i'm now coining the Ekat Defence™:
You don't see inside other people's heads (although others clearly live in yours, rent free). Your baseless speculation as to why they do things is exactly that: baseless speculation.
you're right, none of us actually have any idea as to why you do or say anything, because trying to apply sense and reason to a shapeshifting phantom that haunts these threads with the spirit of a 2008 /b/ thread makes us all stupider.

this is the same avaster who had to be summarily executed by Anne for misrepresenting facts and intent so laughably badly that they didn't even grace their appeal with a followup response. they have a history of trying to incite people into IC hostility and then ahelping it after the fact because they're mad about it. since he has a pattern of getting pissed off and leaving out any and all contextual information that could point to him having any responsibility in the matter (sounds familiar) i wouldn't take him at his word either. he manages to piss off the entire medbay (with an entirely IC conflict) then pisses off another lizard (who responds ICly and takes them to medbay after they get beat up) and another 2 lizards who find him on their operating table use strong IC reasoning to refuse to treat him, even going so far as to lie about it in an entirely IC way. that sounds like a pretty emergent narrative to me. everything happened with good IC reasoning. exactly the kind of thing certain players yell at badmins for intervening in.

who would you even punish here? checks-your-health for having an issue with being called a slur? the CMO for defending their department with actual RP? sails for having an IC reason to beat someone up? the entirety of medbay collectively deciding with strong IC reasoning to not treat someone who moments ago was shitting all over their department and then refused their fully RP'd offers to resolve the conflict peacefully? why step in and ruin a story like that? if you intervene administratively and force medbay into treating him then all you are left with is a story about a guy who pissed a bunch of people off, then cried until the hand of god came down and protected them from the IC consequences of their IC actions with OOC admin fiat.

IC issue. thanks for reading.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #692146

love you dendy :)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #692149

dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm for all the "keep politics out of my spaceman game" and "badmins stop intervening where it's not necessary in RP" talk it's honestly very impressive the speed that ekat can detect a situation in which someone faced IC consequences for inciting people with slurs and can turn it into a larp of crossing the delaware. this is all rooted in his trademarked concept of schrodinger's words where they have very specific and technical connotations and meaning which are totally allowed if you accept the twisted logic of their classic nonsense hypotheticals until they're asked to take personal responsibility for their words and actions at which point words no longer have meaning they're just noises we make with our mouths and if you don't like my mouth noises then you're a big crying crybaby who cries. refusing to engage with a rhetoric that deranged is more an exercise in harm reduction than anything else.

as usual they're able to simultaneously display the most unhinged and bad faith interpretation of other people's arguments by making a billion inferences and constructing a billion and 1 nonsensical metaphors and hypotheticals to position you in like an action figure but then can deflect all criticism by snuggling up in that weak little nonposition which i'm now coining the Ekat Defence™:
You don't see inside other people's heads (although others clearly live in yours, rent free). Your baseless speculation as to why they do things is exactly that: baseless speculation.
you're right, none of us actually have any idea as to why you do or say anything, because trying to apply sense and reason to a shapeshifting phantom that haunts these threads with the spirit of a 2008 /b/ thread makes us all stupider.

this is the same avaster who had to be summarily executed by Anne for misrepresenting facts and intent so laughably badly that they didn't even grace their appeal with a followup response. they have a history of trying to incite people into IC hostility and then ahelping it after the fact because they're mad about it. since he has a pattern of getting pissed off and leaving out any and all contextual information that could point to him having any responsibility in the matter (sounds familiar) i wouldn't take him at his word either. he manages to piss off the entire medbay (with an entirely IC conflict) then pisses off another lizard (who responds ICly and takes them to medbay after they get beat up) and another 2 lizards who find him on their operating table use strong IC reasoning to refuse to treat him, even going so far as to lie about it in an entirely IC way. that sounds like a pretty emergent narrative to me. everything happened with good IC reasoning. exactly the kind of thing certain players yell at badmins for intervening in.

who would you even punish here? checks-your-health for having an issue with being called a slur? the CMO for defending their department with actual RP? sails for having an IC reason to beat someone up? the entirety of medbay collectively deciding with strong IC reasoning to not treat someone who moments ago was shitting all over their department and then refused their fully RP'd offers to resolve the conflict peacefully? why step in and ruin a story like that? if you intervene administratively and force medbay into treating him then all you are left with is a story about a guy who pissed a bunch of people off, then cried until the hand of god came down and protected them from the IC consequences of their IC actions with OOC admin fiat.

+1 crag doubloon has been deposited in your account
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692151

dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm for all the "keep politics out of my spaceman game" and "badmins stop intervening where it's not necessary in RP" talk it's honestly very impressive the speed that ekat can detect a situation in which someone faced IC consequences for inciting people with slurs and can turn it into a larp of crossing the delaware. this is all rooted in his trademarked concept of schrodinger's words where they have very specific and technical connotations and meaning which are totally allowed if you accept the twisted logic of their classic nonsense hypotheticals until they're asked to take personal responsibility for their words and actions at which point words no longer have meaning they're just noises we make with our mouths and if you don't like my mouth noises then you're a big crying crybaby who cries. refusing to engage with a rhetoric that deranged is more an exercise in harm reduction than anything else.

could you say all this with less words next time
timber is much better at this
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #692153

ligger ligger ligger ligger ligger ligger ligger
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #692154

could you say all that but with more and longer words next time
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #692162

dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm based
so fucking zased
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #692163

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:40 pm could you say all this with less words next time
timber is much better at this
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:48 pm could you say all that but with more and longer words next time
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:37 pm +1 crag doubloon has been deposited in your account
good pay for a hard day's work thank you crag!!
NSFW:
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692169

Well, that wraps up the players club. It was fun while it lasted but I think the imminent re-opening of the hut is for the best. I'm really looking forward to the great times we will have within.
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692176

just for the record, mr. admins, you dont get to have your cake and eat it too

if you decide this guy deserved what he got for saying ligger, you simultaneously allow us to round remove people for saying ligger

if that's a pill you're willing to swallow... i'm down
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #692179

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:43 am just for the record, mr. admins, you dont get to have your cake and eat it too

if you decide this guy deserved what he got for saying ligger, you simultaneously allow us to round remove people for saying ligger

if that's a pill you're willing to swallow... i'm down
Do it, it would be hilarious, I am unironically willing to die on the hill that it's based to RR people for it
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
toemas

Post by toemas » #692180

dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm I believe in being nice to people and understanding them unless they disagree with me tee hee!
Your self-righteous and smarmy attitude is completely insufferable. You may like to larp as a "considerate and nice person" online with sob-stories about your immigrant grandma or whatever, along with trite talk about "understanding people" but you clearly arent capable of holding yourself to your own standards; Most of this post is just you personally attacking Ekat. Wheres the "understanding" ? I thought you believed in making friends with people who disagree with you, so that you can understand them better and stuff? You arent trying to do that at all. Lets look at another post of yours.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm i'm a woman and when i was younger i spent a lot of time online and wanted to be liked by my peers and accepted into "the culture" of 2008 era 4chan shitposting. i would tell intolerant jokes, say bigoted things and mock "normies" because they were the outside and i needed social cred to elevate myself on the inside.

years later in my late teen years i started hanging out with other women who were politically active and they taught me about feminism and i had a phase where i was one of those "men are the problem" types and i was just as much of an insufferable jackass but now i hung out on the other side of the divide.
I have a revelation for you: You didnt grow as a person because you stopped saying the N word on 4chan. You're still an insufferable ingratiating jackass. Whats the common thread between all of the different views you've held in your life? They changed when the people around you changed; "i wanted to be liked by my peers" or "i needed social cred". You dont care about "seeing the same in them too, and both of you will grow from sharing your experiences" or "making friends with everyone, even those you might disagree with" Its all just talk. Get over yourself
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692193

alright toeman and doomer, thats great stuff, your just what we need in a quality peanut thread. Tragically this is a shit peanut thread, so if you two could rehash this in the paris or the proxy thread that would be fantastic. And doom, when responding to toe's initial outburst, make sure to lean on the "your exploding in rage 4 no reason" angle. Then make sure to really lay into him so that the argument is more granite grade and falls into the backdrop. Perchance.
Timonk wrote:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #692195

Capsandi wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:01 am alright toeman and doomer, thats great stuff, your just what we need in a quality peanut thread. Tragically this is a shit peanut thread, so if you two could rehash this in the paris or the proxy thread that would be fantastic. And doom, when responding to toe's initial outburst, make sure to lean on the "your exploding in rage 4 no reason" angle. Then make sure to really lay into him so that the argument is more granite grade and falls into the backdrop. Perchance.
youre*
respect (let him do his thing)
toemas

Post by toemas » #692196

Capsandi wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:01 am Then make sure to really lay into him so that the argument is more granite grade and falls into the backdrop.
That would only prove my point though
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #692200

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:47 am
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm I believe in being nice to people and understanding them unless they disagree with me tee hee!
Your self-righteous and smarmy attitude is completely insufferable. You may like to larp as a "considerate and nice person" online with sob-stories about your immigrant grandma or whatever, along with trite talk about "understanding people" but you clearly arent capable of holding yourself to your own standards; Most of this post is just you personally attacking Ekat. Wheres the "understanding" ? I thought you believed in making friends with people who disagree with you, so that you can understand them better and stuff? You arent trying to do that at all. Lets look at another post of yours.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:11 pm i'm a woman and when i was younger i spent a lot of time online and wanted to be liked by my peers and accepted into "the culture" of 2008 era 4chan shitposting. i would tell intolerant jokes, say bigoted things and mock "normies" because they were the outside and i needed social cred to elevate myself on the inside.

years later in my late teen years i started hanging out with other women who were politically active and they taught me about feminism and i had a phase where i was one of those "men are the problem" types and i was just as much of an insufferable jackass but now i hung out on the other side of the divide.
I have a revelation for you: You didnt grow as a person because you stopped saying the N word on 4chan. You're still an insufferable ingratiating jackass. Whats the common thread between all of the different views you've held in your life? They changed when the people around you changed; "i wanted to be liked by my peers" or "i needed social cred". You dont care about "seeing the same in them too, and both of you will grow from sharing your experiences" or "making friends with everyone, even those you might disagree with" Its all just talk. Get over yourself
nothing i said is a personal attack on ekat. i don't know them at all outside their forum posts. that's what i was attacking: their rhetoric, which is predisposed toward baiting people into a meticulously crated opposition and then claiming they inhabited no position in the first place. this is disingenuous and i am challengine that rhetoric with rhetoric of my own in the context of an open discussion about a specific matter. if ekat wants to drop that pretense and talk to me about tv shows they like or cool ways they've found to run sec then they are free to do that and i'd gladly accept it on its own terms and i'm sure it would be a nice time and we'd understand each other as people a little better.

thank you for the psych assessment though!
NSFW:
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #692202

kinnebian wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:03 am
Capsandi wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:01 am Ur...Perchance
youre*
did you not see the perchance? thats proper grammar when you factor in the perchance
toemas wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:04 am
Capsandi wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:01 am Then make sure to really lay into him so that the argument is more granite grade and falls into the backdrop.
That would only prove my point though
yea thats my point you just proved. Ain't that something fierce?
Timonk wrote:
toemas

Post by toemas » #692203

dendydoom wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:07 am "im not personally attacking them, im personally attacking their BELIEFS!"
Yes, and you're also not trying to understand or reason with them on any real level whatsoever. Its completely incoherent with your supposed values.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #692205

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:47 ami am very fat
damn sorry to hear that bro maybe you could try eating less
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #692207

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:47 am
I have a revelation for you: You didnt grow as a person because you stopped saying the N word on 4chan.
respect (let him do his thing)
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #692211

this is a great bookmark to season 2
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #692212

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:09 am
dendydoom wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:07 am "im not personally attacking them, im personally attacking their BELIEFS!"
Yes, and you're also not trying to understand or reason with them on any real level whatsoever. Its completely incoherent with your supposed values.
my supposed values? who is attacking whose beliefs?

i didn't intend any of what i said to be an attack on beliefs: it was intended to attack their rhetoric, the tools by which they construct their argument.

i may be smug though, i've been told that before and perhaps i should make more effort to keep that in check, but i've also been told that people enjoy the back and forth when i do it in a discussion like this, so i am not so sure.
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #692214

Could we all stop indoctrinating the Prague U youth and being mass shooters please? It's very important and part of my 12-month plan to fix tgstation. Thank you for your attention.

Aka play nice in the sandbox with eachother or people will be removed.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #692261

Now that this is locked I'm going to post my opinion on the actual issue itself as I didn't feel that there was a place to interject between the arguments.

With the ligger thing I think we've got clear rules in place about how to deal with that- it isn't round removal at least not at the first crit.

I know people are like ic issue and stuff but these are how the rules are written and how the previous headmins incorporate an mso ruling- if you don't like this yell at the previous headmins or MSO.

Ruling: viewtopic.php?p=628658#p628658

If people want ligger to lead to round removal they should make a policy thread to ammend the ruling but otherwise I think that rr is too far as by the rules. Agree or disagree they should be enforced as written imo.

EDIT: it seems that it wasn't actually round removal(?) The player logged out when he died and they moved him to the morgue when he was soulless with no real way to know if he was there or not.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #692315

kieth4 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:47 am EDIT: it seems that it wasn't actually round removal(?) The player logged out when he died and they moved him to the morgue when he was soulless with no real way to know if he was there or not.
not quite, they were still around, but a DIFFERENT lizard in medbay who knew what that character thought about lizards decided to claim they were soulless so they wouldn't be revived.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: