brief me

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

brief me

Post by ThanatosRa » #692531

now that i feel like playing again brief me on the bad and the based of modern tg

i want to add "bad faith arguments only" but i don't want to stir up that much shit at the moment

who are good actors bad actors
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: brief me

Post by dendydoom » #692533

lrp = bad, evil firelock murderers who survive by consuming toolbelts and yelling slurs as the main form of communication.

mrp = degenerate roleplayers who cry and balk at every conflict because it gets in the way of loredumping their twitter OC backstory in the bar.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #692535

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:38 pm lrp = bad, evil firelock murderers who survive by consuming toolbelts and yelling slurs as the main form of communication.

mrp = degenerate roleplayers who cry and balk at every conflict because it gets in the way of loredumping their twitter OC backstory in the bar.
tell me something new that was how it was 5+ years ago too

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #692537

the coders are all evil and fucked up. imagine your gaming pleasure, and your dopamine, locked into a chastity cage that only coders have the key to. and their goal is to tighten it as much as possible, and drip feed you your dopamine through a tiny straw. you will notice this in every new change you run into after coming back

in the spriting department there is rapid development. i begrudgingly say the game is overall prettier than it once was. however there are some pretty horrid, ugly sprites which get constantly redone every like week or so because the spritetainers are like “yeah sure man” to all the changes. but overall a thumbs up if we look at the multi-year progress

now in the mapping department… I’d say overall fairly neutral. the bad is that mappers sorta just redo massive areas of meta and delta for no discernible reason other than boredom, so the OG maps are kind of shat on. however there are two totally new maps which is i suppose an upside. birdshot and northstar. one of which was pooped out by one guy who initially started it as a meme, the other of which was pampered and loved, cared for by several manny players for their private ERP server

now in the player department, i would say it’s also probably neutral. there are good players and there are bad, with a hefty majority being neutral jobbies that fill the place up. i would say overall, significantly less gamers than in the olden days, and people seem a bit less invested in rounds, which can make stories a bit harder to generate, but i would say things are chugging along as they have been for the most part
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #692540

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:56 pm imagine your gaming pleasure, and your dopamine, locked into a chastity cage that only coders have the key to.
this is what i come to the forums for. pure poetry. beautiful.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #692541

yea I'd say the coders are the main antagonist of real life
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #692544

they said new things only guys come on get with the program
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #692547

yea oranges is right this is all old shit

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #692562

Birdshot and Northstar are the best maps, but no one wants to acknowledge it.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #692564

see that's more like it

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #692578

The good:
tram looks slightly less shit
delta is less metastation-esque.
coroners were a good addition
lasers are pretty powerful now
requisition forms were simplified (no 10+ pile of reqi forms per order)
some quirks are pretty neat
TTS is cool
you can now select multiple maps during map votes (way fewer votes for tram right before a chunk of the player base logs off for the night)

The bad:

kilostation was retired for birdshot despite not fulfilling the "lowpop station" niche that kilo had
crates look more like shit
radios look more like shit
medic kits look more like shit
coderbus seemingly greenlights any sprite pr
hardon for no quirk customization (YOU WILL HAVE A RANDOM PROSTHETIC LIMB, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, YOU WILL HAVE A RANDOM LANGUAGE LEARNED WITH THE BILINGUAL QUIRK AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, YOU WILL HAVE A RANDOM FAVORITE CIGARETTE BRAND WITH THE SMOKER QUIRK AND YOU WILL LIKE IT)
no loadout customization*
LRP players are whinny about MRP talking over TG policy
MRP players are whinny about LRP taking over TG policy
TTS seemingly causes start-up performance issues

*Apparently, the headcoders greenlit a loadout system back in March or May, but last I checked, it was still in the draft phase. I really hope it manages to keep a balance of reasonableness without people being decked out in stupid stuff that makes them unrecognizable to their department uniform.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #692580

sybil is still on top

KEITH is leading us into the light
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #692592

read signature
respect (let him do his thing)
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #692596

i been on manuel

i been having fun

fuck you

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #692598

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:23 am Birdshot and Northstar are the best maps, but no one wants to acknowledge it.
Birdshot myself in the head
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #692633

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:23 am Birdshot and Northstar are the best maps, but no one wants to acknowledge it.
youre not thaat far off, northstar is beautiful and a very ambitious map. Even though im still in my "new bad reee" phase its fun to just get lost in it unless you have something pressing to do. Birdshot.... has a cool name and science is well made
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #692665

Birdbox feels like a slapped together mess of a station. It’s built exactly the way you’d expect a space station to evolve naturally over the course of its lifespan, with departments and modules attached as they become needed.

Northstar is a terrifying, narrow, cramped ship/station. The vast, endless expanses of blank walls on the outside make you feel especially isolated and vulnerable. Inside, the maintenance passages are numerous, confusing, and dangerous.

Both of these maps do more to return us to the “murderbox in space” ethos than anything else in the game.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #693544

Scree

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #693546

I died as a heretic in cap maints on birdshit cause mapper thought it was funny to add 2 hostile crate mobs and wall off the exit with makeshift wood barricades. 0/10 would die to that again.