Vigilantism is outlawed in the Manuel sector peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Vigilantism is outlawed in the Manuel sector peanut

Post by Fren256 » #692905

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34373

Also this is babymin's first log dive, they grow up so fast
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: Vigilantism is outlawed in the Manuel sector peanut

Post by EmpressMaia » #692906

pretty sound note
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #692907

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:21 pm pretty sound note
I've been pretty pleasantly surprised by how Bmon admins. I got boinked + noted for an incident. He pretty clearly and effectively talked to me after listening to my side and corrected any misunderstandings* without coming across like an ass about it. The note he left was pretty reasonably neutral, to the point, and didn't over or under-exaggerate anything.

*like, he actually re-read the logs just to make sure, from what I can tell.

Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note expires in 6 months
Also, I thought that notes never expired. Or is that something people can set? Neither of my notes have expiration notes.

I could have sworn that following the MRP rule rewrite you were allowed to take up arms against a blatant antagonist, but you'd need to follow MRP security guidelines.

Ah, found it. Was slightly incorrect in my recollection of that policy.
4. Non-security may only actively hunt global or round-ending threats.

You should not act like a vigilante if a security force is present unless you have a good in-character roleplay reason to believe a global or round-ending threat exists. Restricted antags that are not automatically global or round ending threats may still become so through their actions in the shift, the stronger your reasoning the more action you can take against them.
You can always defend yourself and others from violent antagonists.
Players that choose to act as security will be held to the same standards as security.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #692909

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:29 pm
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note expires in 6 months
Also, I thought that notes never expired. Or is that something people can set? Neither of my notes have expiration notes.
Notes can have an expiry period, yes. Not a lot of people use those for a kaleidoscope of reasons, but they do exist. I like'em. I feel that making every record permanent is a bit harsh.

And yeah, bmon is fucking based. Excellent hire, IMO
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #692930

I HAVE THIS RECORDED (I THINK??) BUT IM NOT AT MY PC AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS.

Oh no the logs of me talking to a heretic about their spells as a non heretic is out there oh dear that looks cringe.

My RP that round was sub par.

I blame the bridge being filled with vending machines by assistants causing me to lose all hope and effort in anything.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #692951

its ok constellado
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #692993

nobody tell ekat they have notes that expire
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #693002

Honestly, that specific player is always in a pack with two other players and they take any oppertunity to start hunting people down. Little shocked Volk was involved in it though. WHY ARE YOU BEING CRINGE VOLK
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #693012

zergking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:07 am Little shocked Volk was involved in it though. WHY ARE YOU BEING CRINGE VOLK
I was not at my prime that day! That is for sure! I was cringe all around!!
Looking at it, I had a few chances to just go say no to it but I was just so done with the shift by that point hah.
It was very obviously a valid hunt. I'll definitely not join into one like that again for sure. I prefer making bunkers in engi anyway if I'm in danger as an engineer. Much more fun to play tower defense.

Now time to put incriminating evidence against MYSELF but I promised to myself that if there is a peanut about an event I recorded I will post the recordings of it no matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcoXy4NDSOk
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693022

kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid kill valid
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
zergking

Post by zergking » #693029

Constellado wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:20 am
zergking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:07 am Little shocked Volk was involved in it though. WHY ARE YOU BEING CRINGE VOLK
UNACCEPTABLE! 5000 YEARS IN THE FEMUR BREAKER
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #693031

zergking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:49 am
look at this and tell me this would not make anybody insane
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #693062

zergking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:07 am Honestly, that specific player is always in a pack with two other players and they take any oppertunity to start hunting people down. Little shocked Volk was involved in it though. WHY ARE YOU BEING CRINGE VOLK
yes its very annoying
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693080

Constellado wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:15 am
HOLY HELL

WHY

HOW
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693096

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:59 am nobody tell ekat they have notes that expire
I already knew. All but one of the notes I've ever had on tgstation had expiry dates. From my point of view, it's weird when they don't have expiration dates.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693097

► Show Spoiler
Hmm, this gives me some ideas. Playing a raving kleptomaniac is fun.
► Show Spoiler
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #693100

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:58 pm
Constellado wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:15 am look at this and tell me this would not make anybody insane
Spoiler:
HOLY HELL

WHY

HOW
The HoP was not at the desk and an assistant took it personally.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #693102

Kinda sucks that you can't go hunting down a rogue member of your department when you ironclad know that A) Someone in your department is a bad guy B) The bad guy member of your department is attacking and abducting your coworkers C) You have a VERY STRONG idea of who that rogue member is because he's been repeatedly called out as a bad guy including by your head of staff and you saw him leaving the area of the kidnapping.

Like I get that if the person has a habit of forming an ass-kicking team and validhunting every round you gotta ding them for that to keep the validhunters down, but a lot of the discussion around this seems to be "Department members can never form a posse to hunt down a rogue coworker until he kicks in the door and starts massacring them openly"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #693104

Imagine doing this during nuke ops and putting the disk in the middle of the bridge
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693106

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:52 pm
Imagine doing this during nuke ops and putting the disk in the middle of the bridge
god its BEAUTIFUL

also what a great idea. even better than sticking it in the safe and surrounding it with rwalls
zergking

Post by zergking » #693145

I stand by my ruling. 5000 YEARS FEMUR BREAKER
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Post by MrrFiish » #693160

Fren256 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:52 pm
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I WAS THE HERETIC AND I HAD TO ASCEND IN THAT TINY CORNER I CARVED OUT IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT SINCE I WAS RUST, I HAD TO DECONSTRUCT THEM TO CARVE A CHUNK OF SPACE FOR MY RUNE

Hence the dead bodies stacked there
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #693172

At least rust has the means to tidy that up
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #693173

ekaterina wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:47 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:59 am nobody tell ekat they have notes that expire
I already knew. All but one of the notes I've ever had on tgstation had expiry dates. From my point of view, it's weird when they don't have expiration dates.
In all the many notes I’ve accumulated over the years, I have never gotten a note with an expiry date.

With metagrudged regards,

-SinfulBliss
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #693174

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:32 am
ekaterina wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:47 pm
In all the many notes I’ve accumulated over the years, I have never gotten a note with an expiry date.

With metagrudged regards,

-SinfulBliss
I gotchu fam, lemme give you a couple of expiring notes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.