Escalating the hard way Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Escalating the hard way Peanut

Post by conrad » #693459

viewtopic.php?t=34413
Title requires visual aid.

I also like how atlantaned tore a new asshole in the guy so hard he's gonna be farting doubles.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: Escalating the hard way Peanut

Post by vect0r » #693461

“Mosins don’t even do that much damage”
Truly a take of all time
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #693466

Looks like there's some minor non-lethal problem occuring, how can I solve this in a way which kills the most possible bystanders?
DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #693467

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 pm viewtopic.php?t=34413

I also like how atlantaned tore a new asshole in the guy so hard he's gonna be farting doubles.
OH OH! I GOT A FUNNY RESPONSE!
01:14:14 SAY DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) "Kill me and I blow up" (112, 137, 4) Bridge
01:14:16 SAY DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) "in a maxcap" (112, 137, 4) Bridge
01:14:37 SAY DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) "idiot" (117, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:38 WHISPER DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) "DO IT" (116, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:40 EMOTE DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless...

almost like I DID take the rainbow road!
conrad

Post by conrad » #693468

You're not renowned for knowing how to read, are you?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693469

vect0r wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:27 pm “Mosins don’t even do that much damage”
Truly a take of all time
I laughed when I saw him try and say that. Mosins aren't that great when they aren't cleaned but they are still scary. A perfectly functioning mosin with ammo is far scarier than laser guns in 99% of scenarios.

I've seen them drop people in a single shot, two shots, and the person is almost certain to be in crit or even die unless they are wearing armor or receiving immediate medical attention.

Also, I don't blame that HOP for tacking him. I've seen so many shifts where one of the heads of staff keeps recalling the shuttle 'cause funny
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #693470

stupid games stupid prizes aside, how does a permanent server ban a help someone learn to be more responsible in command roles? If he has a history of constantly building bombs with poor justification just say its because he always does this and we're sick of the station cratering because he's obsessed with mixing orange and blue.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693471

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:51 pm stupid games stupid prizes aside, how does a permanent server ban a help someone learn to be more responsible in command roles? If he has a history of constantly building bombs with poor justification just say its because he always does this and we're sick of the station cratering because he's obsessed with mixing orange and blue.
It looks like it's just a roleban?
Ban type: Roles
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Quartermaster, Chief Medical Officer, Research Director, Head of Security, Scientist, Roboticist, Geneticist permanently - As the RD, ran around with a health sensor tied to a maxcap. Despite this, put themselves in a situation where poor escalation lead to their bomb going off. This is a ban to hopefully help them learn to be more responsible in sensitive roles like command & science
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #693472

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:53 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:51 pm stupid games stupid prizes aside, how does a permanent server ban a help someone learn to be more responsible in command roles? If he has a history of constantly building bombs with poor justification just say its because he always does this and we're sick of the station cratering because he's obsessed with mixing orange and blue.
It looks like it's just a roleban?
Ban type: Roles
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Quartermaster, Chief Medical Officer, Research Director, Head of Security, Scientist, Roboticist, Geneticist permanently - As the RD, ran around with a health sensor tied to a maxcap. Despite this, put themselves in a situation where poor escalation lead to their bomb going off. This is a ban to hopefully help them learn to be more responsible in sensitive roles like command & science
i may be stupid
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #693473

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:49 pm
Truly a take of all time
*Further Mosin discussion*
Yeah I mean its just a scratch really. If you die to one of these skill issue tbh.
Mosin Damage.PNG

DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #693474

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:46 pm You're not renowned for knowing how to read, are you?
01:14:14 SAY DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) "Kill me and I blow up" (112, 137, 4) Bridge
01:14:40 EMOTE DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless...

"KIll me and I blow up"

vs

"Yo dont kill me ive got a maxcap rigged to a DMS"

verrrry similar
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693475

how could they be so upset from me taking out my joke gun and shooting them in the chest with a joke bullet? what an idiot. they're going to end up setting off the joke bomb in my back pocket and it's all their fault.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #693476

DevinXoptoh wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:58 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:46 pm You're not renowned for knowing how to read, are you?

"KIll me and I blow up"

vs

"Yo dont kill me ive got a maxcap rigged to a DMS"

verrrry similar
The fact you're still missing the point is tantamount proof that banning you was a good idea.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693477

whats the difference between a mosin and an uncleaned mosin
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #693479

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:05 pm whats the difference between a mosin and an uncleaned mosin
one has poor personal hygiene very stinky
NSFW:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693480

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm I asked the HoP about this and they assumed you were bluffing. I don't fault them for thinking that.
You should. The HoP was warned and he ignored the warning because he randomly decided the RD was bluffing. The HoP fucked around and found out. How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.

Who the hell assumes an RD is bluffing when it comes to maxcaps? Making bombs is RD 101!
Ever since I wrote the wiki guide on experiments, there is no excuse to not know how to make bombs :D .
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #693482

Truly a take of all time
I laughed when I saw him try and say that. Mosins aren't that great when they aren't cleaned but they are still scary. A perfectly functioning mosin with ammo is far scarier than laser guns in 99% of scenarios.

I've seen them drop people in a single shot, two shots, and the person is almost certain to be in crit or even die unless they are wearing armor or receiving immediate medical attention.

Also, I don't blame that HOP for tacking him. I've seen so many shifts where one of the heads of staff keeps recalling the shuttle 'cause funny
Mosins are my favorite weapon in the game. The bang-bang combo that drops like anybody is so satisfying. I normally use them during BB, or even when I’m a heretic. Are there better weapons? Yes. Is there nothing more satisfying than racking that gun? Also yes.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #693483

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:05 pm whats the difference between a mosin and an uncleaned mosin
One has a chance of jamming, one doesn’t.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #693485

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm
Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm I asked the HoP about this and they assumed you were bluffing. I don't fault them for thinking that.
You should. The HoP was warned and he ignored the warning because he randomly decided the RD was bluffing. The HoP fucked around and found out. How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.

Who the hell assumes an RD is bluffing when it comes to maxcaps? Making bombs is RD 101!
Ever since I wrote the wiki guide on experiments, there is no excuse to not know how to make bombs :D .
Yeah, why am I not shocked that your take on this sucks?

Regardless of how bad Devin wants it to be, the HoP's reaction to him is completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters here is that he built a dead man bomb and it went off. He's been banned for using bombs as a non-antag before.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693486

I don't actually know how to clean mosins. I've gotten a cleaning kit and for the life of me I can't get it to clean non-dry mosins.

Unless it doesn't do that at all and I'm just dumb
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #693487

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:48 pm I don't actually know how to clean mosins. I've gotten a cleaning kit and for the life of me I can't get it to clean non-dry mosins.

Open the Mosin's bolt, then apply the cleaning kit to the Mosin.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693488

AwkwardStereo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:55 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:48 pm I don't actually know how to clean mosins. I've gotten a cleaning kit and for the life of me I can't get it to clean non-dry mosins.

I need to test this on a singleplayer server or something because I swear it never works for me
conrad

Post by conrad » #693489

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:15 pm
AwkwardStereo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:55 pm

I need to test this on a singleplayer server or something because I swear it never works for me
Did you try while it had bullets? I'm pretty sure you need to have it unloaded.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693492

Are the cleaning kit and the mosin being wet unrelated?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #693494

Wasn't the mosin jamming removed
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693495

uhm the internet told me russian guns never jam
conrad

Post by conrad » #693496

Rageguy505 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:04 pm Wasn't the mosin jamming removed
I'm pretty sure if you give it a guitar it'll shred some tunes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #693500

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm ...and I never dreamed I'd see a resonance cascade, let alone approve one.
nice
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #693503

DevinXoptoh wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:42 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 pm viewtopic.php?t=34413

OH OH! I GOT A FUNNY RESPONSE!

almost like I DID take the rainbow road!

SO WHEN I POST IN MY OWN PEANUT TO CLARIFY SOMETHING I AM SHUNNED AND MOCKED, BUT WHEN IT IS SOMEONE ELSE THEY DON'T ?
INEQUALITY. DISCRIMINATION. FORUMS SUXX
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #693506

this was funny unban them
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693512

RD has a Deadman bomb strapped to them, recalls the shuttle without permission, shoots the hop that arrests them causing a shootout and then exploding.

If you didn't want the bomb to go off you needed to not escalate that conflict. The second you shot the hop you ensured the bomb would go off, the hop had every reason to not trust you and to resort to lethals, you didn't.

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode?
Because the RD fired a mosin at him after recalling the shuttle during a resonance cascade. There's 0 reason to trust this person has your best interests at heart, and every reason to shoot them into Swiss cheese.

I'd say that you are definitely competing with sinful for most derranged poster but sinful actually has good takes 1/8 times. You are genuinely and aggressively the poster with the worst takes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #693516

Truly a take of all time

copy that, nerfing mosins
conrad

Post by conrad » #693517

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 am I'd say that you are definitely competing with sinful for most derranged poster but sinful actually has good takes 1/8 times. You are genuinely and aggressively the poster with the worst takes.
Sinfulbliss' rancid takes exist 'cos his brain was taken away by social services, yet his heart is in the right place. Ekaterina is just an angry lil guy.

But we love him and I hope he continues to post until the end of time.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #693523

Truly a take of all time
01:14:34 ATTACK DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) fired at JustFunk/(George Boyle) with 7.62 bullet from Bridge (NEWHP: 100) (113, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:34 ATTACK DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) shot JustFunk/(George Boyle) with 7.62 bullet (NEWHP: 100) (113, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:34 ATTACK JustFunk/(George Boyle) suffered: Open Puncture to head | Damage: 35 (rolled 118/145.109) | WB: -45 (113, 136, 4) Bridge

GEE I WONDER WHY HE MURDERED ME FOR SHOOTING HIM IN THE HEAD

Also don't abductors put you to sleep instead of crit
During this time I made a TTV bomb and shoved it in my bag of holding with a health sensor attatched toggle to "death", my plan was if I got caught, during surgery if I went into crit, Id succumb and it would take out the abductors.
You can't succumb when you're asleep
Last edited by Archie700 on Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #693524

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:28 am
Truly a take of all time
01:14:34 ATTACK DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) fired at JustFunk/(George Boyle) with 7.62 bullet from Bridge (NEWHP: 100) (113, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:34 ATTACK DevinXoptoh/(Ava Kinsley) shot JustFunk/(George Boyle) with 7.62 bullet (NEWHP: 100) (113, 135, 4) Bridge
01:14:34 ATTACK JustFunk/(George Boyle) suffered: Open Puncture to head | Damage: 35 (rolled 118/145.109) | WB: -45 (113, 136, 4) Bridge

GEE I WONDER WHY HE MURDERED ME FOR SHOOTING HIM IN THE HEAD
When will logs finally get fixed? Surely they weren't full health after being shot in the head
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693528

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 am RD has a Deadman bomb strapped to them, recalls the shuttle without permission, shoots the hop that arrests them causing a shootout and then exploding.
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 am arrests
Surely, you mean "kidnaps", since the HoP does not even have the authority to make arrests, much less arrest other heads...
Lacran is out here fighting for the rights of HoPcurities everywhere. HoPcurity, on MANUEL of all servers...
... showing up to the bridge and instantly tabling the RD, truly the highest roleplay tgstation can behold.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693529

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:08 pm uhm the internet told me russian guns never jam
"YOU CAN DROP EM IN THE DIRT, PICK IT UP, AND IT'LL STILL WORK!" - Quartermaster, mere moments before getting blown up by a Mauler
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693535

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:29 am
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 am RD has a Deadman bomb strapped to them, recalls the shuttle without permission, shoots the hop that arrests them causing a shootout and then exploding.
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 am arrests
Surely, you mean "kidnaps", since the HoP does not even have the authority to make arrests, much less arrest other heads...
Lacran is out here fighting for the rights of HoPcurities everywhere. HoPcurity, on MANUEL of all servers...
... showing up to the bridge and instantly tabling the RD, truly the highest roleplay tgstation can behold.
RP rule 4:
You should not act like a vigilante if a security force is present UNLESS you have a good in-character roleplay reason to believe a global or round-ending threat exists.
A HoP is not security, but ANY player, especially a head can perform an arrest in an emergency situation. People recalling during a resonance cascade is 100% a valid situation to arrest that player because it is occuring within the HoP's workplace, and is a station wide concern.

Ekat you genuinely need to work on how you apply logic to a situation. You fundamentally struggle to see merit in any position but your own, even when your own logic could EASILY be applied against your own arguement.

you say "The HoP has the resonsibility to not shoot the RD, because the RD who is directly hostile, says they have a bomb "

You can just as easily and more realistically say "The RD has a responsibility to not fire lethals at other crew members over a valid reaction to a dangerous shuttle recall, especially when they know it will start a fire fight which will likely trigger the bomb they 100% know exists."

When applying responsibility you should look to which player is the most informed and which player's actions were less reasonable considering that. Every peanut shouldn't devolve into explaining basic concepts to you while you act snarky and try to score cheap shots.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #693552

as lacran said, you're entitled to subdue people for a valid IC reason. if the hop wandered into the engine and started fucking with it, then the CE would have every right to baton them, beat them up and throw them out.

recalling the shuttle in a red alert situation where the death of the entire station is imminent without the captain's permission is a valid reason to subdue someone. they're acting like a moron and they need to be removed from the bridge where they have just demonstrated malicious intent. there was 0 reason to not send a quick "hey the engine actually seems fine, is it alright if i recall?" over command channel. it's why it exists.

when you build a bomb you have the responsibility of taking all suitable measures to ensure it only goes off when it's appropriate. if they didn't feel the need to build a health sensor maxcap for a nonsensical reason, then continue to wear it long after the fact, then this thread wouldn't exist. it would just be another dumb fight.

if you're walking around with a suicide vest on that you shouldn't have made in the first place it's not other people's responsibility to bow down to you and never instigate conflict with you, especially when you're putting the entire station in danger with your actions. it's your responsibility to de-escalate those conflicts. the attempts made to de-escalate in this situation amounted to:

>calling the hop a retard
>daring them to do it (kill them)
>after getting away from the fight, deciding to return to shoot them in the head with a rifle while on low health

also, once the RD mentioned the maxcap, the hop stopped attacking them, aggro grabbed them and threw them out. nothing else happens for another 10 whole seconds until the RD decides to re-engage and shoot them in the head with a rifle, causing a bleeding puncture wound and a sizeable amount of damage.

in all honesty? i'd laser them to death too.

it's also ironic that ekat would defend the RD because the hop shouldn't be acting like a vigilante when the RD is walking around with a rifle and a health sensor maxcap to hunt an antag that isn't a stationwide threat.
NSFW:
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #693555

Ah, I mentioned to him to change his character name from Chip Chafer to something else to find out whether the complaints from players is caused by the character, or the player.
Lets hope him being away from command for a bit fixes these issues. It's not looking good for him if it keeps up like this!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693560

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:57 am you say "The HoP has the resonsibility to not shoot the RD, because the RD who is directly hostile, says they have a bomb "
That's not what I said. You can shoot the RD into crit just fine, but not to death, when he specifically has a dead man bomb on him.
If the HoPcurity wants to act like security, he should learn how security acts, and it's poor practice to gun someone down past the point of being a threat (unless they've committed capital crimes, not the case).
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:57 am You can just as easily and more realistically say "The RD has a responsibility to not fire lethals at other crew members over a valid reaction to a dangerous shuttle recall, especially when they know it will start a fire fight which will likely trigger the bomb they 100% know exists."
Ultimately it wasn't the RD on the HoP's client clicking on himself and causing the detonation, was it? It was another player, aware of the dead man bomb he was carrying, who chose to shoot him anyway.
Perhaps, however, the RD indeed has some fault for starting that second bout of escalation.
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:48 am it's also ironic that ekat would defend the RD because the hop shouldn't be acting like a vigilante when the RD is walking around with a rifle and a health sensor maxcap to hunt an antag that isn't a stationwide threat.
You misunderstand the extent to which I'm defending the RD. I'm more criticising the HoP. See below:
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm The HoP was warned and he ignored the warning because he randomly decided the RD was bluffing. The HoP fucked around and found out. How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693562

ban suicide bombs, thoughts?
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #693563

y'know maybe talking to people about recalling the shuttle before Just Doing It without explaining your reasons would've resulted in something different then this.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693564

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:19 pm ban suicide bombs, thoughts?
Nukies BTFO, banned at round start.

If you mean for non-antags, it makes sense. For antags, though, rule 4 is rule 4.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693565

dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:01 pm how could they be so upset from me taking out my joke gun and shooting them in the chest with a joke bullet? what an idiot. they're going to end up setting off the joke bomb in my back pocket and it's all their fault.
Ted kacynzski should have tried the "it's just a prank bro" defense back in the day tbhwy
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #693566

I feel like if the RD were an antag and this happened, nobody would mind. Antag blew up the bridge, classic, move along. HoP's not at fault for an antag with a bomb. But in this case neither party is an antag and yet there's sitll boom.

Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #693568

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:15 pm
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:57 am you say "The HoP has the resonsibility to not shoot the RD, because the RD who is directly hostile, says they have a bomb "
That's not what I said. You can shoot the RD into crit just fine, but not to death, when he specifically has a dead man bomb on him.
If the HoPcurity wants to act like security, he should learn how security acts, and it's poor practice to gun someone down past the point of being a threat (unless they've committed capital crimes, not the case).
If someone who's doing something incredibly bad like "Recalling the shuttle during a cascade" says "dont kill me i have a health sensor bomb" then when i stop and let them get up immediately rushes over and attacks me my #1 thought is "he was bluffing to get me off him" not "better treat him with kid gloves again".

Well actually my #1 thought is probbably "This fucker shooting me after I let him go time to die" and that ties into the second half of why you're full of shit in that if you come after sec with a deadly weapon after they catch you doing something that looks very antaggy during a station threatening emergency like a cascade they'd well within their rights to put the boot to you fatally, let alone a head of staff.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693569

ekaterina wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:15 pm
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:57 am You can just as easily and more realistically say "The RD has a responsibility to not fire lethals at other crew members over a valid reaction to a dangerous shuttle recall, especially when they know it will start a fire fight which will likely trigger the bomb they 100% know exists."
Ultimately it wasn't the RD on the HoP's client clicking on himself and causing the detonation, was it? It was another player, aware of the dead man bomb he was carrying, who chose to shoot him anyway.
Perhaps, however, the RD indeed has some fault for starting that second bout of escalation.
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:48 am it's also ironic that ekat would defend the RD because the hop shouldn't be acting like a vigilante when the RD is walking around with a rifle and a health sensor maxcap to hunt an antag that isn't a stationwide threat.
You misunderstand the extent to which I'm defending the RD. I'm more criticising the HoP. See below:
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm The HoP was warned and he ignored the warning because he randomly decided the RD was bluffing. The HoP fucked around and found out. How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
So an RD recalls the shuttle during a resonance cascade, tells you he has a bomb so you let him go, then he comes back moments later and shoots you with a Mosin. What is going through your head as the HoP outside of "fuck this guy"

Realistically what has this RD done that would make you assume he's truthful? It's entirely believable for anyone in science to have a bomb, but if he's saying it to get out of an arrest it's just as possible for this player to be lying. Why the fuck would a normal RD be walking around with a Deadman maxcap? That's not common at all, especially on Manuel.

If you are fucking over the entire station and shooting people with lethals during an emergency, Security will kill you. They are under no obligation to process you when the station is going to shit and you are openly hostile.

The RD had ZERO reason to turn that into a firefight, especially because unlike the hop they were 100% certain regarding the bomb and chose to return and start a fire fight simply because the HoP tried to arrest them.

The standard you are holding the HoP to is to be extremely patient, to show very lenient sec conduct in a fubar situation and to believe the RD that just recalled the shuttle and shot you in the head is a reliable source of information.

So what are the things the RD could've done:

Not make a max cap to valid hunt abductors.

Not have the max cap set to a Killswitch which wouldn't be activated by an abductor anyway. But could be activated by literally any other hazard.

Not recall the shuttle during an emergency without asking the Captain first.

Not after being released by the HoP to return and shoot him in the head with a Mosin.

Not stand still telling to HoP to kill him knowing the bomb would explode.

The HoPs actions aren't perfect, but are totally reasonable given the situation the vast majority of the RDs actions were not reasonable given the situation. So why are you putting the burden of responsibility on the player that had the least wrongdoing that lead to this event?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693570

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:16 pm The HoPs actions aren't perfect, but are totally reasonable given the situation the vast majority of the RDs actions were not reasonable given the situation. So why are you putting the burden of responsibility on the player that had the least wrongdoing that lead to this event?
I'm not.
I'm talking about the HoP's actions because everyone else seems to be glossing over them and I believe it's relevant to add them to the discussion, and because he was the one to cause the detonation.
Not because I think it's somehow his fault that the non-antag RD was walking around with a bomb to begin with.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693573

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm How is it the RD's fault that the HoP decided to go full gorilla mode? The escalation seems valid to me on the RD's end. Of course, it's still reasonable to question why the RD was walking around with a maxcap, but the detonation is completely on the HoP.
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm the HoP does not even have the authority to make arrests, much less arrest other heads...
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:13 pm If the HoPcurity wants to act like security, he should learn how security acts, and it's poor practice to gun someone down past the point of being a threat
These were your criticisms of the HoP.

It's incorrect to criticise him for acting as security in this situation, as he was completely warranted to arrest that player.

It's incorrect to claim he wasn't meeting Security expectations, as killing that player in that context was 100% justified due to them almost killing you during a resonance cascade.

It's unreasonable to expect him to trust the RDs word at all, seeing as no action by the RD was anything but hostile from the HoPs perspective.

You saying "well I'm just pointing out the HoP technically activated the Killswitch" is a giant fucking back pedal. You made a lot of straight up wrong assertions which weren't just around the HoP activating the kill switch but the events that led to it.