It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Post by Archie700 » #693631

Now I can safely say that he has tried to evade it.

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: It has now been about a month since Yobi was banned

Post by ekaterina » #693636

Expecting a player to not try to evade a ban is like expecting a permabrig prisoner to not try to escape.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693637

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am Expecting a player to not try to evade a ban is like expecting a permabrig prisoner to not try to escape.
this is the silliest shit i have ever seen you say, this needs to be preserved for posterity

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #693641

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:04 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am Expecting a player to not try to evade a ban is like expecting a permabrig prisoner to not try to escape.
this is the silliest shit i have ever seen you say, this needs to be preserved for posterity

I'm with Crag, what a dense statement.

I think he should animate it with some sparkles.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #693642

So what they're saying is that if they eat a perma, they're gonna evade? Just...Jesus Christ, why would someone say that lmao

Thank you for your contribution, citizen (?)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #693649

God damnit Ekat.

My research is ruined, I need to establish a whole new hypothesis to justify your level of schizo.
► Show Spoiler
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693651

Ban evasion be damned that boy can work a grill
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693652

conrad

Post by conrad » #693656

Chadley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:59 am

God damnit Ekat.
► Show Spoiler
My research is ruined, I need to establish a whole new hypothesis to justify your level of schizo.
I just wanna say it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside you're getting mileage outta this image :)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #693659

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am Expecting a player to not try to evade a perma ban is like expecting a permabrig prisoner to not try to escape.
This is actually it makes sense but ekat probably has no idea how. I mean in the big sprig a QC ban as scathing as yobihustle's would be a multiyear debacle at best. Now the TG station sociopolitical landscape is in a sort of stasis brought on by a lack of responsive discussion environments as mentioned in my latest rant on the issue. It seems Yobi is of the opinion that this stasis will not last long and that the coming critical formative period will begin considerably sooner than his own ban duration. In his same thread of reasoning he found the most advantageous course of action would be to attempt ban evasion. Now it is entirely clear that yobi is crap at evading bans.
Now, consider this all from yobi's perspective. The choice to evade wasn't just some drug fueled decision to remove part of his forehead and write words on his skull. This course of action had precedent. Was it not that one hilarious drug psa which said "I learnt it from you, father figure!"? Who would the impressionable Yobihustle look up to as a father figure? Would it be the cringe rp threads in the players club -thread-er-s? No! Yobi didn't give a shit about the club until after he got banned a few times, he had no comprehension of how much of a fo pah or whatever thats spelt god i hate the french and thusly couldn't jump on the post modernist trend of posting unrelated bullshit to clog up my peanut parade. Would it be project side administration expert Ninjanomnom? No! I dont even think Yobi knows enough about the codebase to know that there are 3 headcoders. Would it be ME? No! My standard course of action when someone in the community tries to consider me anything other than a interchangeable pseudocircuit is to covertly use proxies to amass sufficient fake outrage against them until they are quality control banned by some gullible old head admin who thinks they're wise cause they dont pay attention to game adjacent segments of the community unless they are banning someone for percieved QC justifying complaints. Its none other than our headmin who flaunts their obvious ban evasion: TIMBERPROES.
Those of you who havent been paying attention might not notice that timberproes is Anon3. I can already hear you raving in my head so I will make what im saying like that one squid gif. Anon3 was never permabanned in the traditional sense. The nature of Anon3's evasion isn't one of an evader bypassing administrative blockade, but rather an independent actor bypassing sociodemographic shifts and the loss of integral social positioning. The presence of furry profile pictures is comparable to salt content in a body of water. As such environmental changes take place, those who rely on such environmental variables die out. Anon3 knew that without a stable proxy with which to conduit his social security aquired through comprising most of the furry pfps per capita in tg station forums, he would lose social security and therefore become within reach of the metameddlers of his time. Timberpreoes or whatever was made to transcribe furry pfp notoriety into long post notoriety. Now, in the future year 2023, the metameddlers of our day(me) work to degrade the notoriety of long posts through, well shit like this idk.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #693661

player's club has been REAL QUIET since I backed up the abcd ekat
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #693662

Capsandi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:53 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am Expecting a player to not try to evade a perma ban is like expecting a permabrig prisoner to not try to escape.
This is actually it makes sense but ekat probably has no idea how. I mean in the big sprig a QC ban as scathing as yobihustle's would be a multiyear debacle at best. Now the TG station sociopolitical landscape is in a sort of stasis brought on by a lack of responsive discussion environments as mentioned in my latest rant on the issue. It seems Yobi is of the opinion that this stasis will not last long and that the coming critical formative period will begin considerably sooner than his own ban duration. In his same thread of reasoning he found the most advantageous course of action would be to attempt ban evasion. Now it is entirely clear that yobi is crap at evading bans.
Now, consider this all from yobi's perspective. The choice to evade wasn't just some drug fueled decision to remove part of his forehead and write words on his skull. This course of action had precedent. Was it not that one hilarious drug psa which said "I learnt it from you, father figure!"? Who would the impressionable Yobihustle look up to as a father figure? Would it be the cringe rp threads in the players club -thread-er-s? No! Yobi didn't give a shit about the club until after he got banned a few times, he had no comprehension of how much of a fo pah or whatever thats spelt god i hate the french and thusly couldn't jump on the post modernist trend of posting unrelated bullshit to clog up my peanut parade. Would it be project side administration expert Ninjanomnom? No! I dont even think Yobi knows enough about the codebase to know that there are 3 headcoders. Would it be ME? No! My standard course of action when someone in the community tries to consider me anything other than a interchangeable pseudocircuit is to covertly use proxies to amass sufficient fake outrage against them until they are quality control banned by some gullible old head admin who thinks they're wise cause they dont pay attention to game adjacent segments of the community unless they are banning someone for percieved QC justifying complaints. Its none other than our headmin who flaunts their obvious ban evasion: TIMBERPROES.
Those of you who havent been paying attention might not notice that timberproes is Anon3. I can already hear you raving in my head so I will make what im saying like that one squid gif. Anon3 was never permabanned in the traditional sense. The nature of Anon3's evasion isn't one of an evader bypassing administrative blockade, but rather an independent actor bypassing sociodemographic shifts and the loss of integral social positioning. The presence of furry profile pictures is comparable to salt content in a body of water. As such environmental changes take place, those who rely on such environmental variables die out. Anon3 knew that without a stable proxy with which to conduit his social security aquired through comprising most of the furry pfps per capita in tg station forums, he would lose social security and therefore become within reach of the metameddlers of his time. Timberpreoes or whatever was made to transcribe furry pfp notoriety into long post notoriety. Now, in the future year 2023, the metameddlers of our day(me) work to degrade the notoriety of long posts through, well shit like this idk.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693668

The capsandi, sinful ekat triumvirate is forming. We are doomed
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693669

This bullshit looks AI generated.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693670

Also where is the perma ban page tgstations site is garbage at linking the up to date pages for logs, etc.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693677

This is actually it makes sense but ekat probably has no idea how.
Of course I do. A man deprived of freedom will seek it out.
As various European countries' jurisprudence holds, "it is human nature to want to escape".
NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:36 am I'm with Crag, what a dense statement.
You claim I am wrong, even insult my quote, but you provide no counter whatsoever to the obvious and correct proposition I made. Typical.
Chadley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:59 am My research is ruined, I need to establish a whole new hypothesis to justify your level of schizo.
See above.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:13 am Also where is the perma ban page tgstations site is garbage at linking the up to date pages for logs, etc.
https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693678

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:26 am
This is actually it makes sense but ekat probably has no idea how.
As various European countries' jurisprudence holds, "it is human nature to want to escape".
NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:36 am I'm with Crag, what a dense statement.
You claim I am wrong, even insult my quote, but you provide no counter whatsoever to the obvious and correct proposition I made. Typical.
Chadley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:59 am My research is ruined, I need to establish a whole new hypothesis to justify your level of schizo.
See above.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:13 am Also where is the perma ban page tgstations site is garbage at linking the up to date pages for logs, etc.
https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php
Youre a fuckin sillyhead a ban is nothing like a prison sentence you dummy because unless you're absolutely gormless and burn every bridge you can as fast as possible you can just go to another ss13 server and not act like a fuckin goofus and play the game and have fun and then people will say "he hes not so bad let him play on tg again"
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693679

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:26 am
The reason why people make a habit of not engaging you isn't because you have a correct position. It's that the level of effort required to make you understand how dumb you are is monumental.

Teaching you how to think rationally is like teaching a blind kid how to read, while they kick and scream and insist they are actually the most literate person ever.

Europe accepts people want to escape prison because it is a horrific place to be in, it's an environment where you are in constant danger. It's an intensely harmful environment both physically and mentally.

It is not viewed as acceptable to ignore bans from a community, because you are facing a minor inconvience and have a multitude of options available to you that isn't interacting with that specific group of people.

It's natural to want to escape a bad situation, it's not natural to try to force people to interact with you who don't want to.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693680

the ekat larp claims another thread
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693682

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:37 am Youre a fuckin sillyhead a ban is nothing like a prison sentence you dummy because unless you're absolutely gormless and burn every bridge you can as fast as possible you can just go to another ss13 server and not act like a fuckin goofus and play the game and have fun and then people will say "he hes not so bad let him play on tg again"
It's the principle, not letting other people tell you what to do, "you dummy".
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am The reason why people make a habit of not engaging you isn't because you have a correct position. It's that the level of effort required to make you understand how dumb you are is monumental.
How pathetic that you have to resort to ad hominem attacks, and patently false ones at that. It only further shows that you've nothing worthwhile to say. Having different opinions doesn't make someone "dumb", and your view isn't the only view that can possibly exist.
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am Teaching you how to think rationally is like teaching a blind kid how to read, while they kick and scream and insist they are actually the most literate person ever.
You don't want to teach anyone how to think rationally, you want the exact opposite: for people to blindly fall in line with your irrational positions, which I don't do.
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am Europe accepts people want to escape prison because it is a horrific place to be in, it's an environment where you are in constant danger. It's an intensely harmful environment both physically and mentally.
Way to demonstrate what I just said above. Yes, I'm sure European jurisprudence is based off of conditions in American prisons, that definitely makes sense. :lol:
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am It is not viewed as acceptable to ignore bans from a community, because you are facing a minor inconvience and have a multitude of options available to you that isn't interacting with that specific group of people.
I opened up by comparing evading a permaban to escaping a permabrig sentence. Both of these are "minor inconveniences" in a real sense, and limited to the scope of this game. You and Crag were the ones to bring up real prison.
Are you about to accuse me of "bAcKpEdaL" for literally asserting the very position I opened with instead of your strawman? Tell me again how you're the one who thinks rationally when all you have are ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments :lol:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #693684

Capsandi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:53 am ... Would it be project side administration expert Ninjanomnom? No! ...
Who told you about ninjanom
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #693685

Ekaterina, just out of curiosity, what do you generally do after you're done peddling terrible takes for five hours on this forum?

With wondering regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693687

BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:33 am Ekaterina, just out of curiosity, what do you generally do after you're done peddling terrible takes for five hours on this forum?
Draw blood. Praise Nar'Sie. Hunger for blood and battle.
Argue for five more hours elsewhere.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #693688

Ban evading is kinda silly if you know the risks, because if you start evading you make it harder and harder for yourself to appeal in the future.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693689

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:11 pm
BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:33 am Ekaterina, just out of curiosity, what do you generally do after you're done peddling terrible takes for five hours on this forum?
Well now I'm just sad. Ekaterina admitting to be trolling takes all the bubbles out of this soda.
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:23 pm Ban evading is kinda silly if you know the risks, because if you start evading you make it harder and harder for yourself to appeal in the future.
Just wait until Timberpoes is headmin so he can make your appeal into a gameshow.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693691

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:04 pm Well now I'm just sad. Ekaterina admitting to be trolling takes all the bubbles out of this soda.
When did I ever say I was trolling? What's with you people and putting words in my mouth?
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #693692

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 am
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am The reason why people make a habit of not engaging you isn't because you have a correct position. It's that the level of effort required to make you understand how dumb you are is monumental.
How pathetic that you have to resort to ad hominem attacks, and patently false ones at that.
Most people actively tell you to your face they think you are either a moron or trolling, its not adhom to point this out. this doesn't serve to undermine your arguement, its me explaining why people don't engage with you.

Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am Europe accepts people want to escape prison because it is a horrific place to be in, it's an environment where you are in constant danger. It's an intensely harmful environment both physically and mentally.
Way to demonstrate what I just said above. Yes, I'm sure European jurisprudence is based off of conditions in American prisons, that definitely makes sense. :lol:
I never mentioned American prisons, I'm not American either, so where is this leap of logic coming from?
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 am You and Crag were the ones to bring up real prison.
You said this:
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 am Of course I do. A man deprived of freedom will seek it out.
You brought up european law in regards to prison escape, so I explained why this is a thing to you and why it would be odd to apply that philosophy here.

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 am I opened up by comparing evading a permaban to escaping a permabrig sentence. Both of these are "minor inconveniences" in a real sense, and limited to the scope of this game. You and Crag were the ones to bring up real prison.
Ingame jail sentences are roleplay, bans are not roleplay, they are a breach of conduct between you and a community, a community of real life people. Evading the ban is you refusing to learn from mistakes and instead doubling down. video game jail has nothing to do with that.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 am Are you about to accuse me of "bAcKpEdaL" for literally asserting the very position I opened with instead of your strawman? Tell me again how you're the one who thinks rationally when all you have are ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lXwxlpeag
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693693

The great news is if the forum admins ever get tired of ekaterina having bad posts he's admitted his intent to ban evade so it'd be upgraded to a perma
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693696

Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:10 pm I never mentioned American prisons, I'm not American either, so where is this leap of logic coming from?
The conditions you described are characteristically American. Your description is accurate if you refer to American prisons, but insane if you refer to European ones. Hence, between assuming your logic was invalid (American prisons justify European law) or that your premises were false (description of European prisons), I went with the former, and, I guess, got unlucky.
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:10 pm Evading the ban is you refusing to learn from mistakes and instead doubling down.
What should entitle someone else to judge your actions? Evading a ban is you refusing to subject yourself to someone else's judgement. It is supremely based.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:18 pm The great news is if the forum admins ever get tired of ekaterina having bad posts he's admitted his intent to ban evade so it'd be upgraded to a perma
That's not how anything works.
First, I said nothing about what I would or wouldn't do, I expressed an opinion about ban evaders.
Second, tgstation doesn't ban people or "upgrade" bans because of thought crime.
Third, giving out permanent bans only encourages people to evade them, since they have got nothing to lose if they get caught, as opposed to temporary bans, where they risk precisely that.
Fourth, for you of all people to be calling for people to be banned, harshly at that, when you've gotten away with so much shit, including posts that could have gotten you blacklisted, is beyond comical. Yet another example of the famous Crag Hypocrisy.

And thus Crag wins the competition for forum post that makes the least sense
conrad

Post by conrad » #693697

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:10 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:04 pm Well now I'm just sad. Ekaterina admitting to be trolling takes all the bubbles out of this soda.
When did I ever say I was trolling? What's with you people and putting words in my mouth?
It's not really putting words in your mouth. Tbh, considering how clueless some of you responses are, I don't even think you know you're arguing just to troll, or that you're addicted to it.

You seem to like hurling argumentative fallacies on people's faces, so I'll treat this post as an informal logic piece.

People that argue, argue because they have a problem. To think otherwise is foolish, no one argues for the sake of arguing, as that would no longer be arguing. That'd be trolling, soapboxxing, a myriad of activities that are timewasting at best since the purpose of arguing is to solve a problem.

So let's look at this:
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:11 pm
If you're making a habit of just going to places with the purpose of arguing, that generates a very sad precedent. What happens when you run out of places to go? Or perhaps out of problems to solve? Will you create problems to have something to argue about? So you're either trolling, and seeking to stir things so you have things to argue about, or your addicted to arguing on the internet, and need to put things under a microscope to find problems with it.

However, here-in lies the elementary issue with informal logic: it doesn't rely so much in facts for its resolution, as it does for the end result of the proposition set by someone's arguments. You would be hard pressed to present undisputable facts during an informal argument, since they will carry bias. This is why hurling fallacies at people during these discussions just for the sake of it is itself what's called argumentum ad logicam, or argument from fallacy. Argumenting stems from good faith: both sides need to join with the possibility they are wrong. If you die on the hill, you just look foolish (which is what happens constantly, so much so that people put you in a bingo card implying you're baiting). You should watch politics recordings, like whatever TV broadcasts the senate or its equivalent where you live, and see how silly politicians look when they die on the hill their party stands for, lose whatever vote it was about and then either sit and slump on their lil chairs or mald with their political metafriends.

By the way, this is why I don't think you should be prevented from posting your stuff. Ad populum is a very stinky fallacy that people will commit, i.e.: "lmao Ekaterina is always wrong 'cos everyone says they're wrong". Nah fam, we're here as a funny group of gamers. It's, for instance, the purpose of me writing this shit down.

To hammer a nail that's been busted already, but in doing so present what is, indeed, an indisputable fact in informal logic (those are rare, I'm excited), here's a mistake you made (thanks to Lacran for pointing that out):
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 am As various European countries' jurisprudence holds, "it is human nature to want to escape".
The text you quoted is German legislature that prevents a criminal for being charged from a prison break if they haven't commited any crimes while outside.
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:53 am It is not viewed as acceptable to ignore bans from a community, because you are facing a minor inconvience and have a multitude of options available to you that isn't interacting with that specific group of people.
I opened up by comparing evading a permaban to escaping a permabrig sentence. Both of these are "minor inconveniences" in a real sense, and limited to the scope of this game. You and Crag were the ones to bring up real prison.
Inavertedly, what you did was bring up real life prison. I don't personaly hold anything against you for doing so and not knowing, 'cos I personally don't believe in holding someone at gunpoint for not knowing the origin of a quote.

You haven't responded to it yet. It's an excellent opportunity to say "actually, my bad, here's what I meant". You even get the opportunity to go "However, [x] point I made isn't invalidated by it". EDIT: I TOOK TOO LONG

Btw, all this stuff I wrote is way more than I ever got in college. I expect praise and ego boosting.

Thanks for comming to my TED talk.
Last edited by conrad on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693698

I took too long and Ekaterina already replied
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #693699

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm People that argue, argue because they have a problem.
This is nonsense. People argue because they have different opinions.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm To think otherwise is foolish, no one argues for the sake of arguing, as that would no longer be arguing.
(...) the purpose of arguing is to solve a problem.
So you took my words, which I wrote, obviously, under my own definitions, applied your own weird definition of "argue" to it, thus changing its meaning, and then put that new meaning in my mouth.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm If you're making a habit of just going to places with the purpose of arguing, that generates a very sad precedent.
Arguing comes about because two people assert different opinions. Whether they went there with the purpose of arguing or it just came about is irrelevant.
Calling it 'sad' is ridiculous. Would you call a debate between two candidates "sad" because they went to it with the purpose of arguing?
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm What happens when you run out of places to go?
There are always places to argue wherever there are people with different opinions.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm This is why hurling fallacies at people during these discussions just for the sake of it is itself what's called argumentum ad logicam, pr argument from fallacy.
I believe you are misrepresenting this fallacy, knowingly or otherwise.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm Argumenting stems from good faith: both sides need to join with the possibility they are wrong.
Of course I can be wrong. It's just not happened so far.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm You should watch politics recordings, like whatever TV broadcasts the senate or its equivalent where you live, and see how silly politicians look when they die on the hill their party stands for
It's not silly at all. I appreciate and admire the conviction of my political enemies, how zealously they defend their ideology even when it is not politically advantageous.

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm Inavertedly, what you did was bring up real life prison.
This is simply not correct. I brought up a real life philosophy applied to real life prison, but applied it to our own context. They then rolled with that to act as if I'd brought up real life prison.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm You haven't responded to it yet.
I didn't see a point to it. I did as above, they replied as above. I pointed out how they brought it up, and Lacran explained why he brought it up (to explain why he disagrees with the application of that philosophy to this context). What more is there to say on that point? I deemed that it had been exhausted and saw fit to not beat the dead horse.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm I expect praise and ego boosting.
Praise indeed. What an interesting piece to respond to. You've outdone yourself and everyone else on this forum.
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:53 pm I took too long and Ekaterina already replied
I was still typing my reply to you at that point. I was confused by this until I realised you meant I already replied to Lacran. You were a minute late.
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693700

im glad others are filling in and doing the essayposts for me thanks i'm taking a break, having a me day, no essayposts for 24 hours
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #693701

respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #693702

earnestly, ekat must be in some form of debate club or such along those lines
conrad

Post by conrad » #693703

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:06 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm People that argue, argue because they have a problem.
This is nonsense. People argue because they have different opinions.
Nah, this is the very basis in which argumentative philosophy is built upon. Aristotle's take was to separate good judgement from bad. Jumping on the premise your judgement is infalible and ending in that premise is fundamentally incorrect, and very, very arrogant, as demonstrated here:
ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:06 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm Argumenting stems from good faith: both sides need to join with the possibility they are wrong.
Of course I can be wrong. It's just not happened so far.
In the 18 months you've been here? Really?

The sad premise is perpetuated: you're addicted to convincing people that disagree with you. I'll just hope you find some sense before you reach an age where your brain becomes too rigid.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693704

kinnebian wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:14 pm Image
Is this Pink Floyd?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693705

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Second, tgstation doesn't ban people or "upgrade" bans because of thought crime.
Yes they do, idiot.

Perma bans dont encourage people to evade, you fuckin moron, because ban evading means your next appeal is immediately going to be thrown in the trash. Not everyone is a chimp mind with no impulse control like you, so many people DONT ban evade with the expectation that it will make their future appeal look better.

Furthernore, you fart guzzling boner, for someone who spergs at length about MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH MUH DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO you keep shrieking about i should be banned a lot for saying things you don't like. Grow a fuckin personality you dent.

You are arguing in bad faith as you always do and you actively degrade this community's ability to have constructive debate. Sometimes someone has to play devils advocate, sometimes someone has a controversial but valid take, but your rampant trolling muddies the waters and allows self righteous redditor jannies to point at anyone who actually believes in what theyre saying and lump then in with you and say "bad faith, troll, invalid" and clamp their hands over their ears. You fuckin suck dude!
conrad

Post by conrad » #693706

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:38 pm
Yes they do, idiot.

Perma bans dont encourage people to evade, you fuckin moron, because ban evading means your next appeal is immediately going to be thrown in the trash. Not everyone is a chimp mind with no impulse control like you, so many people DONT ban evade with the expectation that it will make their future appeal look better.

Furthernore, you fart guzzling boner, for someone who spergs at length about MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH MUH DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO you keep shrieking about i should be banned a lot for saying things you don't like. Grow a fuckin personality you dent.

You are arguing in bad faith as you always do and you actively degrade this community's ability to have constructive debate. Sometimes someone has to play devils advocate, sometimes someone has a controversial but valid take, but your rampant trolling muddies the waters and allows self righteous redditor jannies to point at anyone who actually believes in what theyre saying and lump then in with you and say "bad faith, troll, invalid" and clamp their hands over their ears. You fuckin suck dude!
Can you tone it down a notch? Jesus.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693707

It's human nature to try to escape. Well golly gee let's just eliminate all walls in prison and prison itself for that matter. Let's eliminate penalties for jail breaking too
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #693708

I would literally not hire someone if they claimed in a interview they never made at least one mistake every 18 months. Who do you think you're fooling saying you've never been wrong Ekaterina?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #693709

Quit giving people attention, especially when they're trying too hard to get it.

This applies both to Yobi and Ekat.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #693710

Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:56 pm Quit giving people attention, especially when they're trying too hard to get it.

Yeah...that attempt at reason was my valedictory. Some people are hopeless.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693711

Yes they do, idiot.

10/10
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #693712

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:11 pm
10/10
KENDRICK. WHEREEES YOUR CHRISTMAS HAT
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693713

kinnebian wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:11 pm
10/10
KENDRICK. WHEREEES YOUR CHRISTMAS HAT
christmas is over
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #693714

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:40 pm
Yes they do, idiot.

Okay, sorry. I will tone it down a notch .
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693715

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:17 pm
Yes they do, idiot.

i'd say the notch is exactly where its supposed to be for a good cragpost
conrad

Post by conrad » #693716

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:17 pm
Yes they do, idiot.

Legendary, no worries. Thanks :)
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #693718

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:03 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:56 pm Quit giving people attention, especially when they're trying too hard to get it.

Yeah...that attempt at reason was my valedictory. Some people are hopeless.
It's not worth it. Let me give you some advice - click on someone's name, then go to "Add foe".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you