Admin Bumbles Into Secret Drainer Underground Metafriending Ring

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Admin Bumbles Into Secret Drainer Underground Metafriending Ring

Post by Kendrickorium » #693751

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34424

this admin has stuck his head into the metafriend/metagrudge void, and will not be pleased should he climb all the way in (i'm not talking about Sun)
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Re: Admin Bumbles Into Local Underground Metafriending Ring

Post by PengisBungholius » #693752

Full breakdown of Pom's attack logs:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by PengisBungholius on Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #693753

Wolfmoy, I see you reading this forum, format your logs. This is atrocious. Put it in spoilers, put it in codeblocks, whatever.

And include links to where you got your logs from.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693755

I’m going to make a bet, this appeal is gonna be the appeal of the month.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Post by Wolfmoy » #693756

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:41 pm Wolfmoy, I see you reading this forum, format your logs. This is atrocious. Put it in spoilers, put it in codeblocks, whatever.

And include links to where you got your logs from.
I dont usually mess with this dark place, however fixed.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693757

The Wrench wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:43 pm I’m going to make a bet, this appeal is gonna be the appeal of the month.
WE ARE GOIN TO TEN PAGES BOYS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #693759

" They were arrested and later had admitted to being a 'drainer' and that all they did was 'draining' "lmfao
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693760

also, i'll say it, unless i see pom patel ACTIVELY MURDERING SOMEONE, i'm not doing SHIT TO THEM

THEY CAN DRAIN INFLUENCES AND SHOW OFF THEIR SYNDICATE TOYS AND WIZARD SPELLS ALL SHIFT LONG and I won't do SHIT UNLESS THEY ARE ACTIVELY FUCKING MURDERING THE STATION

BIG OL 'SUNSHINES DO NOT TOUCH LIST' RANKED IN NO ORDER:

Pom Patel
Gonk
Silkie
Jill Desouza
Willem Dafriend
Bobert Tunafish
I WILL ADD MORE TO THIS AS I REMEMBER THEM

STICK ALL THAT IN YOUR METAFRIENDING PIPE AND SMOKE IT.
I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY AMAZING INTERACTIONS IVE HAD WITH ANTAGS THAT I DONT IMMEDIATELY DUNK.
ITS CALLED ROLE PLAYING
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #693761

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:06 pm " They were arrested and later had admitted to being a 'drainer' and that all they did was 'draining' "lmfao
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #693764

Is this the end of the catgirl cabal?
Image Image
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #693765

This thread name is a solid 3/10. Needs more drainer puns.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693766

The Wrench wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:22 pm This thread name is a solid 3/10. Needs more drainer puns.
i made this in a hurry, i'm always open to suggestions
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #693768

My god, that appeal is far too long.

Actually yes, let's talk about making an appeal properly.

It's not like you only get one post, an appeal is supposed to be a dialogue. In your first post, try and work out what it is you disagree with the admin about? Do you disagree with the facts around the event that happened? If so, what exactly is it you disagree with?

or perhaps you agree on what happened but disagree on the punishment. That's fine too. we can talk about it.

By making such a huge appeal you're wasting your own time looking up logs where the admin probably agrees with you on what factually happened, and you're wasting the admins time making them read it. (and, of course, wasting the time of all the noble peanutters)
Kendrickorium

Re: Admin Bumbles Into Secret Drainer Underground Metafriending Ring

Post by Kendrickorium » #693771

Waltermeldron, Code Maintainer, has played a grand total of 27 rounds, majority on terry, in the last 365 days

do with this information as you will
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #693772

Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words. The following round and the TWO adminhelps from deathhasform and then Waltermeldron 20-30 minutes after the previous ticket I received over alleged metafriending with C4g/Pom Patel were rather chaotic, however here is my personal recounting of the significant/relevant events with the associating logs.
In addition to this, I was ahelped about suspected metafriending by deathhasform and the ticket was resolved without any noting or problems, later in the round WalterMeldron ahelps me about the same thing which I consider to be a blatent breach of admin conduct; to quote from the Rule page on the wiki:
"Don't interfere with another admin's ban or adminhelp unless requested. Feel free to point out important missed details or useful information however. Higher-ranked admins are encouraged to advise and guide other admins, but overruling someone else's ban falls to the headmins."
I feel that WalterMeldron's actions could be considered as interfering with Death's adminhelp/decision and a breach of admin conduct.
Could Walter answer this?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Post by Waltermeldron » #693773

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:47 pm Waltermeldron, Code Maintainer, has played a grand total of 27 rounds, majority on terry, in the last 365 days

I mostly admin and run events nowadays. Also I primarily admin terry so I was coming into this with an unbiased opinion since I don't really know rectification, c4g or wolfmoy
Archie700 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:49 pm Could Walter answer this?
I have
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693774

Rectification logs from the next round and stuff breakdown:

Code: Select all

11:49:14	OOC	Rectification/(Rectification) "What a salty deadchat last round"	(8, 248, 1)	start area
11:51:31	OOC	Rectification/(Rectification) "Alright, I play conrad kurtz, and my character had a personal vendeta against the antag in question because of previous interaction in the round"	(8, 248, 1)	start area
11:51:56	OOC	Lokuthewise/(Lokuthewise) "wait its not conrad kurtz the admin rectification?"	(8, 248, 1)	start area
11:52:27	OOC	Rectification/(Rectification) "I feel pretty justified in my actions that round, and I'm sorry to say that I was acting within the rules"	(8, 248, 1)	start area
11:52:35	OOC	Lokuthewise/(Chang 'Mr. Chang' Moert) "rectification what did you do?"	(114, 92, 2)	Research Director's Office
11:53:08	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "People are mad I killed an antag and then lied about it."	(156, 148, 2)	Fore Central Primary Hallway
11:53:29	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Yeah man"	(155, 148, 2)	Fore Central Primary Hallway
11:54:21	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Look, if they did not OPENLY ADMIT TO BEING AN ANTAG, it likely would have gone differetly"	(156, 148, 2)	Fore Central Primary Hallway
11:55:00	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "I was not admined"	(129, 130, 2)	Port Primary Hallway
11:55:38	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "I did not use any powers or meta information"	(126, 206, 2)	Arrival Shuttle Hallway
11:55:45	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "I played the game on the same level you did"	(126, 206, 2)	Arrival Shuttle Hallway
11:56:14	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "The first admin was a trainiee I think"	(131, 179, 2)	Fore Port Maintenance
11:56:24	OOC	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "and the second one wanted to have a look at the situation"	(131, 179, 2)	Fore Port Maintenance
11:51:31 OOC Rectification/(Rectification) "Alright, I play conrad kurtz, and my character had a personal vendeta against the antag in question because of previous interaction in the round" (8, 248, 1) start area

There were no previous interactions in that round. Pom and Kurtz' first interaction was Kurtz getting alibis from engineering. There were no prior interactions THAT ROUND. This sounds like metagrudging to me, or someone having such a grossly fragile ego that they took eating chips and pointing to be something that incites a shift-long manhunt.

11:52:27 OOC Rectification/(Rectification) "I feel pretty justified in my actions that round, and I'm sorry to say that I was acting within the rules" (8, 248, 1) start area

The rules in question were ONLY rule 4, given that Pom was actually an antag. The evidence against Pom didn't ACTUALLY GIVE POM AWAY THOUGH. Pom casted NO SPELLS. Pom had ZERO BLADES. Pom drew ZERO RUNES. Pom touched a door and was drainy. That's it.

11:53:08 OOC Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "People are mad I killed an antag and then lied about it." (156, 148, 2) Fore Central Primary Hallway

This is the first true thing Rectification says about that round. People got mad that he tried to kill an antag off shoddy evidence, and lied about that evidence to justify their actions.

11:54:21 OOC Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Look, if they did not OPENLY ADMIT TO BEING AN ANTAG, it likely would have gone differetly" (156, 148, 2) Fore Central Primary Hallway

The open admittance is Pom saying they were a "drainer" and that they were "draining." How is this open admittance when Pom also said they weren't a heretic multiple times?

10:20:21 SAY C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm not a heretic. I'm a |drainer|." (125, 115, 3) Central Tram Dock

11:55:00 OOC Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "I was not admined" (129, 130, 2) Port Primary Hallway

11:10:54 SAY Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Would you like to hear my take?" (181, 145, 3) Cargo Bay
11:13:46 COMPAT ADMIN: Rectification re-adminned themselves.
11:13:52 COMPAT ADMIN: Rectification deadminned themselves.
11:15:06 SAY Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Thanks for the pizza" (181, 143, 3) Cargo Bay

This IS explainable, it was for about six seconds, and readminning (apparently) is one click without any confirmations. It apparently also lags to readmin, making the six seconds more understandable. Still untrue to say you didn't readmin when you DID. Checking game panels and tator panels are logged, so it doesn't APPEAR that Rectification misused admin powers here, but I'm no admin so idk.

11:56:14 OOC Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "The first admin was a trainiee I think" (131, 179, 2) Fore Port Maintenance
11:56:24 OOC Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "and the second one wanted to have a look at the situation" (131, 179, 2) Fore Port Maintenance

this is really weird to say. does that mean he adminshopped or something else? Why did Waltermeldron want to have a look at the situation??
^written before walter revealed he ahelped twice, he misconstrues it here since it makes it sound like Walter wanted to look at it without an ahelp (which is what I thought at first)
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693775

Archie700 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:49 pm Could Walter answer this?
Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:06 pm Another ahelp was sent that they truly believed you were metabuddying, so I decided to take a look since two pairs of eyes is better than one and it led me to this conclusion. DeathHasForm allowed me to take over this ticket and thanked me for doing so because there is no harm in letting multiple admins take a look at a situation like this. Additionally, in post, they told me that they were fine with what I did and appreciated the second opinion. Also, I don't play or admin Sybil often so I was coming in as a largely somewhat unbiased opinion.
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693776

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:50 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:47 pm Waltermeldron, Code Maintainer, has played a grand total of 27 rounds, majority on terry, in the last 365 days

I mostly admin and run events nowadays. Also I primarily admin terry so I was coming into this with an unbiased opinion since I don't really know rectification, c4g or wolfmoy
you might've not had an overt bias towards rectification, but you clearly were biased towards them since they ahelped and you took their words at face value, and worked backwards to try and pin wolfmoy on this
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693777

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:51 pm 10:20:21 SAY C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm not a heretic. I'm a |drainer|." (125, 115, 3) Central Tram Dock
The context of the situation was that they were being accused of draining an influence. When you look at the context and what they said, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that they're claiming they drained an influence. I can't really imagine what else it might mean in that context.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693778

NO LOGS IN MY PEANUTS
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693779

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 pm
PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:51 pm 10:20:21 SAY C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm not a heretic. I'm a |drainer|." (125, 115, 3) Central Tram Dock
The context of the situation was that they were being accused of draining an influence. When you look at the context and what they said, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that they're claiming they drained an influence. I can't really imagine what else it might mean in that context.
whats wrong with draining influences
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693781

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 pm
Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:50 pm I mostly admin and run events nowadays. Also I primarily admin terry so I was coming into this with an unbiased opinion since I don't really know rectification, c4g or wolfmoy
you might've not had an overt bias towards rectification, but you clearly were biased towards them since they ahelped and you took their words at face value, and worked backwards to try and pin wolfmoy on this
I took no words at face value, I looked at the logs and came to my own conclusion, and my conclusion was that they were defending pom before they had even interacted with pom once and were straight up claiming that they don't think pom did anything wrong without any prior interactions in the round before.
The drainer statement made by pom is also something I immediately associated with them admitting to draining an influence. You can say that you're not a heretic, but if you claim you drained an influence, it's all the same thing. In any case, I saw it as them heavily implying that all they did was drain an influence and this was made apparent by the context of the arrest, which was that they were suspect to draining an influence. They could've been joking and wolfmoy could've taken it as a joke which is why I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but the appeal is more centered around how wolfmoy initially defended pom's action without any reasonable IC justification. The drainer logs just add onto this because it's very easy to see this as an admission of draining an influence when you're suspected of draining an influence.
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693782

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:55 pm

10:18:29	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "AI, is it really that serious?"	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
10:18:34	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I literally haven't done anything"	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:28	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Okay?"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:32	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "What did I do"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:34	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Besides drain"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:42	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "A girl can't drain anymore?"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:20:21	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm not a heretic. I'm a |drainer|."	(125, 115, 3)	Central Tram Dock

10:22:20	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I've literally done nothing"	(80, 150, 3)	Brig
10:22:29	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "But play with my pipes all day"	(80, 150, 3)	Brig
I'm going to post the full rebuttal to the ticket and stuff, but Pom also says a LOT that they're not a heretic.

Executing someone for draining an influence sounds like playing-to-win to me, personally
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693783

The potential metagrudging situation is not really related to this note. Rectification could have been metagrudging, they could have not. The focus of the ahelp and note in the first place are unrelated to the situations that occured between c4g and rectification after the initial arrest because that was not what was being ahelped, it was the fact that wolfmay subconsciously or consciously used his OOC relationship to defend c4g despite not having interacted once before in this round and the events that occured during the first arrest where they seemingly disregarded the drainer statements as a joke. Again, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt for that, but if they can't reasonably explain why they were defending pom before ever interacting with them and proclaiming that they're probably innocent and not an antagonist to the warden and other security officers, then this is going to sow doubt for no reason and give c4g an IC advantage due to some OOC relationship. This is why a note was applied.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693784

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:02 pm Executing someone for draining an influence sounds like playing-to-win to me, personally
I haven't read the full appeal because I don't hate myself, but
rule4 wrote:Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693788

This is LRP, not Manuel. Outing yourself as an antag opens you up for execution, nobody gives a shit that you're "friendly" and I didn't even realise that's what he meant by drainer until I read the peanut.
WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:10 pm I haven't read the full appeal because I don't hate myself, but
Rule 4 wrote:Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists
This. On LRP, rule 4 is king.

That said, what the fuck even is this note? Having metafriends isn't against the rules, only metagrudges ("metaenemies", if you will).
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693789

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:06 pm Again, I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt for that, but if they can't reasonably explain why they were defending pom before ever interacting with them and proclaiming that they're probably innocent and not an antagonist to the warden and other security officers, then this is going to sow doubt for no reason and give c4g an IC advantage due to some OOC relationship. This is why a note was applied.
Wolfmoy was the first to hit Pom in the first arrest against Pom. Wolfmoy arrested Pom. The reason there is a note is because of a suspected OOC advantage that Wolfmoy is giving C4g. Wolfmoy arrested C4g at least twice, while limply defending seemingly within the bounds of metafriending as explained in the rules:
► Show Spoiler
all (I think?) relevant logs for this specific thing:
► Show Spoiler
note that Pom is talking on the ENGINEERING channel, which I don't believe Wolfmoy has access to
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693790

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:10 pm
PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:02 pm Executing someone for draining an influence sounds like playing-to-win to me, personally
rule4 wrote:Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists
yes, but is the evidence that was gathered enough to say 100% they were an antag? Pom didn't cast a single spell or use a blade the entire round

also it's just kinda lame, people have been told to knock it off before for doing stuff like that as sec (Zyb comes to mind)
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #693791

does everyone not know what a drainer is or am i going insane
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693792

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:10 pm
yes, but is the evidence that was gathered enough to say 100% they were an antag? Pom didn't cast a single spell or use a blade the entire round

also it's just kinda lame, people have been told to knock it off before for doing stuff like that as sec (Zyb comes to mind)
Again, I haven't read the appeal, but from your post it seems they admitted to draining an influence? Yes, that is 100% enough to be considered an antag. (besides, we're not a criminal court, you don't need to have 100% certainty)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693793

junkgle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm does everyone not know what a drainer is or am i going insane
I dont think I know what one is but I'm a boomer
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693794

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:17 pm Wolfmoy was the first to hit Pom in the first arrest against Pom. Wolfmoy arrested Pom. The reason there is a note is because of a suspected OOC advantage that Wolfmoy is giving C4g. Wolfmoy arrested C4g at least twice, while limply defending seemingly within the bounds of metafriending as explained in the rules:
► Show Spoiler
You missed rule Rule 2 Precedent 3:
► Show Spoiler
Defending someone from an antagonist claim gives them an unfair advantage, it creates doubt. You better have a good reason if you're defending a player from an antagonist claim that isn't related to your persistent friendship or relationship.
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693795

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:20 pm Again, I haven't read the appeal, but from your post it seems they admitted to draining an influence? Yes, that is 100% enough to be considered an antag. (besides, we're not a criminal court, you don't need to have 100% certainty)
yeah the appeal has it, Pom only says they're a "drainer" and variations of that, as I've posted in the peanut thread. The only evidence is the drain ganging and the forensics/lack of an alibi
junkgle

Post by junkgle » #693796

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:20 pm Again, I haven't read the appeal, but from your post it seems they admitted to draining an influence? Yes, that is 100% enough to be considered an antag. (besides, we're not a criminal court, you don't need to have 100% certainty)
( didnt read the appeal )
junkgle

Post by junkgle » #693797

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:21 pm
junkgle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm does everyone not know what a drainer is or am i going insane
I dont think I know what one is but I'm a boomer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drain_Gang
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693799

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:21 pm
PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:17 pm Wolfmoy was the first to hit Pom in the first arrest against Pom. Wolfmoy arrested Pom. The reason there is a note is because of a suspected OOC advantage that Wolfmoy is giving C4g. Wolfmoy arrested C4g at least twice, while limply defending seemingly within the bounds of metafriending as explained in the rules:
► Show Spoiler
You missed rule Rule 2 Precedent 3:
► Show Spoiler
Defending someone from an antagonist claim gives them an unfair advantage, it creates doubt. You better have a good reason if you're defending a player from an antagonist claim that isn't related to your persistent friendship or relationship.
I missed it cause our rules are written in such a backasswards way, sorry, but shouldn't Kendrickorium be noted for posting what they posted in this peanut thread?
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:07 pm also, i'll say it, unless i see pom patel ACTIVELY MURDERING SOMEONE, i'm not doing SHIT TO THEM

THEY CAN DRAIN INFLUENCES AND SHOW OFF THEIR SYNDICATE TOYS AND WIZARD SPELLS ALL SHIFT LONG and I won't do SHIT UNLESS THEY ARE ACTIVELY FUCKING MURDERING THE STATION

BIG OL 'SUNSHINES DO NOT TOUCH LIST' RANKED IN NO ORDER:

Pom Patel
Gonk
Silkie
Jill Desouza
Willem Dafriend
Bobert Tunafish
I WILL ADD MORE TO THIS AS I REMEMBER THEM

STICK ALL THAT IN YOUR METAFRIENDING PIPE AND SMOKE IT.
I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY AMAZING INTERACTIONS IVE HAD WITH ANTAGS THAT I DONT IMMEDIATELY DUNK.
ITS CALLED ROLE PLAYING
this just makes no sense to me, the game is about incomplete information and we're allowed to have metafriendships and know eachother between rounds, lightly saying "well I dunno if it was them..." doesn't seem to be the situation that precedent is about (especially since Wolfmoy then went and arrested C4g)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693800

junkgle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:23 pm
( didnt read the appeal )
It's >5,500 words. thats 2000 more words than my dissertation
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693802

uhhh whatever here's what I have as of now about the note, I didn't double check it after this peanut really (except to use it to logdive for the specific thing Walter clarified this was about in this nut)

Ahelp ticket breakdown:

Alibi's amongst the engineering/atmos tech crew were collected beforehand by the detective, where Pom Patel was the only missing person. They were arrested and later had admitted to being a 'drainer' and that all they did was 'draining', which heavily implies that they drained an influence.

Let's establish the players in this play before talking about this:

09:47:00	GAME	ThatSlavicGirl/(Clara Shupe) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).		
09:47:00	GAME	C4g/(Pom Patel) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).		
09:47:01	GAME	Tax Fraud/(Morgan Holloway) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).

Our roundstart antagonists, note the fact there were two heretics this round at roundstart

10:07:20	GAME	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).		
10:10:39	GAME	Forgepillar/(Xil-Azala) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).		
10:19:59	GAME	Toodlepants/(Shem-Qezzurath Day) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).
10:34:44	GAME	Ilya Volyova/(Sentient Disease) has gained antag datum Sentient Disease(/datum/antagonist/disease).		
10:37:20	GAME	TypicalRig/(fire shark) has gained antag datum �Eldritch Horror(/datum/antagonist/heretic_monster).		
10:42:27	GAME	X900/(Cubato Tomson) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).
10:58:35	GAME	Grobelon/(Rick Hick) has gained antag datum �Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor).		
11:07:03	GAME	DeathHasForm/(red adult slime (876)) has gained antag datum �Pyroclastic Anomaly(/datum/antagonist/pyro_slime).		
11:09:58	GAME	Suede Falcon[DC]/(Spoiler Alert) has gained antag datum �Brainwashed Victim(/datum/antagonist/brainwashed).

Our midrounds/latejoins, note that Shem-Qezzurath Day (change that fucking name you ashwalker) was an atmos tech (though they arrived too late to be the drainer)

Our sec force:

Barthalamue Ortinboch, HoS (joined AFTER Pom's tracking implant
10:33:00	GAME	Satan On Wheels/(Barthalamue Ortinboch) Client Satan On Wheels/(Barthalamue Ortinboch) has taken ownership of mob Barthalamue Ortinboch(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(32, 126, 3)	Arrival Shuttle
which explains why he is absent for much of the Pommeling)
Tungsten-Carbide XXV, Warden
Lurks-In-Maintenance, Detective (but he asks the HoP to change it to "private investigator")
Conrad Kurtz, Sec Officer
Sun Catton, Sec Officer
Ed Foster, Sec Officer
Patton Kirk, Sec Officer
Ti Gar, Sec Officer

the alibi gathering and interrogation of Pom by Kurtz:

09:56:53	TELECOMMS	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) [Security] (spans: ) "Got a heretic rift in engi" (language: Galactic Common)	(126, 105, 2)	Engineering Hallway

<questioning engis>

09:59:52	EMOTE	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) points at the �analyzed atomized flow	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:13	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Mr Hardie is not here"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:19	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Hes supposed to be with you guys"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:29	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Really?"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:44	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Of you all have alibies"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:51	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Then the atmos tecdh"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:00:56	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Draws my ire"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:01:08	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Wanna check this door for cut wires?"	(124, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:01:23	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Nothing?"	(126, 103, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:01:36	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "I'll speak with the atmos tech"	(126, 102, 2)	Engineering Foyer
10:01:50	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Morning mr Patel"	(137, 83, 2)	Atmospherics
10:01:55	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Ms, actually"	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:01:59	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Now as you may have noticed"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:05	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Indeed sorry"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:07	EMOTE	C4g/(Pom Patel) laughs.	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:16	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "There is a bit of a fracture in space"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:20	EMOTE	C4g/(Pom Patel) nods.	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:22	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Just in the engineering lobby"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:25	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I've been trying not to look at it."	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:26	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "No signs of break in"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:38	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "All the engineers are covering for eachother"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:54	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "You are the only one with access despite them"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:02:59	EMOTE	C4g/(Pom Patel) shrugs.	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:07	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Dunno what to tell you. Maybe someone asked the AI?"	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:11	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "What have you been doing?"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:16	TELECOMMS	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) [Security] (spans: ) "AI question" (language: Galactic Common)	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:25	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Trying to figure out a good setup for farming water vapor"	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:32	TELECOMMS	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "What's your question solder" (language: Galactic Common)	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber
10:03:34	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I wanna make a trit fire but I haven't done one before."	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:36	TELECOMMS	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) [Security] (spans: ) "You let anyone into the engineering lobby?" (language: Galactic Common)	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:46	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "hrm"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:03:52	TELECOMMS	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) [Security] (spans: ) "Thank you AI" (language: Galactic Common)	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:04:00	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Well"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:04:04	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Carry on citizen"	(137, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:04:06	EMOTE	C4g/(Pom Patel) nods.	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics
10:04:09	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Godspeed officer"	(140, 82, 2)	Atmospherics

the detective hears this and tries to extort Pom based off the evidence so far collected (prints they just found and the interrogation posted)

10:06:13	PDA	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) ( PDA: Lurks-In-Maintenance to Pom Patel (Atmospheric Technician)) "Hello Pom. Fibers froma atmospherics winter coat were found next to a heretic rune. Sec is incredibly suspicious of you."	(136, 131, 2)	Barber
10:07:10	PDA	C4g/(Pom Patel) ( PDA: Pom Patel to Lurks-In-Maintenance (Detective)) "dunno what to tell u. i&#39;m just a drainer bro im just a vessel ! didnt mean to flex on u bro Im just a vessel ,"	(151, 74, 2)	Incinerator
10:09:56	PDA	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) ( PDA: Lurks-In-Maintenance to Pom Patel (Atmospheric Technician)) "Going to be honest here Pom. Without me you&#39;re going to get arrested. I mean, you are the ONLY Atmospherics technician on station. If I were to let this information out you&#39;d surely be lynched. But uh, I&#39;m willing to deviate the case in a different direction if ya pay me. If you catch my drift. "	(137, 131, 2)	Barber

later PDA messages between lurks/pal/pom/kurtz, where Kurtz reveals he really wants valid salad:

10:10:44	PDA	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) ( PDA: Lurks-In-Maintenance to PAL-9000 (AI)) "Is Pom alive?"	(125, 108, 3)	Medbay Lobby
10:11:11	PDA	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) ( PDA: PAL-9000 to Lurks-In-Maintenance (Detective)) "ye"	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber
10:11:16	PDA	C4g/(Pom Patel) ( PDA: Pom Patel to Lurks-In-Maintenance (Detective)) "literally havent done anything bro im just drainy bro your jealous that im drainy"	(152, 67, 2)	Space
10:11:32	PDA	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) ( PDA: Lurks-In-Maintenance to Pom Patel (Atmospheric Technician)) "That&#39;s a real shame."	(126, 110, 3)	Medbay Lobby
10:14:21	PDA	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) ( PDA: Conrad Kurtz to Lurks-In-Maintenance (Detective)) "Don&#39;t tell the AI, but this is a good candidate for &#34;reeducation&#34; Sent from my PDA"	(131, 99, 2)	Atmospherics
10:15:20	PDA	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) ( PDA: Lurks-In-Maintenance to Conrad Kurtz (Security Officer)) "Yeah yeah, don&#39;t make me get Involved in whatever you&#39;re going to do to her. Sent from my PDA"	(63, 151, 2)	Transfer Centre
10:15:41	PDA	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) ( PDA: Conrad Kurtz to Lurks-In-Maintenance (Detective)) "Whatever you say partner"	(64, 151, 3)	Brig

There's also this

10:13:02    TELECOMMS    Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Pom admitted to draining but claims to have harmed no one" (language: Galactic Common)    (190, 36, 3)    AI Chamber
10:13:08    TELECOMMS    Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Reminder they are human" (language: Galactic Common)    (190, 36, 3)    AI Chamber
10:13:22    TELECOMMS    Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) [Security] (spans: ) "They wont be harmed AI" (language: Galactic Common)    (131, 87, 2)    Atmospherics
10:13:31    TELECOMMS    Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) [Security] (spans: ) "Kindly dont kill pom" (language: Galactic Common)    (72, 123, 3)    Port Tram Dock
10:13:34    TELECOMMS    1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Would anyone else like an energy gun?" (language: Galactic Common)    (78, 149, 3)    Brig
10:13:36    TELECOMMS    IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) [Security] (spans: ) "Hereticsss are all the sssame." (language: Galactic Common)    (79, 151, 3)    Brig
10:13:38    TELECOMMS    Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Agreed" (language: Galactic Common)    (190, 36, 3)    AI Chamber
10:13:43    TELECOMMS    Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Suggesting perma" (language: Galactic Common)    (190, 36, 3)    AI Chamber
10:13:44    TELECOMMS    IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) [Security] (spans: ) "They act friendly until they can get enough power to kill usss all." (language: Galactic Common)    (79, 151, 3)    Brig

Kurtz lies to the AI, since he says about a minute later that he'd like to "reeducate" Pom (for draining an influence)

10:18:55	TELECOMMS	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Stun batons and disablers only" (language: Galactic Common)	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber
10:19:04	TELECOMMS	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "If you harm humans we aren't working together anymore" (language: Galactic Common)	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber
10:19:42	TELECOMMS	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "I will use the amount of force I deem necessary to prevent human harm warden" (language: Galactic Common)	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber

In reference to detaining Pom, solidifying a CLEAR REASON that Sun'd be against executing Pom OUTSIDE of the fact that the evidence was shakey (Sun Catton is a felinid, the AI is making a DIRECT THREAT to the nonhuman warden too)

the detective's evidence presenting:

10:21:05	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Detective" (language: Galactic Common)	(73, 154, 3)	Brig
10:21:15	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Can you come to the brig?" (language: Galactic Common)	(73, 154, 3)	Brig
10:21:47	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Detective!" (language: Galactic Common)	(79, 154, 3)	Brig
10:21:50	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Report to the brig." (language: Galactic Common)	(79, 154, 3)	Brig
10:22:11	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "DETECTIVE. REPORT!" (language: Galactic Common)	(78, 149, 3)	Brig
10:22:28	TELECOMMS	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) [Security] (spans: ) "I'm a Private invessstigator! And I don't work for you!" (language: Galactic Common)	(131, 127, 2)	Service Hallway
10:22:34	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Well" (language: Galactic Common)	(79, 152, 3)	Brig
10:22:41	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Do you have evidence that POm is a heretic?" (language: Galactic Common)	(79, 151, 3)	Brig
10:22:45	TELECOMMS	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) [Security] (spans: ) "Yesss." (language: Galactic Common)	(126, 108, 3)	Medbay Lobby
10:22:49	TELECOMMS	1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) [Security] (spans: ) "Please come here to explain it." (language: Galactic Common)	(79, 151, 3)	Brig
10:23:13	TELECOMMS	IcyManipulation/(Lurks-In-Maintenance) [Security] (spans: ) "Alright... but I'm only doing thisss becaussse Pom'sss wronged me before." (language: Galactic Common)	(111, 114, 3)	Central Tram Dock

Either the detective is METAGRUDGING Pom (seems unlikely, though he probably is metaing to a certain extent considering he attempted to extort someone who isn't known to be a play-to-win player), or the detective is referring to his failed extortion attempt (much more likely).

there was cause for sec to be suspiscious of Pom, given there were other heretics who were actually doing heretic stuff:

10:39:59	TELECOMMS	Blockaboo/(PAL-9000) [Security] (spans: robot command_headset ) "Pom is summoning or we have more heretics" (language: Galactic Common)	(190, 36, 3)	AI Chamber

I can see that Pom Patel clearly said [2023-07-11 22:24:59.446] GAME-SAY: C4g/(Pom Patel) "I WAS TOO DRAINY, WOLF" (Brig (80,150,3)) [2023-07-11 22:25:06.668] GAME-SAY: C4g/(Pom Patel) "I WAS DRAINING TOO HARD" (Brig (80,150,3)) [2023-07-11 22:26:09.645] GAME-SAY: C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm a DRAINER!!!" (Brig (80,150,3)) Why did you think Pom Patel was not a heretic when they admitted to being a 'drainer'. It seems to heavily imply they drained an influence
waltermeldron ➡ wolfmoy
2023-07-11T23:34:38
I figured they were just joking around/playing off the rather questionable arrest of opening an airlock near the rift. Wouldnt think that someone would logically confess to being a heretic after such a questionable arrest.
wolfmoy ➡ waltermeldron
2023-07-11T23:36:23
The arrest itself was not really all that questionable, and joking around when you're arrested about how you did something gives even more justification for them to believe you are an antagonist even if you try to double back. Also, at no point did they make it clear that they did not actually drain the influence after admitting it
waltermeldron ➡ wolfmoy
2023-07-11T23:37:35

Pom does say all of this, as well as

10:18:29	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "AI, is it really that serious?"	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
10:18:34	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I literally haven't done anything"	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:28	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "Okay?"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:42	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "A girl can't drain anymore?"	(154, 76, 2)	Incinerator
10:20:21	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I'm not a heretic. I'm a |drainer|."	(125, 115, 3)	Central Tram Dock

10:22:20	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "I've literally done nothing"	(80, 150, 3)	Brig
10:22:29	SAY	C4g/(Pom Patel) "But play with my pipes all day"	(80, 150, 3)	Brig

Reads VERY EASILY as a joke about the prints being found near a drained influence and Pom's lack of a solid alibi. 

"Also, at no point did they make it clear that they did not actually drain the influence after admitting it"

does NOT make any sense. Pom never admits to draining the influence. I'd wager that this is from the ahelp ticket that Waltermeldron had, as the logs NEVER outright say that Pom admitted to anything other than referring to the incident with "drain/drainer/draining"

Fair enough I suppose, but pom was given a tracking implant/released after that event. Are you implying I should have just perma'd or executed them for that?
wolfmoy ➡ waltermeldron
2023-07-11T23:39:34

this completely fair question asked after is limply countered by Walter (you don't have to do anything but you can't defend people you know), the implication here is that Pom should've been round removed because of the fact that joking about draining influences and forensics pointed to her as the culprit (which sounds a whole lot to me like powergaming at the expense of someone else's round)

In any case, you do seem to be friends because I notice Pom Patton calling you by your ckey 'wolf' and you calling them morgan, which isn't really indicative in either of your IC names. In the future, I recommend you avoid letting OOC relationships influence your IC interactions into giving anyone you know OOCly an unfair advantage like this. You don't have to do anything, but if you're actively defending them when they're self-incriminating and evidence has been stacked up against them more so than you would with the average joe, it's hard to not see that as metafriending.
waltermeldron ➡ wolfmoy
2023-07-11T23:41:10

Like I said, didnt consider that self incrimination but ill keep that in mind a bit more.
wolfmoy ➡ waltermeldron
2023-07-11T23:42:42

Wolfmoy makes a misstep by not denying the exceedingly wrong "wolf/morgan" thing, which just doesn't make any sense no matter how you look at it.

"I notice Pom Patton calling you by your ckey 'wolf' and you calling them morgan, which isn't really indicative in either of your IC names"

11:15:05	EMOTE	Jackary1/(Wolf Muddler) sniffs.	(122, 129, 3)	Maid Cafe
11:17:31    SAY    C4g/(Pom Patel) "Hi Wolf."    (126, 114, 3)    Central Tram Dock
11:17:32    SAY    Jackary1/(Wolf Muddler) "Kill AI"    (126, 113, 3)    Medbay Lobby
11:17:42    SAY    Jackary1/(Wolf Muddler) "Subverted"    (126, 113, 3)    Medbay Lobby
11:17:44    SAY    Jackary1/(Wolf Muddler) "Shocking doors"    (126, 113, 3)    Medbay Lobby

Wolf clearly walks by Pom at some point, so Pom greets Wolf and NOT Wolfmoy/Sun Catton, which wouldn't even make sense given that Wolfmoy was the INSTIGATOR of Pom's first arrest, and helped in hunting Pom afterwards as well. There's no circumstance where this would be directed at Wolfmoy in an OOC metabuddy way. That doesn't even make sense, nobody refers to Sun OOCly by their ckey.

"and you calling them morgan"

Morgan Holloway was in the round, and was a traitor. 

10:07:36	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "could I get some quad-sec?"	(121, 134, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:08:20	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "hit the robot"	(122, 127, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:08:22	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "again"	(122, 128, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:08:24	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "I dare you"	(122, 128, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:08:41	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "Thanks Morgan!"	(124, 128, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:08:52	EMOTE	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) points at the floor	(130, 131, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:09:00	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "I can make one"	(127, 129, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:09:02	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "real quick"	(127, 129, 3)	Maid Cafe

10:13:53	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "Morgan, if you are poisoning stuff"	(122, 129, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:13:57	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "Just use braccus's"	(121, 134, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:13:58	EMOTE	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) smiles.	(121, 133, 3)	Maid Cafe
10:14:04	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "Ill trust you!"	(121, 132, 3)	Maid Cafe

the "calling them morgan" part:
10:19:52	TELECOMMS	Rambo66872/(Ed Foster) [Security] (spans: ) "Bartender posioned captain" (language: Galactic Common)	(125, 101, 3)	Medbay Treatment Center

10:59:28	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "kurtz tried to KILL morgan"	(126, 125, 3)	Central Tram Dock
10:59:32	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "gah, pom"	(126, 125, 3)	Central Tram Dock
10:59:42	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "according to testamony"	(126, 125, 3)	Central Tram Dock

was a slip of the tongue, it wouldn't even make sense to use a different name for Pom here since Wolfmoy wasn't talking to Pom, they were talking to other sec members. This isn't even following the same logic as the "Hi Wolf" comment that came after, either. 

"In the future, I recommend you avoid letting OOC relationships influence your IC interactions into giving anyone you know OOCly an unfair advantage like this."

Sun Catton didn't give an OOCly unfair advantage. There was no advantage given. 1GlitchyCent/Tungsten gave more of an unfair advantage to Pom than Sun did. Sun had no say in the fate of Pom. This is such an absurd statement. 

You don't have to do anything, but if you're actively defending them when they're self-incriminating and evidence has been stacked up against them more so than you would with the average joe, it's hard to not see that as metafriending.

You DO have to do something, since Sun did the equivalent of nothing by just saying what their thoughts on the case were. This makes no sense to say given the circumstances of the round. If this is in reference to LATER events, then this makes EVEN LESS SENSE given that Rectification/Conrad Kurtz ACTIVELY LIED about Pom's doings to try and valid her. 

All of deadchat was against Kurtz. Security was against Kurtz. Nobody believed Kurtz, but Kurtz ahelped so Wolfmoy got a note. This is absurd.

10:16:29	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "Who?"	(82, 161, 3)	Security Office
10:16:43	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "I somehow doubt that was pom..\"	(81, 162, 3)	Security Office

10:19:30	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "sorry pom"	(153, 77, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:35	EMOTE	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) shrugs.	(154, 77, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:45	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "the warden claims your an EOTC"	(154, 77, 2)	Incinerator
10:19:53	SAY	Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) "I doubt it"	(153, 77, 2)	Incinerator

10:12:44	TELECOMMS	C4g/(Pom Patel) [Engineering] (spans: ) "I'm literally not bro I'm just a drainer" (language: Galactic Common)	(151, 65, 2)	Space
10:12:55	TELECOMMS	C4g/(Pom Patel) [Engineering] (spans: ) "I'm just drained bro" (language: Galactic Common)	(151, 65, 2)	Space

10:18:29	TELECOMMS	C4g/(Pom Patel) [Engineering] (spans: ) "AI, is it really that serious?" (language: Galactic Common)	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
10:18:34	TELECOMMS	C4g/(Pom Patel) [Engineering] (spans: ) "I literally haven't done anything" (language: Galactic Common)	(153, 75, 2)	Incinerator
SORRY by the way, I was telling wolfmoy to hold off on appealing so that this could all be in a NICE APPEAL instead of here
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693804

drain gang stay draining
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer

Post by Waltermeldron » #693805

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:25 pm this just makes no sense to me, the game is about incomplete information and we're allowed to have metafriendships and know eachother between rounds, lightly saying "well I dunno if it was them..." doesn't seem to be the situation that precedent is about (especially since Wolfmoy then went and arrested C4g)
I'm completely fine with players doing further investigation and the such to prove each other's innocence if they want. There's no problem with that. Saying you doubt someone is an antagonist when told by someone trustworthy that they are creates doubt if you don't have a sound reason for doubting their antagonist status. Additionally, in conjunction with the 'drainer' statements made by Pom, which they never went back on and, again, heavily implied that they were admitting to draining an influence given the context, continuing to defend Pom by claiming they've done nothing wrong when you yourself have not done any thorough investigative work is just not appropriate.
In any case, this is only a note, it was applied so that this sort of behaviour can be properly tracked because it really isn't appropriate to be defending a player like the way that Wolfmoy did initially before and during the first arrest of Pom.
junkgle

Post by junkgle » #693806

Waltermeldron wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:33 pm
Saying you doubt someone is an antagonist when told by someone trustworthy that they are creates doubt if you don't have a sound reason for doubting their antagonist status.

creating doubt in a game about doubt is bad
PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #693807

I'm completely fine with players doing further investigation and the such to prove each other's innocence if they want. There's no problem with that. Saying you doubt someone is an antagonist when told by someone trustworthy that they are creates doubt if you don't have a sound reason for doubting their antagonist status. Additionally, in conjunction with the 'drainer' statements made by Pom, which they never went back on and, again, was heavily implying that they were admitting to draining an influence given the context, continuing to defend Pom by claiming they've done nothing wrong when you yourself have not done any thorough investigative work is just not appropriate.
In any case, this is only a note, it was applied so that this sort of behaviour can be properly tracked because it really isn't appropriate to be defending a player like the way that Wolfmoy did initially before and during the first arrest of Pom.
I doubt I can convince you on the drain gang stuff, since I've already posted logs of Pom seeming to make a distinction between the two and you apparently don't think they're substantial enough

Also, the warden later said:

10:47:56 SAY 1GlitchyCent/(Tungsten-Carbide XXV) "BACKUP, ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE. POM PATEL CONFIRMED HOSTILE, UNIDENTIFIED CODE 312." (161, 97, 2) Lesser Starboard Maintenance

to which Sun rushed to their defense (and then chastised them when tungsten revealed he misspoke)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693808

as Captain, i've found syndicate items in players' bags and simply wagged my finger at them and sent them on their way
I've seen cultists and heretics put away their funny hands in front of me, I tch tch'd them and sent them on their way
I've watched people VERY OBVIOUSLY plant bugs in my office, I pretend to keep examining the comms console as they go on their way

am I going to get noted for metafriending in all of these interactions now?
did Pom proceed to go on a murderboning rampage after being backed up by Sun?

is this note silly as fuck unless sun is going up to other officers and pew pewing them down for trying to arrest Pom?

good lord. i need crag to make a crag post about this.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693810

PengisBungholius wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:25 pm this just makes no sense to me, the game is about incomplete information and we're allowed to have metafriendships and know eachother between rounds, lightly saying "well I dunno if it was them..." doesn't seem to be the situation that precedent is about (especially since Wolfmoy then went and arrested C4g)
I'm completely fine with players doing further investigation and the such to prove each other's innocence if they want. There's no problem with that. Saying you doubt someone is an antagonist when told by someone trustworthy that they are creates doubt if you don't have a sound reason for doubting their antagonist status. Additionally, in conjunction with the 'drainer' statements made by Pom, which they never went back on and, again, heavily implied that they were admitting to draining an influence given the context, continuing to defend Pom by claiming they've done nothing wrong when you yourself have not done any thorough investigative work is just not appropriate.
you havent answered me yet walter! what's wrong with draining influences?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693812

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:42 pm decent points
The only thing wrong about draining influences is that you have to be an antag to be able to do it. I agree with you that letting antags go if they've not done actual harm is cool and good actually, but we must go with the rules as written, and you can kill antags.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #693813

I like to read ban appeals posted on Peanut's Club, but this one is just too fucking long. I physically can't. My attention span is too short for that :^(
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #693814

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:45 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:42 pm decent points
The only thing wrong about draining influences is that you have to be an antag to be able to do it. I agree with you that letting antags go if they've not done actual harm is cool and good actually, but we must go with the rules as written, and you can kill antags.
But you don't have to. I will repeat what I said in Bus:
WARNING: MRP BRAIN ROT TAKE INCOMING

Personally, I think its good for security players to give some minor benefit of the doubt to Antag players that they know are going to make the round more interesting, vs. those that don't.
Ofc, I know nothing about this player and Waltermeldron likely didn't either. if WalterMeldron thinks that went too far, then fair enough.

AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #693815

Unfortunately, I have to put my input in here. I highly doubt the metafriends standard applies here. Sun was doing their job as a security officer with doubt. Sure, an officer with doubts is an exploitable officer, but this isn't exactly metafriendships that are resulting in unfair advantages. Sun arrests Pom as per protocol and ensures to check for evidence, despite doubts. Sun is thorough about Pom's allegiance, despite friendships. It is okay to be suspicious about your own officers, as officers can be not-so-thorough (as shown by the Warden's actions of using LETHALS [hitting Sun in the back of the chest several times over] and screaming a code 312 [enemy of the station] about Pom over... hearsay), and it's not exactly rule-breaking to simply... think like a human..? This was also proven that security could not be trusted after what Sun saw as incompetence, and was later proven in the logs as a crooked security team motivated by their own grudges and assumptions without substantial evidence:

10:46:22	ATTACK	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) grabbed C4g/(Pom Patel) passive grab (NEWHP: -1.4)	(140, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:46:23	ATTACK	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) grabbed C4g/(Pom Patel) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -1.4)	(140, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:43:19	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Shoulda done thios"	(134, 99, 2)	Atmospherics
10:43:34	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Long time ago"	(135, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:43:46	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "They'll find out"	(135, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:43:52	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "And I might lose my job"	(135, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:43:57	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "And go to prison"	(136, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:03	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "But its worth it"	(136, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:10	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "If there is one less"	(136, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:13	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Scum sucking"	(136, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:22	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Horrible excuse"	(137, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:29	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "For a crewmember"	(137, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:38	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Threatening the wellbeing of my station"	(137, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:44:55	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "Now its my turn to drain"	(137, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
10:45:06	SAY	Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) "The breath from your useless body"	(137, 97, 2)	Lesser Starboard Maintenance
Also, DeathHasForm might have given you the go-ahead after asking about ahelp number two from rectification, but when rectification didn't agree with the proper ruling of the first ticket, they submitted another, which may be seen as adminshopping. You took this ticket, but had all the right to refuse to, and potentially even punish this individual for not agreeing with the results of the first ticket. You might not be biased to the players in specific, but it's clear that you see the person ahelping as someone who is in the right over what is ultimately an extremely thorough security officer sticking up against an otherwise crusty security team who were too kill-hungry. They are security officers, not vigilantes. I'm afraid from my point of view, I do not think the "friendship" that Wolfmoy/Sun has with c4g/Pom is substantial to count as an unfair advantage, and the evidence presented in the appeal shows that you easily mixed up Wolf Muddler and Wolfmoy, and had substantial doubt about a traitor in the shift, Morgan, as Pom's nickname. I feel it'd be safe to say this is not of Wolfmoy's fault, as they are simply a thorough security officer this shift. Should they have round-removed a similar antagonist over flimsy evidence, then this might be seen as metafriends unfairly benefitting. However, there is none, and I would rather point this towards a push from rectification over a grudge to shift Pom into an unfair death over suspicions, which ultimately makes the round boring. Taking out antagonists over unconfirmed and lacking evidence makes the round fun for nobody.
Last edited by AlamoTurtle on Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #693816

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 pm
oh. Yes, you're right. This is a silly note. Everything I said was correct but is not relevant in this situation. My apologies for wasting everyones time. (write shorter appeals people, that way people will READ THEM)