Why do admins observe a lot?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Why do admins observe a lot?

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #694284

Whenever i view an admin's playtime on scrubby, 99% of their rounds is them observing, why is this? what is so riveting about observing a round?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Why do admins observe a lot?

Post by conrad » #694289

When an admin is observing, that's when they're adminning.

Not sure if this is a serious question but mama always said to presume the best.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #694295

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:12 pm Whenever i view an admin's playtime on scrubby, 99% of their rounds is them observing, why is this? what is so riveting about observing a round?
Because admins observe to well admin?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #694297

Less visibility into stuff going on when you’re playing. But admins should play more often. Or playmin even.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #694301

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 pm Less visibility into stuff going on when you’re playing. But admins should play more often. Or playmin even.
the thought makes me wretch. too much metainfo being thrown at you.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #694306

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:50 pm
Atlanta-Ned wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 pm Less visibility into stuff going on when you’re playing. But admins should play more often. Or playmin even.
At a certain point you’re just an actor. We don’t admin people who can’t handle seeing metainfo and acting on it. But it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #694309

You gotta learn how to see yourself as just another side character, unimportant to the main storyline. When you have that much info thrown at you, you learn to ignore it and move on with your pointless business. You obviously cannot be fighting a dragon when you got info over the location of every rift being made, because you yourself will try to act in good faith and end up confused, but you can choose to completely ignore the matter. The main downside to playminning is not being able to deal with tickets around you. So, if some non antag is boning and you get caught up in it, you can't take the tickets, which can suck if no other admins are available.

Overall, playminning is not against the rules, but it is highly discouraged.

Regarding Ned's post, I agree, but I would cross out the "Or playmin even" part.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #694315

a lot of times i dont want to commit to a whole round and just want to dm/shitpost/help people out

also im a little burned out on a lot of normal jobs and enjoy midrounds more sometimes
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #694316

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:01 am
You gotta learn how to see yourself as just another side character, unimportant to the main storyline. When you have that much info thrown at you, you learn to ignore it and move on with your pointless business. You obviously cannot be fighting a dragon when you got info over the location of every rift being made, because you yourself will try to act in good faith and end up confused, but you can choose to completely ignore the matter. The main downside to playminning is not being able to deal with tickets around you. So, if some non antag is boning and you get caught up in it, you can't take the tickets, which can suck if no other admins are available.

Overall, playminning is not against the rules, but it is highly discouraged.

Regarding Ned's post, I agree, but I would cross out the "Or playmin even" part.
Yeah, sounds about right.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
conrad

Post by conrad » #694318

I don't like playminning. Imagine you're like seriously immersed in a situation, maybe just going through the flow of your job, doing your lil things here and there, talking to peopl-BWOINK HELO MISTER ADIMIN IS THIS PERSON ANTEG HE KIL ME
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #694321

playminning is dumb because you have to be so unimpactful to the round you might as well just be doing the same thing in centcomm but with your powers, or risk (even subjectivley) using info/powers in a way that influences the round which would suck.

Admins also should play more (we have too many low hour admins i fear), but its a bit understandable why they wouldnt if they are already lost to the void of adminship.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694326

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:02 am Admins also should play more (we have too many low hour admins i fear), but its a bit understandable why they wouldnt if they are already lost to the void of adminship.
That's an interesting concept: "void of adminship". I feel like there could be many motives for an Admin to observe more than play, but, ultimately, it all boils down to how much the Admin feels like playing. I know this can sound counter-intuitive or silly, but sometimes you feel like observing and sometimes you feel like playing. If you look at my activity, you'll find that sometimes I'm in more of a mood to play and sometimes I go many rounds in a row without playing a single round. Furthermore, some Admins may prefer to do Admin work rather than play, which is fair, since you get funny tools to improve others' rounds and DM fun events, as well as solve tickets to keep stuff flowing smoothly. I see this common concern with Admins who do not play very often that they may go out of touch with the community, but that's not really a thing, in my opinion. I don't think that not playing for a long period of time will affect your perspective of the community and what it needs. Remember that, while observing, admins are still interacting with the round, even if it's just by watching it; adminning is not time wasted in a headspace full of tickets and policy pages. Nevertheless, playing is still highly encouraged for two motives: the first one is so that the Admin does not forget what it's like to be a Player, and the second one is to avoid burnout. It's really easy to burn out if you're subjected to a lot of pressure at once, and playing the game instead of adminning can help relieve a lot of tension. Many Players think Admins are just having fun doing jannie work, but sometimes it can be very stressful, especially if you're dealing with something you've never had to deal with before. I'd like to end with a small note: sometimes some players forget that Admins are Players too. Admins are nothing more than Players with funny buttons and access to hidden channels, trusted upon them for some ungodly reason to help keep tg a safe place where everyone can have fun and enjoy their free time. Sometimes it may feel like there's this huge separation between Admins and Players, but that's just optics.
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #694328

Justice is right. A lot of the time, the "void of adminship" is just admins realising there's a much nicer, less batshit toxic subsection of the community they can interact with. It's simple behaviour really; why would you play if you can admin? Admins are (mostly) only human.

I still try to play from time to time, recently my activity as dipped since I'm moving countries (I'm coming for you, Sybil), but honestly it has changed from stuff like roboticist and shaft miner which are roles with a bit more activity to janitor and cargo tech since it's a more chill job. Free access to the auto/service lathe also helps with printing out spray cans to foment my speciest arc.

If you want admins to play more, make an effort to be less shit. I believe that there are people who unironically want to be as shit as possible to have the "distinct recognition" of being the reason an admin burns out.
Last edited by conrad on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694329

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:28 am Admins are (mostly) only human.
Can we all agree that Stereo was not and still is not human?
Spoiler:
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #694332

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am
Add 307 for the true total.

imstereo2.PNG
imstereo2.PNG (17.39 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694333

AwkwardStereo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:41 am
<snip>
Did you just leak Retirement Home? :O
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #694334

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:42 am
<snip>
De-deadmin this man radio
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #694346

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:42 am
<snip>
i'll fuckin' do it again
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #694347

All questions about the ethics of playminning aside, it's just not fun at all. You can't commit to adminning and abusing the station with CC updates or silly gimmicks because you're playing and need to do your job/roleplay with people/do whatever. You also can't fully commit to playing because you need to stop roleplaying/doing your job at any moment when someone ahelps that the clown is killing them in maint for no reason.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #694351

If u have more living hours than ghost hours u r a fuking casual idk
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #694352

Admins want to observe ERP.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #694366

Playminning is something really only reserved for quiet low-interaction jobs where you dont care if you're having to ignore admin messages in the chatbar or occasionally have to hit f5 and spend the rest of the round cleaning up a stupid he said she said bitchfest between two shitters. Janitor and botany were always two classic roles where it worked ok, helping out the station without any obligation to really get involved.

anyone who has played sec or med while adminned should have their underwear run up a flagpole tho
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #694369

Admins don't play fr
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #694371

i'm about to enter this thread with some disgusting positivity

i still love playing because i like my community and it's never going to stop being fun having wacky adventures with them

i love adminning because i get to empower those adventures from the other side of the coin and make the round better for the people playing

i even get to abuse my position to ban people that i personally don't like and who have personally slighted me even in harmless ways

all positives 0 downsides baby
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694380

some admins (a lot) don't even play at all anymore

i've looked up multiple admins with only tens of hours played over YEARS of adminning

this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
conrad

Post by conrad » #694381

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:22 pm some admins (a lot) don't even play at all anymore

i've looked up multiple admins with only tens of hours played over YEARS of adminning

Gonna blow your mind.

Like detonate your brain.

Turn your thoughts to smithereens.

Did you know some PLAYERS also don't play anymore?

Like some PLAYERS have only tens of hours played over YEARS of existing?

I shit you not.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694384

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:28 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:22 pm some admins (a lot) don't even play at all anymore

Gonna blow your mind.

I shit you not.
Did you KNOW that i'm almost CERTAIN that there is a DIFFERENCE between players that play every ONCE in a WHILE, and ADMINS that admin EVERY day and PLAY (1) round every few MONTHS?

can you GRASP why that is SIGNIFICANT, and why SNARK won't make this valid FACT a NONconcern?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694385

I hate this mentality. I don't feel like it's necessary to play the game regularly in order to understand the rules or have a grasp of how it works.

I actually see this used more often as an ad hominem than anyone actually making a point about admins not playing the game.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #694386

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Gonna blow your mind.

I shit you not.
Did you KNOW that i'm almost CERTAIN that there is a DIFFERENCE between players that play every ONCE in a WHILE, and ADMINS that admin EVERY day and PLAY (1) round every few MONTHS?

can you GRASP why that is SIGNIFICANT, and why SNARK won't make this valid FACT a NONconcern?
The difference only exists if you put an imaginary wall between players and admins.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #694389

Conrad where's the reply you made to my post you COWARD?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad

Post by conrad » #694390

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:07 pm Conrad where's the reply you made to my post you COWARD?
There has been some recent drama regarding misinterpreting messages and misconstruing meanings in a very poor light and I realized that it could be done with the joke I made.

I'd rather avoid the headache. If that makes me a coward paint my belly yellow and watch me lay eggs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694392

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm

Gonna blow your mind.

I shit you not.

The difference only exists if you put an imaginary wall between players and admins.
there is a very extreme, thick wall, when it involves admins that are not players

i'm kind of baffled by how you don't understand that
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694393

Vekter wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:48 pm

I hate this mentality. I don't feel like it's necessary to play the game regularly in order to understand the rules or have a grasp of how it works.

I actually see this used more often as an ad hominem than anyone actually making a point about admins not playing the game.
i forget how the phrase goes, something like "a king that does not walk among his people is no king" something like that
basically when you stop playing the game or interacting inside the game with it's players, you are automatically becoming distant and out of touch as to why people do the things they do
someone else can probably explain it better than me because i'm an idiot
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694394

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:29 pm i forget how the phrase goes, something like "a king that does not walk among his people is no king" something like that
basically when you stop playing the game or interacting inside the game with it's players, you are automatically becoming distant and out of touch as to why people do the things they do
someone else can probably explain it better than me because i'm an idiot
The only instances I see this come up in are cases where someone on Terry will whine about being slapped for breaking the rules because it's ~server culture~ or something.

It's never actually relevant to the rules, it's always related to some other nebulous bullshit that comes down to "I don't like that I broke the rules and am now being punished for it". It's never used in good faith.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694395

Would you consider, for instance, iain0 to be an admin who "doesn't even play at all anymore"? Or are you leaning more towards a WaterMelon? Maybe going straightforward for an OmegaDark?

Regardless of who you pick, these are all good admins who do their job really well. Even if we look at OmegaDark, I must admit that I only realized they don't join the servers too much right now by looking at their scrubby, and the truth is that they still give really based takes when asked.

I'm not saying that admins should not play at all. In fact, I believe they should, but I feel like the correlation is weak and that admins with low playtime are not a big deal.

Playing a lot also doesn't mean you'll be an AMAZING admin. I used to play a lot before getting re-adminned and I fucked up 3 days in because I didn't pay attention to admin conduct.

I can understand the argument of "If you play more, you're able to sympathise with players more easily", but I don't feel like you HAVE to play, in order to be able to put yourself in players' shoes.

Edit: I just realized I pretty much repeated what Vekter said, but I wouldn't use a saying as an argument for this haha
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #694398

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:25 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm

Gonna blow your mind.

I shit you not.

there is a very extreme, thick wall, when it involves admins that are not players

i'm kind of baffled by how you don't understand that
I understand that, it's just that this extreme, thick wall is entirely in your head.

Listen, if your buddy got kidnapped and turned into an admin, and you don't see them in game anymore and you miss them, hit them up on discord, or on the forums, or somewhere. Talk to them.

If you believe you're being mishandled by an admin because they haven't played in an eternity, complain. There's a forum for that. Just bear in mind that just because they haven't played in a while doesn't mean their brains rotted into dust and they forgot how to spessmens.

I can't think of another scenario where an admin losing interest in the game due to being an admin (this happens by the way, I'm not denying it doesn't) and becoming an observer main is such a big problem that players would feel "concerned". Concerned for what? You're afraid you're gonna get banned, appeal and get denied by the conclave of admins that never play? I think MSO would nuke the server before he let that happen. (he's more active in admin conversations than one would think).

If you can, please enlighten me, as I am failing to understand.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #694411

this server is not a democracy
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #694417

every day for 7 minutes we gather in adminbus around an effigy of the collective playerbase and burn it while yelling and screaming to cement our hatred
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #694422

I try to play a bit more now than when I started but overall I just find adminning fun, Yeah some stuff like banning people sucks but just interacting with the shift itself is pretty fun and doing CC stuff, mechanical ahelps etc is just fun.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #694424

I'd like to play more but tgui bug is making that not easy

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694428

Can you turn off admin info when you play a round?
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694429

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:47 am Can you turn off admin info when you play a round?
You can press a button called "Deadmin", which takes all admin buttons away except a button called "Readmin". You essentially go back to being a Player.
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #694434

Justice12354 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:53 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:47 am Can you turn off admin info when you play a round?
You can press a button called "Deadmin", which takes all admin buttons away except a button called "Readmin". You essentially go back to being a Player.
It even changes your OOC color back to pleb yellow.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #694457

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:41 pm

Regardless of who you pick, these are all good admins who do their job really well. Even if we look at OmegaDark, I must admit that I only realized they don't join the servers too much right now by looking at their scrubby, and the truth is that they still give really based takes when asked.

fwiw for my case specifically I readily admit that I don't play the game as much as I should- I'm in the point of my time here that I mainly discord jannie and oldpost with advice that's still relevant to Current Time while being a little less than capable for knowing the who's who of current-day sybil.
I wouldn't trust my own judgement on who's the popular shitter for sybil right now, but likewise I *would* trust my judgement on an issue that's not going to change (or changes that I stay up to date with by just trawling bus constantly)

if you want to see me around say something on discord that's moderately racey and watch as I like
pour out of the cracks in the wall like a high-pressure liquid then reform in front of you and ask you what you meant by it

alternatively play on skyrat and get injured, I play a medical MEKA called Avarice
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694459

Sorry, suicide isn't cool and I don't read books.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #694485

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:08 am
After that joke, suicide isn't an option because I'm already at your doorstep to take you to the psych ward
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694536

Justice12354 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:59 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:08 am
After that joke, suicide isn't an option because I'm already at your doorstep to take you to the psych ward
The retiredmin stage