Random SS13 Questions

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Random SS13 Questions

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #694367

Why does looking into a bright light suddenly make you want to rebel against figures of authority? (Revs)

Why does the manus like heads of staff? (You get double points for sacrificing a head)

Do traitors and nuclear operatives have any form of loyalty to eachother? or are they going to murder eachother with guns and eswords?

Why does combining antagonists together? (rolling BOTH traitor AND changeling) not work anymore?
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Re: Random SS13 Questions

Post by serxule » #694372

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why does looking into a bright light suddenly make you want to rebel against figures of authority? (Revs)
hypnotizing flash (hence mindshield clears it)
Why does the manus like heads of staff? (You get double points for sacrificing a head)
more important person or something
Do traitors and nuclear operatives have any form of loyalty to eachother? or are they going to murder eachother with guns and eswords?
it depends on 1. what the player wants to do, and 2. the faction of the traitor
Why does combining antagonists together? (rolling BOTH traitor AND changeling) not work anymore?
its blatantly OP
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #694375

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why does looking into a bright light suddenly make you want to rebel against figures of authority? (Revs)

1. headrev flashes do mind trickery to subvert non-mindsheilded people, like hypnoflash

2. the command staff are the best of the best usually, so they are seen as high value targets by enemies of the corp (in this case the mansus)

3. the syndicate themselves are split into ~9 factions, each with their own opinions on the others, the nukeops are from the gorlex marauders faction iirc and their modus operandi is destruction at all costs, which can include other syndicates factions

4. The syndicate stopped hiring changelings, or all hybrid agents were lost in the field
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694379

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:16 pm

1. headrev flashes do mind trickery to subvert non-mindsheilded people, like hypnoflash

2. the command staff are the best of the best usually, so they are seen as high value targets by enemies of the corp (in this case the mansus)

3. the syndicate themselves are split into ~9 factions, each with their own opinions on the others, the nukeops are from the gorlex marauders faction iirc and their modus operandi is destruction at all costs, which can include other syndicates factions

4. The syndicate stopped hiring changelings, or all hybrid agents were lost in the field
number 4 is a pretty good answer
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #694445

How does the holodeck work? Especially the fake injuries and the becoming real when emagged parts.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694449

warbluke wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:06 am How does the holodeck work? Especially the fake injuries and the becoming real when emagged parts.
The technology contains a nar'sie shard.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694450

I'm gonna answer these in no particular order.
That is not the case. I think for RP reasons you could do that, but it's really up to you. No rules on that.
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why does the manus like heads of staff? (You get double points for sacrificing a head)
Because the buttons cause the person to implode. Seriously tho, It's just a balancing thing. Don't think too much of it. Maybe they ates all the peoples and got blacklisted?
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Do traitors and nuclear operatives have any form of loyalty to eachother? or are they going to murder eachother with guns and eswords?
There's, AFAIK, subliminal messaging and very fast psychological conditioning that happens and that causes the instant loyalty. I think there's less of "We hate nanotrasen" and more of "viva".
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why does combining antagonists together? (rolling BOTH traitor AND changeling) not work anymore?
hehe manus and heads of staff
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #694466

Arent headrev flashes completely normal, and in fact can be replaced by any standard flash from around the station in a pinch?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #694472

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:37 am Arent headrev flashes completely normal, and in fact can be replaced by any standard flash from around the station in a pinch?
yep its a supa secrit headrev technique
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #694488

kill

c*ders

no, not even syndicate agents/traitors of the same corporation are loyal, but more often than not if you get an agent card and communicate with the nukies they'll take you home

c*ders....................
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #694508

you guys are all wrong bout the first one…
It’s a reference to Men In Black’s neuralyzer
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Why does the manus like heads of staff? (You get double points for sacrificing a head)
the boring answer is because heads are harder to sacrifice so you get a bit more of a reward for it. the fun answer
is heads of staff are more valuable and juicy meat vessels to sacrifice for your heretical gods. blue blood and whatnot

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Do traitors and nuclear operatives have any form of loyalty to eachother? or are they going to murder eachother with guns and eswords?
No loyalty. Nukie turrets will shoot traitors dead if they go near their ship. Sometimes traitors steal the disk and give it to nukies though since that’s like the most traitory thing you can do
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Why does combining antagonists together? (rolling BOTH traitor AND changeling) not work anymore?
coders are evil and fucked up
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694540

sinfulbliss wrote: the fun answer
is heads of staff are more valuable and juicy meat vessels to sacrifice for your heretical gods. blue blood and whatnot

No loyalty. Nukie turrets will shoot traitors dead if they go near their ship. Sometimes traitors steal the disk and give it to nukies though since that’s like the most traitory thing you can do
The Manson family killed the Folgers heiress so that kind of adds up though I think she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time I think they wanted to kill one of the beach boys because Uncle Charles music career never took off.

You wouldn't be a very good agent if everyone knows who you are that's basically spycraft 101. Though maybe nuke ops should have a spare ID to bring home collaborators. On the other hand if I were nuke ops in war mode I'd probably say fuck glowies and run them over.