dawn of the second day peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

dawn of the second day peanut

Post by Scriptis » #694631

viewtopic.php?p=694627#p694627

couldn't make it 24 hours
Spoiler:

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: dawn of the second day peanut

Post by conrad » #694632

Game addiction is an actual serious issue.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #694636

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:56 pm Game addiction is an actual serious issue.
I'll be damned; Internet Gaming Disorder is a real thing now!
Wikipedia wrote: The APA has developed nine criteria for characterizing the proposed Internet Gaming Disorder: [9]

1. Pre-occupation. Do you spend a lot of time thinking about games even when you are not playing, or planning when you can play next?
2. Withdrawal. Do you feel restless, irritable, moody, angry, anxious or sad when attempting to cut down or stop gaming, or when you are unable to play?
3. Tolerance. Do you feel the need to play for increasing amounts of time, play more exciting games, or use more powerful equipment to get the same amount of excitement you used to get?
4. Reduce/stop. Do you feel that you should play less, but are unable to cut back on the amount of time you spend playing games?
5. Give up other activities. Do you lose interest in or reduce participation in other recreational activities due to gaming?
6. Continue despite problems. Do you continue to play games even though you are aware of negative consequences, such as not getting enough sleep, being late to school/work, spending too much money, having arguments with others, or neglecting important duties?
7. Deceive/cover up. Do you lie to family, friends or others about how much you game, or try to keep your family or friends from knowing how much you game?
8. Escape adverse moods. Do you game to escape from or forget about personal problems, or to relieve uncomfortable feelings such as guilt, anxiety, helplessness or depression?
9. Risk/lose relationships/opportunities. Do you risk or lose significant relationships, or job, educational or career opportunities because of gaming?
It's basically a gambling addiction/impulsive behavior disorder, and it's only a disorder when it fucks up your life.

That said, as somebody who played SS13 like 6 hours per day through my last few semesters of college, I'd argue that ""fucks up your life"" is a pretty high bar to set. For the sum of hours I spent on this game I did a pretty good job of stopping cold-turkey when I got a new job my workload tripled.

but I can't make any calls about the general state of the community without more data. The sample size I've got--the people that I interact with--is entirely composed of people that have real jobs, that go to college, and/or that are actually disabled and can't work. and axle brady. seriously, what the fuck does he do?
Spoiler:

conrad

Post by conrad » #694637

This is honestly compounded by the combination of the original ban being placed at 2 am, and that being "allocated SS13 time".

I do sincerely hope they're taking care of themselves.
Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:13 pm That said, as somebody who played SS13 like 6 hours per day through my last few semesters of college, I'd argue that ""fucks up your life"" is a pretty high bar to set.
I mean, the list you posted pretty much covers it. Did you lose opportunities from it? get distanced by loved ones? If not you're just running on cost of opportunity to doing things on your own, like, idk, playing the harp. And that's fine I think, since it's the choice you're making.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694641

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:17 pm This is honestly compounded by the combination of the original ban being placed at 2 am, and that being "allocated SS13 time".

I do sincerely hope they're taking care of themselves.
Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:13 pm That said, as somebody who played SS13 like 6 hours per day through my last few semesters of college, I'd argue that ""fucks up your life"" is a pretty high bar to set.
I mean, the list you posted pretty much covers it. Did you lose opportunities from it? get distanced by loved ones? If not you're just running on cost of opportunity to doing things on your own, like, idk, playing the harp. And that's fine I think, since it's the choice you're making.
absolutely all of this and what brick posted

addiction comes in many different forms, but recovery is basically the same. find a community or group with the same problem, talk about it, do something about it
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #694646

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:17 pm I mean, the list you posted pretty much covers it. Did you lose opportunities from it? get distanced by loved ones? If not you're just running on cost of opportunity to doing things on your own, like, idk, playing the harp. And that's fine I think, since it's the choice you're making.
My day job is research and development into accelerating foundational machine learning stuff and I'm moving to Portugal.

The secret sauce? Find the part of your addiction that builds a useful skill while still being fun and that engages you with a community of like-minded people that support you.
Spoiler:

programming is fun
'cuz, y'know, video games aren't like traditional addictions. There's stuff under the hood you can mess with. You can't really learn anything productive from crack cocaine. And it's better to get started learning how to fix your car before you try to fix a jet engine!

That said if you never get under the hood then it's probably bad for you
Spoiler:

Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #694648

Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:31 pm The secret sauce? Find the part of your addiction that builds a useful skill while still being fun and that engages you with a community of like-minded people that support you.
I was completely fucking addicted to SS13 a few years back, and the addiction led to me learning the basics of programming/coding so I could spite code IPCs to a tg fork to recreate them with my own vision of balance.

I used to work in insurance but I now work in software.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #694649

NoxVS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:00 pm It's going to be hilarious when this gets merged and after a few weeks they come back and act like nothing happened
turns out I was being way too generous
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
conrad

Post by conrad » #694650

Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:31 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:17 pm I mean, the list you posted pretty much covers it. Did you lose opportunities from it? get distanced by loved ones? If not you're just running on cost of opportunity to doing things on your own, like, idk, playing the harp. And that's fine I think, since it's the choice you're making.
My day job is research and development into accelerating foundational machine learning stuff and I'm moving to Portugal.

The secret sauce? Find the part of your addiction that builds a useful skill while still being fun and that engages you with a community of like-minded people that support you.
Spoiler:

programming is fun
'cuz, y'know, video games aren't like traditional addictions. There's stuff under the hood you can mess with. You can't really learn anything productive from crack cocaine. And it's better to get started learning how to fix your car before you try to fix a jet engine!

I really liked reading this. This is awesome dude. Best of luck and godspeed on your move and whatever new endavours you face.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694656

WEAK
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #694662

they always come back...
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #694693

Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:55 pm viewtopic.php?p=694627#p694627

couldn't make it 24 hours
Scriptis, please ban this man again. He is taking the game way to far, and im concerned about his well being. He said he takes Adderall to click better, like honestly I am concerned.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #694704

Everything that is typed into the tg station forums is entirely true, and nobody has ever been able to press caps lock without screaming and crying behind the screen. In fact everyone on the internet is highly emotional and unstable except for me because im better than you so basically you need to get a hold of yourself, not tehrealzsomeeh(unless you are tehrealzsomeeh), YOU need to get a grip and get your life sorted out b4 you continue interacting with me. My assumptions that your life is objectively a shitshow will not be dashed until you begin agreeing with me and I will pat myself on the back for being such a great influence on internets strangers lives until which point that you disagree with me again at which point it will be clear that you have some serious problems and you need therapy or if i judge you to be immature(while ignoring that the internet is and will always be mostly children) I will tell you to go to college because my entire worldview was derived from my taking out scam loans. Got it?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694715

Scriptis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:31 pm

Spoiler:

programming is fun

What is expression 2?

Furthermore what is this stuff about videogaming addiction. Alcoholics literally die if they quit cold turkey. Gamblers lose their homes because every time they pull the lever it costs money and the games have house advantage built in. You people are addicted to a video game that's free. Your worst case scenario is that you're mismanaging your time.
https://youtu.be/DwBebtcx-Y0
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #694737

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:22 am Furthermore what is this stuff about videogaming addiction. Alcoholics literally die if they quit cold turkey. Gamblers lose their homes because every time they pull the lever it costs money and the games have house advantage built in. You people are addicted to a video game that's free. Your worst case scenario is that you're mismanaging your time.
did you read my first post? the WHO recognizes the existence of compulsive disorders directly related to gaming (read: video game addiction)

we're not talking about time wasting. we're talking about people who play video games 18 hours per day and then lose their homes because they stop paying rent

time wasting isn't a disorder (stop booing me)
Last edited by Scriptis on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694738

Scriptis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:27 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:22 am Furthermore what is this stuff about videogaming addiction. Alcoholics literally die if they quit cold turkey. Gamblers lose their homes because every time they pull the lever it costs money and the games have house advantage built in. You people are addicted to a video game that's free. Your worst case scenario is that you're mismanaging your time.
did you read my first post? the WHO recognizes the existence of compulsive disorders directly related to gaming (read: video game addiction) as a compulsive disorder

we're not talking about time wasting. we're talking about people who play video games 18 hours per day and then lose their homes because they stop paying rent

time wasting isn't a disorder (stop booing me)
Boo this man!
conrad

Post by conrad » #694739

What a rancid, uninformed take. At worst parents don't feed their children and they starve to death.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694744

conrad wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:35 am
What a rancid, uninformed take. At worst parents don't feed their children and they starve to death.
Anybody can stop feeding their children you don't have to be addicted to gaming to do that. No child has been born with fetal gaming syndrome. Alcoholism and drug addictions have fetal consequences, higher risks of cancer, and a whole plethora of health effects caused by the substances themselves which make a gaming addiction a joke in comparison.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694746

When a gamer stops feeding their children they're victims of a disease. Conversely when I stop feeding my children they call me an asshole. It's just not fair.
conrad

Post by conrad » #694747

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:10 am
Anybody can stop feeding their children you don't have to be addicted to gaming to do that. No child has been born with fetal gaming syndrome. Alcoholism and drug addictions have fetal consequences, higher risks of cancer, and a whole plethora of health effects caused by the substances themselves which make a gaming addiction a joke in comparison.
Why are you taking life-destroying habits and making a competition of which is worse?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #694748

conrad wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:18 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:10 am
Why are you taking life-destroying habits and making a competition of which is worse?
Why did the first team climb everest? I mean, not now. Nowadays Everest is just an expensive tourist trap where the sherpas do all the work for you. But there's a worst habit out there, somewhere. And somebody will find it.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #694948

im getting some strong terbs vibes from this appeal.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #695074

What the fuck is "terbs vibes"? I got nothing useful from Google.