CQC tips

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

CQC tips

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694803

Hey its you cqcer here, just a pro tip for every chef when theres that annoying fuck throwing stools over the counter, just hit yourself twice face towards the target and you will fly towards them due to the knockback on the harm
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Re: CQC tips

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694809

hey and you know maybe doing antagonize the chef like ever, like ever ever ever its a bad idea
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694812

more roles need more special snowflake shit to make them unique

for instance, as captain, i should be able to instantly delimb with my sabre when on harm intent (coders do this)
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694813

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:09 pm more roles need more special snowflake shit to make them unique

for instance, as captain, i should be able to instantly delimb with my sabre when on harm intent (coders do this)
DIE cqc TIPS ONLY GIVE SOME KENDRICK
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694814

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:09 pm more roles need more special snowflake shit to make them unique

another great example, the HOS could be granted a voice of god command, LAY DOWN, which gives all assistants a 1 second stun
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694820

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:16 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:13 pm

another great example, the HOS could be granted a voice of god command, LAY DOWN, which gives all assistants a 1 second stun
HOS nerf when
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #694822

Lawyer needs a martial art that makes thrown stamps embed in a target
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694825

Lacran wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:54 pm Lawyer needs a martial art that makes thrown stamps embed in a target
thrown pens i think work better
16 brute damage with briefcase
a briefcase that does more brute damage the more head-stamped papers you have inside of it
the ability to activate an aura that makes people around you sleepy
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694826

Lawyer needs the bwoink sound to happen when they say bwoink.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #694830

let lawyers stun hit with the briefcase so dipshit sec will LISTEN when i AM TRYING TO DO MY JOB FUCK
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694832

conrad wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:24 pm Lawyer needs the bwoink sound to happen when they say bwoink.
the sound would get overused, and lose its terror effect on the noobs
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #694833

Lawyers can craft a cease and desist notice with a paper and stamp.

Cease and desist is a melee weapon that slows the target for 5 seconds by 20% it's consumed on use.

Lawyers can throw space law books at security. "Throwing the book" at sec stuns them for 1 second.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694882

do NOT give these lawyers a martial art, unlike chef they CANNOt handle it
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694950

hey can collectively not go into the kitchen at all infact because its so damn dangerous
Living God

Extraordinary Person

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #694961

Lacran wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:27 pm Lawyers can throw space law books at security. "Throwing the book" at sec stuns them for 1 second.
Given that the lawyer role is taken by shitters who end up acting just like assistants with brig access and sec comms, this is an awful idea.
dendydoom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:14 pm let lawyers stun hit with the briefcase so dipshit sec will LISTEN when i AM TRYING TO DO MY JOB FUCK
See above.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:26 pm HOS nerf when
HOS doesn't need a nerf, we all know every HOS except me is unrobust.
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:09 pm for instance, as captain, i should be able to instantly delimb with my sabre when on harm intent (coders do this)
Why would a blunt sabre remove limbs?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694970

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:23 pm
who are you
Living God

Extraordinary Person

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #694971

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:09 pm
who are you
Marina.

There's almost no overlap in our rounds in the last 6 months. I've only seen you a couple of times.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #694983

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:23 pm Given that the lawyer role is taken by shitters who end up acting just like assistants with brig access and sec comms, this is an awful idea.
then you gotta come check out manuel cus the lawyer's guild runs shit very differently over there, litigation is our only weapon and we shoot to kill...
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #694987

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:29 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:09 pm
who are you
Marina.

There's almost no overlap in our rounds in the last 6 months. I've only seen you a couple of times.
I know im the best thats why im so memorable
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Lacran

Post by Lacran » #694989

Lacran wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:27 pm Lawyers can throw space law books at security. "Throwing the book" at sec stuns them for 1 second.
Given that the lawyer role is taken by shitters who end up acting just like assistants with brig access and sec comms, this is an awful idea.

That's s not really the case on MRP. We actually have trials and CENTCOM officials. And not giving a role something because someone is going to be a shitter with it is an issue with virtually every role on LRP I'd wager.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #694998

Lacran wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:17 pm not giving a role something because someone is going to be a shitter with it is an issue with virtually every role on LRP I'd wager.
It's not because "someone" is going to be a shitter. It's because, on Terry, it's almost exclusively played by shitters who just act as "assistant plus", with access to brig doors and who can spy on security's radio channel.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695008

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:04 pm
Lacran wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:17 pm not giving a role something because someone is going to be a shitter with it is an issue with virtually every role on LRP I'd wager.
It's not because "someone" is going to be a shitter. It's because, on Terry, it's almost exclusively played by shitters who just act as "assistant plus", with access to brig doors and who can spy on security's radio channel.

Yeah true. Sharing a codebase sucks. Though it's probably the only thing stopping Manuel from going full erp
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695052

lawyers should not get any stun to use because security will just use a bigger stun and then treat it as an attempted kidnapping
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695076

Hey need to infinitely stun someone as chef? Lay down and spam grab or just spam grab normally be careful not to choke them though :)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695077

If you lay down and spam grab remember to grab someone again and then let go because of grab slow
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695078

the grab grab shove is a inferior sleep technique, rest and harm them twice for a better sleep tatic
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695089

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:54 pm the grab grab shove is a inferior sleep technique, rest and harm them twice for a better sleep tatic
another great idea would be the psychiatrist having the actual ability to heighten moods whilst in the psych office, would be really good for victims of horrible death/accidents or maybe an obsessed that could use a mood boost
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695092

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:39 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:54 pm the grab grab shove is a inferior sleep technique, rest and harm them twice for a better sleep tatic
another great idea would be the psychiatrist having the actual ability to heighten moods whilst in the psych office, would be really good for victims of horrible death/accidents or maybe an obsessed that could use a mood boost
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! YOU KNOW IT AND I SHALL NOT HAVE IT!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #695106

that's what the pills in the cabinet are for
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695184

please anyone someone... Use the dying art of GOOD CQC MASTERY
Living God

Extraordinary Person

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695276

c4g wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:13 pm
shrinks wouldnt know they scoff it themselves 90% of the time, like a toddler eating smarties
respect (let him do his thing)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695277

kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:45 am
c4g wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:13 pm
shrinks wouldnt know they scoff it themselves 90% of the time, like a toddler eating smarties
mmm yummie
NSFW: