Vote of no Confidence Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Vote of no Confidence Peanut

Post by mrmelbert » #694839

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=694835

I appreciate that they highlighted all the important parts
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Vote of no Confidence Peanut

Post by Vekter » #694956

You would think that, eventually, he would see that so many people disagree with him and something in his brain would make him go "Wait, am I actually wrong here?".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #694959

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:46 pm You would think that, eventually, he would see that so many people disagree with him and something in his brain would make him go "Wait, am I actually wrong here?".
It's 'cos nobody wrote it in five thousand words yet.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #694960

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:46 pm You would think that, eventually, he would see that so many people disagree with him and something in his brain would make him go "Wait, am I actually wrong here?".
Don't fall for the ad populum fallacy. The whole world could disagree with you and you could still be right.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #694964

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:22 pm
Don't fall for the ad populum fallacy. The whole world could disagree with you and you could still be right.
I mean, you're correct, but if literally everyone is saying "You're wrong", it's probably a good time to do some introspection and see if they've got a point.

You're not automatically wrong just because everyone says you are, but if everyone's saying you are, you might be wrong and should probably figure out if you are or not.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #694969

ekaterina wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:22 pm
I'd rather be happy than be right
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #694974

admin: bans player
player: appeals
admin: denies appeal by stating this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: shocked that the admin would treat them (a paying customer) this way
player: calls admin's manager
admin's manager: denies appeal stating this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: shocked that the manager would treat them (a paying customer) this way
player: calls admin's manager's managers

the near future:

admin's manager's managers: will eventually close this complaint because this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: shocked that the manager managers would treat them (a paying customer) this way
player: calls the manager managers manager (mrstonedone)
player: gets told they're dumb

the revenge arc:

player: calls admin manager's managers manager manager (/r/ss13)
redditors: lol dumbass
player: shocked that redditors would treat them (a paying customer) this way

the karen prophecy shall be fulfilled
Spoiler:

Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #694975

like it's not rocket science. admins don't want to deal with a master's thesis. you've a right to an appeal, and we've a right to tl;dr your master's thesis on the dynamics of player-admin relationships. keep it brief and don't lead with a college essay. you're talking to people, not your professor

this is a community not a customer support hotline
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694976

Scriptis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:02 pm like it's not rocket science. admins don't want to deal with a master's thesis. you've a right to an appeal, and we've a right to tl;dr your master's thesis on the dynamics of player-admin relationships. keep it brief and don't lead with a college essay. you're talking to people, not your professor

first thing i thought was karen as well
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #694978

I feel like I killed a butterfly in France and caused a tsunami in Japan
conrad

Post by conrad » #694979

Scriptis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:02 pm like it's not rocket science. admins don't want to deal with a master's thesis. you've a right to an appeal, and we've a right to tl;dr your master's thesis on the dynamics of player-admin relationships. keep it brief and don't lead with a college essay. you're talking to people, not your professor

If I see an appeal, sans logs, more than 2 paragraphs long, I will throw it in chatgpt (translated as caveman speech) and you will have to contend with whatever comes out.

I'm not paid to read.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #694982

Not my complaint to read and rule on.

/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694990

can i reply in the complaint and just say "didn't ask"
conrad

Post by conrad » #695000

Kieth's response was ungodly based holy shit
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695006

i'm so proud of our headmin posting his first essay... it's so beautiful
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695017

With my hands tied, it's up to Kieth to carry on the torch of essayposting for this complaint.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #695019

am
so
sick
of
players
this
perma
ban
RIGHT
NOW
!!!!
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695022

i look forward to the response essay that is well over 800 words
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695024

Scriptis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:56 pm admin: bans player
player: appeals
admin: denies appeal by stating this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: shocked that the admin would treat them (a paying customer) this way
player: calls admin's manager
admin's manager: denies appeal stating this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: calls admin's manager's managers

the near future:

admin's manager's managers: will eventually close this complaint because this is a waste of everyone's time, get over it
player: shocked that the manager managers would treat them (a paying customer) this way
player: calls the manager managers manager (mrstonedone)
player: gets told they're dumb

the revenge arc:

player: calls admin manager's managers manager manager (/r/ss13)
redditors: lol dumbass
player: shocked that redditors would treat them (a paying customer) this way

the karen prophecy shall be fulfilled
The endgame is he starts calling cloudfare and gets tgstation kicked off the clearnet.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695033

Seeing your friends reaction about this appeal
this is false i hate everyone on the forums
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #695041

Kieth gives him an olive branch. He provided an opportunity to calm down and understand that he's not gonna achieve much, and to move on. He even leaves it open ended. All the dude needs is a shotgun and excellent points to murder the ocelot.

Dude then lags, shoots his own foot five times and dies on the exact same hill of "I did nothing wrong."
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695042

As I stated there, my objective was the removal of the notes simply because I don't think what I did at the round even if ruled out to be wrong (which was since I served the ban), deserved the treatment I received on the points I highlighted from the ban appeal. Again, the length of the ban quite wasn't the issue despite what some of your friends said.
"i'm not complaining about the ban because what i did was wrong but i want the note removed because no one can point specifically to a rule that says 'you can't shoot your own teammates when the lag demon has stolen control of your mortal form' so i did nothing wrong"

i wish this dude the best of luck but there is no more help that can be given to them. we don't have a strict list of actions that you are and aren't allowed to do because this is not that sort of game and it's not the sort of environment we foster. we have general rules about the attitude we expect from players when they engage with the shared creative space, and if we see conduct that we don't find in line with those guidelines then we have a conversation with you about it and note it so that there's a formal record of what you've been told and who made the ruling.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #695193

I've not seen a man seen so full of gusto and energy since I saw a DJ do a line of coke off a record player at a rave