Notes ARE Punishment Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Notes ARE Punishment Peanut

Post by Chadley » #695112

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34501
Sightld2 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:28 am I understand that you have played this game for a significant time, but I haven't gone digging back a decade or fourteen years for these notes. Just a couple years. I acknowledge still, that a couple of years is quite some time to be looking back, but when I look at such a time frame on any other player, I have yet to see a similar case of one breaking the same rule 6 times.
14 days is a long time, even more so when you're basing it off the last 2 years. Fading notes are not a real concept. Especially with an active player like Crag.
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: Notes ARE Punishment Peanut

Post by ekaterina » #695285

Fren256 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:49 am I never say thanks to admins in ahelps, it's basically bootlicking
I so hope this isn't ironic. Did Fren become based overnight?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #695300

I wouldnt say thanks if I got banned by an admin, I would if I ahelped like a mechanical or rule question though
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695315

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:32 pm I wouldnt say thanks if I got banned by an admin, I would if I ahelped like a mechanical or rule question though
That's what I was thinking too. Why would you thank someone for harming or inconveniencing you? I've seen people do it but I don't understand it. Maybe they say it without really thinking about what they're saying?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #695320

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:34 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:32 pm I wouldnt say thanks if I got banned by an admin, I would if I ahelped like a mechanical or rule question though
That's what I was thinking too. Why would you thank someone for harming or inconveniencing you? I've seen people do it but I don't understand it. Maybe they say it without really thinking about what they're saying?
I havent seen it a lot yet, but yeah most likely just a default response.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695321

i generally thank people for their time when i'm asking for some of it (in the case of things like an appeal) not for the act of being banned. it's just a courtesy that is important to me to extend to others.

i don't expect it when i'm in an ahelp with players as an admin at all, whether it's resulted in a punishment or i'm just asking them about something. thank me, don't thank me, tell me to get fucked, stay silent and go back to playing the game, whatever, do what ya gotta do champ.

in fact, it would feel pretty weird to have someone say thank you in a response to being punished. maybe do that if you're looking to mess with my head, it'll work.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695323

im not thanking him for the ban im thanking him for shortening it 4 days in response to my appeal you goobers
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695328

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:51 pm im not thanking him for the ban im thanking him for shortening it 4 days in response to my appeal you goobers
sorry crag this thread has spun so far out of control that i actually forgot it was about your appeal.
NSFW:
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #695336

I don't like this ban
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695338

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:51 pm im not thanking him for the ban im thanking him for shortening it 4 days in response to my appeal you goobers
You shouldn’t have thanked him at all. It’s like someone taking a shit on your chest, begrudgingly wiping half the shit off after you complain, and then thanking them for their hospitality.
Spoiler:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #695339

this thread rules but im too busy playing nethack to read it
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695341

Capsandi wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:19 pm this thread rules but im too busy playing nethack to read it
what floor you on and what items you got bro i love nethack

i actually prefer angband (frogcomposband for life) but nethack is still epic
NSFW:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #695342

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:16 pm
You shouldn’t have thanked him at all. It’s like someone taking a shit on your chest, begrudgingly wiping half the shit off after you complain, and then thanking them for their hospitality.
Crag did write the guide to getting unbanned tho
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695343

admins can, have, and will extend bans if they think someone is being disrespectful in their appeal.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695347

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:41 pm
admins can, have, and will extend bans if they think someone is being disrespectful in their appeal.
pretty sure that has never happened
headmins can extend it but that’s only in cases where the player’s being an insufferable cunt and even then it’s rare

what happened to you :(
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695350

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:47 pm
headmins can extend it but that’s only in cases where the player’s being an insufferable cunt and even then it’s rare

i got a 14 day ban for saying "i just wanted to play the fucking game", as was established in my appeal
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695352

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:52 pm

i got a 14 day ban for saying "i just wanted to play the fucking game", as was established in my appeal
no i mean in the past you totally would have stood up for yourself here

it seems like you’re taking a shitty deal because you’re afraid of the ban getting extended
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695353

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:59 pm

it seems like you’re taking a shitty deal because you’re afraid of the ban getting extended
as i said earlier a headmin already approved the 14 day ban, i'd have to get all 3 headmins in the same place at the same time and convince them to overturn it, and the administrative staff has made it clear they're looking for an excuse to permanently remove me from the community. really rather not get fucking permabanned for sperging over an ooc in ic ban
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695355

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:02 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:59 pm

as i said earlier a headmin already approved the 14 day ban, i'd have to get all 3 headmins in the same place at the same time and convince them to overturn it, and the administrative staff has made it clear they're looking for an excuse to permanently remove me from the community. really rather not get fucking permabanned for sperging over an ooc in ic ban
that’s regrettable but fair
Spoiler:
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #695364

Ziiro wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:12 pm I don't like this ban
I don't think there's anyone here that does except the banning admin in question and a headmin Crag mentioned.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695369

Capsandi wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:19 pm this thread rules but im too busy playing nethack to read it
ayo nethack is dope
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695451

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:02 pm the administrative staff has made it clear they're looking for an excuse to permanently remove me from the community. really rather not get fucking permabanned for sperging over an ooc in ic ban
I REALLY hope that ain't true. You are a very good roleplayer from what I have seen. If I can get a specific vibe from a character that screams: "yes this is an interesting character I want to interact with." That is very good. And I got that. I have been able to do library RP with crag for a whole round. Was very enjoyable. You cannot do that with most players. They usually get bored and walk away when you start commenting on an artwork or whatnot. Not Crag.

I really hope admins are not looking for an excuse to permanently ban you. Heck, if they are, there is something very wrong going on in in the admin team. And I have trust in this admin team, it should not be the case. I personally think you may be overthinking things.

But again, you did get a week ban for OOC in IC. (After appealing)

God damnit.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #695460

I mean I wish it were not true either but it's unfortunately been obvious there's been an effort to build a case against Crag for months

He literally got a 2 week initial ban for OOC in IC, so I don't think much else needs to be said
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #695494

2 weeks for ooc in IC? Seems a bit harsh
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695500

I think it'd be more fair to put crag on a team antag ban than any sort of server ban, but I still think refusing to play team antag ruins the game and therefore deserves some kind of correction. Go set up your own private server if you just want to do surgeries without interacting with the server's game mode.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695502

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:44 am Go set up your own private server
I know you don't mean this and is using it to fuel the flames of hatred but this is a very unproductive way of fixing a problem.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695510

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:10 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:44 am Go set up your own private server
I know you don't mean this and is using it to fuel the flames of hatred but this is a very unproductive way of fixing a problem.
What problem? The fact that team antags exist in an online game?
I've set up my own server before when I wanted to experiment on my own concerning atmospherics without being disturbed. Otherwise I accept that someone might fuck up the SM engine and get the shuttle called early, a ling might murder me, or any other possibility outside of a controlled single player environment. It's a multiplayer game.
That's a "you problem" if you play outside of lowpop enough that you get pissed off that high pop game modes ruin it for you. I've never sabotaged a round willfully for another teammate, and I don't think that's a high level of expectation for someone, but I've had at least a few times where teammates have intentionally thrown the match for me. Considering they could play on bagil where it's always lowpop and not have that team antag problem I don't see why it's their teammate's problem.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695516

dirk can you do me a favor and stop talking please, the situation has been resolved, ban requests isn't a forum anymore, stop trying to turn funnylights into instant round removal because you're salty that people don't immediately jihad sec for 72 virgins
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695519

See this is why we should keep Crag around, always shits on people in the funniest way imaginable
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695520

like im not trying to be an asshole here fren256 but if the cause of the ban is "crag gets too mad that he can't play the game as the job class he signed up for" then making the funny light just instantly fucking ghost me and give some pinhead observer main control of my character is going to make me even more fucking angry because at least there's a possibility the rev head won't be a fucking absolute crybaby and ahelp me for reviving/healing potential converts instead of rushing sec with a scalpel as a FRAIL, GLASS JAW, SPACER on ICEBOX. literally one disabler bolt will cause me to EXPLODE INTO PASTA
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695522

It better be copypasta. And it better taste delicious.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695525

Timberpoes wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:35 pm It better be copypasta. And it better taste delicious.
For me, it's Manuel. The best tgstation server. I even ask for shortened ban length and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for time off a 14 day ban and they gave me six days removed. I said, "Wow, six-for-ooc-icks!!" and the nice friendly administrator laughed and said, "I'm going to call you "six-for-ooc-icks!"

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's six-for-ooc-icks!" and ALWAYS give me extra long bans. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local Manuel server, I go there at least 3 times a week when my ban is up for a dynamic antag round where I get instantly facerolled instead of roleplaying, 1-2 times for greenshift on the weekend, and maybe once for rev tide when I'm in a rush but want a great round that is affordable, over in 15 minutes, and can match my daily nutritional needs for salt intake.

I even post my salt in my own peanut thread, it's delicious! What a great server.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #695571

the idea that a rev could flash you and then you can't play rest of the round would make me just go anti revs each time

ngl though conversion antags aren't fun and the way we deal with this issue is by.. giving up players control when they get converted? idk people have been complaning about these antags for years (I still prefer clock cults conversion over blood cults)

you know we remove shit like old gangs because it's too TDM or this or that is too steamrolly but still alot of the antags in this game are still steamrolly which honestly is just how it's gonna be in a multiplayer top down clicker game that has stun combat and people of various experience. You can't balance it fully and idk maybe we should be more creative with solutions rather than trying to find a perfect one.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #695579

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm I even post my salt in my own peanut thread, it's delicious! What a great server.
Look, I was under the impression we were both content with this. If you're not, then I think you should still appeal past me to the headmins. If not this term than the next. My understanding was that it wouldn't be helpful to you at the time, but my entire point here was to establish that notes are going to escalate. So it IS helpful to you, if this one were to ultimately wind up removed, even if its in a couple months.

My intention was not and is not, to "build a case for Crag to get permabanned over ick ock"

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695580

Sightld2 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:46 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm I even post my salt in my own peanut thread, it's delicious! What a great server.
Look, I was under the impression we were both content with this. If you're not, then I think you should still appeal past me to the headmins. If not this term than the next. My understanding was that it wouldn't be helpful to you at the time, but my entire point here was to establish that notes are going to escalate. So it IS helpful to you, if this one were to ultimately wind up removed, even if its in a couple months.

My intention was not and is not, to "build a case for Crag to get permabanned over ick ock"
one of the headmins already told me the appeal would be rejected if i did that so i am still allowed to be upset
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #695581

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:48 pm one of the headmins already told me the appeal would be rejected if i did that so i am still allowed to be upset
Right, sorry I didn't mean to imply you couldn't.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695583

whatever. it sucks. i'm just going to get permabanned because some 18 year old admin candidate will see a note from 10 years ago and say THIS MAN IS A BLIGHT UPON OUR COMMUNITY AND MUST BE ERADICATED and once he permabans me he'll get voted in as headmin for life cuz i'm apparently the worst fucking person who ever played this game.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695587

That whole conversation just makes me angry.

I feel there will be no happy resolution to the fact that a good faith player that I like playing with is getting a week ban (after appealing) for OOC in IC. Because of reputation or something? Because they have lots of notes for a similar thing over YEARS? Yet this time the OOC in IC is almost edge case anyway? (It's not like crag is saying amogus or something, ya know?)

Please crag! There are three headmins for a reason! They may not overturn the note(it is fair technically) but may say bad admin for such a long ban time.

I just damn hope it doesn't keep going down the admin escalating bans till permaban. If that happens I will riot.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #695591

We don't always choose the reputation we end up with, but we do have to live with it.

There is very little you can do to repair a reputation other than try to demonstrate different behaviour over a long period of time.

Well, other than coming up with a new identity, but then you have a different game of reputation building to engage in.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695594

it doesnt matter if i demonstrate different behavior over a long period of time because some janitor will see a note from before they were even able to use the toilet on their own and decide it is still a Raw, Fresh Wound and my existence is pouring salt in it and I must be told to bite the curb and stomped for the greater good of their ego. nothing i do matters because notes matter unless the admin decides they don't, because the system is completely arbitrary and the admin team can't agree on any type of enforcement for anything.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695596

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:22 pm We don't always choose the reputation we end up with, but we do have to live with it.

There is very little you can do to repair a reputation other than try to demonstrate different behaviour over a long period of time.

Well, other than coming up with a new identity, but then you have a different game of reputation building to engage in.
The problem here is the reputation is very different in game with players in Manuel than with the admins, from what I can see here. Again. I hope this is actually not the case.
I remember a player asking crag in discord "hey can you teach me cooking next round we are together?" That's a sign of good reputation within players. I haven't seen a complaint about crags characters in game in my time playing.

If there is a difference between how admins see a player, and players see a player, there is something wrong with the system.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695599

Well there is definitely a difference in how players and admins percieve people.

admins perception is going to be coloured by the user note history and past admin interactions that they get reports of in adminbus.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #695600

speaking of the topic of notes and all of this I think

- all notes and convos with admins should be public 2 everyone.. transparency is important in ss13 esp since of the gap between admins and players and coders we have
- admins are allowed but dont have to actually let you know. being told that something is "dealt with" is always annoying and makes my paranoid ass think that they are lying TO ME.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #695602

celularLAmp wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:42 pm speaking of the topic of notes and all of this I think

- all notes and convos with admins should be public 2 everyone.. transparency is important in ss13 esp since of the gap between admins and players and coders we have
- admins are allowed but dont have to actually let you know. being told that something is "dealt with" is always annoying and makes my paranoid ass think that they are lying TO ME.
Low quality bait
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #695610

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 pm whatever. it sucks. i'm just going to get permabanned because some 18 year old admin candidate will see a note from 10 years ago and say THIS MAN IS A BLIGHT UPON OUR COMMUNITY AND MUST BE ERADICATED and once he permabans me he'll get voted in as headmin for life cuz i'm apparently the worst fucking person who ever played this game.
This is the prime example for my opinion.

Crag's genuinely putting in effort to try and be better and to improve, and history will always be held against him.

Don't admins keep saying "Admins usually won't even look at a note over 6 months old" and yet they're being held against him from years back. Someone as active as Crag would amass more than enough within that 6 month period that you shouldn't need to reach back.

So why bother trying to improve? It's not like it matters, if the past gets held over him forever anyway.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #695612

Only the latest note before mine was factored into my decision to place it as well as its length. I didn't look any further back until the appeal, at which point their use was not the same.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695616

Sightld2 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 pm Only the latest note before mine was factored into my decision to place it as well as its length. I didn't look any further back until the appeal, at which point their use was not the same.
Why did you bring them up in the appeal then? It seems counterintuitive that you would mention them if only the most recent one factored in.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #695618

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:50 pm Why did you bring them up in the appeal then? It seems counterintuitive that you would mention them if only the most recent one factored in.
I understand now that that was immensely confusing after a discussion in Bus. My point in bringing them up was to defend why I thought the ban should stay, which I consider different to placing it to begin with.

I brought them up the paragraph after this line:
Sightld2 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:15 am But can you offer me anything to suggest this really won't happen again? When it already has? Again and Again?
As a defense to why I think it should stay, and mainly, why I would be disinclined to immediately and wholeheartedly trust an "I'm sorry, this won't happen again."

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695626

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:26 pm it doesnt matter if i demonstrate different behavior over a long period of time because some janitor will see a note from before they were even able to use the toilet on their own and decide it is still a Raw, Fresh Wound and my existence is pouring salt in it and I must be told to bite the curb and stomped for the greater good of their ego. nothing i do matters because notes matter unless the admin decides they don't, because the system is completely arbitrary and the admin team can't agree on any type of enforcement for anything.
fax. they simply CANNOT help themselves.

TWO YEARS? DIGGING TWO YEARS FOR AN ICK OCK NOTE TO JUSTIFY THE BAN? sorry.. “KEEPING” THE BAN

until notes are literally struck from the record and expired, they will ALWAYS be used, will ALWAYS factor into an admin’s decision, either directly as in this case or subconsciously by coloring the admin’s view of the player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695646

fuck it
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695648

in my honest opinion it's an easy mistake (but still a mistake nonetheless) to assume all admins form some kind of agreeable hivemind around every decision. every discussion that comes up in adminbus is beautifully productive because almost always people are disagreeing and making their case on it. if you think my forum posts are long-winded, then you should try an evening in bus. there have been times when i've participated in a discussion, gone to bed, woken up, and the discussion is still ongoing over the exact same topic.

there are lots of admins, we all have way too much spare time on our hands and love getting into disputes. there will be admins that will pushback against a ruling that they see as unjustified or unfair, and will fight it on behalf of any player, including crag in those discussions.

as for notes, most admins will skim the most recent ones, others will view the full history. notes do fade, but there is a button you can press to open up a new window with the full history of notes. sometimes i don't even open someone's notes at all because the current situation isn't serious enough to even warrant it. i am looking to understand why something happened and then resolve it, not search for a reason to punish from the outset.

good luck with the appeal, crag.
NSFW:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695651

It's so baffling that Craig seems to be “down range” as it were because he’s one of the better Manuel players IMO (even if I don't see him a lot.)

Like, yeah, Craig can be a bit of a hothead but at least it makes sense when he’s frustrated. It's not like he’s calling people retards every five seconds or anything.

Notes fading doesn't even matter because subconsciously admins are going to be more likely to escalate if someone has a history of notes, even if the notes were six months ago. A “technically clean record if you just ignore anything six months ago” isn't remotely the same as “has literally never gotten a note” and it never will be as long as notes don't expire.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit