Peanut jokes aren't funny

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Peanut jokes aren't funny

Post by Vekter » #695233

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=695231

If that title sucks, it's your fault for not making the thread first.

Anyway this is the most valid a note has ever been, it's so easy to just not make rape jokes. Just don't do it. There literally never funny.

Also, b00t is misunderstanding how the word filter works. There's two word filters:

1) Hard filter - You cannot say the word at all, the game won't let you. This is for things that have zero IC justification to use, ie netspeak, things like "validhunting", etc. If there's no reason we wouldn't bonk you for OOC in IC for saying it, it's hard filtered.
2) Soft filter - The game warns you when saying it, telling you "This term is commonly considered OOC, only use it with valid IC context." and asking you if you still want to say it. This is for things like ERP, where normal use of it would constitute an OOC in IC violation but there are rare IC justifications for it, like when you're referring to an Emergency Response Party.

"Rape" as a word doesn't really fit in either. There's IC justifications to say the word and they're not rare enough that a soft filter would really be necessary. It's not something that's explicitly OOC. We could possibly soft filter it like we do slurs, but I think that opens up a can of worms with other potentially touchy words that aren't explicitly harmful but can be used in harmful ways.

It's way easier to just let people say it and bonk anyone who's making jokes about it.
Last edited by Vekter on Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Peanut jokes aren't funny

Post by Archie700 » #695375

We are not going to have a discussion with someone who jokes about rape like it's nothing.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695376

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:08 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:07 pm Thank you for quoting TBM to ratify exactly what I just said kek
try reading it again slowly this time.
I chose to ignore the part where you ask when it's ok to roleplay rape in SS13 for my own sanity.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #695377

Yeah that's fine, no one spoke up for the lad making rape jokes because you don't think that rape jokes are funny. I getcha, I better not hear you ever crying about this when we end up in that world that Sinful spoke of. The world where everyone is walking on eggshells afraid of doing anything that might be seen as "weird" by anyone.
Image Image
Boot

Post by Boot » #695378

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:12 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:07 pm Thank you for quoting TBM to ratify exactly what I just said kek
I chose to ignore the part where you ask when it's ok to roleplay rape in SS13 for my own sanity.
I'll never understand this doublethink here where at any point in time I am both 100% real rape roleplayer and just someone making a tasteless joke.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695379

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:15 pm
I'll never understand this doublethink here where at any point in time I am both 100% real rape roleplayer and just someone making a tasteless joke.
On one hand, you yelled rape as a joke, which is the distasteful joke.

On the other you asked when it's ok to use rape when in a non-joking manner. That is a very sussy question, idk what you're wanting to get out of this. Like, that's what sparks your curiosity regarding the word filter? If that's the case, man, apply hand to grass. People don't go around joking about rape. Well, decent people anyway.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695380

The fact that Sinful and Ekaterina made better takes than Boot about the note says a lot about how the deck is stacked against Boot here.
Boot

Post by Boot » #695381

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:20 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:15 pm
On one hand, you yelled rape as a joke, which is the distasteful joke.

On the other you asked when it's ok to use rape when in a non-joking manner. That is a very sussy question, idk what you're wanting to get out of this. Like, that's what sparks your curiosity regarding the word filter? If that's the case, man, apply hand to grass. People don't go around joking about rape. Well, decent people anyway.
Because if it isn't ok to be used in a joking manner(how I think that terrible awful things like rape should be treated in a 2d atmos spess sim) and obviously it shouldn't be used in a real manner(ERP) then you kinda are treating it as if it was hard filtered no?
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695382

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?
One could argue that it's not. Dying is dying. You're done with it once it's over. Sexual assault is something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

I don't even really think the comparison is relevant here. One of the reasons rape jokes aren't funny is because it can remind sexual assault survivors of their assault and trigger a PTSD response. It's an awful experience nobody should have to go through and, at least from my perspective, I don't think we should be okay with reminding people of something terrible happening to them for a little chuckle.

E: Boot you already lost, stop posting in your own peanut
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

conrad

Post by conrad » #695384

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:39 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?
One could argue that it's not. Dying is dying. You're done with it once it's over. Sexual assault is something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

I don't even really think the comparison is relevant here. One of the reasons rape jokes aren't funny is because it can remind sexual assault survivors of their assault and trigger a PTSD response. It's an awful experience nobody should have to go through and, at least from my perspective, I don't think we should be okay with reminding people of something terrible happening to them for a little chuckle.

Basically this. Victims of murder don't suffer from PTSD, by virtue of being dead. Someone with issues with murder (i.e.: people who are uncomfortable with it) usually just don't play videogames with murder in it. There a plenty of videogames like that.

You know you're buying into a game with murder in it when you play SS13. You're not, however, buying into a game with rape (jokingly or not) in it. There are probably games like that out there. I don't want to believe there are. I will put my fingers in my ears and go lalalala until my brain accepts no such thing exists. I will dash headfirst into a brick wall until all notion of such a thing existing goes away along with whatever sacrifice needs to be made.

lalalalalala
Last edited by conrad on Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Boot

Post by Boot » #695385

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:45 pm
Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:39 pm

Basically this. Victims of murder don't suffer from PTSD, by virtue of being dead. Someone with issues with murder (i.e.: people who are uncomfortable with it) usually just don't play videogames with murder in it. There a plenty of videogames like that.

You know you're buying into a game with murder in it when you play SS13. You're not, however, buying into a game with rape (jokingly or not) in it. There are probably games like that out there. I don't want to believe there are. I will put my fingers in my ears and go lalalala until my brain accepts no such thing exists. I will dash headfirst into a brick wall until all notion of such a thing existing goes away along with whatever sacrifice needs to be made.

lalalalalala
Mate you can't honestly say that when we literally have the rape aliens as a main antag can you? Or maybe you'd like to see the xeno's removed as to not offend the rape survivor segment of the community.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695386

Yeah, I can, 'cos every since I started playing in 2017, I never ever called them rape aliens lol
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #695390

oh i was the ahelper. the player also kept yelling the funny n-word-but-its-space. glad they got it denied
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695402

anyone that screams rape at me gets immediately killed in game

sure, go ahead and ahelp it so i can explain to the admin that a 12 year old thinks screaming rape in a silly spaceman game is okay

really disappointed in zion for this, and then even trying to appeal it

you fucking know better man
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #695404

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:32 pm
This rebuttal does not work. While literally nobody who's here has been murdered, there can be survivors of murder attempts.
It does, because if you're suitably scarred by those mechanics which form the core of gameplay (murder, violence) then you're just in the wrong place. If you're scarred by the other thing, well, it has no place here anyway.
conrad

Post by conrad » #695405

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:35 pm anyone that screams rape at me gets immediately killed in game

sure, go ahead and ahelp it so i can explain to the admin that a 12 year old thinks screaming rape in a silly spaceman game is okay

I like how Kendrick is the sensible, level headed member of the roudy bunch.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #695406

Rule 8 is literally just a codification of a rule 1 interpretation. We decided that we didnt want people smutting it up in dorms 4 or screaming rape when they get searched so we made a rule about not being erotic or creepy. Saying that the admin is incoherent for referring to both rules after they doink you for it is dumb.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #695407

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:35 pm anyone that screams rape at me gets immediately killed in game

Just make sure to ahelp it after you're done turning their skull into putty :mrgreen:
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695410

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:49 pm Mate you can't honestly say that when we literally have the rape aliens as a main antag can you? Or maybe you'd like to see the xeno's removed as to not offend the rape survivor segment of the community.
Nobody calls them that anymore.

You're literally just a 4chan poster who never actually grew up like the rest of us did. Fucking get your shit together.
Spoiler:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #695411

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 am The closest I come to it is saying something like, "I NEED AN ADULT!" in a humorous situation
holy shit dude? "I need an adult"? Your'e off the fucking Chain!
Boot

Post by Boot » #695413

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:26 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:49 pm Mate you can't honestly say that when we literally have the rape aliens as a main antag can you? Or maybe you'd like to see the xeno's removed as to not offend the rape survivor segment of the community.

You're literally just a 4chan poster who never actually grew up like the rest of us did. Fucking get your shit together.
Next time I want life advice from someone with blackface for their pfp I'll come asking pal. Now piss off.
Image Image
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695414

boot why do you act like a dropped child
respect (let him do his thing)
Boot

Post by Boot » #695418

kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:47 pm boot why do you act like a dropped child
Some blame the vaccines.
E: I am REALLY sorry if this joke offends anyone or they view it as weird PLEASE don't rule 1/3/8/9 ban me thank you very much praise Timber.
Image Image
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #695419

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 pm I gotta ask what what rule this note was placed under.
Rule 0.

Edit:
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:13 pm Yeah that's fine, no one spoke up for the lad making rape jokes because you don't think that rape jokes are funny. I getcha, I better not hear you ever crying about this when we end up in that world that Sinful spoke of. The world where everyone is walking on eggshells afraid of doing anything that might be seen as "weird" by anyone.
If you can't tell the difference between "I screamed 'Rape' when I got arrested" and "My friend threw a pie at me so I yelled on comms that they creampied me" then I really think there's no helping you, and if anything you're more likely to get us pushed toward that world.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #695421

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:38 pm

Next time I want life advice from someone with blackface for their pfp I'll come asking pal. Now piss off.
?????????????????????????

How the fuck is "Prince Eric with Sebastian's mouth and eyes imposed on his face" blackface?!

This is the full image.
Spoiler:

Boot

Post by Boot » #695425

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:13 pm

How the fuck is "Prince Eric with Sebastian's mouth and eyes imposed on his face" blackface?!

This is the full image.
Fantastic image.
Image Image
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #695426

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695433

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:13 pm

This is the full image.
Thanks that's absolutely cursed

The whataboutism concerning xenos is stupid because it's a well established sci fi trope in mainstream society by now but Alien definitely concerned that and similarly Kane being the male host was also a significant decision. But they sell action figures to kids from that IP now and it's basically uncancellable. Who's going to get offended by this specifically, tarantula hawk survivors?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695440

Apparently "sexual assault bad" is a controversial take for some people
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695449

Fren256 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:37 pm Apparently "sexual assault bad" is a controversial take for some people
Hey and maybe call me crazy sexual assault terrible
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695455

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:01 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm Bro will defend his right to joke about rape tooth and nail. 💀
I don't actually care about saying rape. The entire argument here, which timber ignores, is that we shouldn't have any admin come in and saying "this word is effectively hard filtered now".
Nobody said that besides you tho. The word isn't hard filtered, just like there isn't map tile pattern recognition code to do a 5/5/5/5 explosion every time someone draws a swastica with floor tiles.

What everyone has been telling you, that you seem to ignore, is that there is no IC reason for you to joke about rape. You want a rule? How about rule 3?
Its actually crazy how no one is able to just have a discussion about this. You come in here with your minds already made up refusing to actually read the appeal and somehow I'm the child here? Do some critical thinking for christ's sake.
bro it might as well be hard filtered but MSO is really against it, so admins just crack down on people that say it for dumb reasons like you did, is that so hard to get???
Boot

Post by Boot » #695465

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:42 am
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:01 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm Bro will defend his right to joke about rape tooth and nail. 💀
I don't actually care about saying rape. The entire argument here, which timber ignores, is that we shouldn't have any admin come in and saying "this word is effectively hard filtered now".
Nobody said that besides you tho. The word isn't hard filtered, just like there isn't map tile pattern recognition code to do a 5/5/5/5 explosion every time someone draws a swastica with floor tiles.

What everyone has been telling you, that you seem to ignore, is that there is no IC reason for you to joke about rape. You want a rule? How about rule 3?
Its actually crazy how no one is able to just have a discussion about this. You come in here with your minds already made up refusing to actually read the appeal and somehow I'm the child here? Do some critical thinking for christ's sake.
bro it might as well be hard filtered but MSO is really against it, so admins just crack down on people that say it for dumb reasons like you did, is that so hard to get???
"The admins really really really want it one way but MSO doesn't want it so they just do it anyways" If you don't see the problem here then idk.
Image Image
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695466

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:15 pm The whataboutism concerning xenos is stupid because it's a well established sci fi trope in mainstream society by now but Alien definitely concerned that and similarly Kane being the male host was also a significant decision. But they sell action figures to kids from that IP now and it's basically uncancellable. Who's going to get offended by this specifically, tarantula hawk survivors?
Also that scene was genuinely played for horror. You are supposed to be horrified at the facehugger and chestbuster scene because that's what Ridley Scott was going for with this.

Not some edgy rape joke that wouldn't fly in 2023.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695467

oranges wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:30 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 am The closest I come to it is saying something like, "I NEED AN ADULT!" in a humorous situation
Okay, I'll take after you and get banned from the Manuel discord for posting fart porn, then.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695468

hello
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695472

Boot wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:40 am "The admins really really really want it one way but MSO doesn't want it so they just do it anyways" If you don't see the problem here then idk.
This is incredibly based, actually
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #695473

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:55 am hello
hiiii :3
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #695475

This is clearly a rule 9 violation.
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #695476

The problem with SS13 is that you play and roleplay as a job. Therefore, what may be considered decent or normal in attitude is still based on real-life work professionalism (even though there are murders in the game), which some players may not be familiar with because, well, not everyone has a job
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #695477

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:51 am Peanut jokes aren't funny
Do you have a nut allergy?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695478

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:49 am
oranges wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:30 pm
Okay, I'll take after you and get banned from the Manuel discord for posting fart porn, then.
I NEED AN ADULT
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695479

Boot wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:40 am "The admins really really really want it one way but MSO doesn't want it so they just do it anyways" If you don't see the problem here then idk.
MSO wanting admins to judge cases based on the context around them instead of relying on filters != MSO being okay with you making jokes about being raped when being searched by a security officer.

Given he hasn't noticed or said anything about the long history of notes and bans for this we can probably safely assume he's okay with how they're ruling on it.

So what exactly are you arguing for?
conrad

Post by conrad » #695484

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:51 am
MSO wanting admins to judge cases based on the context around them instead of relying on filters != MSO being okay with you making jokes about being raped when being searched by a security officer.

Given he hasn't noticed or said anything about the long history of notes and bans for this we can probably safely assume he's okay with how they're ruling on it.

So what exactly are you arguing for?
He's entrenched himself way too deep and now it's too late to back out and admit he's wrong.

Seems it's better to look insane than to look normal.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #695488

Fren256 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:37 pm Apparently "sexual assault bad" is a controversial take for some people
This a disingenuous and dishonest take.
Rape isn't hard filtered so when some edgelord comes in trying to erp sexual assault on the crew they can report it to both radio and ahelp at the same time, not so you can do the same old tired 'he he he i'll say rape while getting arrested like every other shitter thats come before me.' I was noting people over when I was a trial min.

The hard filter is not there to protect you from yourself, hell that's half the reason i don't want too many words added to the hard filter, so we can ban people who can't express self control. The hard filter is there to protect the game environment around things that ruin immersion and have a close enough to zero chance of collateral damage.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695637

B00t turning out to be an unironically terrible person is basically the most unsurprising twist of 2023.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695638

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:38 am B00t turning out to be an unironically terrible person is basically the most unsurprising twist of 2023.
Sorry what? Could you qualify how he's "turned out to be a terrible person"?

He said "RAPE!" in a spaceman videogame, he didn't realize that wasn't allowed so he appealed it, it got upheld. What part of this makes him a terrible person?
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695639

B00t's argument is that he thinks the word should be on hard-filter if it's quite literally "NEVER" okay to say (in the admin's words). MSO keeps it off hard-filter out of principle, which IMO is a solid principle even if the application here is a bit wonky.

That's literally it. That's the whole thing. I don't see how any of this is "insane"? It's a pretty run-of-the-mill disagreement, and resolution. Calling him insane and a terrible person and even accusing him of thinking sexual assault is okay is such a horribly dense perspective.
Y'all three dumb as bricks tbh
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695640

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:05 am B00t's argument is that he thinks the word should be on hard-filter if it's quite literally "NEVER" okay to say (in the admin's words). MSO keeps it off hard-filter out of principle, which IMO is a solid principle even if the application here is a bit wonky.

That's literally it. That's the whole thing. I don't see how any of this is "insane"? It's a pretty run-of-the-mill disagreement, and resolution. Calling him insane and a terrible person and even accusing him of thinking sexual assault is okay is such a horribly dense perspective.
Y'all three dumb as bricks tbh
Most of the animosity towards boot is how he argued in bad faith by refusing to admit it was either a joke or an accusation and didn't take any responsibility for his specific usage of it.

That and his general edgelord behaviour.

His discussion on whether or not rape should be hard filtered has very little to do with if his usage was justified or not, which it wasn't.

I personally think the word rape can be used, in a very restricted roleplay context and never between player characters.

Mentioning surviving it, or being concieved from it, or someone from your backstory going to jail due to rape. Provided said discussion was warranted and done in a mature and sensitive manner could be fine. I don't see boot ever doing this.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #695641

because its more weird to bring up in a round that your ss13 character was raped or raped someone than it is to scream rape when a security officer is arresting you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695642

based MSO response, it's nice to get clarification on the big man's views
Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:33 am I personally think the word rape can be used, in a very restricted roleplay context and never between player characters.

Mentioning surviving it, or being concieved from it, or someone from your backstory going to jail due to rape. Provided said discussion was warranted and done in a mature and sensitive manner could be fine. I don't see boot ever doing this.
honestly while this is something i perhaps (it would depend entirely on the specific situation and its circumstance so i'm not comfortable giving a straight up yes/no) wouldn't rule on administratively it's definitely something that as a player would make me think "yeah this player is a bit of a weird one what the fuck is this backstory"
Last edited by dendydoom on Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695643

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:33 am Most of the animosity towards boot is how he argued in bad faith by refusing to admit it was either a joke or an accusation and didn't take any responsibility for his specific usage of it.
He pretty much did though:
b00t wrote:It is clear that there is a reason why we don't hard filter rape is because we allow it to exist for these more lighthearted encounters. That as the admin himself called it a "joke line" it would not fall under the purview of rule 8.
If you wanted it explicit you're not getting that because saying "it's just a joke!" in the appeal doesn't work, you have to argue based on the rules.
They had a better chance arguing it wasn't against rule 8 or rule 1 than saying "come onnn I was just messin'!" so that's what they did. Didn't work cause there's precedent for this kinda thing they didn't know about.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695647

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:36 am
b00t wrote:It is clear that there is a reason why we don't hard filter rape is because we allow it to exist for these more lighthearted encounters. That as the admin himself called it a "joke line" it would not fall under the purview of rule 8.
If you wanted it explicit you're not getting that because saying "it's just a joke!" in the appeal doesn't work, you have to argue based on the rules.
They had a better chance arguing it wasn't against rule 8 or rule 1 than saying "come onnn I was just messin'!" so that's what they did. Didn't work cause there's precedent for this kinda thing they didn't know about.
i'd argue it still falls under rule 8. it does not strictly only include things that are said to be sexually gratifying, it includes "creepy" and "things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants"
8. Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.
being accused of rape while trying to arrest someone is something i would construe as sexual/creepy as an unwilling participant.

it's not an original or witty joke to be making in the first place and relies purely on making other people uncomfortable in order to get a laugh. no one laughed, just felt uncomfortable. thus, mission failed on their part. they should put more effort in.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: