Peanut jokes aren't funny

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Peanut jokes aren't funny

Post by Vekter » #695233

viewtopic.php?p=695231

If that title sucks, it's your fault for not making the thread first.

Anyway this is the most valid a note has ever been, it's so easy to just not make rape jokes. Just don't do it. There literally never funny.

Also, b00t is misunderstanding how the word filter works. There's two word filters:

1) Hard filter - You cannot say the word at all, the game won't let you. This is for things that have zero IC justification to use, ie netspeak, things like "validhunting", etc. If there's no reason we wouldn't bonk you for OOC in IC for saying it, it's hard filtered.
2) Soft filter - The game warns you when saying it, telling you "This term is commonly considered OOC, only use it with valid IC context." and asking you if you still want to say it. This is for things like ERP, where normal use of it would constitute an OOC in IC violation but there are rare IC justifications for it, like when you're referring to an Emergency Response Party.

"Rape" as a word doesn't really fit in either. There's IC justifications to say the word and they're not rare enough that a soft filter would really be necessary. It's not something that's explicitly OOC. We could possibly soft filter it like we do slurs, but I think that opens up a can of worms with other potentially touchy words that aren't explicitly harmful but can be used in harmful ways.

It's way easier to just let people say it and bonk anyone who's making jokes about it.
Last edited by Vekter on Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Peanut jokes aren't funny

Post by Cheshify » #695235

I just want to play the silly spaceman video game I don't want people screaming rape because they're still 14 and think that it's funny.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695237

Cheshify wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:58 am I just want to play the silly spaceman video game I don't want people screaming rape because they're still 14 and think that it's funny.
i agree with you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695238

It's a sandbox videogame. You could log in and go on a tirade about something controversial like eugenics or be a creepy lil weirdo and the game isn't gonna stop you. You could use different color tiles to draw swastikas everywhere.

And that would be really fucking awful. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. And if you do something you shouldn't, you gotta be really dented to then go surprise pikachu when you get clapped.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #695240

tbh i mostly just wanted to respond to his initial pm of "hmmm i've been thinking about it mr.admin, when do you think it is okay to talk about rape in our 2d spessmens?" with

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #695254

Vekter wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:51 am "Rape" as a word doesn't really fit in either. There's IC justifications to say the word and they're not rare enough that a soft filter would really be necessary. It's not something that's explicitly OOC. We could possibly soft filter it like we do slurs, but I think that opens up a can of worms with other potentially touchy words that aren't explicitly harmful but can be used in harmful ways.
I really don't think there's any justification to use this in any IC context except sexual assaults unless you are talking about rapeseed or grapes in a VERY SPECIFIC CONTEXT.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #695256

i've had players make heavy sexual innuendos as i'm brigging them and even if I icly tell them "stop being creepy" they still generally don't take the hint and proceed. no sympathy for these kind of players
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #695258

We should age-check players that make rape jokes.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695259

Cheshify wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:58 am I just want to play the silly spaceman video game I don't want people screaming rape because they're still 14 and think that it's funny.
My favorite thing is when people join and are very clearly thinking it will go like the Sseth video, and they just get this look after calling people niggers

I figure it's a Manuel thing to get this response, but it's happened a lot this summer. I've thankfully never seen anything too dodgy (like screaming rape during a bag search) said by people, but sometimes it's up there in the weirdness.

The closest I come to it is saying something like, "I NEED AN ADULT!" in a humorous situation
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695302

To be fair, were we really expecting anything else after he said this recently?

NO I AM NOT QUOTING THIS.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #695303

He should just get a rule 9 ban already. He is incapable of roleplaying as a spaceman working for NT. I think the only social interactions he has ever gone through is probably trying to be the most edgy kid in the CoD lobby.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #695306

this was an excellent title
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695307

I guess if it’s precedent it’s precedent. But why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs? Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?

I guess because one has sexual connotations which makes people uncomfortable. But if it’s used completely divorced of any sexual meaning at all, I think it would be a bit much to say it’s breaking rule 8. So you’re forced to say it’s breaking rule 1 which… Is it being a dick to scream you’re being raped? I mean I’d say it’s just being stupid and immature but not quite being a dick.

I genuinely can’t stretch my mind far enough to envision being offended hearing this ingame in this context, could someone sketch out the psychological pathways by which this could happen?
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695308

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm I guess if it’s precedent it’s precedent. But why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs? Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?

I guess because one has sexual connotations which makes people uncomfortable. But if it’s used completely divorced of any sexual meaning at all, I think it would be a bit much to say it’s breaking rule 8. So you’re forced to say it’s breaking rule 1 which… Is it being a dick to scream you’re being raped? I mean I’d say it’s just being stupid and immature but not quite being a dick.

I genuinely can’t stretch my mind far enough to envision being offended hearing this ingame in this context, could someone sketch out the psychological pathways by which this could happen?
bro is saying the n word i cant fuck with him, also screaming rape is weird bro. Who the fuck wants to scream rape in tg besides kids and weirdos
Living God

Extraordinary Person

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #695309

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm But why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs?
As a starter for ten, no-one playing this game has previously been murdered. However ... think it through yourself.

Also players pick some really weird hills to vomit up a hill of an appeal to die on. Like is it really that hard not to go around screaming about rape constantly? Based on how often this comes up, apparently so. Though most people have some perspective to just say "oh, not allowed? okay" rather than write a short story over it.

Find something better to do with your time.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #695310

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pmIsn’t murder worse than rape IRL?
idk man, murder kills you and you're dead but rape can kill you and keep you living with it anyway

from a less "woah bro deep" point of view we tolerate murder because it's Socially Acceptable In A Video Game, rape and sexual assault in general isn't. There's a lot more people out there with experience of sexual assault than people who have experience getting murdered, and even ignoring the "we should seek to prevent people who might have lived through sexual assault from ever experiencing anything near it again in a video game" (reasonable justification i hope) it's just something that People Do Not Want To Deal With

I'd rather be shot like a person than used like an object but thats just me
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #695311

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm I guess if it’s precedent it’s precedent. But why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs? Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?

People wouldn't OOCly mind being called a murderer as much due to murder being part of the game. Calling someone a rapist is at minimum accusing them of being a massively weird sex pest both IC and OOC and just makes people uncomfortable. It's like calling someone a pedophile for no reason. Just don't do it.

I'd also like to mention that accusing people of murder for no reason is still cringe and should be discouraged, just not as bad as accusing them of rape. People roleplay as spacemen working for NT, and should at least act like someone that could potentially get hired in a space station. Being a retarded manchild is just poor form.

Edit: Didn't mean to dogpile. Just a lot of replies in a short amount of time.

Edit 2: What Ekaterina take just got deleted within seconds?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695313

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs? Isn’t murder worse than rape IRL? Why is murder allowed to be talked about so casually?
Someone who is dragging you away in cuffs can easily murder you. It's plausible. Murder is a part of the game. Rape isn't.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm I guess because one has sexual connotations which makes people uncomfortable. if it’s used completely divorced of any sexual meaning at all
Rape doesn't have sexual "connotations", it has sexual denotation. Sexual assault cannot be divorced of sexual meaning.

I don't want sex in my wacky spessmans game. Neither does anyone else, based on other posts in this thread.
iain0 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:09 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:53 pm But why exactly is this worse than saying something like “X MURDERING ME” when they’re dragging you away in cuffs?
As a starter for ten, no-one playing this game has previously been murdered.
This rebuttal does not work. While literally nobody who's here has been murdered, there can be survivors of murder attempts.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695314

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:12 pm we tolerate murder because it's Socially Acceptable In A Video Game, rape and sexual assault in general isn't.
I agree with all of that. We aren’t exactly talking about rape and sexual assault though, we’re talking about the WORD “rape” being said, in a context having nothing to do with it. That’s a very different thing I’m sure you’d agree.

Rape is a very bad thing that affects lots of people. But we’re talking about just the word itself, used in jest. Most people have been personally affected by cancer in some way too, either personally or through their loved ones, but hearing “i hope you get cancer” in-game would be met with a certain degree of apathy, because we know it’s all just a game and a character. Why doesn’t that apply here too?
Spoiler:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695316

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:20 pm Edit 2: What Ekaterina take just got deleted within seconds?
I accidentally posted while I was still typing my reply, so I deleted it in order to finish typing it.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #695317

Only people that would be a massive sex pest freak weirdo would RP rape, so accusing someone of rape is accusing them of being an OOC super weirdo. It's stepping outside of IC asshole and moving to an OOCly asshole move.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #695318

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:36 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:20 pm Edit 2: What Ekaterina take just got deleted within seconds?
I accidentally posted while I was still typing my reply, so I deleted it in order to finish typing it.
Damn even Ekaterina of all people disagree with Sinful.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695322

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:33 pm
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:12 pm we tolerate murder because it's Socially Acceptable In A Video Game, rape and sexual assault in general isn't.
I agree with all of that. We aren’t exactly talking about rape and sexual assault though, we’re talking about the WORD “rape” being said, in a context having nothing to do with it. That’s a very different thing I’m sure you’d agree.

Rape is a very bad thing that affects lots of people. But we’re talking about just the word itself, used in jest. Most people have been personally affected by cancer in some way too, either personally or through their loved ones, but hearing “i hope you get cancer” in-game would be met with a certain degree of apathy, because we know it’s all just a game and a character. Why doesn’t that apply here too?
It doesn't matter in what context, "Rape" IS the context. You're comparing something to sexual assault. You cannot divorce the very meaning of the word from its usage.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695325

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:33 pm

as a player it would make me very uncomfortable to hear someone scream rape about being arrested. the implication in the joke is that being grabbed and restrained aggressively is a precursor to rape, so yes, the word is being used in the context of sexual assault. it may be a joke but a lot of the basis of rule 8 is to stop people from being made to feel uncomfortable by being exposed to sexually explicit things in a space where it's not expected. murder and violence are expected. being accused of rape while you're arresting someone isn't. it's just not something that should become part of the IC space, so it's better to ask those people to stop doing it OOCly instead of continuing it ICly.

lastly, if you're gonna step up to the plate to take a crack at making edgy jokes like that, you should probably double check that they're gonna be funny first. the must-be-funny clause. like others have said, it's not funny unless you're a 13 year old that just discovered south park.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695327

policy thread idea: should security be allowed to summarily execute people and round remove who scream "rape" or "im being molested" or other such things over the radio when they are arrested for being a shitter, and should silicon policy be amended to consider people who say those things while being arrested non-human
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695330

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:57 pm policy thread idea: should security be allowed to summarily execute people and round remove who scream "rape" or "im being molested" or other such things over the radio when they are arrested for being a shitter, and should silicon policy be amended to consider people who say those things while being arrested non-human
isn't that already policy
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695333

Archie700 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:00 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:57 pm policy thread idea: should security be allowed to summarily execute people and round remove who scream "rape" or "im being molested" or other such things over the radio when they are arrested for being a shitter, and should silicon policy be amended to consider people who say those things while being arrested non-human
its one of those unwritten ones where the admins generally won't action it unless the guy who gets RR'd ahelps, and then the admin slaps him with a rule 8 instead of punishing the guy who beat him to death
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695334

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:04 pm
its one of those unwritten ones where the admins generally won't action it unless the guy who gets RR'd ahelps, and then the admin slaps him with a rule 8 instead of punishing the guy who beat him to death
I mean it's basically the same as reading porn from the library (unless some asshole actually tries to rp rape in which case you should ahelp at once instead)
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695337

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:38 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:36 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Edit 2: What Ekaterina take just got deleted within seconds?
Damn even Ekaterina of all people disagree with Sinful.
I’m not disagreeing with the note, I’m just asking questions to facilitate understanding :)

I think it’s important to actually understand why things are banned, and what basis they have for being banned. I know investigating that can be uncomfortable, since it can sound like disagreeing with the principle itself, but I assure you it’s not.
Spoiler:
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #695344

not sure if technically policy but you would be hard pressed (I hope?) to find an admin that doesn't look the other way if someone got killed and RR'd for doing this. also even if it is a policy to RR them I would hope people would still ahelp this instead of just using it as an excuse to kill people by pretending to be creeped out. making policies that encourage dealing with OOC rule violations ICly doesn't really stop the player from repeating the behaviour.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #695345

Archie700 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:08 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:04 pm
I mean it's basically the same as reading porn from the library (unless some asshole actually tries to rp rape in which case you should ahelp at once instead)
1. One of these is unprompted
2. I would argue that reading porn would fall under the spam precedent of rule 1.2.
Image Image
Boot

Post by Boot » #695348

Also shoutout to Timber for not responding to any of my arguments here. Guess he trusts his admin team to be able to just treat words as if they are on the hard filter willy nilly.
Image Image
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695351

TypicalRig wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:42 pm
not sure if technically policy but you would be hard pressed (I hope?) to find an admin that doesn't look the other way if someone got killed and RR'd for doing this. also even if it is a policy to RR them I would hope people would still ahelp this instead of just using it as an excuse to kill people by pretending to be creeped out. making policies that encourage dealing with OOC rule violations ICly doesn't really stop the player from repeating the behaviour.
that’s another lingering suspicion i often have. what’s stopping someone from pretending to be creeped out/offended by every comment that could theoretically possibly come across as such, in order to weaponize admins against people they dislike?

this is why it’s important we have rules and specific things we disallow saying IC instead of just “someone got offended by this so they’re being a dick, rule 1”
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695354

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:51 pm Also shoutout to Timber for not responding to any of my arguments here. Guess he trusts his admin team to be able to just treat words as if they are on the hard filter willy nilly.
Nope, I just looked at the following logs:

Code: Select all

02:46:30	SAY	B00t/(Zion SLR) "rape"	(162, 134, 2)	Captain's Office
02:46:31	SAY	B00t/(Zion SLR) "RAPE"	(162, 134, 2)	Captain's Office
02:46:33	SAY	B00t/(Zion SLR) "HELP"	(162, 134, 2)	Captain's Office
Asked Kieth if I could tell you to fuck off.

He politely advised me to instead just mention that we have like a hundred notes on record about precisely this. Can't believe he was the sensible one out of the two of us. Player-headmins, smh my head.

2017 - Warned - Came back from a 15 minute AFK as a ratvar cultist yelling about rape and wanting to die and then attacked teamates and got killed for it. Watch for similar weird behavior in team antags.
2017 - Warned to avoid sending PDA messages to people stating they will rape them for no real reason, since it's pretty creepy.
2017 - Unsavoury character - likes to scream rape when they are arrested, told sec to "search his dick"
2018 - Warned - No mentions of ERP or rape. 63[19:40:17] RiskySikh/(Jasdeep Singh): HELP AI SHITCURITY IS RAPING M ASSHOLE
2018 - Warned again for chatspeak in IC and also questionable stuff like "Elon Musk rape you," next OOC in IC warning is a ban
2018 - Warned - 3[22:56:16] Nelly01023/(Clyde Von Volger): THE HoP RAPES HIS DOG
2018 - Warned not to scream rape when arrested

You get the idea. I'm not even cherry picking, we have like 200 since 2017 related to this including a way too many that are idental to your scenario of screaming rape when arrested/searched.

Since I couldn't tell you to fuck off in the appeal as Kieth didn't let me, I'll just say it here.

Fuck off.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Boot

Post by Boot » #695356

I love how this mentality of "have always done it this way so we'll just ignore any arguments" only is used now. Don't worry I'll remember that next time someone makes an argument for expanding the word filter.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695357

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:13 pm I love how this mentality of "have always done it this way so we'll just ignore any arguments" only is used now. Don't worry I'll remember that next time someone makes an argument for expanding the word filter.
You arguments overral were really dumb so I don't think it'll matter much.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Boot

Post by Boot » #695358

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:20 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:13 pm I love how this mentality of "have always done it this way so we'll just ignore any arguments" only is used now. Don't worry I'll remember that next time someone makes an argument for expanding the word filter.
I literally refuted everything that Biblemelt said to the point that he just started lying.
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #695359

I don't really care about the pissing match you got into with the admin in the note appeal. It's irrelevant. Your actions were, simply, against the rules.

If I were to get legal, screaming rape on arrest or at other similar times like being searched, cuffed, detained, stunned or more is a strict liability rule break.

It doesn't actually matter what your intent was, what your state of mind was, how drunk you were, if you were joking or being serious.

Is there some other context in which you can use the word rape IC and not get in trouble? Probably. I can't really be bothered to think of any. But I'm sure MSO would provide some acceptable times to talk about rape IC if you pushed him and he didn't spite-ban you for wasting his time.

That still doesn't change the fact that for at least 6 years, players that scream rape for dumb reasons get noted and/or banned regardless of their reasons for doing so.

You're now one of them.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695360

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:22 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:20 pm
I literally refuted everything that Biblemelt said to the point that he just started lying.
“Here lies the body of William Jay,
Who died maintaining his right of way—
He was right, dead right, as he sped along,
But he’s just as dead as if he were wrong.”
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695361

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:51 pm Also shoutout to Timber for not responding to any of my arguments here. Guess he trusts his admin team to be able to just treat words as if they are on the hard filter willy nilly.
ayo like... a thousand hells upon you
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Boot

Post by Boot » #695362

You know since Bible didn't seem to know what rule I banned(kept flipping between rule 1 and rule 8) I gotta ask what what rule this note was placed under. My entire argument here is that if this is indeed some unspoken rule that the admin team has been secretly appealing then that should come out. If you need I'll go make that policy thread so we can get it on the books.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695365

Bro will defend his right to joke about rape tooth and nail. 💀
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695366

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 pm You know since Bible didn't seem to know what rule I banned(kept flipping between rule 1 and rule 8) I gotta ask what what rule this note was placed under. My entire argument here is that if this is indeed some unspoken rule that the admin team has been secretly appealing then that should come out. If you need I'll go make that policy thread so we can get it on the books.
i'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but things can break more than 1 rule at once. generally we don't list them out like a rap sheet we're not a gmod dark rp server.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #695367

Pick a rule, any rule. Rule 8. Rule 1. Rule 9. The rule of cool. Ja Rule.
Boot

Post by Boot » #695368

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 pm You know since Bible didn't seem to know what rule I banned(kept flipping between rule 1 and rule 8) I gotta ask what what rule this note was placed under. My entire argument here is that if this is indeed some unspoken rule that the admin team has been secretly appealing then that should come out. If you need I'll go make that policy thread so we can get it on the books.
i'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but things can break more than 1 rule at once. generally we don't list them out like a rap sheet we're not a gmod dark rp server.
If its both a rule 1 and a rule 8 ban that is fine aswell but I'd like alittle transparency because it seems to me like Bible(with the backing of lord Timber) is just throwing whatever at the wall praying it sticks. Also don't ever apologize for who you are.
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm Bro will defend his right to joke about rape tooth and nail. 💀
I don't actually care about saying rape. The entire argument here, which timber ignores, is that we shouldn't have any admin come in and saying "this word is effectively hard filtered now".
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695370

Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:01 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm Bro will defend his right to joke about rape tooth and nail. 💀
I don't actually care about saying rape. The entire argument here, which timber ignores, is that we shouldn't have any admin come in and saying "this word is effectively hard filtered now".
Nobody said that besides you tho. The word isn't hard filtered, just like there isn't map tile pattern recognition code to do a 5/5/5/5 explosion every time someone draws a swastica with floor tiles.

What everyone has been telling you, that you seem to ignore, is that there is no IC reason for you to joke about rape. You want a rule? How about rule 3?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Boot

Post by Boot » #695372

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:01 pm
Nobody said that besides you tho. The word isn't hard filtered, just like there isn't map tile pattern recognition code to do a 5/5/5/5 explosion every time someone draws a swastica with floor tiles.

What everyone has been telling you, that you seem to ignore, is that there is no IC reason for you to joke about rape. You want a rule? How about rule 3?
Its actually crazy how no one is able to just have a discussion about this. You come in here with your minds already made up refusing to actually read the appeal and somehow I'm the child here? Do some critical thinking for christ's sake.
Last edited by Boot on Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #695373

Thank you for quoting TBM to ratify exactly what I just said kek
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Boot

Post by Boot » #695374

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:07 pm Thank you for quoting TBM to ratify exactly what I just said kek
try reading it again slowly this time.
Image Image
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695375

We are not going to have a discussion with someone who jokes about rape like it's nothing.