Why do people hate being an antagonist on mrp?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #695424

With IMMENSE discussion regarding friendtagging in the policy discussion section, i must ask yall.

I treat my antagonist status as a license to fuck with the crew and do many things that would normally not be allowed, such as making my own custom AI law set that kills people based on a vote, Build turrets with hellfire lasers and emag them, Poison people and watch as they scream and cry that they're going to die of amanitin, and all around get people to escalate in armament, whether it be researching weapon tech, getting guns at cargo, or carrying a stunbaton. Or the overdone joke of emagging a recycler.

You, as an antagonist are empowered to make living on a space station more dangerous, why are people throwing it away?
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Why do people hate being an antagonist on mrp?

Post by kinnebian » #695429

what are these questions?
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695431

They really don't. They're just shit at being antags.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695441

It's not about hating being an antag, it's just that Manuel culture prefers to try to talk first shoot later, which causes an unfortunate sidemeta of friendtagging allowing you to delay your murder spree until the crew have accommodated you and gotten bored enough to lower their guard.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695445

Loosened escalation rules are the fun part of rolling antag.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695448

A big chunk of crew play characters that are super friendly and kind normally, so when they get antag they have trouble changing how their character acts. Personally with me I prefer the sneaky beeky playstyle so nobody notices I am an antag. I do like to do engineer craziness though. Disposals cannon anybody?

When I am a heretic I like acting all evil. Friendly heretics are cringe. You are being mind manipulated by a forgotten god for God's sake.

Wait.. I am sensing.. a rant!

PEOPLE IN MANUEL STOP ASKING ME NICELY IF YOU WANT TO SACRIFICE ME I WILL SAY NO EVERY TIME THEN START GETTING STUFF TO DEFEND MYSELF. JUST BAIT ME SOMEWHERE THEN KILL ME SUDDENLY. IT'S A MUCH MORE INTERESTING EXPERIENCE THAN: "Hey... Want to be sacrificed? No? Ookay.. I will reroll it then!" CRINGEE. THAT HAS HAPPENED FAR TOO MANY TIMES. ITS MORE INTERESTING FOR ME TO HAVE A PERSON JUMP OUT OF A LOCKER AND SCARE ME THAN THAT!

now watch manuelites jump out of lockers without any intent to harm me just to scare me

Now. I do realise I have fallen for that trap of asking nicely. It can be done well but I know I haven't done it well that one time I did it so here it is:

From now on when I am a heretic. Even if you are my friend I will go all out with the crazies and fight you. Only when I have enough power to handle sec, though. I like being all sneeeky at first. There will be no asking nicely. Just declarations that YOU are my target and YOU must die. Much more cool, ain't it?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695454

friendly antagonists are stupid. and you know what? greentexting is stupid too.

guess what happens in the majority of satisfying stories? the bad guys lose and the good guys win. roll antag, go in with a plan, make it good, and die trying. meekly trying to ask people for a win or tryharding and scurrying around all shift wordlessly checking off objectives are both low effort and contribute little to the round.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #695462

Manuel is not MRP: it's peaceful mode LRP

More genuinely:
MRP should mean more thrills, action, and excitement because there are stakes behind things happening... that's not what Manuel culture is really about
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695463

Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:07 am Manuel is not MRP: it's peaceful mode LRP

More genuinely:
MRP should mean more thrills, action, and excitement because there are stakes behind things happening... that's not what Manuel culture is really about
I wouldn't agree with that, there's still plenty of murder and conflict
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #695464

Lacran wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:39 pm It's not about hating being an antag, it's just that Manuel culture prefers to try to talk first shoot later
I do this on sybil, I went on a rant and the first sentence i get out turns out the captain is a ling
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695469

ive seen some good antag roleplay on manuel but most of the time it's insta-funnyhand you're round removed. i dont know what these guys are talking about friendtagging, maybe i don't have enough friends to notice it.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695470

I don't hate being an antagonist but I try to avoid it when I can. I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefer being a prey in a hunter situation. To me it's way more fun to have to find your way out of a dangerous situation as opposed to making the dangerous situation yourself. I have way more game knowledge in regards to ways to hide or psych people out to get away from a super dangerous threat, but I don't really have that when playing as an antagonist. Granted, it doesn't help that 90% of my antagonist rounds are being a converted revolutionary or cultist that either gets converted right as the revolution/cult are about to win or about to die.

It kind of goes in line with how I play as a normal crewmember, very rarely in the action and usually more on the backlines (running lasers up to the frontlines, recharging guns while people fight, dragging wounded/dead back to medical, etc.) The most amount of crew members I've been directly involved with killing in a single round is probably, like, four or five during a cult round where we killed the security raiding party.

Also, it's super fucking embarrassing to die pathetically as an antagonist compared to when you're a normal crew member.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #695481

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 am I don't hate being an antagonist but I try to avoid it when I can. I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefer being a prey in a hunter situation. To me it's way more fun to have to find your way out of a dangerous situation as opposed to making the dangerous situation yourself. I have way more game knowledge in regards to ways to hide or psych people out to get away from a super dangerous threat, but I don't really have that when playing as an antagonist. Granted, it doesn't help that 90% of my antagonist rounds are being a converted revolutionary or cultist that either gets converted right as the revolution/cult are about to win or about to die.

It kind of goes in line with how I play as a normal crewmember, very rarely in the action and usually more on the backlines (running lasers up to the frontlines, recharging guns while people fight, dragging wounded/dead back to medical, etc.) The most amount of crew members I've been directly involved with killing in a single round is probably, like, four or five during a cult round where we killed the security raiding party.

Also, it's super fucking embarrassing to die pathetically as an antagonist compared to when you're a normal crew member.
You should try antag more if it's embarrassment holding you back.
Let me share you a story. Cecilia Vujic, heretic, sacced 5 crew, ascended.
Attacks a clown after they say "fight me bitch", clown commits suicide and blows me up. An hour of work gone in 5 seconds.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #695489

I don't like antag rounds going on for longer than necessary. I like to just do my gimmick and go out in a blaze of glory. I can't guarantee having a microbombs in me at all times so I just don't play it.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #695492

vect0r wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:23 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 am I don't hate being an antagonist but I try to avoid it when I can. I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefer being a prey in a hunter situation. To me it's way more fun to have to find your way out of a dangerous situation as opposed to making the dangerous situation yourself. I have way more game knowledge in regards to ways to hide or psych people out to get away from a super dangerous threat, but I don't really have that when playing as an antagonist. Granted, it doesn't help that 90% of my antagonist rounds are being a converted revolutionary or cultist that either gets converted right as the revolution/cult are about to win or about to die.

Attacks a clown after they say "fight me bitch", clown commits suicide and blows me up. An hour of work gone in 5 seconds.
To be fair, you basically already won if you ascended. The rest of the round was basically your post-victory slaughter.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #695493

to be fair i haven’t played in mrp since the policy was revised, but it was pretty annoying feeling like I had to watch my step all the time. It felt harder to be “spontaneously antagonistic”

The social pressures and meta cliques definitely don’t help with that aspect either.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #695496

Archie700 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:39 am

To be fair, you basically already won if you ascended. The rest of the round was basically your post-victory slaughter.
No, I know, I am just saying that we all have embarrassing moments, and playing antag is fun if you learn to embrace the dumb ways you die.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695512

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 am I have way more game knowledge in regards to ways to hide or psych people out to get away from a super dangerous threat, but I don't really have that when playing as an antagonist
Tell me Manuel security is unrobust without telling me Manuel security is unrobust.
I've had plenty of exciting pursuits of antagonists as HOS on Terry. I am not in danger, valid, I am the danger.
Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:07 am Manuel is not MRP: it's peaceful mode LRP
This is such a beautiful art piece that I added it to my signature. Another to my collection.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #695518

i should roll antag more youre right
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695524

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:22 pm You, as an antagonist are empowered to make living on a space station more dangerous, why are people throwing it away?
same reason people turn antag off, it’s more stress because your round is sacred now so the stakes are greater if you die

no one wants to be the guy that gets wordlessly batonged in the first 5min, arming sec with 20 TC

but it’s boring to turn antag off, so some people just keep it on but play it like they’re nonantag to get the fun of antag without any of the stress or stakes

it’s their antag round so fair enough. you can do what you want with it
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695526

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:56 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 am I have way more game knowledge in regards to ways to hide or psych people out to get away from a super dangerous threat, but I don't really have that when playing as an antagonist
Tell me Manuel security is unrobust without telling me Manuel security is unrobust.
I've had plenty of exciting pursuits of antagonists as HOS on Terry. I am not in danger, valid, I am the danger.
My brother in Christ I play janitor and cargo tech. Not everyone plays security, and you don’t tend to get into ‘tard death spirals over getting pushed in a hallway on MRP.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #695527

lmao
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695528

good to see this thread be productive and not go the way of all other threads where people who don't play mrp say how much they hate it because it's pure evil and unfun for x reason and then all the actual players try fruitlessly to say that x doesn't actually happen

i'd hate it if this thread turned out like those
NSFW:
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #695529

I don't play antag because the last time I was heretic I was personally attacked as a person and an admin when I ascended. This was after another confrontation a few days before because I acquired somewhat hefty body count as a traitor. I don't like constantly arguing with people who suffer from a severe skill issue, and don't remember core rule 10 exists.

GRANTED: The social environment might be a bit different, it's been a while since I played consistently. That's just the reason why I stopped trying to play solo antag.

Now I just be gay and do petty crime. (I'll still play antag on LRP, or team antag like cult or nukies)
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695530

dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:42 pm good to see this thread be productive and not go the way of all other threads where people who don't play mrp say how much they hate it because it's pure evil and unfun for x reason and then all the actual players try fruitlessly to say that x doesn't actually happen

The difference is MRP will typically write an essay complaining about how the LRP players stereotype of MRP being a peaceful sandbox where everyone is kind to each other and gives each other pats on the head with no killing allowed is inaccurate because some rounds are peaceful and some aren’t.

Meanwhile LRP players typically respond with “yes, and?” when LRP is stereotyped as being a violent death match every shift by MRP players.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695532

Drag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:48 pm I don't play antag because the last time I was heretic I was personally attacked as a person and an admin when I ascended. This was after another confrontation a few days before because I acquired somewhat hefty body count as a traitor. I don't like constantly arguing with people who suffer from a severe skill issue, and don't remember core rule 10 exists.
this is pretty common on LRP too in my experience, altho maybe it’s worse on MRP because it’s closer knit and drags into the discord after

my recommendation is to simply not engage. they’re angy and there’s nothing you can say to help them get over it
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #695536

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 pm Meanwhile LRP players typically respond with “yes, and?” when LRP is stereotyped as being a violent death match every shift by MRP players.
Based.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:16 pm My brother in Christ I play janitor and cargo tech. Not everyone plays security,
Doesn't matter. For me to be chasing someone as sec, someone has to be chased, who can have any kind of job.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:16 pm [LRP tends] to get into ‘tard death spirals over getting pushed in a hallway
Yes, and?
MRP gamer cries about the lack of conflict, then boasts about not having conflict like LRP.
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:42 pm people who don't play mrp say how much they hate it because it's pure evil and unfun for x reason and then all the actual players try fruitlessly to say that x doesn't actually happen
I've never tried Manuel but I have tried fulp, which is MRP, and I imagine Manuel has the same problems. People like to crap on fulp's admins but the admins aren't even the worst part of fulp. Horatio is not perfect but he's a fairly good headmin. The problem is everything else - the admins are just enforcing the rules, which in turn are one of the problems. The rules are too restrictive (like Manuel), the players are unrobust (like Manuel), interesting stuff barely ever happens (like Manuel?), you either have to play security or get victimised by powertripping security... you don't even have better RP, Sybil has better RP than you, the difference is that you're playing on peaceful mode.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695539

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:10 pm [...] the admins are just enforcing the rules, which in turn are one of the problems.
I can't believe admins exist to enforce the rules, this just like British society but dystopian.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695540

Fren256 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:21 pm
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:10 pm [...] the admins are just enforcing the rules, which in turn are one of the problems.
this just like British society but dystopian.
redundancy
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695543

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:10 pm
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:42 pm people who don't play mrp say how much they hate it because it's pure evil and unfun for x reason and then all the actual players try fruitlessly to say that x doesn't actually happen
I've never tried Manuel
aight good post dude thanks for proving my point.

tribalism is pointless. you prefer lrp: i respect that. it doesn't mean mrp is the opposite of all that you find good and decent and so infringes on your ability to enjoy what you enjoy. it's lrp with a few more rules around conflict thrown in so that people have more opportunities to talk before getting put on ice. that's it. acting like it's anything more than that is melodramatic nonsense (something which you claim to come from mrp players, but here we are seeing it from an lrp player. could it be that we're not so different after all?)
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #695558

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 pm
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:42 pm good to see this thread be productive and not go the way of all other threads where people who don't play mrp say how much they hate it because it's pure evil and unfun for x reason and then all the actual players try fruitlessly to say that x doesn't actually happen

The difference is MRP will typically write an essay complaining about how the LRP players stereotype of MRP being a peaceful sandbox where everyone is kind to each other and gives each other pats on the head with no killing allowed is inaccurate because some rounds are peaceful and some aren’t.

Meanwhile LRP players typically respond with “yes, and?” when LRP is stereotyped as being a violent death match every shift by MRP players.
Could it maybe be that LRP also has some more peaceful shifts? And could it be that you are focusing on a small minority of LRP players? In my own experience the MRP and LRP communities are very quick to stereotype the other whilst being very fucking similar. Really we should just be the TG community and not just draw arbitrary lines due to some extra rules and a single shift in one letter.
Last edited by TheRex9001 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #695559

Imagine catapulting dead horses over an imaginary wall into a region of TG you don't even go to lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
conrad

Post by conrad » #695560

Double posting 'cos I wanna join the bandwagon.

Fuck event hall. Stupid server is so bad it's not even on anymore.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #695561

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:09 pm Double posting 'cos I wanna join the bandwagon.

Just you wait, ehall will rise again and when the tide cometh you will run for the mountain of ehall
conrad

Post by conrad » #695563

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:12 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:09 pm Double posting 'cos I wanna join the bandwagon.

Just you wait, ehall will rise again and when the tide cometh you will run for the mountain of ehall
No I'll just go to event hall related forum threads and say it's dogshit even though I never ever played a single round there.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #695566

to be fair there was some interesting discussion until you derailed it by responding to ekaterina bait.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #695568

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:06 pm Could it maybe be that LRP also has some more peaceful shifts?
We do and we hate them. Everyone not working on some atmos/xeno project (where you don't even notice the round unfold) is bored to hell until someone inevitably self-antags.
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:30 pm it doesn't mean mrp is the opposite of all that you find good and decent and so infringes on your ability to enjoy what you enjoy.
If it's anything like fulp, yes it does. SS13 without conflict is like a car without an engine. A round without proper antagonists is like a car without gas.
From what I read on the forums, tg MRP plays like the living hell that is LRP greenshift, but every round.
I can't believe admins exist to enforce the rules, this just like British society but dystopian.
I thought that "are" would've let any English speaker know I meant the rules are the problem. Nice reading comprehension, bruv.
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:30 pm
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:10 pm I've never tried Manuel
aight good post dude thanks for proving my point.
Way to ignore the important part.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #695570

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:25 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:06 pm Could it maybe be that LRP also has some more peaceful shifts?
We do and we hate them. Everyone not working on some atmos-type project (where you don't even notice the round unfold) is bored to hell until someone inevitably self-antags
I’ll also note here that you don’t speak for every LRP player, if you dislike greenshifts thats completly fine but not everyone does, I like em cause I get time to experiment with stuff without as much chaos and it makes those chaotic rounds even more special.
conrad

Post by conrad » #695573

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:29 pm
We do and we hate them. Everyone not working on some atmos-type project (where you don't even notice the round unfold) is bored to hell until someone inevitably self-antags
I’ll also note here that you don’t speak for every LRP player, if you dislike greenshifts thats completly fine but not everyone does, I like em cause I get time to experiment with stuff without as much chaos and it makes those chaotic rounds even more special.
You gotta remember that Ekaterina's forum persona is an delusional arrogant that believes they're the standard humanity should follow.

If it looks like bait, flies like bait and quacks like bait, don't go ahead and test if it tastes like bait.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695584

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:21 pm

to be fair there was some interesting discussion until you derailed it by responding to ekaterina bait.
you're right, i should've known better...
NSFW:
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695595

I thought that "are" would've let any English speaker know I meant the rules are the problem. Nice reading comprehension, bruv.
Wow, xenophobic much? Typical Terry player :roll:
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695601

Drag wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:48 pm I don't play antag because the last time I was heretic I was personally attacked as a person and an admin when I ascended. This was after another confrontation a few days before because I acquired somewhat hefty body count as a traitor. I don't like constantly arguing with people who suffer from a severe skill issue, and don't remember core rule 10 exists.
This happened to me once too.
I soon realised that player was not a good player to play with anyway. I continued turning on antag to spite them.

Some days I have it off because I don't feel like being evil that day. When I am antag I want to make an impact. (Even if it's to one or two players) If I'm not feeling it it always falls flat.

Tip guys. My most memorable rounds are when an atag picks on me specifically and messes with me for a bit and nobody else. Kidnapping, just fucking with my office non stop, etcetera. Picking on a single person is an easy way to be an evil antag without dealing with a crowd. Try it!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #695605

i dont like being the secret role in social deduction games either
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695665

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:06 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Could it maybe be that LRP also has some more peaceful shifts? And could it be that you are focusing on a small minority of LRP players? In my own experience the MRP and LRP communities are very quick to stereotype the other whilst being very fucking similar. Really we should just be the TG community and not just draw arbitrary lines due to some extra rules and a single shift in one letter.
Tribalism is pretty natural, plus you have the aspect that only a tiny percentage of players will frequently play both MRP and LRP. This, in turn, creates separation. Similar to how a singular lizard species dropped onto two islands will eventually become two different species given enough time, even if the islands are somewhat nearby, and especially if the islands are different in terrain, food, predators, prey, etc. Given that the LRP and MRP players are separate, this leads to a “us-versus-them” mentality.

For instance, the most common thing I can think of is how LRP players have accused (rightfully or wrongly) the admins of trying to convert LRP to MRP or to kill the “traditional culture” (read: culture when I started playing) or spirit of LRP.

Meanwhile MRP players accuse LRP players (rightfully or wrongly) of essentially safari hunting by playing on Manuel specifically to dunk on the less robust player base.

Even if the rules were the same you’d still have cultural differences. I imagine there is some cultural shock that would occur if you forced a LRP player to play on MRP for a month, and likewise a MRP player forced to play on LRP for a month.

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695668

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:56 am Meanwhile MRP players accuse LRP players (rightfully or wrongly) of essentially safari hunting by playing on Manuel specifically to dunk on the less robust player base.
I have to interrupt this intellectual discussion for a sec to just say the idea of antagrollers “Manuel-poaching” is fucking hilarious. Like fuckin sheep grazing on the grass (job content) looking up blankly before getting instantly noscoped by the 16 year old adderall filled Russian femboy on his 3rd monster at 5am
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695669

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:21 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:56 am Meanwhile MRP players accuse LRP players (rightfully or wrongly) of essentially safari hunting by playing on Manuel specifically to dunk on the less robust player base.
I have to interrupt this intellectual discussion for a sec to just say the idea of antagrollers “Manuel-poaching” is fucking hilarious. Like fuckin sheep grazing on the grass (job content) looking up blankly before getting instantly noscoped by the 16 year old adderall filled Russian femboy on his 3rd monster at 5am

I mean you aren’t wrong.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695670

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:21 am
LOL that's a beautiful mental image

honestly we have our own combat tryhards that both antag roll and run sec. yeah, there are ~roleplayers~ who abhor combat and try to avoid it, but i'm sure there are players on lrp too who don't just play to get in fights and enjoy other aspects of the game. a common argument from mad players in manuel dchat is "wow and they call this mrp?" just because they died. the two are really not all that different, all things considered.
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695673

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:56 am I imagine there is some cultural shock that would occur if you forced a LRP player to play on MRP for a month, and likewise a MRP player forced to play on LRP for a month.
A long time ago I was forced to play MRP for 3 months before going back to LRP, the most difficult thing to adjust to were your actions being magnified.

For instance on LRP you can pretty much act however you want (within the rules). The chemist blows up the dispenser like every round, toxins floods their department like every round, people are screaming random shit because they have brain damage IC (or OOC), a 4-way nonantag brawl breaks out in the main halls, someone shot themselves with the Russian Revolver 5 min into the round… You can do or say anything and blend in fine.

On MRP things are much more controlled. Plasmaflooding toxins by accident is like, a MASSIVE fuck-up, you WILL be hearing about that later on the Mannycord :ugeek: . How you talk is how you roleplay so interactions are treated a bit more seriously, particularly because the goal is for them to end up little roleplay scenes.
dendydoom wrote:honestly we have our own combat tryhards that both antag roll and run sec.
MRP has good mechanical players just like LRP does, and LRP has good roleplayers just like MRP does, it’s more about individuals than servers really. It’s literally just a handful of people on every server who make up the extrema, and everyone understands that. It’s just more fun for people to be like YOU WOULDNT LAST 3 FUCKING HOURS IN MY WORLD, PAL, I LIVE IN THE FUCKING HOOD MY ALARM CLOCK IS GUNFIRE ROLEPLAY WITH MY .44 HUGBOXER.
Spoiler:
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #695694

No way sinful, mentioning the mannycord? I heard if you piss the wrong people off, they'll shittalk and meta grudge you and overall make your life playing Manuel a bit more difficult.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695706

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:19 am MRP has good mechanical players just like LRP does, and LRP has good roleplayers just like MRP does, it’s more about individuals than servers really. It’s literally just a handful of people on every server who make up the extrema, and everyone understands that. It’s just more fun for people to be like YOU WOULDNT LAST 3 FUCKING HOURS IN MY WORLD, PAL, I LIVE IN THE FUCKING HOOD MY ALARM CLOCK IS GUNFIRE ROLEPLAY WITH MY .44 HUGBOXER.
lmao, honestly, 100% agree. what a beautiful culture we have, ey?
NSFW: