Killing people because they are annoying

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Killing people because they are annoying

Post by zergking » #695771

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34531&sid=6f2efa785 ... e79eaeb197
I refuse to learn how to do formatting

But lol jeff I can't believe it, you killed someone cuz they were annoying. Good job man, have a good break, will kill ya later for being annoying
Last edited by zergking on Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Killing people because annoying

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695772

jeff moment

good thing he didn't ooc in ic tho someone's round might have been negatively impacted!!!!!
Last edited by Super Aggro Crag on Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
zergking

Post by zergking » #695773

I know MRP is a meme and all, but come on jeff at least PRETEND to be on MRP instead of NRP
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695774

The intellicard wiping was fucking dumb, not changing the laws was fucking dumb, refusing to hand over the intellicard to the C.E with the shuttle inbound was pretty questionable.

That being said the A.I didn't know how the disk worked and refused to hand it over. Then had the most LRP baby dick tantrum over being justifiably carded over interpreting their laws in the most conflict goading manner available.

Jeff really struggles to resolve situations in anything but the most direct and brainless manner. In this situation though the A.I deserved to be RR'd for how they interpreted and roleplayed their lawset imo.

If you fail to adequately roleplay your lawset and instead use it to fight the HoS for the nuke disk and express explicit hostility you deserve to be scrapped by a HoS like Jeff.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695775

Huh. What a messy moment. Shame I wasn't in the round to record the shenanigans.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #695777

you literally have all those materials
rampaging shitcurity
asshole DM
ugly fight
and this is the title you chose
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
zergking

Post by zergking » #695778

I am not a clever woman
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Killing people because they are annoying

Post by Kendrickorium » #695780

silicons need to be whitelisted

also lol

also fucking zero out of ten for thread title

i'm going to start keeping track of peoples scores

you have all been warned
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695781

It's their first one be nice kendick
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #695782

People should be killed for being annoying more often; death means fuck all in this game so maybe if you get fucking murdered for being a little shit people will stop being a little shit.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #695783

I can fall victim to it from time to time but Jeff needs to stop seeing everything as super gamey all the time. Atlwast entertain the situation instead of shutting everything down
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695785

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:24 am silicons need to be whitelisted
zergking

Post by zergking » #695789

also lol

you have all been warned
This has the same energy as “you’re going on the digg shit list” but fair
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695799

also lol

you have all been warned
Compared to you everyone is Jesus Christ of Nazareth when it comes to naming threads
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #695808

AI should be whitelisted, same with HoS and Captain tbh.
At least on a MRP server
Those three roles are usually a source of headache.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #695809

Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:16 am The intellicard wiping was fucking dumb, not changing the laws was fucking dumb, refusing to hand over the intellicard to the C.E with the shuttle inbound was pretty questionable.

That being said the A.I didn't know how the disk worked and refused to hand it over. Then had the most LRP baby dick tantrum over being justifiably carded over interpreting their laws in the most conflict goading manner available.

Jeff really struggles to resolve situations in anything but the most direct and brainless manner. In this situation though the A.I deserved to be RR'd for how they interpreted and roleplayed their lawset imo.

If you fail to adequately roleplay your lawset and instead use it to fight the HoS for the nuke disk and express explicit hostility you deserve to be scrapped by a HoS like Jeff.
Jeff has absolutely zero conflict management skills as a human being and regularly does stupid shit like this, the fact that it's the first time I've seen him cop a ban for being shitcurity is wild considering how quickly and easily he massively overescalates.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #695817

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:53 am
Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:16 am The intellicard wiping was fucking dumb, not changing the laws was fucking dumb, refusing to hand over the intellicard to the C.E with the shuttle inbound was pretty questionable.

Jeff has absolutely zero conflict management skills as a human being and regularly does stupid shit like this, the fact that it's the first time I've seen him cop a ban for being shitcurity is wild considering how quickly and easily he massively overescalates.
The only thing I thin was a mistake was not security banning him as well to be honest, after I placed it and went to bed I was like well fuck, most of his notes are security related, that would've made a lot of sense as well but it was too late and I don't go back and edit bans like a chumbis

I think Jeff might improve as a player if he takes a mental health break from security. Security has a way of burning people out, it's extremely stressful at times.LRP might also be better suited for Jeff.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #695823

I like Jeff a lot as a HOS, he knows his shit and he's pretty proficient. He seems like a cool guy as well from the brief interactions I've had with him ingame (cargo and security don't tend to cross paths too much on Manuel) Probably the only HOS main on Manuel that actually knows how to best use their position to prepare the station for nukies.

However, I'm not gonna lie; I was expecting Jeff to get a ban like this earlier, he tends to default to stunbaton and lots and lots of flashbangs at the slightest bit of conflict. It's not exactly unusual for him to wordlessly baton someone even suspected of a crime and sort it out at the brig (if the station is perfectly stable, then there's no real reason to do this, at least on MRP) He tends to default into unga bunga-ing issues very quickly. I didn't even read the name of the IC character of the person, and I figured it was Jeff, just based on the description of what happened.

POV: You are within one square kilometer of Jeff:
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695830

Sound ban — what I want to call attention to is WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NOTE???
2023-06-15 04:41:46
Warned not to jump to extreme lethals as an initial escalation. In this case, as a clown they used an esword to crit someone who had stolen pies from them. Understanding once the ideas were explained to them, along with the limits and timings of escalation.
Searched up the round out of curiosity and — HE WAS A BLOOD BROTHER. An antagonist clown can’t fucking esword someone for stealing from him??? Whatever admin gave this note should be batcaved, christ almighty is that bad.

This note is everyone who makes fun of Manuel’s wet dream.
Spoiler:
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #695832

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:59 am Sound ban — what I want to call attention to is WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NOTE???
Warned not to jump to extreme lethals as an initial escalation. In this case, as a clown they used an esword to crit someone who had stolen pies from them. Understanding once the ideas were explained to them, along with the limits and timings of escalation.
Searched up the round out of curiosity and — HE WAS A BLOOD BROTHER. An antagonist clown can’t fucking esword someone for stealing from him??? Whatever admin gave this note should be batcaved, christ almighty is that bad.

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/208255

Code: Select all

[2023-06-15 02:46:07.493] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) has removed Brother antagonist status from JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent).

[2023-06-15 02:46:58.889] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) has removed Brother antagonist status from Iwharris07/(Marvin Stubb The II).
[2023-06-15 02:47:01.768] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) made Iwharris07/(Marvin Stubb The II) into Traitor.

[2023-06-15 04:15:50.603] ATTACK: Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) fired at [floor] with the pie cannon (Genetics Lab (144,100,2))
[2023-06-15 04:15:50.608] ATTACK: Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) threw and hit JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) with the banana cream pie (NEWHP: 82.5)  (Genetics Lab (144,100,2))
[2023-06-15 04:15:51.034] ATTACK: Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) fired at [floor] with the pie cannon (Genetics Lab (144,100,2))
[2023-06-15 04:15:55.268] ATTACK: Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) fired at [floor] with the pie cannon (Genetics Lab (144,100,2))
[2023-06-15 04:15:55.273] ATTACK: Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) threw and hit JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) with the banana cream pie (NEWHP: 82.5)  (Genetics Lab (144,100,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:08.212] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 16.4)  (Research Division (143,95,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:09.115] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -13.3)  (Research Division (143,95,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:10.113] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -43.3)  (Research Division (144,94,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:10.942] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -73.4)  (Research Division (144,93,2))
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695833

Isratosh wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:22 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:59 am Sound ban — what I want to call attention to is WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NOTE???

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/208255

[2023-06-15 02:46:07.493] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) has removed Brother antagonist status from JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent).

[2023-06-15 02:46:58.889] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) has removed Brother antagonist status from Iwharris07/(Marvin Stubb The II).
[2023-06-15 02:47:01.768] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Cheshify/(Veekas-Olik) made Iwharris07/(Marvin Stubb The II) into Traitor.

[2023-06-15 04:16:08.212] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 16.4)  (Research Division (143,95,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:09.115] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -13.3)  (Research Division (143,95,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:10.113] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -43.3)  (Research Division (144,94,2))
[2023-06-15 04:16:10.942] ATTACK: JupiterJaeden/(Comms Agent) attacked Azura Chitin/(Marz-Witseidutsei) with energy sword (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -73.4)  (Research Division (144,93,2))
That’s what he deserves then for giving up a perfectly good antag.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695834

jeff has good capabilities as hos and good mechanical knowledge of the game but he needs to exercise his typing skills some more ingame. wordless sec trying to win the game at all costs is insufferable. we're not playing counterstrike. even when an antag is caught, they should get RP out of it with the ensuing processing with sec. this "valid secured: victory achieved" mindset is not only detrimental to the round but ultimately pointless in the grand scheme of things. slow down and enjoy the ride a little more.

i hope when he goes back to hos (as he should eventually, he's good at it) he learns from this and engages with the crew more instead of being the wordless arbiter of their demise.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695842

This HOS is pretty based but I'll accept that it's not what you're looking for in MRP. This leaves the question: why is a guy that clearly wants to act LRP playing in MRP?
Come to Terry, man, we'll be glad to have you!
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #695850

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:24 am silicons need to be removed
Agreed
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695857

its understandable jeff doesn't communicate well with text in game considering his prior ban for metacomming in discord voice chat
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #695872

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:35 pm This HOS is pretty based but I'll accept that it's not what you're looking for in MRP. This leaves the question: why is a guy that clearly wants to act LRP playing in MRP?
I remember when Terry started and it was pretty much an unofficial MRP server because of the crowds it pulled in the beginning. That sadly changed over time.
How long has Terry been around now?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #695887

Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695892

ekaterina wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:35 pm This HOS is pretty based but I'll accept that it's not what you're looking for in MRP. This leaves the question: why is a guy that clearly wants to act LRP playing in MRP?
He'd legit be the ideal LRP HoS. He's very robust and I think he basically plays LRP HoS just on Manuel.
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #695895

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:12 pm its understandable jeff doesn't communicate well with text in game considering his prior ban for metacomming in discord voice chat
I wasn't in a discord voice chat lol, that note was like years ago right when I first started playing and I was talking with someone in-person while we were both playing on different computers. Also I wasn't banned from tg I was just noted.
Last edited by JupiterJaeden on Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #695896

I'd try terry more if it ever had population at the times I played. The few times I was able to play terrysec with decent pop it was fairly good. Basil also too low pop. As for sybil, I can enjoy it as non-sec but I can't fucking stand playing security on it (nobody knows how to talk) so manuel it is, and I like most of the people on manuel + the longer round length and a lot of other things about it. Also I do oftentimes have fun with the higher RP gimmicks on manuel.
Last edited by JupiterJaeden on Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #695897

Yulice wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:35 am People should be killed for being annoying more often; death means fuck all in this game so maybe if you get fucking murdered for being a little shit people will stop being a little shit.
so true bestie
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695898

"Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in TGlee: 'The Sec of Manuel must be delivered over to the hands of forumites, be bannified and on the triple post be based again"
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #695899

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:47 am I like Jeff a lot as a HOS, he knows his shit and he's pretty proficient. He seems like a cool guy as well from the brief interactions I've had with him ingame (cargo and security don't tend to cross paths too much on Manuel) Probably the only HOS main on Manuel that actually knows how to best use their position to prepare the station for nukies.

However, I'm not gonna lie; I was expecting Jeff to get a ban like this earlier, he tends to default to stunbaton and lots and lots of flashbangs at the slightest bit of conflict. It's not exactly unusual for him to wordlessly baton someone even suspected of a crime and sort it out at the brig (if the station is perfectly stable, then there's no real reason to do this, at least on MRP) He tends to default into unga bunga-ing issues very quickly. I didn't even read the name of the IC character of the person, and I figured it was Jeff, just based on the description of what happened.

POV: You are within one square kilometer of Jeff:
I used to wordlessly baton a lot more. Nowadays I almost always use my sec hailer + spam pointing first and if they stop, attempt to ask someone to come in quietly, except in cases where I believe the person is already actively hostile, or if they are an antag I would expect to always be overtly hostile (pirates, nukies, etc.). And I do tons of searches like this without issue, even many arrests without issue. But no one ever cares about that, it's not interesting and no one ever talks about it in round end discussions lol. So it doesn't get noticed.

Here is the thing though, a lot of the time, you can sec hail and spam point and people keep running away. If I go chasing them down with stun weapons after that, I don't think it's fair to call this "wordless" because it's impossible to type at someone who is actively running away from you. And if someone has already refused one attempt to talk I don't feel obligated to try again later, although sometimes I still will, but again I feel it's not fair to call this "wordless" without context.

So I feel like the reputation I sometimes have for doing wordless arrests or acting wordlessly in general is not really fair. Even in the case of this round I got banned for here, I was clearly trying to talk to the AI first before I attempted to break in to the sat. Just a bit before that, when simon ran away from the disk I was trying to talk to him to give it back (it was a threat, but it was talking nonetheless). I tried to talk to the CE before shooting at him. In many rounds as HOS I even find myself reprimanding OTHER security for being too wordless and instantly batonning people.

Also I didn't even start using flashbangs a lot until recently lol
Last edited by JupiterJaeden on Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #695900

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:46 pm "Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in TGlee: 'The Sec of Manuel must be delivered over to the hands of forumites, be bannified and on the triple post be based again"
actually it's a QUADRUPLE post you just interrupted me lol
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695904

JupiterJaeden wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:04 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:46 pm "Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in TGlee: 'The Sec of Manuel must be delivered over to the hands of forumites, be bannified and on the triple post be based again"
actually it's a QUADRUPLE post you just interrupted me lol
Yeah, I had to take my shot since god does things in 3s and the bible quote made me giggle endlessly.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695906

JupiterJaeden wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:00 pm

I used to wordlessly baton a lot more. Nowadays I almost always use my sec hailer + spam pointing first and if they stop, attempt to ask someone to come in quietly, except in cases where I believe the person is already actively hostile, or if they are an antag I would expect to always be overtly hostile (pirates, nukies, etc.). And I do tons of searches like this without issue, even many arrests without issue. But no one ever cares about that, it's not interesting and no one ever talks about it in round end discussions lol. So it doesn't get noticed.

Here is the thing though, a lot of the time, you can sec hail and spam point and people keep running away. If I go chasing them down with stun weapons after that, I don't think it's fair to call this "wordless" because it's impossible to type at someone who is actively running away from you. And if someone has already refused one attempt to talk I don't feel obligated to try again later, although sometimes I still will, but again I feel it's not fair to call this "wordless" without context.

So I feel like the reputation I sometimes have for doing wordless arrests or acting wordlessly in general is not really fair. Even in the case of this round I got banned for here, I was clearly trying to talk to the AI first before I attempted to break in to the sat. Just a bit before that, when simon ran away from the disk I was trying to talk to him to give it back (it was a threat, but it was talking nonetheless). I tried to talk to the CE before shooting at him. In many rounds as HOS I even find myself reprimanding OTHER security for being too wordless and instantly batonning people.

Also I didn't even start using flashbangs a lot until recently lol
The issue is you still play to win, most of your interactions aren't good faith if there's any imaginable risk to your person.

When you go into a situation you tunnel vision on your own objective and usually treat interactions and roleplay as afterthoughts this may not happend literally EVERY time, but it happens too much to be acceptable.

You keep telling yourself "oh well these criticisms are biased because people only comment on my bad arrests and never my good ones" newsflash, you aren't the only security player. All sec deal with biases but its YOUR job to understand how YOU earned YOUR reputation. Everyone bitches about security, but why is it that so many people bitch about how you play sec a specific way? if it was just unfairness then every sec player should have your problem, and they don't.

For me when I play sec my criticsms about me being a fun-hating cunt, which is probably only accurate 25-10% of the time, but its definitely more than the average sec main.

You don't try to interact enough, genuinely. you try to solve a situation yourself, and when you can't you'll involve people using the least words possible, even just wordlessly grabbing and officer to conga line with as you patrol. You are improving but you need to be better because you are definitely on the low end of roleplay standards for security and you need to acknowledge that so that admins don't just note stack you and give you the boot. I'm saying this because I enjoy having you around, playing with you is usually fun, most forms of conflcit with you however really aren't.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695913

“Continue and you will be expurged”

Threat on HoS’s life, arguably a justifiable reason to kill the AI.
Spoiler:
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #695919

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:42 am I can fall victim to it from time to time
you and jeff are literally in my personal top ten list of "most likely to ultrakill the fuck out of you if given the slightest pretense"
jeff just gets more flak because he uses personal pretenses instead of more rule-applicable ones, and beats people to death with furniture instead of shooting them

that being said I still like Jeff as a player and tolerate you, but Jeff's ban doesn't surprise me in the least
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #695928

It's funny that everyone's saying this about Jeff, because one of my statics outright hates him (just IC, the most that comes of it is her judging him harshly and him being one of the only HoS she refuses to call by title) for a flipflop of reasons. One minute it's "You don't follow protocol, what the fuck" and the next it's "Dude they just did (XYZ) and you let them go???"

Which I'd say is a good sign that he's probably not ACTUALLY that bad, unless you're going to tell me he's gotten worse in the four months I've been largely not playing.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695946

Lacran wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:29 am It's their first one be nice kendick
i found out its like, their first post so they get a pass

this time
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695947

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:27 am

also lol

you have all been warned
Compared to you everyone is Jesus Christ of Nazareth when it comes to naming threads
here is your (you)

enjoy your meal
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #695957

We jeffposting? Love having this guy as hos, need more security players like him. Very reliable, does fun things with antags, but also doesn't let em get away scot-free with everything.
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695958

Valid ban, but I'd've Rule 0 IC issued it if Lacran's interpertation was correct. AI fuck around with its law interpretation, AI find out.

I once held one the TheMidnightRose's AIs carded for like 35 minutes because they were pissing me off with how they were interpreting their laws. I was going to wipe them, but an admin negotiated their release via bwoinks.

Still, really not up to the standards we expect from MRP. Spite wiping a non-malf AI on a non-Asimov lawset is a last resort.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #696000

To be honest the whole issue with Jeff and the AI was a case of "everyone is stupid" with Jeff almost immediately trying to break in and not tell the AI why the disk needs to be held by someone and the AI immediately threatening him and not playing by DM ruleset.
JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #696002

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:16 am To be honest the whole issue with Jeff and the AI was a case of "everyone is stupid" with Jeff almost immediately trying to break in and not tell the AI why the disk needs to be held by someone and the AI immediately threatening him and not playing by DM ruleset.
I did tell the AI why the disk needs to be held by someone, I even very explicitly mentioned lone operatives lol
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #696008

JupiterJaeden wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:17 am
Archie700 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:16 am To be honest the whole issue with Jeff and the AI was a case of "everyone is stupid" with Jeff almost immediately trying to break in and not tell the AI why the disk needs to be held by someone and the AI immediately threatening him and not playing by DM ruleset.
I did tell the AI why the disk needs to be held by someone, I even very explicitly mentioned lone operatives lol
I'll take that, but you still shouldn't try to break in almost immediately after ordering the AI, if this conversation is accurate

2023-07-25 18:29:29.238] GAME-SAY: JupiterJaeden/(Jeff Gaiman) "AI" (AI Satellite Exterior (44,130,2))
[2023-07-25 18:29:30.315] GAME-SAY: JupiterJaeden/(Jeff Gaiman) "OPEN" (AI Satellite Exterior (44,130,2))
[2023-07-25 18:29:39.323] GAME-SAY: Nist/(Divina) "Stop deconning walls" (AI Chamber (33,138,2))

Also Evac Sec outpost is not a good place to hold conversations with the admins, especially not when you're being taken to task and the shuttle is coming. If you're being bothered by a a critical issue IC while an admin is pinging you, tell the admin you got to handle something, handle the IC issue (or hide in a locker in maint), then answer the admin.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696015

For the record, if the goal is to check the AI’s laws because you think it’s compromised, you don’t “use your words.” Imagine asking a malf AI to let you into its SAT and turn off its turrets.

Using your words only works when the AI is fine to begin with which means you might as well not even card them! Breaking in is the only option that makes sense if you need to check laws cause you distrust them.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #696018

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:45 am For the record, if the goal is to check the AI’s laws because you think it’s compromised, you don’t “use your words.” Imagine asking a malf AI to let you into its SAT and turn off its turrets.

Using your words only works when the AI is fine to begin with which means you might as well not even card them! Breaking in is the only option that makes sense if you need to check laws cause you distrust them.
I don't think that was the case here, at first. The original concern was that the nuke disk was in the AI room, not that the laws were compromised. Jeff even ordered the AI to open the door and then the AI called him out for deconstructing something only 9 seconds later.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696022

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:09 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:45 am For the record, if the goal is to check the AI’s laws because you think it’s compromised, you don’t “use your words.” Imagine asking a malf AI to let you into its SAT and turn off its turrets.

I don't think that was the case here, at first. The original concern was that the nuke disk was in the AI room, not that the laws were compromised. Jeff even ordered the AI to open the door and then the AI called him out for deconstructing something only 9 seconds later.
Dax wrote:The AI was understanbly irate because someone just barged into it's satellite, deconstructed walls instead of doing the medium RP thing of using words.
This is what I'm responding to. Deconstructing walls and breaking into the SAT is how you're supposed to check laws if you suspect the AI of being fucky.
Because the alternative is asking it nicely, being let in, and then it turns tasers on and merks you. Has happened dozens and dozens of times.
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #696023

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:09 am
Archie700 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:09 am

Dax wrote:The AI was understanbly irate because someone just barged into it's satellite, deconstructed walls instead of doing the medium RP thing of using words.
This is what I'm responding to. Deconstructing walls and breaking into the SAT is how you're supposed to check laws if you suspect the AI of being fucky.
Because the alternative is asking it nicely, being let in, and then it turns tasers on and merks you. Has happened dozens and dozens of times.
it's almost like silicon in general fucking suck
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit