Funeral for the syndicate graffiti and poster objectives (peanut?)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Funeral for the syndicate graffiti and poster objectives (peanut?)

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695784

The most free kills of all time gone...

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/77029

the new objectives in their place look really cool though, and it helps curb validhunting since there isnt hard proof of being a traitor
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: Funeral for the syndicate graffiti and poster objectives (peanut?)

Post by dirk_mcblade » #695786

I like it
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #695787

Very good change. Also alleviates this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34516 just bit.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #695793

Yeah, this is fine. Those objectives are kind of boring and make you super valid if someone sees you doing them. The new ones sound a bit more fun in general and generate more interactions between players.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695798

I am mostly excited for the way it will enable tots to do missions without being validhunted as much
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695818

Not to suck ocelot/watermelon dick but that's absolutely fantastic game design. Reward the behaviour you wanna see. Genius.

Goof, take notes.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #695824

Relaxation of these items from being objectives also means you can set up a slippery floor decal / crab phone combo.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695825

yeah really good change
Spoiler:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695835

Good PR. This will allow traitors to get that early TC and rep without being immediately outed as traitors by doing things only traitors can do, like put up bad posters and graffiti. Now they're just doing normal spessman things, like beating each other up and stealing the RPD.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #695840

I like that the spraycan is sticking around because I've had good trap gimmicks by making a 3x3 sections of the floor slippery.
conrad

Post by conrad » #695851

This is pog, holy shit. I just noticed self-antagging behaviour now could be perceived as someone doing progtot, which means you can destroy them under rule 4.

Most excellent.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #695865

Nabski wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:34 pm I like that the spraycan is sticking around because I've had good trap gimmicks by making a 3x3 sections of the floor slippery.
Plus now you can buy 5 of them rather than being limited to one ever.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #695875

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:53 am Relaxation of these items from being objectives also means you can set up a slippery floor decal / crab phone combo.
Ah Christ, that sounds hilarious. Get there with the surge of idiots and, in the sheer chaos, spray down a decal then scream about being slipped. Amazing.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695876

conrad wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:55 pm This is pog, holy shit. I just noticed self-antagging behaviour now could be perceived as someone doing progtot, which means you can destroy them under rule 4.

Most excellent.
No no no I think it is the other way around, traitors will have the perfect cover of just trolling most of the time (unless they get caught in the act putting the obj into the incinerator).

Posters were free because if you had your fingerprints on it and the poster was still up, it means you were the one to place it there 99 times out of 100. You would have a hard time reliably treating someone as an antag for punching someone else 4 times, especially if they put at least some effort into baiting a fight
conrad

Post by conrad » #695877

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:55 pm This is pog, holy shit. I just noticed self-antagging behaviour now could be perceived as someone doing progtot, which means you can destroy them under rule 4.

Most excellent.
No no no I think it is the other way around, traitors will have the perfect cover of just trolling most of the time (unless they get caught in the act putting the obj into the incinerator).

Posters were free because if you had your fingerprints on it and the poster was still up, it means you were the one to place it there 99 times out of 100. You would have a hard time reliably treating someone as an antag for punching someone else 4 times, especially if they put at least some effort into baiting a fight
Can I be real? This is even MORE pog 'cos I think both are gonna happen at the same time and in either instance it's gonna be fucking hilarious.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #695922

When do we get a kneecap breaking objective?
Also, good PR for once.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #695930

Thranos wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:59 pm When do we get a kneecap breaking objective?
this would be a pretty good as an objective a step between punching someone and killing someone

if its just "wound x person" then there is plenty of ways to get it done ranging from breaking kneecaps or lasering someone to getting them smashed with a vending machine or pushing them in front of the tram or in front of an emitter
Weston Echard on Sybil
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695950

i dont like this because now when i gulag someone for 20 points they will actually mine it and come back
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #695951

No joke I think I coded the poster objective like one week after I returned to SS13 following an 8 year break so the justification for them existing as an objective wasn't really based on any actual game experience.
Not that anything coders add is, given that they don't play the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696034

the only thing im concerned about is friendly traitors going up to there targets and going “Hii can i pwease punch you :3, i neewd it to gewt my weputaion up wif the sywdicate”
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
conrad

Post by conrad » #696060

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:41 am the only thing im concerned about is friendly traitors going up to there targets and going “Hii can i pwease punch you :3, i neewd it to gewt my weputaion up wif the sywdicate”
KILL FRIENDLY ANTAGS
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #696061

Detective when someone punches a guy five times (they could be a progtot):

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #696067

I hate this because it means the "make a hallway impassably obnoxious" button can be hammered repeatedly for basically no cost ugh
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #696072

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:00 pm I hate this because it means the "make a hallway impassably obnoxious" button can be hammered repeatedly for basically no cost ugh
Yeah but now if you find someone doing that it's much less objectionable to kill them, it's like buying a balloon
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #696078

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:41 am the only thing im concerned about is friendly traitors going up to there targets and going “Hii can i pwease punch you :3, i neewd it to gewt my weputaion up wif the sywdicate”
If someone does this I'm going to say "sure just give me a second" and then break their fucking limbs with a toolbox.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696111

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:00 pm I hate this because it means the "make a hallway impassably obnoxious" button can be hammered repeatedly for basically no cost ugh
TBF this has always happened even before progtot
the best solution is to do something extremely mean in reply that’ll get them angry enough to unleash their inner traitor demon mode
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #696115

might be fun
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #696116

I love how whenever a stealing objective is conceptualized it highlights how few things remain valuable in current code. I think most powergamers just have a beaker of dispenser meds and a telebaton now because thats as good as you can get(outside of mass produced autolathe crap theres no conflict over). I remember when everyone wanted the hand tele because a reliable teleport was highly useful before maintenance was made into a public hallway.
The spare was fought over. IDK why it cant just be in the bridge for a head to grab instead of all of this invincible safe nonsense.
The armory was broken into from space too. What happened to that? Players would regularly go through the trouble of acquiring space gear only to use it to loot the armory. I guess its cause one gun instead of like 5 and the security fit isn't enough to make it worthwhile.
Hell, insuls aren't even coveted now. I don't know who saw that there was only one useful pair of gloves and decided to nerf those instead of actually making a second useful pair of gloves, but now everyone just chugs greybull or whatever. Maybe its the lack of shocks that did them in i dunno. Could we get like a burnt-out nerve-ending wound for shocks over X watts or whatever? Or just re-add shock dusting.
Speaking of shocks, who's seen a tesla gun in the last like 3 years? Those self charging advanced e-guns are still in the game too but nobody seems to be interested in making any of them after that gun part rework.
okay rant over i bet i could think up more but w/e
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #696136

you can clean it if it isn't shining, I don't know if that's obvious from examining or anything though
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696140

Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm I love how whenever a stealing objective is conceptualized it highlights how few things remain valuable in current code. I think most powergamers just have a beaker of dispenser meds and a telebaton now because thats as good as you can get(outside of mass produced autolathe crap theres no conflict over). I remember when everyone wanted the hand tele because a reliable teleport was highly useful before maintenance was made into a public hallway.
The spare was fought over. IDK why it cant just be in the bridge for a head to grab instead of all of this invincible safe nonsense.
The armory was broken into from space too. What happened to that? Players would regularly go through the trouble of acquiring space gear only to use it to loot the armory. I guess its cause one gun instead of like 5 and the security fit isn't enough to make it worthwhile.
Hell, insuls aren't even coveted now. I don't know who saw that there was only one useful pair of gloves and decided to nerf those instead of actually making a second useful pair of gloves, but now everyone just chugs greybull or whatever. Maybe its the lack of shocks that did them in i dunno. Could we get like a burnt-out nerve-ending wound for shocks over X watts or whatever? Or just re-add shock dusting.
Speaking of shocks, who's seen a tesla gun in the last like 3 years? Those self charging advanced e-guns are still in the game too but nobody seems to be interested in making any of them after that gun part rework.
okay rant over i bet i could think up more but w/e
I believe they are just low rung objectives for an early game warm up, some low stakes low reward evildoing to get you started. Also...
Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm
I remember when everyone wanted the hand tele because a reliable teleport was highly useful before maintenance was made into a public hallway.
Hand tele is still very useful and coveted by everyone that knows how to use it, it is completely up to captain though since they can (theoretically) just hide the spare hand tele somewhere unreachable, which is unfortunately what happens a lot of the times im planning on stealing it as station engineer :((
Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm The spare was fought over. IDK why it cant just be in the bridge for a head to grab instead of all of this invincible safe nonsense.
The spare is still fought over, people always bug the captain for the code. This leads to either the captain telling everyone to fuck off, or announcing who gets the spare so they are unofficially "accepted" into the chain of command. It is also not just out in the bridge so Allen Assistant can speedrun into bridge after finding out there isnt a captain
Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm The armory was broken into from space too. What happened to that? Players would regularly go through the trouble of acquiring space gear only to use it to loot the armory. I guess its cause one gun instead of like 5 and the security fit isn't enough to make it worthwhile.
I think the risk-reward of an armory break in from space has been recognized as way too not worth it by the playerbase for good reason. If someone is smart enough to plan an armory break in, they probably can figure out a way to get into the armory without making an (immediate!) enemy out of every bored crewmember with eva gear. There are also no tasers :((
Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm
Hell, insuls aren't even coveted now.
come on lets be real, insuls are still coveted, you just need to have a reason to want them or have space in your bag for them, or just remember to take them off if you have weapons you need to use
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #696160

I am trying to doom post please I only have 16 hours to doompost before the money unto his again you
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #696326

Does the spraycan still mood debuff?

Can you spam posters and give massive mood debuff?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #696334

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:51 pm Does the spraycan still mood debuff?

Can you spam posters and give massive mood debuff?
The poster mood doesn't stack if you see other posters.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #696346

tbh posters and the spray cans should just be in the maint loot spawn list
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #696353

Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 pm I love how whenever a stealing objective is conceptualized it highlights how few things remain valuable in current code.
any time something valuable gets added an endless legion of well meaning noob developers try to make it more accessible by adding it to jobs and cargo and other content sources until everyone and their fucking dog have one.