We got so close to our first Bingo thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

We got so close to our first Bingo thread

Post by WineAllWine » #696300

Boot, Oranges and Sinful, you've let us down
Last edited by WineAllWine on Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: We got so close to our first Bingo thread

Post by Jacquerel » #696301

You can tick "bad title" but as the thread actually predated there being an appeal it's impossible to win with that line.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696304

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:27 pm You can tick "bad title" but as the thread actually predated there being an appeal it's impossible to win with that line.
Alright I was gonna ignore it the first time but this is now the second time you've insulted my title, so here’s a little challenge for you.

Think up a funnier title and share it with the class. And no stealing other peoples titles. From your little green coderbrain to post, let’s hear it, Jacquerel.

You won’t.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696305

absolute final tally:

this is easily the closest weve come so far

excellent job by all
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #696307

While humor is obviously subjective and I don't think we should be snap reacting to every instance of someone being offended, I don't think "our admins shouldn't have to worry about being compared to literal war criminals for doing their job" is a hot take.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #696312

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:41 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:27 pm You can tick "bad title" but as the thread actually predated there being an appeal it's impossible to win with that line.
Alright I was gonna ignore it the first time but this is now the second time you've insulted my title, so here’s a little challenge for you.

Think up a funnier title and share it with the class. And no stealing other peoples titles. From your little green coderbrain to post, let’s hear it, Jacquerel.

You won’t.
honestly I probably would have just called the thread "the closest to gay sex we will get on tg"
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696314

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:58 pm

You won’t.
honestly I probably would have just called the thread "the closest to gay sex we will get on tg"
that’s better than I thought you’d do
but I still think mine’s better
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696318

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm While humor is obviously subjective and I don't think we should be snap reacting to every instance of someone being offended, I don't think "our admins shouldn't have to worry about being compared to literal war criminals for doing their job" is a hot take.
honestly man

i refuse to believe someone can unironically get offended at their adminning on a spaceman sim being compared to the gestapo

it’s so ridiculous that it chucks any semblance of sobriety and actual pointed offense out the window.

i think what happened is they were kinda salty i was ragging on em earlier and decided to call mom on me for something that was admittedly an easy thing to call mom on someone for under the pretense of being offended at the gestapo comparison
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696322

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:01 pm

You won’t.
that’s better than I thought you’d do
but I still think mine’s better
both of them are bad
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696323

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:09 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm While humor is obviously subjective and I don't think we should be snap reacting to every instance of someone being offended, I don't think "our admins shouldn't have to worry about being compared to literal war criminals for doing their job" is a hot take.
honestly man

i refuse to believe someone can unironically get offended at their adminning on a spaceman sim being compared to the gestapo

it’s so ridiculous that it chucks any semblance of sobriety and actual pointed offense out the window.

i think what happened is they were kinda salty i was ragging on em earlier and decided to call mom on me for something that was admittedly an easy thing to call mom on someone for under the pretense of being offended at the gestapo comparison
I think what happened is you thought your sense of humor matched everyone else's and you made a stupid joke that upset someone, so you got dunked on for it.

I recommend not comparing moderators to Nazis which was funny maybe fifteen years ago but sure as hell isn't now.

The appropriate reaction to offending someone isn't to go WELL I WAS JUST JOKING and doubling down, it's to apologize and not do it again.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #696330

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:30 pm The appropriate reaction to offending someone isn't to go WELL I WAS JUST JOKING and doubling down, it's to apologize and not do it again.
I'm offended by your latest post. I'll be waiting for your apology and for you to not do it again.

Bending over backwards just because someone is offended, regardless of whether said offence is reasonable or not, is how you end up with a "politically correct" hell, like so many other places did.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696332

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:30 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:09 pm
honestly man

I think what happened is you thought your sense of humor matched everyone else's and you made a stupid joke that upset someone, so you got dunked on for it.

I recommend not comparing moderators to Nazis which was funny maybe fifteen years ago but sure as hell isn't now.

The appropriate reaction to offending someone isn't to go WELL I WAS JUST JOKING and doubling down, it's to apologize and not do it again.
this is our redemption arc year, so i'm not here to call you names or tell you your wrong, but I feel like a lot of the reason the world is as it is today is of people constantly screaming I'm OFFENDED BY THIS, easily promoted and intensified because of social media and the constant propagandistic news media

being offended by something doesn't immediately make something right or wrong, it's literally just an emotion.

anyways thats all the /pol youre all going to get out of me, go fucking play starsector you nerds
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #696335

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:12 pm this is our redemption arc year, so i'm not here to call you names or tell you your wrong, but I feel like a lot of the reason the world is as it is today is of people constantly screaming I'm OFFENDED BY THIS, easily promoted and intensified because of social media and the constant propagandistic news media

being offended by something doesn't immediately make something right or wrong, it's literally just an emotion.

anyways thats all the /pol youre all going to get out of me, go fucking play starsector you nerds
I like to think we're capable of nuance; we obviously wouldn't feel this way about someone who's offended by something stupid/minute. I don't include "being called a literal Nazi" is stupid.

I also think the idea that EVERYONE GETS SO OFFENDED ABOUT EVERYTHING is a very clear dismissal of a lot of valid concerns that people have where they think it's not offensive but others do. "It's not that big of a deal, all I did was call him a fag!". That kind of thing.
Spoiler:

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #696336

You won’t.
>>They don't know about Polcon
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #696339

Vekter wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:19 pm I don't include "being called a literal Nazi" is stupid.
Nobody was called a nazi. A hypothetical admin was subject to an analogy where his corresponding part was that of a nazi. These are not the same thing.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #696341

I just wanted to share the bingo thing and dunk on sinful, oranges and boot, I don't wanna have this conversation