Crew is too weak and antags too powerful.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Crew is too weak and antags too powerful.

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696407

Right now, most antagonists have powerful 25 to 30 damage melee weapons, high powered guns, emps to make laser weaponry useless, meanwhile the crew is forced to settle with lasers getting themselves cucked with emps because all ballistics are getting removed. Crew weaponry is also significantly weaker compared to antagonsit weaponry.

What does the advantage does the crew have that antagonists do not?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: Crew is too weak and antags too powerful.

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #696408

skill issue, the crew needs to band together for more serious threats if it's that big of an issue.

I'm kind of on the opposite end, where I usually see the crew absolutely wreck any threat because of coordination. The only exceptions being when people just stop giving a shit because it's latenight
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #696409

mosin thats very cheap and does a fuckton of damage from cargo
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #696414

I’d say antags are too weak, crew have access to drills and cleavers and claymores which are all insane weapons as well as hellguns which are practically a ranged esword
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #696415

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am What does the advantage does the crew have that antagonists do not?
numbers.

it's why lowpop sucks.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #696416

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am Right now, most antagonists have powerful 25 to 30 damage melee weapons, high powered guns, emps to make laser weaponry useless, meanwhile the crew is forced to settle with lasers getting themselves cucked with emps because all ballistics are getting removed. Crew weaponry is also significantly weaker compared to antagonsit weaponry.

What does the advantage does the crew have that antagonists do not?
Where the hell are you playing? On Terry every antag gets dunked on almost immediately. Once I gave an antag godmode and the crew still managed to kill it
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #696418

Crew should generally lose one on one encounters and that isn’t even really guaranteed right now.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #696419

Sounds like someone's cheeks got clapped and they're now whining about how we need to change the game kek
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #696423

guns, bombs and energy shields don't much matter when there are 4 people on both sides of you with kitchen knives and you have nowhere to go

it's called gangfucking, and it's one of the laws in the law of the jungle. the crew is a CREW. a team, one of many and many of one.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #696425

LOL do we play the same game....buff antags antags are weak as shit.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #696426

the crew has numbers. the crew has space to breathe. the crew has friendship. their enemies, generally speaking, do not.

try lobbing a spear at the bad man's head.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696438

the only antags that are "I CANT DO SHIT AGAINST THIS" level are cult and changeling, and SOME wiz setups, for the rest of them you need to use the power of friendship or being robust
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #696444

Ling is my favorite antag to play against and we need more antags like ling.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #696450

Antags are most of the time weaker than crew, even in 1v1 fights, maybe except cult and ascended heretics. And even then, a good body toss is enough to fuck them, no matter how strong they are
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #696452

Maxipat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:20 pm Antags are most of the time weaker than crew, even in 1v1 fights, maybe except cult and ascended heretics. And even then, a good body toss is enough to fuck them, no matter how strong they are
That makes literally no sense at all.

What advantage does a lone crew member have against a line antag?
Maxipat
In-Game Admin

Post by Maxipat » #696456

Lacran wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:32 pm
Maxipat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:20 pm Antags are most of the time weaker than crew, even in 1v1 fights, maybe except cult and ascended heretics. And even then, a good body toss is enough to fuck them, no matter how strong they are

You'd be surprised how prepared for everything and over-equipped is your average Terry player, also that's not the point. Traitors should be able to win 1v1s 90% of time, but currently I feel like chances are 50/50, and if you don't manage to kill them you now have every single assistant on station after your head.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #696463

Stuns
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696469

Maxipat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:48 pm

You'd be surprised how prepared for everything and over-equipped is your average Terry player, also that's not the point. Traitors should be able to win 1v1s 90% of time, but currently I feel like chances are 50/50, and if you don't manage to kill them you now have every single assistant on station after your head.
Traitors can gear up to win any 1v1, the issue is that if anyone catches a whiff of your stank ass syndicate-ism, ALONG with you using cool gear to promote that stank ass syndicate-ism, you are marked for death. Overtime this has lead to the average nonloud (desword noslips) traitor not being equipped for any immediate fight, rather letting the shift slowburn until the coast seems clear enough to start going on a rampage, or pushing hard for objectives.

Security adapted to this by discussing extensively over their own comms until they get a (short) list of super evil crewmembers, and then sweeping the station.

People are way too scared of getting caught, but its not hard to understand if you ever rolled antag after experiencing a drought
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696486

how the hell has no one said batons yet? batons are still the most powerful melee weapon in the game against foes who take stamina damage.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696487

What is scarier to run into in maintenance, an assistant with a stun baton or a changeling with an armblade?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #696491

I disagree. The crew has time on there side. While the antag is doing objectives (saccing people, planting bugs, killing folks), the crew member has the time to get whatever insane setup they want. While it's not always true, it often is.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696492

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:11 pm how the hell has no one said batons yet? batons are still the most powerful melee weapon in the game against foes who take stamina damage.
Its not just stun batons.

Alot of departments scale really well as the round goes on and if everyone is doing their job an antagonist would need to counter several things to survive, from chems to viruses to golems and simple mobs to hulks and ofcourse guncargo ontop of the usual stun baton/pepperspray/flashbang/lasers that security START with.

I also want to include mechs, the silly thing about mechs currently is they were basically nerfed to completly suck against a crowd of people but they can still equip guns with very low time to kill in a 1v1, their only problem is more than one person hitting a mech = that mech gets stunlocked by malfunctions and cant move or fire which basically means the mech is better off just valid hunting solo antagonists and denying them from being in a room with them.

Oh and dont forget about silicons when a single person on the station is competent enough to go on a law war against antags. There are multiple rounds where I subverted ai as a lizard scientist to nonhuman a traitors/whatever the fuck im dealing with after captain/rd are either dead or neglected to do so.

At which point antagonists need shock protection ontop of all of those other things.

The main double edged sword is antagonists can go to each department and reap all of the rewards that each department worked on.

An antagonist`s visit to late game sci can have them walking out with a few golems that obey them, a few genetic mutations, bombs from toxins, and maybe subverted silicons to obey them.

A trip to medbay can be a few healing pills or virus, maybe a few chem bombs.

Sec ...well the loot drops are usually on the sec officers themselves, batons, laser guns, the armory is usually picked clean by 30 minutes.

Cargo , gamer gear from miners and ballistic guns maybe.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696495

chems are also really strong, a beaker if cl3f takes a minute to make and sets someone on fire at a range if you throw it at them. 9/10 out of ten they will stop drop and roll (at which point you can beat them to death with a fire extinguisher) or if they are a bit more robust, they will at least run away to try to get a fire extinguisher before the fire even gets hot enough to damage.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696496

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am Crew weaponry is also significantly weaker compared to antagonsit weaponry.
No shit? Why do you think antags, a limited resource that determines the flavor of the round, should be no stronger than your average everyday crewman?

You realize they get an uplink with special gear for a reason right? They’re supposed to be stronger than crew. If anything antags like tot need more buffs after half their kit got locked behind 30min of rep gain.
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #696497

smell issue
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696511

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:43 pm
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am Crew weaponry is also significantly weaker compared to antagonsit weaponry.
No shit? Why do you think antags, a limited resource that determines the flavor of the round, should be no stronger than your average everyday crewman?

You realize they get an uplink with special gear for a reason right? They’re supposed to be stronger than crew. If anything antags like tot need more buffs after half their kit got locked behind 30min of rep gain.
Blood brothers exist
Maxipat
In-Game Admin

Post by Maxipat » #696513

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:49 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:43 pm

Blood brothers exist
Aren't they turned off, at least on LRP?
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696514

but blood brothers have access to all the crew stuff too, usually from two different departments. they also have the power of friendship.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696532

anyone who thinks crew weaponry is weaker hasnt seen the rng diceroll that is the contraband locker, 1-2 shot crit revolver my beloved.
Spoiler:
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #696593

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:37 pm anyone who thinks crew weaponry is weaker hasnt seen the rng diceroll that is the contraband locker, 1-2 shot crit revolver my beloved.
Except using it is pretty much suicide as the admins would ban you for rule 12. Anyways this is just another bait post. OP posted lots of these and never responded in any of them.
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #696594

I think we should make traitors stronger by getting rid of progression
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #696678

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:11 pm how the hell has no one said batons yet? batons are still the most powerful melee weapon in the game against foes who take stamina damage.
Someone hasn't walked near a hacked engiborg lately :twisted:
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #696681

bring back stun combat. it was the great equalizer.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #696729

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:48 am bring back stun combat. it was the great equalizer.
You’re stoned one, I humbly ask you to please reconsider your bad take as it hurts my eyes to look at.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #696737

The Wrench wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:11 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:48 am bring back stun combat. it was the great equalizer.
You’re stoned one, I humbly ask you to please reconsider your bad take as it hurts my eyes to look at.
OooOooOooOo 10 taser bolts in an egun which stun for 8 seconds each ooOooOOoo
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Livrah
Byond Username: Livrah

Post by Livrah » #696755

Consider trying to antag on 70+ pop server.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #696781

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:42 am
Someone hasn't walked near a hacked engiborg lately :twisted:
Those got nerfed. They're now only as strong as a normal baton. Flashes got nerfed to a two-hit stun too though to balance it out.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #696863

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:48 pm People are way too scared of getting caught, but its not hard to understand if you ever rolled antag after experiencing a drought
I used to play clever and stealthy but I was caught and executed for really annoying reasons like 10 times in a row before I even did anything.

I just have any implanted uplink and walk around with it open now. I got the fast draw on the cap with a 357 the other day because of it, highly suggest