Local player loses his head in admin complaints

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Local player loses his head in admin complaints

Post by Dax Dupont » #696453

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=696451#p696451
Virescent
Byond Username: Virescent

Re: Local player loses his head in admin complaints

Post by Virescent » #696954

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:35 pm
Virescent wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:17 pm the haters have the mentality of "THAT BASTARD HAS THE AUDACITY TO COMMENT TO HIS OWN PEANUT THREAD AND EVEN TALK BACK TO ME? HOW DARES HE!"
That’s the thing Vire, I don’t think they do. At most these are kneejerk reactions to the complaint (turbonerd was tweaking but like he does that at times). You are enjoying turning yourself into a forum menace after you made a few mistakes and people reacted accordingly. It’s hard to believe that they harbor any actual hatred for you and you don’t need to antagonize them and others in order to “stoke the flames” of your haters.

People are going to talk about you because the peanut thread is about you! The point of peanut threads is so this doesn’t go into the ban appeal itself!! This isn’t a unique situation, or even one that is all that rare
Oh I don't mean the literal hate hate. Since haters is a word which has much wider meaning than it used to, it can even be used for situations like this, just like the word "hate". I don't think that anyone here truly hates me from the bottom of their heart (would be pretty pathetic if they did), they are more like a bunch of angry and/or toxic people. Anyways, I'm not responding to any of them for quite a bit now so no need to worry about that.

Also I always thought that the reason for Peanut threads here was to not keep people's "crimes" hidden but instead put them on public. Or shame them if they make dumb mistakes.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696955

Virescent wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:31 pm
TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:35 pm
Virescent wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:17 pm the haters have the mentality of "THAT BASTARD HAS THE AUDACITY TO COMMENT TO HIS OWN PEANUT THREAD AND EVEN TALK BACK TO ME? HOW DARES HE!"
That’s the thing Vire, I don’t think they do. At most these are kneejerk reactions to the complaint (turbonerd was tweaking but like he does that at times). You are enjoying turning yourself into a forum menace after you made a few mistakes and people reacted accordingly. It’s hard to believe that they harbor any actual hatred for you and you don’t need to antagonize them and others in order to “stoke the flames” of your haters.

People are going to talk about you because the peanut thread is about you! The point of peanut threads is so this doesn’t go into the ban appeal itself!! This isn’t a unique situation, or even one that is all that rare
Oh I don't mean the literal hate hate. Since haters is a word which has much wider meaning than it used to, it can even be used for situations like this, just like the word "hate". I don't think that anyone here truly hates me from the bottom of their heart (would be pretty pathetic if they did), they are more like a bunch of angry and/or toxic people. Anyways, I'm not responding to any of them for quite a bit now so no need to worry about that.

Also I always thought that the reason for Peanut threads here was to not keep people's "crimes" hidden but instead put them on public. Or shame them if they make dumb mistakes.
psychopath lol
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #696963

Virescent wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:19 am Well like I said two times here by now, I stopped responding to the haters. I left them one last response and the only people that I'm willing to respond to now are people capable of normal conversation.
Peanut threads are pretty awful, this is true. I think outright ignoring the really dickish people would be healthier than making bold declarations against 'the haters', since that just fuels the dickish people and alienates others.

Take a break from the forums dude, the current trend isn't healthy.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #697049

We're just laughing at you and your posts here are even more entertainment.

This is a peanut gallery and all you've done is help them figure out that throwing peanuts at the monkey on the stage is an easy form of amusement.