I regret voting for Timberpoes

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by ekaterina » #696518

Bottom post of the previous page:

I just read one of the dumbest rulings ever made on tgstation. viewtopic.php?p=695750#p695750.

What the fuck does "can't use it to fight back" even mean? Expecting a player to just sit there and let himself be beaten is absolutely immersion-breaking. It's beyond stupid.

Even if that wording doesn't actually mean that and I just misinterpreted it, this is still an awful ruling. Something as trivial and basic as calling a ligger that resulting in something as major as a player being "valid" is absurd!
Last edited by ekaterina on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Re: I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by Unsane » #696730

Call lizards as forkies or Scalereek
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #696735

Archie700 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:48 pm Imagine thinking calling lizards the n-word but with an l is literally the only choice for hatred for lizards.

You could have called them scalies, taildraggers, slitherlips or even just lizard bastards.
i call em skinks
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #696744

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pm
nianjiilical wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:39 am i think this thread is proving that theres a fundamental misalignment with certain forum posters who simply do not understand that racial slurs are bad
Let me fix that for you: certain forum posters simply do not care that you think that fictional slurs are bad.
kinda funny how the people who think racial slurs are okay are consistently not being put in any position of authority or power in the community, and the people who think racial slurs are bad consistently are

at the end of the day if a majority of the people who actually control the servers think that saying racial slurs are bad then it kind of doesnt really matter if people care what they think or not, the same way how you could theoretically think erp and mass griefing is okay but that opinion doesnt actually matter because the people in charge of the game and community don't

its almost like the admin team is actually a lot more open minded and progressive than certain people want them to be or something
Archie700 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:48 pm Imagine thinking calling lizards the n-word but with an l is literally the only choice for hatred for lizards.

You could have called them scalies, taildraggers, slitherlips or even just lizard bastards.
also just to reiterate i dont think most people on the admin team have an issue with this sort of thing at all

you are allowed to be racist against lizards ic if you can manage to do it without being racist towards actual human beings ooc and if you can't manage that then maybe you're just racist
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #696749

I now know why this thread was made and honestly this is so sad. Ekat, please go drink your preference of tea or a nice hot chocolate and chill out, yo. This is so many wasted posts over nothing.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #696756

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:19 am that is not "de facto" banned because you will not be banned for saying it
It is a de facto round-length ban, because Timber went into nonsense territory by ruling you "can't fight back". Otherwise it would simply be a bad ruling I disagree with. This makes it a mind-numbingly dumb ruling.
i cannot accept that being killed in the game is, *in fact*, being banned. in one of these you break the commandments of the universe. the skies darken, the heavens part and the wrathful hand of the admin deep-state reaches down and plucks you from the game world, essentially writing you out of existence. it goes on your record. you are sternly asked to not do it again in an OOC discussion. it is a process that occurs outside of time and space. in the other, IC characters use the IC mechanics of the world to retaliate to your IC actions. there are ways you can avoid that. nonlethally defend yourself (shovestun them for example) and run away, or ensure they can't get to you in the first place before you say it. whatever you do, it is still a part of the IC world and the response is constrained by it because the response is also propagated as part of the IC world.

does that mean both can result in you ultimately not being able to play the game for a little while? in the end, if people choose to respond to that level, and you get caught with your pants down and can't escape that situation or defend yourself nonlethally or talk yourself out of it or convince someone to help you or access any of the other IC courses of action available to you as a free agent that has not been manhandled by the administrative powers-that-be, yes. but using this single point to reach the assertion that one is in fact the other is so reductive and ignorant to the circumstances and context around it that it becomes an almost nothing statement.

as for why you can't fight back lethally, as much as i would love to write you a long-winded essay that excessively explains concepts that should be simple, MSO has already said it all:
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:17 am Any time we have had a thing turn you valid, we have banned people who use that to start fights and win them, or people who use that to start fights than admin help losing.
there are already lots of things in the game that are resolved this way. being killed for IC reasons with IC mechanics when you would be in the wrong by murdering everyone who is responding to something you did is not in fact the same as being banned in those situations either.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #696757

Also you can...just take a ghost role or, like, play on another server or something, iunno.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696761

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:03 pm [an actual ban] goes on your record
using this single point to reach the assertion that one is in fact the other is reductive
NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:07 pm you can take a ghost role or play on another server
I acknowledge the relevant distinctions you two pointed out.
It doesn't make it any less retarded to turn saying a harmless word into "an advanced suicide verb", but it does refute my analogy of it to a ban.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696762

find a service nonhuman and be really patronizing and say things like "I'm sure a real smart human trained you, and then they dressed you for the part too!"
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #696767

is this actually bait or someone actually dying on a hill
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696768

TypicalRig wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:40 pm
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:57 am Imagine if you are in a hostile environment like space/plasmafire, You didnt space the area/plasmaflood, you are just vibing in there with a space suit/atmos modsuit.
You say ligger or whatever, a dumb lizard rushes into space/the fire to try and kill you, fails and dies because they you know, ran into space/a plasmafire.
They cry in ahelps that you killed them. BRUH, maybe dont rush into hostile environments
Imagine you are playing on your favourite TG station and you encounter a friendly group of lizards. But suddenly, a man holds a gun up to you irl and screams "Call them liggers right now or I'll blow your fucking brains out." A tear falls down your face, now faced with a moral dilemma. Do I say the L slur, anger these kind lizards, and face certain annihilation with no ability to retaliate? Or do I keep my morality and soul pure by refraining from using the word even at the cost of my own life? You find yourself burdened by such a conundrum and can't help but think "None of this would've ever happened if those stupid admins didn't make that ruling..."

tg players are just practicing their creative writing when they make up these random ass scenarios
the correct solution is to box-suicide, of course
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696769

GECKO FUCKERS AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

but no i love my lizard bros

i had a great time chilling with them in the sauna during the winter ball
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #696772

ekat you clearly have your own vision of how ss13 should be and how the community should be around it

please go make your own slurver where you can be as racist as you want with everyone else who wants to be """"ironic"""" racists

thanks
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #696773

this guy cares about the policy of his headmin vote? i picked timber no.1 because he was funny and also played science (the worst department in the game)

goof was a close second because goof is an enabler to a bunch of really fucking stupid ideas that are hilarious on paper and extremely detrimental in game (my favorite)
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #696776

Ziiro wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:02 pm please go make your own slurver
Making a server that is a clone copy of tg but with rules that allow slurs is only going to attract people who want to say slurs and can't do it on tg - everyone else will still take tg, since it has a higher pop, more servers, et cetera - and that's not a good basis for a server.
Making a new server is pointless unless you actually have something worthwhile to offer, like a different code base, a different language, or vastly different rules. It's not worth it over a disagreement with a rule with such a small scope.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #696782

ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:22 pm Making a server that is a clone copy of tg but with rules that allow slurs is only going to attract people who want to say slurs and can't do it on tg - everyone else will still take tg, since it has a higher pop, more servers, et cetera - and that's not a good basis for a server.
damn it he didn't fall for it
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696783

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:29 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:25 am that is a 0.02%, or a 1 in 5000, chance of this happening. i’m ok with those odds
The majority of us playing right now all agreed to the rules as a social contract to make the game as enjoyable as it can be for everyone for what it has to offer. Because, ultimately, it is a game and we want to make it fun while being fair on everyone playing it in good faith. This includes taking the occasional asswhooping for certain actions you bring upon yourself but are allowed to do (the aforementioned 'soul' as stated by MSO). If you cannot agree to this social contract, why are you here? What is fair on you, and why is this social contract not allowed to be altered if you are to be affected by its alteration? What motivation do you have to play, and what place does anyone else have in this equation that isn't yourself?

You don't have to run the risk assessment and roll the dice by just trying to follow along with this agreement. There is also a sentiment that people aren't perfect at following the rules to begin with, and that those people trying and failing deserve to be given a fair shake in good faith. If what you have said is true, have you not basically removed any doubt about your intentions and consideration for this social contract by saying you're going to play chicken with admins until you get banned? What good does that do anyone, including yourself? What if, hypothetically, you did get banned for it, even if by your own perception it seems unlikely? What would you do after that?
The social contract I and everyone else agree to includes the main rules, primarily rule 1, and any headmin rulings that classify as rule 1. Fun fact: did you know 99% of TG players don’t even read the forums? That’s right, the vast majority of the players who would even say ligger to begin with, aren’t aware of this ruling. It won’t affect them unless they use it to killbait.

I’m not going to use it to killbait so it won’t affect me. Does that make sense? Also, don’t put words in my mouth. I never said I’m going to play chicken until I get banned. I’m going to follow the rules that the admins enforce. If a headmin just really really hates the L word and makes some legalese exception rule that goes against commonsense escalation in a confusing way, that doesn’t seem relevant to me, nor do I see an admin really enforcing that, so I’ll keep it in mind but if it comes down to preventing myself from being killed because some rando overheard me say it in what was a somewhat acceptable context, and wants his free frag, he can get fucked.

I have let myself be killed before by the way, i.e. if I’ve instigated something for a poor reason, and the other player broke out lethals, and I can’t respond nonlethally, it does happen I’ll just take the L because I know responding lethally or winning the fight would be killbaiting. I’m not gonna killbait but I think this rule leaves out the situations where this WOULDN’T qualify as killbaiting, of course it doesn’t mention those situations because that’s a bit technical and gets away from the goal of the ruling: destroy people who say ligger.
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #696788

Lacran wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:13 am Its a social norm that people trust and percieve you diferently based on your personal opinions
Where? Definitely not where I live. I hope you realise not every place views these things the same way.
What country do you live in that doesn't do this? Are you the only citizen?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #696790

Lacran wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:47 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pmIts a social norm that people trust and percieve you diferently based on your personal opinions
Where? Definitely not where I live. I hope you realise not every place views these things the same way.
Ekat are you fucking retarded?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #696791

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:17 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pmIts a social norm that people trust and percieve you diferently based on your personal opinions
Why did you swap the quote usernames around?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #696797

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:18 pm
I can't believe Lacran would say that
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #696810

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:18 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:47 pm
Lacwhateverthefucktheirnameis wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pmIts a social norm that people trust and percieve you diferently based on your personal opinions
I fucked up I shouldve deleted the last quote from the top not the bottom,
Living God

Extraordinary Person

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #696831

Ekat made a medicated post
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #696851

Wait till we see the new silicon policy!!

That will tell us if this team truely is good.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #697103

Remove the rule where you're not allowed to fight back.
You hunt valids at your own risk, simple as, you dont get to cry if you are unrobust, maybe dont engage in fights?
conrad

Post by conrad » #697104

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:18 pm Remove the rule where you're not allowed to fight back.
You hunt valids at your own risk, simple as, you dont get to cry if you are unrobust, maybe dont engage in fights?
This man is fighting for his right to say ligger.

I've seen one dude do it on Terry when I did my speciest gimmick (which was wasted on Terry except for this) and he got FUCKING LYNCHED immediately. It was dope.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #697105

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:18 pm Remove the rule where you're not allowed to fight back.

This.
conrad wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:30 pm This man is fighting for his right to say ligger.
As he damn well should.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697106

Talk shit get hit, simple as. You don't get to defend yourself over saying a low effort slur, maybe don't be racist?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #697109

Fren256 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:58 pm
Talk shit get hit, simple as. You don't get to defend yourself over saying a low effort slur, maybe don't be racist?
Don't play a ligger and don't get called a ligger idk
Image Image
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697110

Boot wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:10 pm
Fren256 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:58 pm
Don't play a ligger and don't get called a ligger idk
Don't say the L word and don't get RR'd lol
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #697112

Fren256 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:58 pm Talk shit get hit, simple as. You don't get to defend yourself over saying a low effort slur, maybe don't be racist?
What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur? It's beyond nonsensical, it's so dumb that it breaks suspension of disbelief.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #697114

ekaterina wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:04 pm
Calling a lizard a "ligger" is no different to me to calling a plasmaman a "plasmeme" or calling borgs "silly cones". It's a funny alternative name. Yet we have people like Vekter and Fren255 being all weird about it.
guys a slur with 1 letter changed is such a funny alternative name and not a shitty attempt to use an actual slur because lizard
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #697115

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 am
Fren256 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:58 pm Talk shit get hit, simple as. You don't get to defend yourself over saying a low effort slur, maybe don't be racist?
What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur? It's beyond nonsensical, it's so dumb that it breaks suspension of disbelief.
This is a video game ekat
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #697116

actually it's pretty well documented if you say the n word in real life there's a statistical chance you're about to get the teeth removed from your face.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697117

you guys are insane

the ruling is clearly a very cleverly crafted way to discourage ligger without outright banning it because MSO (who’s in the ULTIMATE position of power in TG) doesn’t think it should be disallowed

and he doesn’t think it should be disallowed because ligger isn’t a racial slur. unless you consider lizards a real race, but they’re just an in-game race so it’s much different. yeah it’s a play on the N word but it’s not used in that capacity whatsoever, it’s used to refer to lizards. so it’s not a racist thing to say. that’s why it’s still allowed
Spoiler:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #697119

MSO doesn't support a ban on ligger because its /tg/station's best excuse to remove the race codeside or on the servers. I support this reasoning after a recent retrospective on how far lizard players have fallen.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697120

i don’t even say ligger but all the people sperging out about it and getting on their moral soapbox over it make me wanna spam that shit every round fr
Spoiler:
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697123

What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur?
I'll simply tell the real-life admins that they tried to killbait me and they'll get banned.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #697124

Can you get RRed for advocating sending the lizards back to ashworld?
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697125

well good thing theres a headmin ruling now clearly stating that you cannot use it to fight back or escalation bait
NSFW:
along with semi-omnipresent gods that make sure these rulings are being followed in the video game that we play.

Maybe dont say the L word, pal

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:49 am Can you get RRed for advocating sending the lizards back to ashworld?
i do similar all the time, as long as you treat it at something over the top and silly, while still trying to be offensive instead of as a 15 year old
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697126

Fighting back is fine it`s when you are in a position of authority and get sec / half the armed crew involved in an attempt to defend you is when it starts escalating out of proportion and hijacks the round.

Then it becomes a clusterfuck, do the people who have a right to lynch you by extension have a right to fight back against the people who batoned them in an attempt to defend you?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #697143

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:38 am i don’t even say ligger but all the people sperging out about it and getting on their moral soapbox over it make me wanna spam that shit every round fr
People just don't want to hear it is all. I've mentioned before that I don't think the vast majority of people are saying it to be racist, but to be edgy and get a reaction. And then they pretend to be outraged that their "subtle, nuanced, and clever sense of humor" got a reaction.

I don't want to hear it the same way I don't want to hear the whole 'I identify as an attack helicopter' "joke" that you say if you are either a middle schooler or just have the maturity of one.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #697146

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:24 am you guys are insane

the ruling is clearly a very cleverly crafted way to discourage ligger without outright banning it because MSO (who’s in the ULTIMATE position of power in TG) doesn’t think it should be disallowed

and he doesn’t think it should be disallowed because ligger isn’t a racial slur. unless you consider lizards a real race, but they’re just an in-game race so it’s much different. yeah it’s a play on the N word but it’s not used in that capacity whatsoever, it’s used to refer to lizards. so it’s not a racist thing to say. that’s why it’s still allowed
I am fairly certain MSO is happy with this, the L word isnt banned but if you say it someone might kick your shins in.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #697147

This allows antagonists to reign supreme, able to kill anyone with impunity and go "HE/SHE SAID LIGGER" to try and deflect, crew would be too afraid to interfere with you killing crew because if they really did say ligger, they would be valid for escalation and round removal.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #697149

top 5 things that never happened and even if they do won't become a predominant issue

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #697150

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:17 am
well good thing theres a headmin ruling now clearly stating that you cannot use it to fight back or escalation bait
NSFW:
way to miss the entire point of the thread that you announce the very ruling the op is mad at as if it was a new development
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #697151

oranges wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:14 am actually it's pretty well documented if you say the n word in real life there's a statistical chance you're about to get the teeth removed from your face.
Only if you experience a skill issue and can't win the ensuing fight (a fight which doesn't even always happen), which is the entire point.
Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:35 am how far lizard players have fallen.
Fallen indeed... liggers used to have cool players, they used to be respectable wardens and officers, nowadays half of them act like rabid dogs waiting to pounce on someone for saying "ligger". There's still a cool other half, at least.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 am What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur? It's beyond nonsensical, it's so dumb that it breaks suspension of disbelief.
"Good" thing? My point was that ruling is completely retarded to the point of breaking my immersion, how is that anywhere near good? Are you feeling ok?
MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:23 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:17 am well good thing theres a headmin ruling now clearly stating that you cannot use it to fight back or escalation bait
way to miss the entire point of the thread that you announce the very ruling the op is mad at as if it was a new development
lol, MSO caught Lisa in 4k
NoxVS wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:00 am I don't think the vast majority of people are saying it to be racist, but to be edgy and get a reaction
Not even that. I just say it because it's what I got used to calling that species, just like I call plasmemes this and like how I call felinids 'genetrash' (the latter, unlike the former two, being intended as an insult).
NoxVS wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:00 am I don't want to hear it the same way I don't want to hear the whole 'I identify as an attack helicopter' "joke" that you say if you are either a middle schooler or just have the maturity of one.
I don't believe maturity is measured by compliance with your political beliefs or number of jokes made about them.
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:10 am I am fairly certain MSO is happy with this, the L word isnt banned but if you say it someone might kick your shins in.
That would be fine, if it weren't for the non-applicability of this:
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697154

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:06 am
"Good" thing? My point was that ruling is completely retarded to the point of breaking my immersion, how is that anywhere near good? Are you feeling ok?
How is it immersion breaking for someone who is of low income to want to off you over calling them a slur.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697159

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:10 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:24 am you guys are insane

I am fairly certain MSO is happy with this, the L word isnt banned but if you say it someone might kick your shins in.
where did I imply he wasn’t ok with this
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:17 am This allows antagonists to reign supreme, able to kill anyone with impunity and go "HE/SHE SAID LIGGER" to try and deflect, crew would be too afraid to interfere with you killing crew because if they really did say ligger, they would be valid for escalation and round removal.
actually clever, noted
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #697160

Let's all collectively agree that voting for Timberpoes is like an addiction.

You do it, you realise the outcome, there's some high highs but damn do you regret the downer that comes afterwards.

And you can't help yourself but to want to do it again.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad

Post by conrad » #697161

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 am What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur? It's beyond nonsensical, it's so dumb that it breaks suspension of disbelief.
I prefer people that say ligger to be deleted as a sign of disencouragement than have MY immersion broken by an IRL slur that, if used without the lizard modulation, is rule 3 break.

I'm amazed that, with all your rule lawyering nonsense, you don't actually see this.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697177

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am
I prefer people that say ligger to be deleted as a sign of disencouragement than have MY immersion broken by an IRL slur that, if used without the lizard modulation, is rule 3 break.

I'm amazed that, with all your rule lawyering nonsense, you don't actually see this.
The word doesn't even have an IC justification for it to exist. With other especiesist slurs you can at least relate them to their characteristics, like forkie (forked tongues) or scaleback (scaly skin). Hell, even the IRL slur it's based of, nigger, literally refers to the colour black. Meanwhile, the L word is just there for the sake of being offensive or as a workaround to be racist towards black people, so it's very clearly an OOC term with zero purpose IC.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler: