I regret voting for Timberpoes

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by ekaterina » #696518

Bottom post of the previous page:

I just read one of the dumbest rulings ever made on tgstation. viewtopic.php?p=695750#p695750.

What the fuck does "can't use it to fight back" even mean? Expecting a player to just sit there and let himself be beaten is absolutely immersion-breaking. It's beyond stupid.

Even if that wording doesn't actually mean that and I just misinterpreted it, this is still an awful ruling. Something as trivial and basic as calling a ligger that resulting in something as major as a player being "valid" is absurd!
Last edited by ekaterina on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Re: I regret voting for Timberpoes

Post by Fren256 » #697177

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:06 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:17 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 am What do you think will happen if you start acting like a gorilla with rabies over someone calling you a slur in real life? Do you think that person will just stop defending herself because she said a slur? It's beyond nonsensical, it's so dumb that it breaks suspension of disbelief.
well good thing theres a headmin ruling now clearly stating that you cannot use it to fight back or escalation bait
"Good" thing? My point was that ruling is completely retarded to the point of breaking my immersion, how is that anywhere near good? Are you feeling ok?
I prefer people that say ligger to be deleted as a sign of disencouragement than have MY immersion broken by an IRL slur that, if used without the lizard modulation, is rule 3 break.

I'm amazed that, with all your rule lawyering nonsense, you don't actually see this.
The word doesn't even have an IC justification for it to exist. With other especiesist slurs you can at least relate them to their characteristics, like forkie (forked tongues) or scaleback (scaly skin). Hell, even the IRL slur it's based of, nigger, literally refers to the colour black. Meanwhile, the L word is just there for the sake of being offensive or as a workaround to be racist towards black people, so it's very clearly an OOC term with zero purpose IC.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697178

Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:58 pm Meanwhile, the L word is just there for the sake of being offensive or as a workaround to be racist towards black people.
Nah not really
It’s used because so many people freak out over it and insults are intended to create an anger response

Y’all are literally keeping the word in use with every indignant comment over its usage

Want ligger to go away? *Laugh when you get called a ligger
Spoiler:
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697180

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 pm Nah not really
It’s used because so many people freak out over it and insults are intended to create an anger response
Glad we agree it's an OOC term.
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 pm Want ligger to go away? *Laugh when you get called a ligger
Nah I'm just gonna throw you into the SM 8-)
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697185

Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:14 pm
Saying something to incite an anger response doesn’t make it an OOC term, that applies to like every insult ever.
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 pm Want ligger to go away? *Laugh when you get called a ligger
Nah I'm just gonna throw you into the SM 8-)
I don’t think so
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697186

Just for the record I’m keeping a mental list of all the shook takes in this thread and storing liggerbombs in the back of my mind for each and every one of you
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #697190

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:17 am This allows antagonists to reign supreme, able to kill anyone with impunity and go "HE/SHE SAID LIGGER" to try and deflect, crew would be too afraid to interfere with you killing crew because if they really did say ligger, they would be valid for escalation and round removal.
Depends on the admin, but using an ooc ruling for this can be counted as metagaming so abusing this can get you noted/banned
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697192

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:33 pm
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:17 am This allows antagonists to reign supreme, able to kill anyone with impunity and go "HE/SHE SAID LIGGER" to try and deflect, crew would be too afraid to interfere with you killing crew because if they really did say ligger, they would be valid for escalation and round removal.
Depends on the admin, but using an ooc ruling for this can be counted as metagaming so abusing this can get you noted/banned
No shot lol
that would be psychotic
rule 4 baby I will gaslight and lie and cheat and be a massive bitch and you will close the tickets generated in clear conscience
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #697195

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:37 pm
No shot lol
that would be psychotic
rule 4 baby I will gaslight and lie and cheat and be a massive bitch and you will close the tickets generated in clear conscience
Yeah ofc, its just that if you abuse it an admin can slap you.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697196

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:40 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:37 pm
No shot lol
that would be psychotic
Yeah ofc, its just that if you abuse it an admin can slap you.
If you manage to convince sec that the guy you killed was validly murdered because he said ligger, that is your right and your privilege as an antagonist.

I don’t think there’s anything antags aren’t allowed to say to get away with something aside from rule 8 stuff, rule 11 stuff, and OCK ICK
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697200

That reminds me of this one time when I was somewhat new, this dude Raymond Dugmore (i think that was his name) made a chaplain sect called “the church of lesbianism.” I had killed some guy as a tot and was caught red handed with the body, spaghetti out of pockets I tried to obfuscate the situation and distract them by talking about the church of lesbianism and started saying some insane things to just make them forget I had a fuckin body with me. Got bwoinked cause it was sorta rule 8-ey but the admin understood the goal so i didn’t get noted. Reminded me of this oddly specific yet relevant example.
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #697201

Using an ooc ruling to your advantage in this maner is metagaming. Its fine to do once or twice but if you keep using it multiple antag shifts in a row I’d tell you to knock it off. (Also if the crew acts on it without question thats a seperate issue)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #697202

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:51 pm That reminds me of this one time when I was somewhat new, this dude Raymond Dugmore (i think that was his name) made a chaplain sect called “the church of lesbianism.” I had killed some guy as a tot and was caught red handed with the body, spaghetti out of pockets I tried to obfuscate the situation and distract them by talking about the church of lesbianism and started saying some insane things to just make them forget I had a fuckin body with me. Got bwoinked cause it was sorta rule 8-ey but the admin understood the goal so i didn’t get noted. Reminded me of this oddly specific yet relevant example.
lol
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697205

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:53 pm Using an ooc ruling to your advantage in this maner is metagaming. Its fine to do once or twice but if you keep using it multiple antag shifts in a row I’d tell you to knock it off. (Also if the crew acts on it without question thats a seperate issue)
How is that metagaming exactly? I thought metagaming was using info your character can't know in-game to give yourself an advantage.
It's not like they have to believe you, I think it's definitely on them if they do. It's really no different than any other excuse except it's kinda funnier.
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #697206

I have literally never been caught for murder.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #697218

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:55 am How is it immersion breaking for someone who is of low income to want to off you over calling them a slur.
It isn't, it's along the line of similar things that happen in SS13 but not in real life. What IS immersion breaking is for you to not be able to fight back.
conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am (...) have MY immersion broken by an IRL slur that, if used without the lizard modulation, is rule 3 break
"Whoa, if this word was a different word, the person would be saying something else!"
Gee, mister, who would've thunk it? What point are you even trying to make? That it's ock ick, same as Fren256?
Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:58 pm The word doesn't even have an IC justification for it to exist. With other especiesist slurs you can at least relate them to their characteristics, like forkie (forked tongues) or scaleback (scaly skin). Hell, even the IRL slur it's based of, nigger, literally refers to the colour black. Meanwhile, the L word is just there for the sake of being offensive or as a workaround to be racist towards black people, so it's very clearly an OOC term with zero purpose IC.
And if Timberpoes agrees with this, the proper course of action would be to add it to either the soft or hard filters. I wouldn't necessarily agree but I wouldn't care enough to regret voting for him like I do now. Ruling that "ligger" is ock ick is a legitimate ruling, even if I disagree, unlike the dumbass ruling this thread was made about.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #697222

ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:22 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:55 am How is it immersion breaking for someone who is of low income to want to off you over calling them a slur.
It isn't, it's along the line of similar things that happen in SS13 but not in real life. What IS immersion breaking is for you to not be able to fight back.
I dunno man if you dropped a hard r on someone and you then fought back yeah maybe according to the letter of the law you might have been allowed to but good luck with a jury.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #697227

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:50 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:22 pm
I dunno man if you dropped a hard r on someone and you then fought back yeah maybe according to the letter of the law you might have been allowed to but good luck with a jury.
The country in which I am living right now does not have jury trials, and, even if I did live in the USA, I could request a trial by bench, rendering a jury's optics irrelevant. Besides, even if the law didn't allow you to fight back (which would be beyond retarded), any sane person would do it anyway. "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

This analogy doesn't work either way. We're not talking about security coming after you for fighting back in violation of Space Law, we're, as dendydoom pointed out, talking about a metaphysical force (the admins) stopping you from fighting back, or deleting you from existence after the fact.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697229

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:22 pm
Saying something to incite an anger response doesn’t make it an OOC term, that applies to like every insult ever.
It is an OOC (Out Of Character, if you forgot what it meant) term because you're trying to get a reaction out of the players, not their characters. Just like how you keep threatening to say the word to people against its usage:
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:25 pm Just for the record I’m keeping a mental list of all the shook takes in this thread and storing liggerbombs in the back of my mind for each and every one of you
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697232

ong there's no way you people can be this dented. It has to be trolling.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #697233

Just Don't Say The (Un)Funny Word... Problem Solved...

Just use something more creative and people won't give a shit.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697236

Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:37 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:22 pm
It is an OOC (Out Of Character, if you forgot what it meant) term because you're trying to get a reaction out of the players, not their characters.
You could say that about every single insult my friend, not just the L word.
The more pussified people act about it the more it makes me want to say it. Maybe they'll get over it via exposure therapy.
Spoiler:
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697237

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:12 pm You could say that about every single insult my friend, not just the L word.
Maybe, but it'd depend on the context. In any case, it's not the same for the L word because:
serxule wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:46 am guys a slur with 1 letter changed is such a funny alternative name and not a shitty attempt to use an actual slur because lizard
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:12 pm The more pussified people act about it the more it makes me want to say it. Maybe they'll get over it via exposure therapy.
No you're just a dumbfuck contrarian that gets worked up over people telling you that what you're doing is wrong.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697238

Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:32 pm No you're just a dumbfuck contrarian that gets worked up over people telling you that what you're doing is wrong.
ok ligger
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697244

i think the only people who actually get offended at hearing this word are lizard players who are super insecure about the fact they’re lizard players and hate that there’s a really good slur just for them

so they act like omg actually this is so offensive and racist, and morally prostrate etc. but at the end of the day no one who has the right to has actually taken personal IRL offense at the L word, just a bunch of lizard players as white as the day is long blowing smoke over nothing

same typa mfs that went into the “naked lizard sauna” during the 2021 toolbox and emote *wag when they get harmed
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697246

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:25 pm Just for the record I’m keeping a mental list of all the shook takes in this thread and storing liggerbombs in the back of my mind for each and every one of you
don't worry we are all well aware of the extent you will go to for some attention.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697247

wow you guys are still posting huh
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #697248

i think timberpoes seems pretty cool
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697249

dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:58 pm
don't worry we are all well aware of the extent you will go to for some attention.
what a ferocious little bite dendy
it was a joke pal did someone shit in your cereal
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697250

get some new material geezer
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #697251

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:02 pm
dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:58 pm
what a ferocious little bite dendy
it was a joke pal did someone shit in your cereal
so was mine. i do hope you're not getting sensitive over a harmless little joke...
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697252

Look at me with a straight face, dead in the eyes, and tell me this is a coincidence.
dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:58 pm don't worry we are all well aware of the extent you will go to for some attention.
Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:58 pm The word doesn't even have an IC justification for it to exist. With other especiesist slurs you can at least relate them to their characteristics, like forkie (forked tongues) or scaleback (scaly skin). Hell, even the IRL slur it's based of, nigger, literally refers to the colour black. Meanwhile, the L word is just there for the sake of being offensive or as a workaround to be racist towards black people, so it's very clearly an OOC term with zero purpose IC.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #697255

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:09 pm Look at me with a straight face, dead in the eyes, and tell me this is a coincidence.
you mean the throwaway character i play when i'm stoned and don't want attention on my static, that i've used for literally 2 rounds?

this is concerning behaviour even for you, sinful. one little friendly jab and you're taking like columbo to the scrubby logs to search for evidence for your little conspiracies. chill out!
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697256

this gorlak spends all his time sperging about admins but he spends more time cataloguing people's playtime and character names than any jannie
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #697257

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:09 pm
► Show Spoiler
sinful im lolling right now
respect (let him do his thing)
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #697258

How about we come up with a new term instead of using an offensive one from out-of-character sources? For example, if I remember correctly, the Lizards are from Tizira, so maybe instead of the racist term 'Ti'zren' for them which translates to "Lizard Scum", we could use something like 'Tiziran' or 'Tizirans' to refer to them without being offensive.

Also, I think it would be interesting to have non-humans call humans 'Terran Apes' as an IC slur, just to add some depth to the world and interactions.
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #697259

Mon'keigh, and for non-humans there are plenty of options from lightbulb to sock eater to fungus amongus
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697260

Unsane wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:19 pm How about we come up with a new term instead of using an offensive one from out-of-character sources? For example, if I remember correctly, the Lizards are from Tizira, so maybe instead of the racist term 'Ti'zren' for them which translates to "Lizard Scum", we could use something like 'Tiziran' or 'Tizirans' to refer to them without being offensive.

Also, I think it would be interesting to have non-humans call humans 'Terran Apes' as an IC slur, just to add some depth to the world and interactions.
being offensive in character does not matter to these people as they exclusively play on the no-roleplaying euro server.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697261

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:21 pm Mon'keigh, and for non-humans there are plenty of options from lightbulb to sock eater to fungus amongus
You'd have to hold me down and jab me with a cattleprod to get me to call someone "fungus amongus" as a SLUR.
A slur is supposed to be OFFENSIVE. That's the ENTIRE point of a slur. Tell me, how much offense is taken by "my little fungy amongy xDDD"? NONE. It's the equivalent to calling someone a "dumbo stupidhead baka!!"

Ligger, on the other hand? How many pages is this thread? Exactly. It's the perfect IC slur.

One sounds RACIST, the other sounds like a fruity way to flirt with someone.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:13 pm this gorlak spends all his time sperging about admins but he spends more time cataloguing people's playtime and character names than any jannie
Someone has to take up the mantle after the Crag Castration event of 2023
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697265

i just called people funny names you silly head you literally spend hours running in circles logdiving to try and prove some sort of conspiracy against your ability to call people the gamer word when no one is stopping you from doing it they just call you a fucking idiot for being obsessed with it

holy shit dude if you ever manage to to get a crumb of pussy you're going to become insufferable i can see it now, 7 page threads where you scream that manuelite server culture is infringing on your god given right as a Totally Alpha Sex Haver to ERP with other pimply faced teenage boys in a poorly coded atmospherics simulator
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #697267

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:23 pm
Unsane wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:19 pm How about we come up with a new term instead of using an offensive one from out-of-character sources? For example, if I remember correctly, the Lizards are from Tizira, so maybe instead of the racist term 'Ti'zren' for them which translates to "Lizard Scum", we could use something like 'Tiziran' or 'Tizirans' to refer to them without being offensive.

being offensive in character does not matter to these people as they exclusively play on the no-roleplaying euro server.
actually a good point lol
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697268

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:38 pm i just called people funny names you silly head you literally spend hours running in circles logdiving to try and prove some sort of conspiracy against your ability to call people the gamer word when no one is stopping you from doing it they just call you a fucking idiot for being obsessed with it

holy shit dude if you ever manage to to get a crumb of pussy you're going to become insufferable i can see it now, 7 page threads where you scream that manuelite server culture is infringing on your god given right as a Totally Alpha Sex Haver to ERP with other pimply faced teenage boys in a poorly coded atmospherics simulator
I knew the real Crag was still in there somewhere
Welcome back :D
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697278

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Fren256 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:32 pm No you're just a dumbfuck contrarian that gets worked up over people telling you that what you're doing is wrong.
ok ligger
This is the most case in point that has ever case in pointed in the history of cases and points.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #697280

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:45 pm i think the only people who actually get offended at hearing this word are lizard players who are super insecure about the fact they’re lizard players and hate that there’s a really good slur just for them

so they act like omg actually this is so offensive and racist, and morally prostrate etc. but at the end of the day no one who has the right to has actually taken personal IRL offense at the L word, just a bunch of lizard players as white as the day is long blowing smoke over nothing

same typa mfs that went into the “naked lizard sauna” during the 2021 toolbox and emote *wag when they get harmed
Nice try moving the goalposts, the whole reason ligger exists is to get an OOC reaction out of people because of its association with the real world N word. Please stop being obtuse before I lose the little bit of respect I have for you.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #697283

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:28 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:21 pm Mon'keigh, and for non-humans there are plenty of options from lightbulb to sock eater to fungus amongus
You'd have to hold me down and jab me with a cattleprod to get me to call someone "fungus amongus" as a SLUR.
A slur is supposed to be OFFENSIVE. That's the ENTIRE point of a slur. Tell me, how much offense is taken by "my little fungy amongy xDDD"? NONE. It's the equivalent to calling someone a "dumbo stupidhead baka!!"

Ligger, on the other hand? How many pages is this thread? Exactly. It's the perfect IC slur.

One sounds RACIST, the other sounds like a fruity way to flirt with someone.
Why does "Ligger" sound racist? Because its the n-word with one letter changed. Also the other ones arent meant to be slurs and more just funny names.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697284

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:09 pm I'm grasping at straws someone please support my deranged racist takes
Ad hominem
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697285

The only reason Ligger gets this reaction is due to the IRL slur association. Using said IRL slur nets you either a rule 3 or rule 8 ban. There's no equivalent for plasmemes or felinids, and the last person to try to coin one for moths is permabanned.

Calling plasmemes bungus or someone who's a friend of a lizard gecko fucker doesn't elicit the same reaction precisely cos we don't have fungus or lizard people IRL.

If the only leg your insult in the game stands is an IRL slur that breaks two different rules, you need to be specially stupid to think that's "perfectly IC".
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
conrad

Post by conrad » #697286

Oh yeah, and scrubby diving to win arguments in the players club is fucking cringe. I don't have lizard rounds. I play a human that's on occasion very much against non-humans. Watch sinful pull an excuse out of his ass for me disliking ligger like a balloon animal.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #697288

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:45 pm i think the only people who actually get offended at hearing this word are lizard players who are super insecure about the fact they’re lizard players and hate that there’s a really good slur just for them

high quality unmedicated sinful post
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697298

This wasnt started by lizards, to many players its probably just an arbitrary "mime spoke" or "dude has contraband" sort of thing where youre allowed to lynch, as someone who valid hunts I think you`d be able to comprehend that given your old playstyle of literally searching people`s inventories to see if they were wearing void cloak and following space law whenever it meant you are allowed to jump someone.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697308

The Wrench wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:23 pm Nice try moving the goalposts, the whole reason ligger exists is to get an OOC reaction out of people because of its association with the real world N word. Please stop being obtuse before I lose the little bit of respect I have for you.
Every insult exists to get a reaction out of people.
Ligger is an IC slur but not a slur IRL.
The reason it's allowed is because it's not a slur IRL.
If it's used in any connotation that refers to the slur IRL (e.g. "go back to ligfrica"), you get banned.
So why all the bitching and moaning over it?
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697309

5 pages lesgooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO
With love,
A genuine cyclops.