Paris Has Fallen

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Paris Has Fallen

Post by Pepper » #696808

For those keeping track, that's 22 days.

Pour one out.
help
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Paris Has Fallen

Post by oranges » #696811

it didnt' last
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #696813

I voted against unbanning him
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #696815

i don't think France is gonna recover from this one
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #696817

kawoppi wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:15 pm i don't think France is gonna recover from this one
Eh, it'd be better off without Paris anyways
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #696818

Can't wait for the roudy bunch to say that they got perma'd 'cos of the "the administrative team is irritated" bit with utter and complete tunnel vision to the rest of the ban reason kek
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #696819

Jeez, and I felt like a shitter for getting two notes in a month and a half.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #696820

Democracy has failed us

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #696822

give him five years
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #696824

Local man fucks around and finds out.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696827

a frag is a frag
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
conrad

Post by conrad » #696828

Sightld2 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:30 pm Democracy has failed us
Democracy basically means government by the people, of the people, for the people.

But the people are retarded.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696832

i tried to explain to him what rp was
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #696833

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:35 am i tried to explain to him what rp was
It didn't take.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #696838

This man has two main issues that I have gleemed from my interactions with him:

>Does not know how not to be an asshole

>Does not know when to take a break (both self imposed, and when given to him)
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #696839

Kinda sucks that someone broke the tie while everyone was asleep. Kinda disappointed in how many notes and bans it needed to kill someone in probation fresh out of a get fucked permanent ban.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #696840

respect (let him do his thing)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696842

conrad wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:24 pm Can't wait for the roudy bunch to say that they got perma'd 'cos of the "the administrative team is irritated" bit with utter and complete tunnel vision to the rest of the ban reason kek
That is obviously the reason he got banned, Omega doesn’t come online enough to really experience Paris aside from whatever salt is generated over him in admin channels and in general.

Not saying that’s a bad thing or anything, but it’s sorta how it goes.
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696843

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:37 am
conrad wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:24 pm Can't wait for the roudy bunch to say that they got perma'd 'cos of the "the administrative team is irritated" bit with utter and complete tunnel vision to the rest of the ban reason kek
That is obviously the reason he got banned
did you glaze over the bit about getting a note every 12 hours played
or how a HOS main got a 2w command ban 3 weeks after being unbanned
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #696844

this guy gets 4 notes in 48 hours and gets in trouble

why did he have the opportunity to get so many?
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696846

he managed to irritate me so much with so many little things that I gained a note/ban for throwing him infront of the tram
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696847

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:39 am
I saw that, but you weren’t on the servers for those bans/notes right? So you must’ve heard about them through other sources and then come on at some point to perma him based on his history.

It’s sorta like that for lots of QC bans, it was for Lucy where Spookuni came on despite solely adminning Manuel to dole out the permaban likely because of hearing lots of complaints in adminchannels. It’s not a criticism just more an observation — no shit the admins all getting irritated over a player will lead to that player getting whacked! That doesn’t mean it’s not deserved.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #696854

This whole thing is just an excuse for sinful to indirectly request Somah's note history.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #696859

One note every 12 hours Is crazy. I felt really bad this month for getting 3 notes
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696876

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 am
I saw that, but you weren’t on the servers for those bans/notes right? So you must’ve heard about them through other sources and then come on at some point to perma him based on his history.
no, but most admins aren't on the same server at the same time as anyone else's notes are placed either (the entire admin team doesnt manifest every time any admin places a note on someone)- I have to implicitly trust my fellow admins in making sensible notes, and the same applies for just about any ban- even cut-and-dry shit like "I saw you murder 3 ppl with a maxcap fnr thats a 3day" an admin'll be reading someone else's notes first and seeing if other admins have mentioned em behaving poorly via the notes placed

in this case, I read their notes and ban record, saw that they haven't been improving, and with the information gathered from Literally Every Single Admin Who Contributed In The Discussion, their logs, and their notes/bans, that they weren't up to the quality we wanted to see. It's not just "other admins said ban omega banned" and I think that representing it as such vastly devalues literally every other source we have of passing judgement or recording/reading histories of players
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #696878

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:52 am
no, but most admins aren't on the same server at the same time as anyone else's notes are placed either (the entire admin team doesnt manifest every time any admin places a note on someone)- I have to implicitly trust my fellow admins in making sensible notes, and the same applies for just about any ban- even cut-and-dry shit like "I saw you murder 3 ppl with a maxcap fnr thats a 3day" an admin'll be reading someone else's notes first and seeing if other admins have mentioned em behaving poorly via the notes placed

in this case, I read their notes and ban record, saw that they haven't been improving, and with the information gathered from Literally Every Single Admin Who Contributed In The Discussion, their logs, and their notes/bans, that they weren't up to the quality we wanted to see. It's not just "other admins said ban omega banned" and I think that representing it as such vastly devalues literally every other source we have of passing judgement or recording/reading histories of players
I’m not sure how things work there and neither is anyone else, don’t take offense to anything I’m saying I’m really just guessing how it all works.

The part I got confused at was the “saw they haven’t been improving” because that implies you saw something specifically, but nothing specific was listed anywhere. Haven’t seen you on while Paris has been playing so I assume you just meant other admins talking about their play rather than some actions/playstyle you specifically saw.
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #696884

That is obviously the reason he got banned, Omega doesn’t come online enough to really experience Paris aside from whatever salt is generated over him in admin channels and in general.

I'm a goddamn prophet.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #696891

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:09 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:52 am

I’m not sure how things work there and neither is anyone else, don’t take offense to anything I’m saying I’m really just guessing how it all works.

The part I got confused at was the “saw they haven’t been improving” because that implies you saw something specifically, but nothing specific was listed anywhere. Haven’t seen you on while Paris has been playing so I assume you just meant other admins talking about their play rather than some actions/playstyle you specifically saw.
He probably just saw that they were accumulating notes at a constant rate and concluded reasonably that there wasn't an improvement; establishing a trend from looking at data isn't rocket science.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #696892

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:41 am

I'm a goddamn prophet.
Next you'll tell us the sky is blue. Like that'll ever happen, you loon.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #696927

I'm a goddamn prophet.
In other news, water is wet.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696930

No no sinful it was more of an alley oop he got his command ban and then went offline and woke up to the permaban
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #696932

TheLoLSwat should try playing the game sometime before the summer ends so I can read their ban peanut at the beach once i print it out.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
conrad

Post by conrad » #696943

Qbmax32 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:53 pm

I'm a goddamn prophet.
In other news, water is wet.
I never said I was a particularly good prophet.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696944

Capsandi wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:10 pm TheLoLSwat should try playing the game sometime before the summer ends so I can read their ban peanut at the beach once i print it out.

I do play the game…. I just make a phone call every week to better my standing with the admins like when you call Lester to decrease your star level

+ Lisa Green can’t get banned, she has like 349 make a wish visits completed, with even a dozen of them being to nonhumans

++ what the flarp???
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696959

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:56 am he managed to irritate me so much with so many little things that I gained a note/ban for throwing him infront of the tram
don't feel bad, i got a note for decapitating lucy
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #696960

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:38 pm
Capsandi wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:10 pm TheLoLSwat should try playing the game sometime before the summer ends so I can read their ban peanut at the beach once i print it out.

I do play the game…. I just make a phone call every week to better my standing with the admins like when you call Lester to decrease your star level
literally on a fucking roll here keep it up
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #696964

should've kept the vote balanced. i tried to warn you...
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Post by Wolfmoy » #696967

he fragged too hard.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #696970

Man, I miss Paris. He was pretty fun the one shift I got with him.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #696973

The Wrench wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:43 pm Man, I miss Paris. He was pretty fun the one shift I got with him.
one shift, thank you for this vouch
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #696981

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:56 pm
The Wrench wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:43 pm Man, I miss Paris. He was pretty fun the one shift I got with him.
he was pretty fun the multiple shifts I got with him
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #696982

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:16 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:56 pm
he was pretty fun the multiple shifts I got with him
the first time i met him, I shoved him and he threw a fit. I told him to calm down for the rest of the round, I dunno maybe i just got the wrong paris
Living God

Extraordinary Person

spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #697029

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 am It’s sorta like that for lots of QC bans, it was for Lucy where Spookuni came on despite solely adminning Manuel to dole out the permaban likely because of hearing lots of complaints in adminchannels. It’s not a criticism just more an observation — no shit the admins all getting irritated over a player will lead to that player getting whacked! That doesn’t mean it’s not deserved.
FWIW, you're actually largely correct about how a lot of hammer drop permabans / QC bans get dropped onto problem players in the long term.

The admin team as a whole and (mostly) as individuals care a lot about both the reality and perception of our personal biases when it comes to our decisions: especially regarding players that large parts of the admin team dislikes and knows they dislike. Because of this, and somewhat unintuitively, good admins (of which we have many) are generally LESS likely to apply strong bans / permabans to people they personally don't like, because the banning admin knows they don't like the person they're banning, and will generally overcorrect the resulting bias back towards being somewhat lenient.

This becomes a recursive problem when handling players who consistently cause 'being an arsehole' related problems in the long term, since admins are generally going to develop negative feelings towards players who flaunt the rules and act like dickheads... Which makes those admins less and less comfortable dropping the hammer themselves as time goes on. This often (though far from always) gets broken by uninvolved admins getting brought in by admin-channel discussions having a look and going "oh wow yeah this person's a shitter bye bye".

(See above re: Helplesscrane, I didn't log on to ban them, I logged on to observe them for a while and see what all the complaining was about. Had they been acting like a normal player during the time I was watching them, they'd have survived another day. They were not.)
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697031

spookuni wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:51 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 am It’s sorta like that for lots of QC bans, it was for Lucy where Spookuni came on despite solely adminning Manuel to dole out the permaban likely because of hearing lots of complaints in adminchannels. It’s not a criticism just more an observation — no shit the admins all getting irritated over a player will lead to that player getting whacked! That doesn’t mean it’s not deserved.
FWIW, you're actually largely correct about how a lot of hammer drop permabans / QC bans get dropped onto problem players in the long term.

The admin team as a whole and (mostly) as individuals care a lot about both the reality and perception of our personal biases when it comes to our decisions: especially regarding players that large parts of the admin team dislikes and knows they dislike. Because of this, and somewhat unintuitively, good admins (of which we have many) are generally LESS likely to apply strong bans / permabans to people they personally don't like, because the banning admin knows they don't like the person they're banning, and will generally overcorrect the resulting bias back towards being somewhat lenient.

This becomes a recursive problem when handling players who consistently cause 'being an arsehole' related problems in the long term, since admins are generally going to develop negative feelings towards players who flaunt the rules and act like dickheads... Which makes those admins less and less comfortable dropping the hammer themselves as time goes on. This often (though far from always) gets broken by uninvolved admins getting brought in by admin-channel discussions having a look and going "oh wow yeah this person's a shitter bye bye".

(See above re: Helplesscrane, I didn't log on to ban them, I logged on to observe them for a while and see what all the complaining was about. Had they been acting like a normal player during the time I was watching them, they'd have survived another day. They were not.)
Yooo quality post, I appreciate the transparency.

Makes a lot of sense, I think it’s probably overall a good thing that the overcorrection happens since the alternative is someone getting a biased ban. Also actually makes a lot of sense why the eventual perma ends up being a totally uninvolved admin, always was kind of confused why that was the case. I imagine it’s like “okay, this person sucks but I’m probably biased since I watch them every day and hear awful things about them in admin channels, maybe even died to them a few rounds, yo Coco can you observe this retard real quick and lmk what you think?”

“oh wow this guy sucks bad” *permaban

Seems like a good way to do it TBH.

It’s always a bit unfortunate though when the QC perma gets made very shortly after their last note or a ban, I think in Paris’s case it was a day or two? Usually I’d like to see them give the player some adequate time after the note/ban to possibly correct their play before the QC ban is doled out. You could say in Paris’s case he got plenty of time already to correct his play, especially since he was unbanned purely by a vote in the first place — and you’d be right — but it’s always a bit sad to see the QC applied so shortly after the last note/ban. It almost makes the note/ban seem kinda pointless if they were gonna be QC’d anyway.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #697040

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:21 am
Yooo quality post, I appreciate the transparency.

Makes a lot of sense, I think it’s probably overall a good thing that the overcorrection happens since the alternative is someone getting a biased ban. Also actually makes a lot of sense why the eventual perma ends up being a totally uninvolved admin, always was kind of confused why that was the case. I imagine it’s like “okay, this person sucks but I’m probably biased since I watch them every day and hear awful things about them in admin channels, maybe even died to them a few rounds, yo Coco can you observe this retard real quick and lmk what you think?”

Seems like a good way to do it TBH.

It’s always a bit unfortunate though when the QC perma gets made very shortly after their last note or a ban, I think in Paris’s case it was a day or two? Usually I’d like to see them give the player some adequate time after the note/ban to possibly correct their play before the QC ban is doled out. You could say in Paris’s case he got plenty of time already to correct his play, especially since he was unbanned purely by a vote in the first place — and you’d be right — but it’s always a bit sad to see the QC applied so shortly after the last note/ban. It almost makes the note/ban seem kinda pointless if they were gonna be QC’d anyway.
Considering he got banned/noted 3 different times within the same month, with one of them including a 2 week command ban, he was pretty much playing with fire either way in the 4th ban.
Last edited by Archie700 on Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697041

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:21 am It’s always a bit unfortunate though when the QC perma gets made very shortly after their last note or a ban, I think in Paris’s case it was a day or two?
He was prefired sinful… he was flarpin prefired

Imagine waking up to a ban in the year of our lord
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697042

I'll be pissed and also unsurprised if he evades.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #697045

spookuni wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:51 am

Stuff like this oddly makes me wish we could see whenever admins are talking about us. I get why that isn't the case though.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697047

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:23 am Stuff like this oddly makes me wish we could see whenever admins are talking about us. I get why that isn't the case though.
You don’t want into that club pal. Remember, admins all have expiration dates etched over their heads like in Death Note. Players last forever.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697060

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:21 am Makes a lot of sense, I think it’s probably overall a good thing that the overcorrection happens since the alternative is someone getting a biased ban. Also actually makes a lot of sense why the eventual perma ends up being a totally uninvolved admin, always was kind of confused why that was the case. I imagine it’s like “okay, this person sucks but I’m probably biased since I watch them every day and hear awful things about them in admin channels, maybe even died to them a few rounds, yo Coco can you observe this retard real quick and lmk what you think?”

this is pretty much how it goes down. we all have bias as people toward other people, admin or not. it's healthy to recognize that. in my own experience (the only experience i'm comfortable talking about) the very scarce few players i feel i would be biased towards i will always ask for a second (and sometimes third) opinion on a ruling i'd like to make on them, oftentimes offering to pass the situation over to someone who is not biased. most times the outcome is that the second opinion wants a harsher ruling than the one i was going to give.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: