Obsure refrences ingame

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Obsure refrences ingame

Post by EmpressMaia » #697322

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=34587 got me to thinking, what other really obscure references to nerd media do we have ingame?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Obsure refrences ingame

Post by Jacquerel » #697323

holoparasites are from a little known webcomic called joseph's bizarre adventure
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697325

One not so obscure one is CQC, close-quarters-cooking. That comes from this scene.

Arnold's Pizza comes from here.

The Changeling is from John Carpenter's The Thing.

Some of SS13's uniforms are from Star Trek (the original series). Red for sec, Blue for Medical. I'm pretty sure at some point Yellow was for Engineering, and at that same time Red was for the redshirt low ranking staff (the "redshirts" that die all the time).

Killer Tomatoes come from the film Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I think the carnivorous plants you get from Kudzu are from the Day of the Triffids.

Combustible lemons are from Portal 2.

All of the Heretic stuff is from Cultist Simulator. The Mansus is the Mansus, Void is Winter, Ash is Lantern, Flesh is Grail, Blade is Edge, I *think* Rust is Forge, and I have no idea what Cosmos is (I think it's original?).

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Last edited by conrad on Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697326

Space Carp are a Dwarf Fortress reference
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #697328

the energy sword is a reference to an obscure media franchise called star wars
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697329

Fikou wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:36 pm the energy sword is a reference to an obscure media franchise called star wars
no way
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #697330

𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #697332

The janitor's uniform is a reference to Roger Wilco, "Custodial Engineer" from Space Quest.

Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #697338

If anyone can guess what the hungry scalpel is a reference to I'll think you're very cool.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697340

most of the real obscure ones have already been listed. the space quest reference is by far my favourite. the only one i have left up my sleeve is that pun-pun is another d&d reference: someone created a kobold who was crowned the most OP character of all time.

the easier ones are in abundance: all the mechs have references as names (ripley is literally the mech ripley uses in aliens), tower-caps are from dwarf fortress, the red phone is (i think) another portal reference (otherwise it's just a reference to the red telephone that was a symbol of the moscow-washington hotline), turning into a fly-person from a teleporter malfunction is a reference to the fly. some of the chems used to be named after star trek but they've been removed for a while.

that's all i got but i'm sure i'll sit bolt upright at 3am and remember some more.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #697350

The lavaland and one of the ambient space tracks are both actually bad apple slowed down (touhou reference)
the shrine maiden outfit, gohei, and maid-looking wizard outfit are touhou references (reimu and marisa's outfits)
the spell cards wizard spell is a touhou reference (homing talismans, one of reimu's shot types in the games)
the bunny ears' description about how they make you feel useless and only good for your sex appeal is, once again, another touhou reference (to one of reisen's quotes in a semi-official comic anthology)
the nitori haircut is a direct-name reference to nitori kawashiro's haircut (believe it or not, touhou reference)
if you're willing to count it, dullahan was coded because of the coder's affection for Sekibanki from touhou
there's a few others that I can't name right now

lastly but not leastly, you yourself are a touhou reference (I am turning you into a fumo)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697351

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:55 pm The lavaland and one of the ambient space tracks are both actually bad apple slowed down (touhou reference)
the shrine maiden outfit, gohei, and maid-looking wizard outfit are touhou references (reimu and marisa's outfits)
the spell cards wizard spell is a touhou reference (homing talismans, one of reimu's shot types in the games)
the bunny ears' description about how they make you feel useless and only good for your sex appeal is, once again, another touhou reference (to one of reisen's quotes in a semi-official comic anthology)
the nitori haircut is a direct-name reference to nitori kawashiro's haircut (believe it or not, touhou reference)
if you're willing to count it, dullahan was coded because of the coder's affection for Sekibanki from touhou

lastly but not leastly, you yourself are a touhou reference (I am turning you into a fumo)
this makes me want to play touhou
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697352

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 pm All of the Heretic stuff is from Cultist Simulator. The Mansus is the Mansus, Void is Winter, Ash is Lantern, Flesh is Grail, Blade is Edge, I *think* Rust is Forge, and I have no idea what Cosmos is (I think it's original?).
Heretic is definitely cultist simulator themed, but I dont think the paths map directly onto the aspects
LiarGG
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LiarGG

Post by LiarGG » #697353

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:13 pm If anyone can guess what the hungry scalpel is a reference to I'll think you're very cool.
Deep down I just hope it's a reference to Repo! The Genetic Opera.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697354

LiarGG wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:17 am
NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:13 pm If anyone can guess what the hungry scalpel is a reference to I'll think you're very cool.
it's quick... it's clean... it's pure... it could save your life, rest assured. it's the 21st century cure!

and it's my job... to steal and rob...
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #697355

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 pm All of the Heretic stuff is from Cultist Simulator. The Mansus is the Mansus, Void is Winter, Ash is Lantern, Flesh is Grail, Blade is Edge, I *think* Rust is Forge, and I have no idea what Cosmos is (I think it's original?).
I think Cosmos fits as Knock. Its not a perfect fit, but none of the others are perfect fits either.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #697358

Plump helmets are a dwarf fortress reference.
Mini energy crossbows and Lemon-Lime are Deus Ex references.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #697359

theres like 10 problem sleuth/homestuck references
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697361

Mech names:
Ripley - named after Ellen Ripley from Alien because it looks like a power loader.
Gygax - Gary Gygax.
Durand - Durandal from Marathon.
Phazon - Mystery blue radioactive goo from Metroid.
Clarke - Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, the ship he works on (the Ishimura) is a mining vessel.

Wizard's lesser summon guns spell is a reference to Mami's powers from Madoka where she can summon and fire rifles at targets.

The red phone is just a red phone, it's not a reference to anything.

Most of the brain damage lines are references to the Dumb Pubbies page on Goonstation's wiki. That's also where CAPTAIN IS COMDOM comes from.

The high-frequency blade is from Metal Gear Rising.

Slimes used to just be straight-up Metroids (this is why they latch onto you and die to cold).
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697364

orion trail is based off the oregon trail
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #697365

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:07 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:55 pm The lavaland and one of the ambient space tracks are both actually bad apple slowed down (touhou reference)

this makes me want to play touhou
Im tearing my SKIN OUT
Living God

Extraordinary Person

scamoppi

Post by scamoppi » #697367

the Aurora Caelus event (the one where space gets the pretty colors and calm music plays) has a slight chance of referencing The Simpsons
the whole fucking kitchen ignites when this happens

Code: Select all

/datum/round_event/aurora_caelus/start()
	[...]
		if(istype(affected_area, /area/station/service/kitchen))
			[...]
			if(!prob(1) && !SSevents.holidays?[APRIL_FOOLS])
				continue
			var/obj/machinery/oven/roast_ruiner = locate() in affected_area
			if(roast_ruiner)
				roast_ruiner.balloon_alert_to_viewers("oh egads!")
				var/turf/ruined_roast = get_turf(roast_ruiner)
				ruined_roast.atmos_spawn_air("plasma=100;TEMP=1000")
			for(var/mob/living/carbon/human/seymour as anything in GLOB.human_list)
				if(seymour.mind && istype(seymour.mind.assigned_role, /datum/job/cook))
					seymour.say("My roast is ruined!!!", forced = "ruined roast")
					seymour.emote("scream")
i only know about this because a kitchen burned down with no logs and i just happened to see the balloon alert for a split second
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #697369

kawoppi wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:55 am the Aurora Caelus event (the one where space gets the pretty colors and calm music plays) has a slight chance of referencing The Simpsons
the whole fucking kitchen ignites when this happens

Code: Select all

/datum/round_event/aurora_caelus/start()
	[...]
		if(istype(affected_area, /area/station/service/kitchen))
			[...]
			if(!prob(1) && !SSevents.holidays?[APRIL_FOOLS])
				continue
			var/obj/machinery/oven/roast_ruiner = locate() in affected_area
			if(roast_ruiner)
				roast_ruiner.balloon_alert_to_viewers("oh egads!")
				var/turf/ruined_roast = get_turf(roast_ruiner)
				ruined_roast.atmos_spawn_air("plasma=100;TEMP=1000")
			for(var/mob/living/carbon/human/seymour as anything in GLOB.human_list)
				if(seymour.mind && istype(seymour.mind.assigned_role, /datum/job/cook))
					seymour.say("My roast is ruined!!!", forced = "ruined roast")
					seymour.emote("scream")
i only know about this because a kitchen burned down with no logs and i just happened to see the balloon alert for a split second
congrats on playing april 1st
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697370

any reference based on His Grace?
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #697371

there are a ton of references for drinks
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #697383

When I remapped the crashed ship ruin I reflavored it to be a survey vessel (crashng this ship with NO SURVEYORS!) and I named it after that guy from Myst who writes the books that are also dimensions. It seems someone may have inadvertently deleted the plaque object during a rework or something. Still in the ruin code tho.

Zapping yourself with a wand of death will kill you instantly(moron). Appended to your death message will be a quote from Hack and its forks.

Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 zorkmids. (not a real quote)
You feel more confident in your spell casting skills.
You die...
Do you want your possessions identified?

Zapping yourself with a wand of resurrection while an undead race like a skeleton or zombie will also kill you. Then it will revive you as something less dead.

Miasma(one of the most interesting gasses in the game imo) is a dwarf fortress reference. I mean miasma's real but it was designed to mimic dwarf fortress' miasma gas before cargo corpse piles proved to be too fun for the atmos subsystem.
Migos are a CDDA reference except i think we may have pried the sprite right out of one of their tile sets.
Gore's overdose is a cruelty squad reference.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #697392

Pretty much all the wizard spells are references or puns. My favorite of the bunch might be the charge line.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #697400

The bastion bourbon and squirt cider are from Bastion, the Supergiant game.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697401

Psykers, Gore, and Bouncey Castles are all references to Cruelty Squad
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697402

Psykers, Gore, and Bouncey Castles are all references to Cruelty Squad
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #697413

Blood drunk miner and the cleaver is a Bloodborne reference
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #697420

Felinids are in fact from Red Dwarf, they are NOT fetish content at all.

The entire game is a homage to soulslike multiplayer sandbox survival roguelite dating sims.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697421

The concept of a murderous "traitor" who executes the crew while they go about their assigned tasks is a reference to Among Us
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #697427

LiarGG wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:17 am
It is! :heart: Good on you and dreary.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697429

im pretty sure that the concept of the traitor item uplink and the name “traitor” was inspired by gmod TTT
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697430

Ian might be a reference to Ein from Cowboy Bebop but I'm less sure about that one.
conrad

Post by conrad » #697435

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:08 am
Heretic is definitely cultist simulator themed, but I dont think the paths map directly onto the aspects
They don't translate directly 100%, but there's enough similarities that you could call those their Major aspects for the paths. There's a method to the madness here.

Like, Winter deals with silence and cold death. That's the entire Void schtick.

Flesh starts with "Principles of Hunger", which is most of Grail's schtick, and summons a Raw Prophet eventually, that is a majorly Grail summon in CS.

Blade crosspaths with Rust to make the Lionhunter's Rifle, which references the Meteoric Bullet. The whole thing also smells of Edge, which deals with violence and combat prowess.

Rust and Cosmos are the only ones I can't be 100% sure, but I like the idea proposed earlier that Cosmos is Knock (it has the same color lmao) and Rust is Forge ('cos of the Blacksmith's Secret path ability).

Very flavourful and colourful, like ice cream. Can't wait for a PR that adds an anime fanfic self insert path that references nothing.

It's real.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697440

AFAIK cosmos is the first path which wasn't designed with any particular cult sim reference in mind, it's just original.
Probably will be true for any future paths.
Last edited by Jacquerel on Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #697442

Alt clicking comes from Alternative rock, coined largely by Terry Tolkin in 1979 which is why one server is named Terry
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697443

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 am
They don't translate directly 100%, but there's enough similarities that you could call those their Major aspects for the paths. There's a method to the madness here.

Flesh starts with "Principles of Hunger", which is most of Grail's schtick, and summons a Raw Prophet eventually, that is a majorly Grail summon in CS.

Blade crosspaths with Rust to make the Lionhunter's Rifle, which references the Meteoric Bullet. The whole thing also smells of Edge, which deals with violence and combat prowess.

Rust and Cosmos are the only ones I can't be 100% sure, but I like the idea proposed earlier that Cosmos is Knock (it has the same color lmao) and Rust is Forge ('cos of the Blacksmith's Secret path ability).

Very flavourful and colourful, like ice cream. Can't wait for a PR that adds an anime fanfic self insert path that references nothing.
I went to the CS immersive experience in a castle in Wales. (https://locksmithsdream.com/) I acquired the winter aspect painting Chione at Abydos, and an inspector from the Suppression bureau verified me as "probable" with regards to owning my original identity
conrad

Post by conrad » #697447

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:37 am
conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 am

I went to the CS immersive experience in a castle in Wales. (https://locksmithsdream.com/) I acquired the winter aspect painting Chione at Abydos, and an inspector from the Suppression bureau verified me as "probable" with regards to owning my original identity
That sounds fucking sick! I'm helly jelly
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #697476

Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:26 am The bastion bourbon and squirt cider are from Bastion, the Supergiant game.
On the topic of drink references,

Crevice Spike (just like in the game, nobody asks for this) is a Va-11 Hall-A reference.
Fringe Weaver is also a Va-11 Hall-A reference.
Sugar Rush is, you guessed it, a Va-11 Hall-A reference.
So is the Hat, but that is apparently also a simpsons reference on top of that? fucked.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697477

Oh, Lobstrosities are for some reason a reference to Stephen King's Dark Tower
scamoppi

Post by scamoppi » #697478

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:02 am
kawoppi wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:55 am [...]
congrats on playing april 1st
it happened on august 28th :/
both the checks are inverted so i think it has a 99% chance of not happening whenever it's not april fools day
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #697480

hey guys did you know that the aliens in SS13 were inspired by the hit movie ALIEN(1979)?
conrad

Post by conrad » #697487

Ziiro wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:00 pm hey guys did you know that the aliens in SS13 were inspired by the hit movie ALIEN(1979)?
Uuuh, hah, uuuh, ackchyually I think you'll find they're xenomorphs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697488

BUT WHERE DID HIS GRACE COME FROM
Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #697493

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:10 pm BUT WHERE DID HIS GRACE COME FROM
Legitimately one I've never been able to figure out. If I recall correctly Fox McCloud made it as an antag item on Paradise first, and then it got ported to tg? But I don't remember his original PR saying where he got the idea. I can go digging for it
conrad

Post by conrad » #697494

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:10 pm BUT WHERE DID HIS GRACE COME FROM
I tried really hard to find it and got nothing.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #697496

Okay so Fox PR'd it to Paradise here: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/4395

And he references Goon's version. Which, we don't have visibility on their PR history. (closed source man bad) - but I do see someone talking about it here in 2012: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?ti ... s+Grace%22 - to get more info we'd have to ask someone with old goon dev repo access to find the PR.