Obsure refrences ingame

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Obsure refrences ingame

Post by EmpressMaia » #697322

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=34587 got me to thinking, what other really obscure references to nerd media do we have ingame?
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Re: Obsure refrences ingame

Post by Ziiro » #697496

Okay so Fox PR'd it to Paradise here: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/4395

And he references Goon's version. Which, we don't have visibility on their PR history. (closed source man bad) - but I do see someone talking about it here in 2012: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?ti ... s+Grace%22 - to get more info we'd have to ask someone with old goon dev repo access to find the PR.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #697501

His Grace is a holy toolbox which thirsts for blood, no? That surely can't be anything but a reference to an obscure graphical MUD known as "Space Station 13"
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697527

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 am Blade crosspaths with Rust to make the Lionhunter's Rifle, which references the Meteoric Bullet. The whole thing also smells of Edge, which deals with violence and combat prowess.
The lionhunters rifle is an edge aspected weapon that you can obtain in the exile dlc, not just a refrence to the meteoric bullet. Fake fan spotted.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697528

Alot of the original quirks were based off of traits from Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697533

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:41 pm
conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 am Blade crosspaths with Rust to make the Lionhunter's Rifle, which references the Meteoric Bullet. The whole thing also smells of Edge, which deals with violence and combat prowess.
The lionhunters rifle is an edge aspected weapon that you can obtain in the exile dlc, not just a refrence to the meteoric bullet. Fake fan spotted.
I really disliked the exile DLC, so didn't play much of it. I have the name ascension achievie tho
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #697535

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:04 am Mech names:
Ripley - named after Ellen Ripley from Alien because it looks like a power loader.
Gygax - Gary Gygax.
Durand - Durandal from Marathon.
Phazon - Mystery blue radioactive goo from Metroid.
Clarke - Isaac Clarke from Dead Space, the ship he works on (the Ishimura) is a mining vessel.

Wizard's lesser summon guns spell is a reference to Mami's powers from Madoka where she can summon and fire rifles at targets.

The red phone is just a red phone, it's not a reference to anything.

Most of the brain damage lines are references to the Dumb Pubbies page on Goonstation's wiki. That's also where CAPTAIN IS COMDOM comes from.

The high-frequency blade is from Metal Gear Rising.

Slimes used to just be straight-up Metroids (this is why they latch onto you and die to cold).
I had always been told the wizard gun one was from this comic.
https://gunshowcomic.com/30
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697537

Ziiro wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:34 pm Okay so Fox PR'd it to Paradise here: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/4395

And he references Goon's version. Which, we don't have visibility on their PR history. (closed source man bad) - but I do see someone talking about it here in 2012: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?ti ... s+Grace%22 - to get more info we'd have to ask someone with old goon dev repo access to find the PR.
interesting
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697539

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:59 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:41 pm
I really disliked the exile DLC, so didn't play much of it. I have the name ascension achievie tho
I also did not like it at first. The gameplay style and core themes are very different, and there is alot of added stress of having to constantly burn a resource you only have 77 units of. It makes the initial learning process very difficult. But, once you start learning all the ways to generate obscurity and exactly how and why the reckoners start showing up it gets alot more fun. Also good to memorize the dungeons just like the original.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #697549

capsule pods are the capsules from Dragon Ball... we need more dragon ball references, i think a saiyan antag would be very funny
aren't there one or two more metroid references than the phazon? i might be just thinking of the now-removed xenobio metroids though
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697554

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:50 pm capsule pods are the capsules from Dragon Ball... we need more dragon ball references, i think a saiyan antag would be very funny
aren't there one or two more metroid references than the phazon? i might be just thinking of the now-removed xenobio metroids though
The mining modsuit ball module is a metroid reference
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697557

Nabski wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:07 pm I had always been told the wizard gun one was from this comic.
https://gunshowcomic.com/30
Summon Guns is, yeah. Lesser Summon Guns isn't.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #697584

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:50 pm capsule pods are the capsules from Dragon Ball... we need more dragon ball references, i think a saiyan antag would be very funny
HOW DID I FORGET THIS I LOVE DRAGON BALL
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697586

we already have apes

everyone hates them
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697588

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:41 pm
we already have apes

everyone hates them
gorillas can delimb and its really funny
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #697590

Oh shit I missed one. Nightmare vision goggles are also kind of a cruelty squad reference
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #697591

Don't forget the atrocinator module.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #697596

the light switch is a reference to original ss13
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #697630

One of the ambient tracks in the AI core is a glitchy, slowed down version of space jam.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697632

Is the heriophant a reference to something. I feel like it is
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697633

Actually what references does lavaland have its probably full of them
conrad

Post by conrad » #697635

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:49 am Actually what references does lavaland have its probably full of them
The Brimstone Demon is a reference to Binding of Isaac. BDM someone already mentioned is a refrence to Bloodbourne. Bubblegum is a Khorne Daemon (from the symbol it projects on the ground, that's the Khornate symbol).
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697636

So I actually found a few more references. This time in the Sake bottles!
There are three variants that randomly spawn, the rarest (Inubashiri's Home Brew), most common (Ryo's traditional sake), and the semi-common one (Fluffy Tail Sake.)
I don't know if Ryo's is a reference to anything? However...
Inubashiri's Home Brew is a Touhou reference, alluding to Inubashiri Momiji (the awoo wolf girl)
I don't know who got away with adding Touch Tail Sake. I'm not getting obliterated for telling people what it's a reference to. You can figure it out yourself if you're of that persuasion.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #697638

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:49 am Is the heriophant a reference to something. I feel like it is
Hyper Light Drifter!
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697641

Cuban Pete's hat is in the game, same for the emagged arcade machine being called Outbomb Cuban Pete, but I feel like a lot of the newer folks probably don't know why.

I'm telling this from memory, so some of the other old folks correct me if I get any of it wrong.

Cuban Pete was a player back in the old days before we had a bomb cap. Blowing shit up wasn't a unique gimmick but he'd solved toxins for the most part and gotten very good at it. Players latched onto it, to the point where if he was in science, you started to sweat a little thinking he was gonna blow the station to kingdom come. This was back when bombs still created a fucking absurd amount of lag, so the server would regularly freeze for about half a minute while it processed everything and OOC would light up with people making Pete jokes. Eventually admins started getting into it, playing an awful MIDI of the song whenever he did his thing.

I don't know what ended up happening to him, but I refuse to let his legend be lost to time.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697644

Someone needs to find cuban petr
conrad

Post by conrad » #697646

This is a good thread I like this thread
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #697647

The sexy mime oufit is a reference to
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697648

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:56 am The sexy mime oufit is a reference to
RAGE NOOOOOO
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697649

We also have the Gyrojet pistol (adminspawn weapon), which is a Bolter from Warhammer 40k. The champion's suit(I think it's called that?) from the tendril crates is also a Khornate berserker's power armor. The admin team are also all part of a tzeenchian cult.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697650

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:27 am The admin team are also all part of a tzeenchian cult.
Could be worse, could be Slaanesh
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #697652

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:27 am We also have the Gyrojet pistol (adminspawn weapon), which is a Bolter from Warhammer 40k. The champion's suit(I think it's called that?) from the tendril crates is also a Khornate berserker's power armor. The admin team are also all part of a tzeenchian cult.
Gyrojet pistols are a real thing too you know.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #697653

Anyway my reference for everyone today is the MMI description. The whole item is an Alpha Centauri reference, including the name, but the description is straight-up a quote from the Mind-Machine Interface tech.
Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Report on Human Rights" wrote:The Warrior's bland acronym, MMI, obscures the true horror of this monstrosity. Its inventors promise a new era of genius, but meanwhile unscrupulous power brokers use its forcible installation to violate the sanctity of unwilling human minds. They are creating their own private army of demons.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #697665

The Hierophant is not only a Hyper Light Drifter reference but when first added its sprite was literally just ripped from that game.

Bileworms might also be a Binding of Isaac enemy but tbh there’s only so many top-down enemy patterns that exist (maybe we should steal more of them from there).
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #697668

In 1997 Steve was chopping wood. He missed a spot and chopped off his dick in 1997.
respect (let him do his thing)
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #697672

thrown eggs can turn into chickens. this is a reference to an obscure game called minecraft
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697677

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:33 am Gyrojet pistols are a real thing too you know.
If you've seen the one we have, it's very clearly a Bolter.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #697686

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:06 am Bileworms might also be a Binding of Isaac enemy...
Nah. Though, bile worms do approximate the attack of mushrooms and the movement of Lumps. I hate lumps with every fibre of my being and I now realize why there was so much anger surrounding bile worm behavior. Though I think the lack of an aimed shot really reduces bileworm's lethality.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #697702

Legion is a reference to an obscure ancient book called 'The Bible".
conrad

Post by conrad » #697705

Oh yeah the xenomorph maid outfit is a reference to TES' Lusty Argonian Maid (in this case, lusty xenomorph maid).

Her name is Lifts-Her-Tail.

Matter if fact I think the Does-The-Thing name pattern for lizards comes from TES' Argonians
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #697711

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:04 am So I actually found a few more references. This time in the Sake bottles!
There are three variants that randomly spawn, the rarest (Inubashiri's Home Brew), most common (Ryo's traditional sake), and the semi-common one (Fluffy Tail Sake.)
I don't know if Ryo's is a reference to anything? However...
Inubashiri's Home Brew is a Touhou reference, alluding to Inubashiri Momiji (the awoo wolf girl)
I don't know who got away with adding Touch Tail Sake. I'm not getting obliterated for telling people what it's a reference to. You can figure it out yourself if you're of that persuasion.
Let me let everyone in on the reference, there's only like 5 people who know. Ryo's a reference to my partner, that's his nickname online. He doesn't play ss13 so it's not a player reference but it was a little tribute to him.

My favorite person in the world in my favorite game. I really do love this game and the community, even if we all bump heads once in a while.

Extremely sappy, I know and risky if it didn't work out but since we're planning to get married I feel that wasn't a mistake.

What happened was, I was trying to rework the sake but someone else made a different PR with better sprites but I asked if he could keep the name.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... f1d9908dd6#

Anyways, the AI eye sprites are a reference to Paranoia and Friend Computer.

Happiness is Mandatory. Failure to be Happy is Treason. Treason is punishable by Death.
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #697716

Time for my turn for an obscure reference!

Did you know that the reason the Syndicate wear tactical turtlenecks is because of a reference?

It references this clip from the show Archer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcJg_q_jWPU
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #697717

Imaginos wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:07 pm Time for my turn for an obscure reference!

Did you know that the reason the Syndicate wear tactical turtlenecks is because of a reference?

Lanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos » #697719

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 pm The Changeling is from John Carpenter's The Thing.
To add to that, our rendition of the Changeling in /tg/station is heavily influenced by Alex Mercer from the Prototype games. You can see this influence especially with our Changeling's signature weapon, the Armblade, an ability Alex Mercer also has in his respective game.

It is also where the armor suit that Changelings can spec into comes from!
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

Imaginos

Post by Imaginos » #697721

Here's one more! The Antique Laser Gun often seen inside the captain's display case references System Shock 2's Apollo H4 Argon-Suspension Laser Pistol. This is much more noticeable if you observe the concept art of the weapon created by the developers of the game.

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #697723

I thought it was! I played system shock 2 again recently and I noticed the similarities but I wasn't super sure.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #697724

Imaginos wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:28 pm Here's one more! The Antique Laser Gun often seen inside the captain's display case references System Shock 2's Apollo H4 Argon-Suspension Laser Pistol. This is much more noticeable if you observe the concept art of the weapon created by the developers of the game.

I always thought it was a Firefly reference. System Shock makes a lot more sense though.
Also, the item description (if they haven't changed it) is that of a Dwarf Fortress artifact, which is cool.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697733

Dax Dupont wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:46 pm Let me let everyone in on the reference, there's only like 5 people who know. Ryo's a reference to my partner, that's his nickname online. He doesn't play ss13 so it's not a player reference but it was a little tribute to him.

My favorite person in the world in my favorite game. I really do love this game and the community, even if we all bump heads once in a while.

Extremely sappy, I know and risky if it didn't work out but since we're planning to get married I feel that wasn't a mistake.

What happened was, I was trying to rework the sake but someone else made a different PR with better sprites but I asked if he could keep the name.
Great story. I'm glad the 3 Sake bottles all have their own references, and congrats since you two are getting married!
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
conrad

Post by conrad » #697769

Dax Dupont wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:16 pm
Imaginos wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:07 pm Time for my turn for an obscure reference!

Lanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
WHAT?!
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #697795

If you're a fat fuck (ingame) and eat or otherwise get mint in your system, you gib. (or at least you used to, it's been years since I saw a mint gibbing)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Creosote
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #697797

DND
MTG
PARANOIA
ROBOCOP
ALIENS
STAR TREK
STAR WARS
ISAAC ASIMOV
JACOBS LADDER
WWF
THE THING
SKYRIM
NIKOLAI TESLA
HALF LIFE 2
DWARF FORTRESS
DAVID BOWIE
KILL BILL
WARHAMMER 40K
GEORGE ROMERO
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
DR WHO
THE FLY
SAW
LOUIS ARMSTRONG
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
M*A*S*H
EVIL DEAD
HITCHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
MORTAL KOMBAT
INDIANA JONES
DEAD SPACE
SYSTEM SHOCK
DEUS EX
MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS
SPACE JAM
DUNE
2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY
FALLOUT
H.P LOVECRAFT
JAMES BOND
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR
SOYLENT GREEN
STEPHEN HAWKING
TEAM FORTRESS 2
SYSTEM SHOCK 2
BLOODBORNE
PROTOTYPE
THE BLOB

+ tons more...
Last edited by kayozz on Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697800

danger zone