Pay attention to who all of the sudden stops being robust at combat. [aimbots are kill codenut]

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Pay attention to who all of the sudden stops being robust at combat. [aimbots are kill codenut]

Post by MrStonedOne » #697333

No reason. None at all. (Checkem)

edit: As others have suggested, I found out that byond version 514.xxxx broke our code to detect the drag+click aimbot trick, a zero-external-tools-needed aimbot exploit that byond calls a feature. Because it requires zero external tools, programs, or dlls, and was a previously known aimbot trick, there was likely a high occurrence of people using it.

This was fixed recently.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/77316
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Pay attention to who all of the sudden stops being robust at combat.

Post by conrad » #697349

► Show Spoiler
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #697366

what does this mean pay attention to them or like, report them or what
Living God

Extraordinary Person

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #697368

Jokes on you, I've never been robust.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #697391

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:52 am what does this mean pay attention to them or like, report them or what
ive purchased bdudy's ckey
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697396

Why?
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #697397

stairmaster wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:52 am what does this mean pay attention to them or like, report them or what
I dont know bdudys ckey so jokes on you
Living God

Extraordinary Person

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #697450

Let me guess: Anti-cheat? Because this has been overdue, let me tell you, cheaters are a thing, and if they get axed hard and fast, the better for everyone!

With legitimate regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #697457

Krimmity and Chef-SS apparantly disliked the issue report, so watch out for those people and measure their change in kdr from before and after the PR if you know their ckeys lol.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697491

account thieves among us?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697495

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:19 pm among us?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #697502

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:56 am
its bdudy
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #697594

stairmaster wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:15 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:56 am
its bdudy
oh yeah
Living God

Extraordinary Person

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697617

Shoutout to the people who rely entirely on indirect combat and are not effected by swing combat at all.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697624

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:10 am Shoutout to the people who rely entirely on indirect combat and are not effected by swing combat at all.
I don't think this post is directed at swing combat.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697634

I missed the swing combat test merge I'm sad
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697642

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:43 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:10 am Shoutout to the people who rely entirely on indirect combat and are not effected by swing combat at all.
im so confused
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #697674

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:06 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:43 am
im so confused
There was an exploit that allowed people to basically aimbot. That got fixed.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #697753

So, anybody stand out?

Any security players drop off the face of the server after they got robusted by a non-antag clown with an intern id?

As others have suggested, I found out that byond version 514.xxxx broke our code to detect the drag+click aimbot trick, a zero-external-tools-needed aimbot exploit that byond calls a feature. Because it requires zero external tools, programs, or dlls, and was a previously known aimbot trick, there was likely a high occurrence of people using it.

This was fixed recently.
NSFW:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Pay attention to who all of the sudden stops being robust at combat. [aimbots are kill codenut]

Post by sinfulbliss » #697764

to be honest i don’t think i’ve ever witnessed an aimbotter a single time in all the time i’ve played TG

maybeee one or two evader accounts that lasted 1 round a piece for a day

it’s just too obvious to spot, anyone that would do it would be caught and banned instantly I think
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Re: Pay attention to who all of the sudden stops being robust at combat. [aimbots are kill codenut]

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697776

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:29 am to be honest i don’t think i’ve ever witnessed an aimbotter a single time in all the time i’ve played TG

maybeee one or two evader accounts that lasted 1 round a piece for a day

it’s just too obvious to spot, anyone that would do it would be caught and banned instantly I think
yeah no way someone exploiting it would last long, especially with how ahelps work. It just takes one round of getting unlucky and an admin connecting while you are validing people.

Someone would need to perma randomname while also constantly changing their tendencies and at that point is it even worth it for something that you can just... practice??
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #697780

I've been paying lummox 24 bux to break anticheat?
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #697804

I am confused. What do you all think an aimbot would look like.

Say its a sec player, what do you think would show up to make it obvious?
NSFW:
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697806

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:42 pm I am confused. What do you all think an aimbot would look like.

Say its a sec player, what do you think would show up to make it obvious?
someones gunplay consistently being head and shoulders above everything else in their mechanical skillset
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697809

jokes on you I've always been unrobust
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #697810

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:41 pm someones gunplay consistently being head and shoulders above everything else in their mechanical skillset
Lasers and bullets are slow enough that aiming directly at someone rarely works. You generally have to lead your shots accurately, and it doesn't sound like the exploit works that way.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #697812

I think the point of confusion here is that "aimbot" is usually used in gaming communities to mean things which help you aim your clicks better for the purposes of firing a gun
but that's actually just optimising "how to click on the correct screen pixel"

an aimbot in ss13 is for clicking on things with unusual speed and accuracy, as it is in other games. that doesn't mean it helps you with shooting.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #697836

because of how clicks and attacks work on /tg/, the aimbot trick i fixed would allow you to spam/mash clicks with a melee weapon and only actually attack (and spend an attack cooldown) when they are within a tile of you.

Melee aimbot would see a lot of moving into range, attacking, than moving out of range, or cases where their weapon hits the moment you come into range while yakety saxing. For sec doing this, this would be somewhat obvious but also you can time it so it looks plausible if you don't tryhard. non-sec you're more likely to see more of that triggering the lock and then spam clicking so that they attack the moment the target comes into a tile's range.

Also with how slow projectiles work and how few weapons are hitscan, and our lack of client side lag comp, a gun aimbot wouldn't be obvious nor even all that helpful except on short range. gunplay is about predicting where the target will be in a few ticks time, not clicking their mob accurately
NSFW:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697850

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:16 am because of how clicks and attacks work on /tg/, the aimbot trick i fixed would allow you to spam/mash clicks with a melee weapon and only actually attack (and spend an attack cooldown) when they are within a tile of you.

Melee aimbot would see a lot of moving into range, attacking, then moving out of range, or cases where their weapon hits the moment you come into range while yakety saxing. For sec doing this, this would be somewhat obvious but also you can time it so it looks plausible if you don't tryhard. non-sec you're more likely to see more of that triggering the lock and then spam clicking so that they attack the moment the target comes into a tile's range.
You just described a large part of melee combat. Moving in and out of range or “zoning” a certain tile you expect them to walk into. An aimbot would probably make that a lot easier but I think there would be some very obvious “tells” aside from just them being hyper accurate.

For instance an aimbot AFAIK locks into targets, regardless of how they move. When you get into range they will hit you as fast as cooldown allows, which is extremely obvious. Another thing you’ll notice is a complete lack of awareness about anything else, very mismatched clicking skills compared to pretty much any other facet of combat. It’s super obvious IMO but perhaps there are people that hide it well.
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697875

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:36 am
For instance an aimbot AFAIK locks into targets, regardless of how they move. When you get into range they will hit you as fast as cooldown allows, which is extremely obvious. Another thing you’ll notice is a complete lack of awareness about anything else, very mismatched clicking skills compared to pretty much any other facet of combat. It’s super obvious IMO but perhaps there are people that hide it well.
Ty for explaining it better than me and also in ss13 terms, I just don’t see how someone will last long while still cheating, especially because you are going up against the same 500+ hour players
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #697893

aimbot in ss13 is like cheats in a fighting game that make you automatically hit someone the instant you can

getting hit by someone's baton the instant they walk into range and it happening multiple times in a row is extremely obvious so I wouldnt call cheaters a huge issue
Weston Echard on Sybil
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #697964

I still remember in the release video for rshoes aimbot he got stunned by a tg security officer despite having it on and then was robusted.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698031

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:54 pm
I just don’t see how someone will last long while still cheating, especially because you are going up against the same 500+ hour players
they never last long with cheating
theyre insanely easy to spot and insanely easy to just use stuns against
respect (let him do his thing)