Ban appeal speedrun any% (peanut)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Ban appeal speedrun any% (peanut)

Post by Fren256 » #697381

The round barely ended and you're already making an appeal chill

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34605
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Ban appeal speedrun any% (peanut)

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697382

could maia have gulagged them?
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697384

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:54 am could maia have gulagged them?
The gulagger is currently bugged
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697385

Also the delta station gulagger is right next to the hall so the revs would have shot me if I went there
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #697386

When combat mode was implemented I murderboned as captain and I got away with it cause I told the admin that intents were bugged and they were understanding and explained the new system while i plasmaflooded and recycled the other fireproof hardsuits
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697388

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:59 am
Maybe exiling them temporarily* could've worked instead?

*It's very likely you would've forgotten about them tho lol
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697389

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:59 am
damn
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #697390

a sec ban is a gift not a punishment
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697393

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am a sec ban is a gift not a punishment
I'm gonna take a sec break If it gets appealed anyway because most of Manny has been cancerous lately
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697394

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:20 am
dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:18 am a sec ban is a gift not a punishment
I'm gonna take a sec break If it gets appealed anyway because most of Manny has been cancerous lately
yeah its been bad lately i cried today
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697395

Pretty sure revolution is code red worthy. Command and security are supposed to literally powertrip to get crew in line during revolution, and it's totally possible to do that while maintaining RP (and is in fact good RP if done correctly). It doesn't always have to be hugs and timeouts when people are being excessively disobedient and dangerous during a mutiny. Maybe there's more context I'm missing. EmpressMaia kinda did triple post before anyone replied to them, lol.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #697407

i think it’s pretty reasonable to kill prisoners who have been attempting to escape during a code red scenario. seems like it makes sense roleplay wise. but idk im very drunk rn
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #697408

Yeah, prisoners escaping with the help of a known syndicate agent while gulag is inaccessible and there's an active revolution? Even on MRP, I don't know why prisoners expect a red carpet treatment if they CHOOSE to escape. Choosing to escape without a damn good cause is a great way to get sec pissed off.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697409

Maybe there's context missing? I feel like Isratosh is going to explain themselves well.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #697410

Killing three prisoners after a break out because it's revs and the station is going to shit doesn't sound like play to win, that's a pretty normal situation to use lethal force.

Interested to see isras take.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #697417

Yeah there's either some additional, important context to this or this is a bad ban; I've had revolutions as warden/sec/captain where I'm just murdering everyone without a mindshield by the end. This might even be a case of "Notes are a punishment".

IMO almost any scenario that sees the warden in a 1v3 inside the brig qualifies for lethals; suppress it, clean it up and sort it out after. Three adversaries can kill you in a few seconds with their bare hands.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #697423

Capsandi wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:01 am When combat mode was implemented I murderboned as captain and I got away with it cause I told the admin that intents were bugged and they were understanding and explained the new system while i plasmaflooded and recycled the other fireproof hardsuits
thats mean why would you do that
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697424

Fulptier ban, reminds me of the secbans I’d get on Fulp.

It’s not playing-to-win to choose the ONLY sensible option in the situation. People in perma are almost always also valid for execution, that’s why spacelaw usually says “perma/capital punishment” as options.

If there’s a revolution you don’t have time to fuck around with perma prisoners escaping, and besides, escaping perma itself makes you valid for execution I’m pretty sure??
Spoiler:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697425

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:24 am Fulptier ban, reminds me of the secbans I’d get on Fulp.

It’s not playing-to-win to choose the ONLY sensible option in the situation. People in perma are almost always also valid for execution, that’s why spacelaw usually says “perma/capital punishment” as options.

If there’s a revolution you don’t have time to fuck around with perma prisoners escaping, and besides, escaping perma itself makes you valid for execution I’m pretty sure??
Valid isn't really a thing on MRP, and executions should usually be authorized by HOS/Cap outside of very extreme circumstances
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #697426

shit ban but there’s an aura of mald in the whole appeal
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697431

Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:28 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:24 am Fulptier ban, reminds me of the secbans I’d get on Fulp.

Valid isn't really a thing on MRP, and executions should usually be authorized by HOS/Cap outside of very extreme circumstances
I was a bit unclear, I didn’t mean valid as in SS13 lingo, I meant valid as in security is authorized to validly execute escaped perma prisoners (I’m fairly sure), particularly in cases where it’s impractical or impossible to arrest all of them.

If you ask me, a rev round in which three perma prisoners escape, one of whom is a tot and the other two of whom are bad enough to get perma, is a situation where lethal force is 100% authorized.
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697432

Revs is such a stressful situation for security and heads I allow them to get away with most stuff
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #697433

saprasam wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:32 am shit ban but there’s an aura of mald in the whole appeal
I'd be mad too if this is what happened.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697439

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:24 am that’s why spacelaw usually says “perma/capital punishment” as options.
Space Law isn't rules enforced. Even on MRP.
Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:28 am ...and executions should usually be authorized by HOS/Cap outside of very extreme circumstances
That's Space Law. See above.

I don't think it's wrong to execute difficult prisoners when there's revs on red alert. Ban was bad IMO, but there might be context missing. We await for Isratosh since he might bring light to it.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #697449

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:21 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:24 am that’s why spacelaw usually says “perma/capital punishment” as options.
Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:28 am ...and executions should usually be authorized by HOS/Cap outside of very extreme circumstances

I don't think it's wrong to execute difficult prisoners when there's revs on red alert. Ban was bad IMO, but there might be context missing. We await for Isratosh since he might bring light to it.
Spacelaw is still used to justify and defend the motive of an action in appeals regarding sec conduct.

A player can point to following space law if accused of "playing to win" because it lends evidence to them simply following their job guidelines.

Timber puts it best that space law is a possible shield for players conduct.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #697451

tripleposting in your own appeal
doubleposting in your own peanut
is there anything worse, forumbros?
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #697452

Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:08 am

Spacelaw is still used to justify and defend the motive of an action in appeals regarding sec conduct.

A player can point to following space law if accused of "playing to win" because it lends evidence to them simply following their job guidelines.

Timber puts it best that space law is a possible shield for players conduct.
I agree that it can be a possible shield to player conduct.

I don't agree to use it to ban someone tho. It's cannot be used to enforce rules. And on that note, neither to justify griefing. It's a guideline. Don't use it as a crutch.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #697454

Space law is not a policy, but it is a guideline, it is not actionable but you are held to it's standard, you will not be punished for it, except when you do, but don't quote it in your appeal or you will be laughed at.
Make sense?

With clear regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #697455

RP Rule 3 has a precedent on it.

"When determining severe punishments such as permanent incarceration or execution, make an effort to contact a superior if the situation permits it."

Stems from the Chain of Command being part of Manuel's rules.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad

Post by conrad » #697456

BONERMASTER wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:47 am Space law is not a policy, but it is a guideline, it is not actionable but you are held to it's standard, you will not be punished for it, except when you do, but don't quote it in your appeal or you will be laughed at.
Make sense?

With clear regards
-BONERMASTER
Make's a ton of sense. Thankyou bonerman
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #697458

my understanding has always been that security have relaxed escalation in a red alert situation. it's how i've always played it, and it's how i guide others when im acting in an admin capacity. i cannot in good conscience punish someone else for something that i would do myself. in MRP, there is an expectation to gain authorizations for executions from command, however, again, in a red alert situation the chain of command can break down. the warden in this instance has command over the brig if it's not possible to easily contact the hos/captain.

it's also my understanding that space law isn't OOCly enforceable because it isn't rules/policy and its wiki page isn't protected. it's a set of RP laws that translate into good OOC guidelines for good faith play. if someone tells me they did something as sec because they were following space law, then most times that's enough of an IC justification that it's already not explicitly a "play-to-win" scenario. it depends on if the situation arose because of a desire to enforce space law, or if they took the action first and then used space law as a justification after the fact. it is usually pretty easy to tell - the common "eotc so i killed them" just to be able to rack up valid kills springs to mind.
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697461

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:52 am

"When determining severe punishments such as permanent incarceration or execution, make an effort to contact a superior if the situation permits it."

That's what I get for opening my big fat mouth to talk about a server I scarcely admin.

Thanks for the reminder Tim🅱er.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #697463

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:52 am

That's what I get for opening my big fat mouth to talk about a server I scarcely admin.

Thanks for the reminder Tim🅱er.
Skill issue
Hugs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #697465

Policy wise?

Ive always treated breaking out of perma as generally execution worthy unless perma is uninhabitable (or there's some other really really really good reason).

The reasoning is that perma is the very last not-fatal punishment sec applies. If you break out of perma, since sec can escalate punishments, it usually ends in death.

I wouldn't ask sec to keep reusing perma for someone that has already escaped from it. Being caught after escaping or trying to escape is usually a brief RP opportunity before you're spirited out of the shift.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #697470

In all honesty, I can really only think of other servers with this one.

Like if you break out of perma on Paradise you are sending yourself on a wild adventure to becoming kill on sight and no one will bat an eye if you die. But that is when they successfully get out.

Obviously the full story isn't here yet though, and I can't really be bothered to look as of now.
Hugs
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #697473

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:00 pm my understanding has always been that security have relaxed escalation in a red alert situation. it's how i've always played it, and it's how i guide others when im acting in an admin capacity. i cannot in good conscience punish someone else for something that i would do myself. in MRP, there is an expectation to gain authorizations for executions from command, however, again, in a red alert situation the chain of command can break down. the warden in this instance has command over the brig if it's not possible to easily contact the hos/captain.

it's also my understanding that space law isn't OOCly enforceable because it isn't rules/policy and its wiki page isn't protected. it's a set of RP laws that translate into good OOC guidelines for good faith play. if someone tells me they did something as sec because they were following space law, then most times that's enough of an IC justification that it's already not explicitly a "play-to-win" scenario. it depends on if the situation arose because of a desire to enforce space law, or if they took the action first and then used space law as a justification after the fact. it is usually pretty easy to tell - the common "eotc so i killed them" just to be able to rack up valid kills springs to mind.
I've always taken revs/cult as being a code red situation once they go loud, with it later becoming a code delta situation once it becomes possible that they can win. Breaking out of perma during a revolutionary round where it seems like it's neck and neck or even lopsided against security seems to be a "fuck around and find out" kind of situation for the prisoners.

Obviously, the logs and admin recounting of it will be able to fill in more of the gaps.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697486

kinnebian wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:33 am tripleposting in your own appeal
quadruple posting as the opening post for a peanut that is about you and you give it a shit title, when there is an obvious funny one.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697489

0/10 thread title

manuel bans, amirite?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697499

Maia appeals every ban she gets because she hopes she'll get lucky and the headmins will overturn it, not because there's any actual ground to stand on regarding whether or not she deserved to be banned.

I guess we'll see the facts on this one when Isratosh gets a chance to post logs, but I'm not hopeful.

E: This was rude and I shouldn't have said it, I apologize to Maia on the next page.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697504

Isratosh wrote: I want to know why you did not choose to do something like handcuff them to a bed in a cell until mindshields were available or leave them in the permabrig with the lockdown enabled.
This right here is why I find it important admins play at least 30+ hours of sec in the places they admin before banning sec players over conduct.

This is the most impractical thing you could imagine. Revolutions escalate and snowball incredibly fast. Revolution win rate is the highest of all conversion antags, believe it or not, higher than cult. It is a very serious threat to sec. And you’re suggesting she… Handcuff three escaped perma convicts to beds and wait for mindshields? That is simply not going to cut it.

Lastly I would say, I hope they finish it up quickly, for temp bans like this I don’t find it fair for admins to delay the handling of the appeal very long, since the ban itself is only like a few days to begin with.
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #697509

if the hos truly told her to let the prisoners go then it's more concerning to me that they chose to supersede those orders. i personally would be interested in what the IC reasoning was for doing so.

i might have a scour of the logs later if i find the time, this is an interesting situation.
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #697513

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:08 pm
kinnebian wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:33 am tripleposting in your own appeal
quadruple posting as the opening post for a peanut that is about you and you give it a shit title, when there is an obvious funny one.
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:15 pm 0/10 thread title

manuel bans, amirite?
Lizard mains. Their medulla oblongatas are typically abnormally large so they are prone to aggression and jealousy at the expense of other higher functions, which I theorize is why they gravitate towards playing alligators.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #697517

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:58 pm Maia appeals every ban she gets because she hopes she'll get lucky and the headmins will overturn it, not because there's any actual ground to stand on regarding whether or not she deserved to be banned.

I guess we'll see the facts on this one when Isratosh gets a chance to post logs, but I'm not hopeful.
On the face of it, it's capable of being overturned.

We have both escaping from perma and a round-defining antag type present and known in revolution.

Escaping from perma almost always allows escalation to execution. We can home in more closely on Maia's choice to ignore the HoS, however...

Round defining antag-types should fundamentally recontextualise the lens through which admins normally view player conduct.

These shifts are designed to be hectic or stressful and put players in more difficult and complex scenarios at the same time, often with competing threats actively out to kill or convert them.

More difficult and complex scenarios mean there's much more room for mistakes, but devoid of any genuine wrongdoing from the player to set up that scenario in the first place.

Accordingly, the inexcusable becomes understandable and the OOC issue often becomes the IC issue.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697519

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:58 pm Maia appeals every ban she gets because she hopes she'll get lucky and the headmins will overturn it, not because there's any actual ground to stand on regarding whether or not she deserved to be banned.

fuck you too
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697520

also thats a lie i have like 2 bans i havent appealed because they werre rightfully placed fuck you vekter
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #697530

damn vekter got owned
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697538

when exactly are you supposed to contact the hos to get permission to execute escaping perma prisoners during a revolution

do admins not understand what executive decisions are
nickup9
Byond Username: Nickup9

Post by nickup9 » #697541

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:51 pm
Escaping from perma almost always allows escalation to execution. We can home in more closely on Maia's choice to ignore the HoS, however...
If the primary issue in the ban is becoming the disobedience of my orders to Roentgen then this ban’s lost its merit, and I’ve likley fucked up massively.

While there were some tactical considerations, such as not pissing off the AI and keeping focus on revs, I was mostly concerned with whether or not re-ed would have been lawful (in terms or rules and policy, not space law) or not.

However it seems that the rules are okay with what Roentgen did in regards to killing escaping prisoners during a revolution. And going through the logs the prisoners were planning to breakout and abuse law 1, plus a borg pulled a prisoner away from Roentgen without any cause or orders, it seems? This might have caused Roentgen to use more direct action. Either way in terms of policy their actions seem to be OK. So my concerns with policy and rules was entierly mistaken.

Even tactically my order was incorrect looking back at it, cause the traitor that was perma’d had some means, but especially motive, to raise hell for Sec and would have had they not been caught. The other two, maybe not as much motive, but they could still have been threats.

While the AI would have been pissed the prisoners were going to use Asimov against sec anyways, and maybe Roentgen cottoned onto that while I didn’t, since I was at cargo securing it. Therefore for safety’s sake getting them out of the picture, then possibly reviving them after the revolution, would be more tactically sound.

Tldr: I’m pretty sure this one’s on me, I fucked up and gave a bad instruction that shouldn’t have been followed to begin with. Wonder if I should toss this in the ban thread proper?
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #697542

nickup9 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:29 pm
If the primary issue in the ban is becoming the disobedience of my orders to Roentgen then this ban’s lost its merit, and I’ve likley fucked up massively.

While there were some tactical considerations, such as not pissing off the AI and keeping focus on revs, I was mostly concerned with whether or not re-ed would have been lawful (in terms or rules and policy, not space law) or not.

However it seems that the rules are okay with what Roentgen did in regards to killing escaping prisoners during a revolution. And going through the logs the prisoners were planning to breakout and abuse law 1, plus a borg pulled a prisoner away from Roentgen without any cause or orders, it seems? This might have caused Roentgen to use more direct action. Either way in terms of policy their actions seem to be OK. So my concerns with policy and rules was entierly mistaken.

Even tactically my order was incorrect looking back at it, cause the traitor that was perma’d had some means, but especially motive, to raise hell for Sec and would have had they not been caught. The other two, maybe not as much motive, but they could still have been threats.

While the AI would have been pissed the prisoners were going to use Asimov against sec anyways, and maybe Roentgen cottoned onto that while I didn’t, since I was at cargo securing it. Therefore for safety’s sake getting them out of the picture, then possibly reviving them after the revolution, would be more tactically sound.

Tldr: I’m pretty sure this one’s on me, I fucked up and gave a bad instruction that shouldn’t have been followed to begin with. Wonder if I should toss this in the ban thread proper?
the great thing about appeals is you can rethink previous actions and decide if they were right or wrong. since you were involved in this, your imput would likely help the admins in decision making
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697543

nickup9 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:29 pm

you’re allowed to put it in the threat proper since you were involved, go for it
Spoiler: