Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #697825

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34617

Can't you send people pictures of your ass?
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Re: Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Post by Constellado » #697992

I didn't see this till now so I am going to say my take on it even though the forum thread seems to have moved on from the first impression takes.

If somebody did this with my characters PDA I would not be happy in the slightest.
Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:35 am Edit: Actually no, it's very creepy they kept sending messages to the same person, and an asshole move doing it through someone else's PDA. Manuel's gossip is already bad as it is, being tagged as a pervert because of another shitter's actions would be horrible.
This.
Essentially sending messages with another player's PDA that can make them tagged as a pervert is a NO NO in my book. Holy shit. I would rather it be ANYTHING else in the message than what we saw.

The amount of damage control I would have to do if it went into the gossip sphere if it happened to me!

I can tell people see this in many ways but I am on the camp of get rid of this I don't want to see it.

If it was with their own PDA sure, it's more excusable. But as soon as it was with the other persons PDA? No. Just no
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698002

Look, back when PDAs were thrown out roundstart because tablets were merged, people sending fake and embarrassing messages under your static name was part of the territory. It was a sort of punishment that you got for being so careless.

PDA’ing a random felinid “hey. we need to talk. i love you” and other such horrible atrocities were regularly enjoyed by the masses of the spoofing game — although in this scenario I must agree it went into the realm of a forceful tone that soured the joke in an unfortunate way, I mention this to oppose such prima facie indignance over the mere phenomena of spoofing itself, including undesirable instances.

Your static is not sacred. Your PDA messages are not sacred. Just as you could be killed or wronged physically, there exist things like this which can wrong you socially, and unless it crosses into such territory as it did here, it is fair game.

You want to hear about BAD spoofing? One time I gave my body up, and the replacement after dying proceeded to pretend to be a pedophile under my static name in dchat for like 20 minutes. And yet, after yelling at what appeared to be myself for the duration, I at the very most sent an ahelp. And even that I am not sure of. Because there exists an element of jovial, cantankerous hooliganship in this game, and to trade it in for an environment with its edges cut off is a principle I would
ordinarily oppose.
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #698006

Two ways to get quickly banned on TG station:

1. Playing security
2. Talking about sex

Your choice.

With safe regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #698008

Make it a month ban and note him. I'm doubtful he's going to do it again. Or not. I don't care. He could just play on skyrat.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698010

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:58 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm Was the texts literally just "send nudes" or was there more to it.
that was literally it lmao
people literally posted several times that it was not just that
do you even check what people you blindly defend say
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698017

Fikou wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:52 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm Was the texts literally just "send nudes" or was there more to it.
i check what’s in the appeal. if the admin leaves out the most damning part of their PDA logs in their ban reason and posts i may miss it

also fuck you man i can’t believe you’ve been underaged for the past 4 years of adminning
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698018

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:44 pm Two ways to get quickly banned on TG station:

1. Playing security
2. Talking about sex

Your choice.

With safe regards
-BONERMASTER
why not both.gif
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698019

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:43 am
i check what’s in the appeal. if the admin leaves out the most damning part of their PDA logs in their ban reason and posts i may miss it

also fuck you man i can’t believe you’ve been underaged for the past 4 years of adminning
this was the first reply to the post NOOB

also where did that come from i havent been underage for more than a year
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698029

Fikou wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:54 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:43 am

this was the first reply to the post NOOB

also where did that come from i havent been underage for more than a year
I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN ANCIENT 46 YEAR OLD ADMIN FROM 2019 ALL THIS TIME
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698040

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:17 pm PDA’ing a random felinid “hey. we need to talk. i love you” and other such horrible atrocities were regularly enjoyed by the masses of the spoofing game — although in this scenario I must agree it went into the realm of a forceful tone that soured the joke in an unfortunate way, I mention this to oppose such prima facie indignance over the mere phenomena of spoofing itself, including undesirable instances.
There's a big difference between doing something like that and being creepy as fuck about it.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of fucking around when it comes to sex jokes but this definitely crosses the line, if just because it runs the risk of starting rumors about the person who's being impersonated. I agree that sending stupid or incriminating messages using other peoples' PDAs is hilarious, but you can do it without being creepy.

E:
OmenVI wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:02 am I know these are cherry picked and like you said many got perma bans, but if they can get away with all of that and get temp bans then why do I get perma banned if what I did was nowhere near as bad? You see what I'm trying to say?
I don't think he understands that Chesh only kept him permabanned in this case because he continued to refuse to get the point when everyone was waving it right in his face. If he'd agree not to do it again, I'm sure we'd just unban him and be done with it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698052

He sorta stated it indirectly,
OmenVI wrote: If I had known just fucking saying send nudes a couple of times qualified a perma ban I most likely wouldn't have said it
A secret for you admins that players DON’T want you to know about: even if we disagree with the ban, the bwoink, hell even if it gets overturned and it’s ruled we’re in the right, the fact we had to go through that in the first place serves as a powerful deterrent to never do whatever it was again, and in all but the most extreme of cases you can be assured recurrent behavior will not reoccur. Unless such behavior has become addictive and habitual like chem bombers.
Spoiler:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698062

this guy reminds me of a brick wall
respect (let him do his thing)
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #698063

The solution is simple, ban static names. A character is supposed to be a character, not a representation of OOC you.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698066

BlueMemesauce wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:20 am The solution is simple, ban static names. A character is supposed to be a character, not a representation of OOC you.
A static character isn't an automatic self insert.
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #698080

i think its important to take that stuff serious even when people play it off. i see ppl who get called out for actual sexual harassment try and play it off as a joke and ppl believe them so they keep being a creep
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698082

i am here once again to fulfil my contractual obligation to be That Motherfucker and say this would make me uncomfortable. it would not convince me that the person is OOCly a creep, though. i would just assume they're making shitty unfunny jokes because they're probably underage.

i wouldn't ahelp if it was just 1 message, in fact i'd probably contact the hos and ask them to do something about it. but since it's like 5 when not even the first one was funny, yeah i'd probably ask an admin if they'd be able to tell them to knock it off, once again invoking the must-be-funny clause. if you're going to tell risqué jokes, you should check that they're funny first.

edit: FWIW i have 0 issue with spoofing messages. it's funny when you're sending a message that's funny in itself. but i'm not here to RP being sexually harassed.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698127

all's well that end's well? i don't understand the week ban, though. seems petty. especially when the ban and appeal in general was fumbled so badly. not that i think they're exactly a golden star example of a citizen. just really sucks that this ban is making me sympathize with Person Who Sends 7 PDA Messages Of "I want to see you naked"
Cheshify wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:07 am Of course, I could have sat you down and explained the consequences of your actions for a half hour, and I could have had better ticket etiquette. I don't want to play moral guide to someone I do not think is going to be receptive to a discussion after they've done something that I believe is morally wrong and telling me they're just having a laugh.
this is part of yer job. to talk to people chesh. come on. i understand that you shouldn't have to put up with shit but like you said two things to this person before perma banning them. you ended up having to spend 100x the time and deal with an appeal because you were too petty to just Stop and Talk.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #698131

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm this is part of yer job. to talk to people chesh. come on. i understand that you shouldn't have to put up with shit but like you said two things to this person before perma banning them. you ended up having to spend 100x the time and deal with an appeal because you were too petty to just Stop and Talk.
Dude. Enough with the patronizing talk, I'm sick of it. I get it, the ticket could have been better and I could have sat them down and explained that sexually harassing people while pretending to be someone else is wrong. I've explained myself plenty.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698134

Cheshify wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:49 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm this is part of yer job. to talk to people chesh. come on. i understand that you shouldn't have to put up with shit but like you said two things to this person before perma banning them. you ended up having to spend 100x the time and deal with an appeal because you were too petty to just Stop and Talk.
Dude. Enough with the patronizing talk, I'm sick of it. I get it, the ticket could have been better and I could have sat them down and explained that sexually harassing people while pretending to be someone else is wrong. I've explained myself plenty.
the reason i brought it up was because you complained about having to Talk to people in a very tongue in cheek manner
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #698140

No tongue in cheek here, I'm sick of this entire situation.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698142

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698152

/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698159

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm all's well that end's well? i don't understand the week ban, though. seems petty. especially when the ban and appeal in general was fumbled so badly. not that i think they're exactly a golden star example of a citizen. just really sucks that this ban is making me sympathize with Person Who Sends 7 PDA Messages Of "I want to see you naked"
Cheshify wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:07 am Of course, I could have sat you down and explained the consequences of your actions for a half hour, and I could have had better ticket etiquette. I don't want to play moral guide to someone I do not think is going to be receptive to a discussion after they've done something that I believe is morally wrong and telling me they're just having a laugh.
this is part of yer job. to talk to people chesh. come on. i understand that you shouldn't have to put up with shit but like you said two things to this person before perma banning them. you ended up having to spend 100x the time and deal with an appeal because you were too petty to just Stop and Talk.
I don't think you should view you failing as an trialmin as an opportunity to backseat other admins that already take more responsibility for their actions than you do.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #698161

BlueMemesauce wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:20 am The solution is simple, ban static names. A character is supposed to be a character, not a representation of OOC you.
My static characters are pretty damn far away from my actual self you will be suprised! (Some things are similar because its not possible to act without using some aspects of your own self/personality)

Plus having statics allow for very fun multi-round situations. for example, my character has gotten random faxes from some bluespace cult. Idk who is doing it but it is great.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698165

Just wanted to add something to this:
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:47 am Our admin team puts hundreds of hours combined per week to try and give 24/7 coverage of all our game servers. Even when admins aren't online, people are monitoring the Discord for relayed and urgent ahelps at work or during their own leisure time. We don't pay them a dime for this, we (both "we the admin team" and "we the headmin team") barely offer them long-term support and coaching in a quite difficult and draining public-facing role. We just expect them to, you know, deal with a lot of the worst of what SS13 as a game and as a community of people has to offer.
And it's goddamn worth it 'cos we get to sit on the night shift booth pushing buttons n shit
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698168

chesh is a good admin, good player, all around gem who has been subjected to an amount of bullshit from this community that would turn most people into a pile of inert particulate from the sheer pressure. but they just keep on trucking, doing what they do well.

certified iconic timberpost at the end there. i'm gonna miss this term when it's over.
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698172

And I meant it, too.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #698178

It starts with an H and ends with an X.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698369

Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:13 am I don't think you should view you failing as an trialmin as an opportunity to backseat other admins that already take more responsibility for their actions than you do.
ive been arm chairing before i even had the purple name. my trial was extended partly due to me having opinions on other bans/decisions going down. no need to try to get so cut throat here.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698370

yeah if u wanna pass trial you’re not allowed to give hot takes on peanuts you have to dry logpost and suck admin pp so they like u
Spoiler:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698371

Trials can say w/e they want idgaf some of my takes are hotter than anything any admin would say fr
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698376

kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:02 am Trials can say w/e they want idgaf some of my takes are hotter than anything any admin would say fr
… Said 1/3rd (:
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698382

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:41 am
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:13 am I don't think you should view you failing as an trialmin as an opportunity to backseat other admins that already take more responsibility for their actions than you do.
ive been arm chairing before i even had the purple name. my trial was extended partly due to me having opinions on other bans/decisions going down. no need to try to get so cut throat here.
I'm not being cut throat here, I'm reminding you of your position and conduct so that when you are reminding people like chesh of theirs you do it with more consideration.

Because how it looks to me is that you have a chip on your shoulder regarding your trial that's influencing how you treat admins now. Because I also armchair but the way you do it since your trial reads more like a mock admin than a player bringing up a precedent.

It doesn't look to me that you chime in because you care about facts or fairness or want to see genuine improvement. It more seems like you do it to convince yourself that you are admin material even if other people thought otherwise.

I could be totally wrong though, that's just my honest take.
conrad

Post by conrad » #698395

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 am
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:02 am Trials can say w/e they want idgaf some of my takes are hotter than anything any admin would say fr
… Said 1/3rd (:
Sinfulbliss collects olympic medals of goalpost moving ong

Man has calves harder than concrete
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698412

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:59 am yeah if u wanna pass trial you’re not allowed to give hot takes on peanuts you have to dry logpost and suck admin pp so they like u
the truth is that hot takes in peanuts are pointless. they're either sincere powerless soapboxing or shitposting posing as soapboxing. in bus we basically disagree on everything but the conversations are actually productive and don't devolve into a silly little point-scoring melodramatic dumpster fire like almost every thread in this subforum.
NSFW:
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #698413

dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:47 pm in bus [...] the conversations are actually productive
Spoiler:
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #698414

The ban could have been avoided had he read rule 8, which isn’t explicitly ERP but bans explicit content in general.

It’s a shame he snuck in the I want to see you naked comment, I’d be unimpressed if someone caught a perma for just “send nudes” especially w the follow up of “send bob and vagene”.

The fact he tried to not have it related to his character and caused mischief to someone else’s also kinda signals he knew he was being cheeky.

The real question is why waste time making a ban appeal if you’re just going to argue about the ban without actually reading the rule. Either directly argue how it’s not a valid ban copy pasting rules or lie and try to say the right things to get unbanned and have a grudge or something.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698415

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:51 pm
dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:47 pm in bus [...] the conversations are actually productive
Spoiler:
damn you really gonna out our secret that it's just cat pictures and making fun of players smh
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698416

dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:47 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:59 am yeah if u wanna pass trial you’re not allowed to give hot takes on peanuts you have to dry logpost and suck admin pp so they like u
the truth is that hot takes in peanuts are pointless. they're either sincere powerless soapboxing or shitposting posing as soapboxing. in bus we basically disagree on everything but the conversations are actually productive and don't devolve into a silly little point-scoring melodramatic dumpster fire like almost every thread in this subforum.
Oh yeah that is actually a very good point.

Peanut posting doesn't fucking matter. No one gives a shit. Forum rules still apply tho.

I AM FUCKING TIRED OF TELLING PEOPLE THIS WHY DO THEY KEEP COMING TO THEIR OWN PEANUTS AND BECOMING SAD OR GETTING BANNED HARDER FFS
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #698427

in bus we basically disagree on everything but the conversations are actually productive and don't devolve into a silly little point-scoring melodramatic dumpster fire like almost every thread in this subforum.
are we looking at the same bus fr? PRODUCTIVE? ARE YOU HIGH?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #698429

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 am
… Said 1/3rd (:
Flarped up society.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698433

kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:52 pm
in bus we basically disagree on everything but the conversations are actually productive and don't devolve into a silly little point-scoring melodramatic dumpster fire like almost every thread in this subforum.
ARE YOU HIGH?
yea
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698463

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:57 pm

Peanut posting doesn't fucking matter. No one gives a shit. Forum rules still apply tho.
what a nothing comment. i swear half the stuff i read from you is like the same sort of content you see in instructions manuals of toasters, you flip through the little 30 page booklet that has 6 languages in it only to realize “what the fuck am i doing it’s just talking about how to toast bread, no shit” then you just toast the bread

i prefer burnt toast comments like ekat or milquetoast comments like dendy but you do earn points since there’s a bit of a fruity twist in many of them, like a really dense protein bar but they put a few cranberries in the center
Spoiler:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698466

Cobby wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:54 pm The ban could have been avoided had he read rule 8, which isn’t explicitly ERP but bans explicit content in general.

It’s a shame he snuck in the I want to see you naked comment, I’d be unimpressed if someone caught a perma for just “send nudes” especially w the follow up of “send bob and vagene”.

The fact he tried to not have it related to his character and caused mischief to someone else’s also kinda signals he knew he was being cheeky.

The real question is why waste time making a ban appeal if you’re just going to argue about the ban without actually reading the rule. Either directly argue how it’s not a valid ban copy pasting rules or lie and try to say the right things to get unbanned and have a grudge or something.
to be fair, he never WAS told what rule he was in violation of. it took a bit in the appeal itself for rule 8 to be brought up and explained
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #698467

kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:52 pm are we looking at the same bus fr? PRODUCTIVE?
Before u showed up it was against the rules to shitpost in there. My productivity has dropped at least threefold Kieth4, why would u do this

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698469

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:11 pm

what a nothing comment. i swear half the stuff i read from you is like the same sort of content you see in instructions manuals of toasters, you flip through the little 30 page booklet that has 6 languages in it only to realize “what the fuck am i doing it’s just talking about how to toast bread, no shit” then you just toast the bread

i prefer burnt toast comments like ekat or milquetoast comments like dendy but you do earn points since there’s a bit of a fruity twist in many of them, like a really dense protein bar but they put a few cranberries in the center
the results are in:

scoring:
aggressive for no discernible reason +1
delivers a punchline that ties together the toaster running theme +1
backhanded compliments to other posters, one of whom posted once and then left: +1
fumbles with the protein bar: related to food? unrelated to toast -1

judge comments:
common sinful bait. good effort. adds flavour to the thread while actively counteracting any good nutrition derived from it.

final peanut score: crouton
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698471

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:11 pm

A balanced diet is very important.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #698473

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:54 pm
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:52 pm are we looking at the same bus fr? PRODUCTIVE?
Before u showed up it was against the rules to shitpost in there. My productivity has dropped at least threefold Kieth4, why would u do this
Chop chop jannie sweep it up
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #698475

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:54 pm
You were adminned during Timber's first term. There is NO WAY you don't see the common theme.
Spoiler:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698497

Lacran wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:55 am I'm not being cut throat here, I'm reminding you of your position and conduct so that when you are reminding people like chesh of theirs you do it with more consideration.

Because how it looks to me is that you have a chip on your shoulder regarding your trial that's influencing how you treat admins now. Because I also armchair but the way you do it since your trial reads more like a mock admin than a player bringing up a precedent.

It doesn't look to me that you chime in because you care about facts or fairness or want to see genuine improvement. It more seems like you do it to convince yourself that you are admin material even if other people thought otherwise.

I could be totally wrong though, that's just my honest take.
it's true that I have a very cynical view of the administration as a whole due to my trial. more-or-less seen the guts of it all, barring the tippy top of the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower. the reason i come off as a mock admin instead of a player is probably because i was once an admin. i know the expectations.

on the topic of facts and fairness, it's a shame you don't see my presence as me wanting to see genuine improvement. I tried to push the appeal in a more positive discussion by giving him advice that if he wanted to be unbanned then it would be best to focus on making a case where you wouldn't repeat said behavior. I'd like to imagine that helped push the appeal in a positive manner, but also Timber did most of the heavy lifting in that regard (as he usually does) - a little sad he deleted the first part of my post, though. I thought it was pretty helpful :(

i've always despised the strained player/admin relations. lotsa admins get in a "fuck the players" mentality and the exact same could be said for a lotta players, i.e. "fuck the jannies." pardon my fumbling as i try to figure out how best to improve that, i suppose.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #698499

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:51 pm to be fair, he never WAS told what rule he was in violation of. it took a bit in the appeal itself for rule 8 to be brought up and explained
reading the ticket I feel like thats really splitting hairs, it was obvious from the start the issue was that he was getting in trouble for "...solicit[ing] sexual photos..." since thats how the ticket opened. It isnt as specific as reading him the rulelist direct but I feel like just reading the big bold text on the rule list you should be able to parse what rule the admin is upset with.

I feel like if they approached the conversation with a bit more care rather than just going "it was a joke" and "yep thats it." they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble pretending like they were interested in why the admin believed they were at fault. I dont really fault the admin for responding with a "ok see ya!" attitude after that.

Even in the appeal he still didnt grasp that there is no "well joking is actually permissible" clause in the rule. Id understand if the rule was a nuanced essay like some of the other rules but rule 8 is a single sentence, and you dont have to do anything to be in compliance w said rule. Then again we still let porn in books exist so we obviously have some unspoken nuance, but he lost any redeemable part here by not trying to understand that nuance and just go "yep thats it". REALLY needed to get off the defensive.

The REAL PEANUT takeaway is that people should learn to talk their way out of problems IC so they dont have negative charisma when talking to admins OOC and can get out of trouble in both :)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current