Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #697825

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34617

Can't you send people pictures of your ass?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Re: Officer asks roboticist to show it all (peanut)

Post by Fren256 » #697831

Mormon server

Edit: Actually no, it's very creepy they kept sending messages to the same person, and an asshole move doing it through someone else's PDA. Manuel's gossip is already bad as it is, being tagged as a pervert because of another shitter's actions would be horrible.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697851

Holy SHIT what a horrible ban. And backed by a headmin too! Y’all have completely lost sight of rule 8 at this point, it’s almost comical.
I didn't think this qualified as ERP at all. I'm not making my 2D space man fuck another 2D space man. I said send nudes. You all are acting like I opened pandora's box though, which is why I'm confused on why this is a perma ban and not a warning or even a temp ban. If I had known just fucking saying send nudes a couple of times qualified a perma ban I most likely wouldn't have said it, but because the atmosphere of the game is inherently ridiculous, I didn't think that was an issue. So when I was contacted about it and you said you've got a better joke, I'm not gonna fight it, because I know you've probably already decided on what you'd do. That's how you guys operate.
This is extremely fucking real, and he is 100% right about everything he said here. Y’all need to lighten up and realize this is a videogame, “send nudes” sent from a stolen PDA is so inoffensive and harmless, I’m convinced at this point the goal isn’t to make the servers a better place but to just be a hardass for the hell of being a hardass. Probably the worst ban I’ve seen in a long time.

Alternatively: this would be laughed at by admins on LRP. What is it with Manuelmins and having zero sense of humor about anything remotely close to offensive? Only hugbox approved knock knock jokes allowed
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #697856

Nah, Sinful. When we say "Restrictions around Rule 8 need to be loosened when it's harmless innuendo and jokes, but should stay when it becomes Sexual Harassment" this is pretty clearly it falling into the latter.

If he sent it to them once, that'd be fine. A little fucky wucky (given it's someone else's PDA, thus involving someone without their consent), but I'd say "just tell them not to do it again and move on." If it was someone to their friend on their own PDA I'd say there's literally zero problems with it.

But this is someone using someone else's PDA to send that MULTIPLE times. That showed up in the logs like, 5-6 times, and at that point it's no longer really a harmless joke or innuendo and can totally become sexual harassment. I wouldn't say someone's overreacting to say that they're a little uncomfortable about it.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #697857

I will still send photocopies of my ass to every fax machine on the station
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #697860

I don't even understand why it's a bigger issue if it's attempting to pin this on someone else ic.

Are we suddenly gonna be worried about the consent of the captain if we see that he left the comms console logged in?
I play medical doctor and corner as a non-human you have no idea how many times I've snagged a human's PDA just so I could message the AI for some order or just to cause some drama.
This whole idea of "think about the perception of their static how could you be doing that you know what a monster you are timber ban him right away" is laughable.
Image Image
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #697864

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:47 am Holy SHIT what a horrible ban. And backed by a headmin too! Y’all have completely lost sight of rule 8 at this point, it’s almost comical.
I didn't think this qualified as ERP at all. I'm not making my 2D space man fuck another 2D space man. I said send nudes. You all are acting like I opened pandora's box though, which is why I'm confused on why this is a perma ban and not a warning or even a temp ban. If I had known just fucking saying send nudes a couple of times qualified a perma ban I most likely wouldn't have said it, but because the atmosphere of the game is inherently ridiculous, I didn't think that was an issue. So when I was contacted about it and you said you've got a better joke, I'm not gonna fight it, because I know you've probably already decided on what you'd do. That's how you guys operate.
This is extremely fucking real, and he is 100% right about everything he said here. Y’all need to lighten up and realize this is a videogame, “send nudes” sent from a stolen PDA is so inoffensive and harmless, I’m convinced at this point the goal isn’t to make the servers a better place but to just be a hardass for the hell of being a hardass. Probably the worst ban I’ve seen in a long time.

Alternatively: this would be laughed at by admins on LRP. What is it with Manuelmins and having zero sense of humor about anything remotely close to offensive? Only hugbox approved knock knock jokes allowed
( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes"
[2023-08-06 00:28:50] OmenVI/(Mike Walter) (Brig (113,166,2)) (Event #1)
( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes now please"
[2023-08-06 00:28:59] OmenVI/(Mike Walter) (Brig (114,166,2)) (Event #2)
( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Your Nudes to me"
[2023-08-06 00:29:07] OmenVI/(Mike Walter) (Brig (114,165,2)) (Event #3)
( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Let me see you naked"
[2023-08-06 00:29:33] OmenVI/(Mike Walter) (Brig (114,166,2)) (Event #4)
( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Sends bobs and vagene"
You don't think this is creepy?
Boot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:45 am I don't even understand why it's a bigger issue if it's attempting to pin this on someone else ic.
Some people don't like to be framed for rulebreaks and sexual harassment, weird I know.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #697865

Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:35 am Edit: Actually no, it's very creepy they kept sending messages to the same person, and an asshole move doing it through someone else's PDA. Manuel's gossip is already bad as it is, being tagged as a pervert because of another shitter's actions would be horrible.
my opinion is this
respect (let him do his thing)
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697892

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:45 am Are we suddenly gonna be worried about the consent of the captain if we see that he left the comms console logged in?
imagine getting banned for sending a station announcement of “send nudes” in the captain’s name
CMDR_Gungnir wrote:Nah, Sinful. When we say "Restrictions around Rule 8 need to be loosened when it's harmless innuendo and jokes, but should stay when it becomes Sexual Harassment" this is pretty clearly it falling into the latter.
Let me ask you a few questions then and we can decide if this was a joke or sexual harassment.
1. Is it even possible to “send nudes” on SS13?
2. What do you think the goal of spamming “send nudes” was? A: because he really wanted nudes, B: to be funny and act stupid on someone else’s PDA
3. What would your reaction be to hearing “send nudes” spammed on your messages? Would you become uncomfortable and feel sexually harassed?
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697894

i this this was in poor taste and possibly offensive but fine ruleswise
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #697895

in other words. IC issue
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #697896

User avatarsinfulbliss
Post by sinfulbliss » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:47 am #697851

Holy SHIT what a horrible ban. And backed by a headmin too! Y’all have completely lost sight of rule 8 at this point, it’s almost comical.

Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697897

decent ban, you shouldnt frame someone else as a genuine creep (especially as a joke when you dont even know them). The appeal shouldve been a simple "yeah the joke went a bit far, my apologies" but this individual spent 8 posts doing mental gymnastics in order to expertly shoot themselves in the foot

Chesh couldve handled the ticket much better but I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter how long the ticket was the result wouldve been the same.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:47 am Alternatively: this would be laughed at by admins on LRP. What is it with Manuelmins and having zero sense of humor about anything remotely close to offensive? Only hugbox approved knock knock jokes allowed
I dont think so, unwanted creepy things is a pretty hard line you dont cross, its just less likely to be ahelped on LRP. Even if you did, would the admins really take it lightly if you express that its making you uncomfortable?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #697898

Fikou wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:04 pm User avatarsinfulbliss
Post by sinfulbliss » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:47 am #697851

Spoiler:
Dunb post fuck you sinful
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697901

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:05 pm decent ban, you shouldnt frame someone else as a genuine creep (especially as a joke when you dont even know them). The appeal shouldve been a simple "yeah the joke went a bit far, my apologies" but this individual spent 8 posts doing mental gymnastics in order to expertly shoot themselves in the foot

Chesh couldve handled the ticket much better but I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter how long the ticket was the result wouldve been the same.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:47 am Alternatively: this would be laughed at by admins on LRP. What is it with Manuelmins and having zero sense of humor about anything remotely close to offensive? Only hugbox approved knock knock jokes allowed
I dont think so, unwanted creepy things is a pretty hard line you dont cross, its just less likely to be ahelped on LRP. Even if you did, would the admins really take it lightly if you express that its making you uncomfortable?
No one in the history of spacemen would be made uncomfortable by something as silly as this, come on now

Unless it happened like multiple rounds in a row from the same person. Also yeah I think handling the ticket by saying “oh it was a joke was it? here’s my joke *ban*” shows just a lack of maturity
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697903

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:20 pm
TheLoLSwat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:05 pm decent ban, you shouldnt frame someone else as a genuine creep (especially as a joke when you dont even know them). The appeal shouldve been a simple "yeah the joke went a bit far, my apologies" but this individual spent 8 posts doing mental gymnastics in order to expertly shoot themselves in the foot

No one in the history of spacemen would be made uncomfortable by something as silly as this, come on now

Unless it happened like multiple rounds in a row from the same person. Also yeah I think handling the ticket by saying “oh it was a joke was it? here’s my joke *ban*” shows just a lack of maturity
I dont see how you or I could ever be made uncomfortable by something like that, but we cant speak for everyone and if someone is made uncomfortable by another player (who is doing it while impersonating another player), the absolute least the admin can do is bwoink the person to see if they understand that they went a bit far, which is what Chesh did

The ticket was trolled but not in a "wow wtf" way imo, and after reading the appeal its hard to believe the ticket wouldve gone any differently even if Chesh didnt ban him quickly
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #697905

Was the texts literally just "send nudes" or was there more to it.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697908

MooCow12 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm Was the texts literally just "send nudes" or was there more to it.
that was literally it lmao
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697911

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:31 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:20 pm

I dont see how you or I could ever be made uncomfortable by something like that, but we cant speak for everyone and if someone is made uncomfortable by another player (who is doing it while impersonating another player), the absolute least the admin can do is bwoink the person to see if they understand that they went a bit far, which is what Chesh did
So lemme get this straight. It doesn’t matter if it was intended to be sexual or creepy. It doesn’t matter if it was patently a joke made to mess with someone. It doesn’t even matter if someone actually was made uncomfortable! All that matters is if an admin thinks that, hypothetically, this could make someone uncomfortable, and now a permaban can be doled out for that?

That is just such a braindead gay baby way of enforcing rule 8. It’s fucking amazing to me a PDA message of “send nudez lul” is treated the same as two spacemen having loud 3-paragraph ERP emote oral sex in the dorms. Both permabans. Isn’t that in the least bit mental, be honest? Nope, someone could be made uncomfortable, 0 tolerance policy, enjoy your ban.
TheLoLSwat wrote:The ticket was trolled but not in a "wow wtf" way imo, and after reading the appeal its hard to believe the ticket wouldve gone any differently even if Chesh didnt ban him quickly
Perhaps if it wasn’t handled in such a bratty, immature way, the player would have been more inclined to approach the appeal more diplomatically.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #697917

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:58 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm Was the texts literally just "send nudes" or was there more to it.
that was literally it lmao
More complete logs of the interaction:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2023-08-06 00:27:10.452] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "and-OOF!" (Chapel (91,64,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:13.369] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) attempted to handcuff Witherael/(Andrew Withers) (NEWHP: 100)  (Chapel (91,65,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:13.480] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "SKED ME TO" (Chapel (91,64,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:16.557] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) handcuffed Witherael/(Andrew Withers) (NEWHP: 100)  (Chapel (91,65,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:17.072] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) grabbed Witherael/(Andrew Withers) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Chapel (91,65,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:23.210] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) shaken Witherael/(Andrew Withers) (NEWHP: 100)  (Departure Lounge (101,69,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:27.832] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "typical sec" (Aft Primary Hallway (106,82,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:42.960] GAME-EMOTE: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) claps. (Central Primary Hallway (119,144,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:42.963] GAME-EMOTE: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) laughs. (Central Primary Hallway (119,144,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:46.065] GAME-EMOTE: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) claps. (Fore Primary Hallway (108,148,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:46.070] GAME-EMOTE: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) laughs. (Fore Primary Hallway (108,148,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:53.084] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "so why am I arrested?" (Brig (111,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:56.379] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "I don't know." (Brig (112,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:01.187] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "typical" (Brig (115,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:04.454] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) is stripping Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of the trophy rack. (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:08.563] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) has stripped Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of the trophy rack. (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:21.136] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) is putting the trophy rack on Witherael/(Andrew Withers) (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:23.195] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) has put the trophy rack on Witherael/(Andrew Withers). (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:27.493] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) is stripping Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of Andrew Withers (Chaplain). (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:28.132] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "that guy broke into my office and asked to be made into steel." (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:31.618] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) has stripped Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of Andrew Withers (Chaplain). (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:38.730] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes" (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:42.879] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "haha.." (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:50.229] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes now please" (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:56.839] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "he teleported or something" (Brig (114,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:59.486] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Your Nudes to me" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:07.199] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Let me see you naked" (Brig (114,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:10.415] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "why are you chatting with my PDA?" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:16.997] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "fucking weirdo" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:25.229] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Haha.." (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:33.010] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Sends bobs and vagene" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:43.622] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) is putting Andrew Withers (Chaplain) on Witherael/(Andrew Withers) (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:45.712] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) has put Andrew Withers (Chaplain) on Witherael/(Andrew Withers). (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:47.401] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:52.297] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) is stripping Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of the handcuffs. (Brig (115,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:55.546] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "very weird officer activity" (Brig (115,167,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:56.640] ATTACK: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) has stripped Witherael/(Andrew Withers) of the handcuffs. (Brig (115,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:30:02.046] GAME-EMOTE: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) points at the floor (Brig (111,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:30:02.828] GAME-EMOTE: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) points at Brig (Brig (111,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:30:09.150] GAME-EMOTE: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) points at Brig (Brig (111,162,2))
[2023-08-06 00:30:10.935] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "by the way" (Brig (111,163,2))
[2023-08-06 00:30:12.704] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "check your PDA" (Brig (111,163,2))
For those of short attention span
Spoiler:

[2023-08-06 00:27:53.084] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "so why am I arrested?" (Brig (111,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:56.379] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "I don't know." (Brig (112,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:01.187] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "typical" (Brig (115,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:38.730] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes" (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:42.879] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "haha.." (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:50.229] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Nudes now please" (Brig (113,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:28:59.486] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Send Your Nudes to me" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:07.199] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Let me see you naked" (Brig (114,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:10.415] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "why are you chatting with my PDA?" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:16.997] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "fucking weirdo" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:25.229] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Haha.." (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:33.010] PDA: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) ( PDA: Andrew Withers to Alexa Maclagan (Roboticist)) "Sends bobs and vagene" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:47.401] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter" (Brig (114,166,2))
[2023-08-06 00:29:55.546] GAME-SAY: Witherael/(Andrew Withers) "very weird officer activity" (Brig (115,167,2))
As a side note, what is this guy's say logs? Is this dude a Pokémon or something?
Spoiler:

[2023-08-06 00:20:33.710] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter" (Brig (110,163,2))
[2023-08-06 00:20:43.314] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter?" (Brig (110,163,2))
[2023-08-06 00:20:57.191] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter?" (Brig (110,162,2))
[2023-08-06 00:21:03.418] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (110,162,2))
[2023-08-06 00:21:36.690] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter?" (Brig (110,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:21:49.596] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (110,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:22:05.623] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (110,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:22:23.332] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter Mike Waltet Mike Walter." (Brig (110,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:22:47.079] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (111,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:22:54.564] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (111,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:23:07.118] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (111,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:23:13.250] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Brig (119,165,2))
[2023-08-06 00:24:05.572] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Medbay Lobby (102,109,2))
[2023-08-06 00:24:17.306] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Medbay Lobby (102,109,2))
[2023-08-06 00:24:28.373] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Library (83,126,2))
[2023-08-06 00:25:25.208] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Aft Primary Hallway (107,107,2))
[2023-08-06 00:27:01.053] GAME-SAY: OmenVI/(Mike Walter) "Mike Walter." (Chapel (92,66,2))
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697918

“Let me see you naked” is pretty bad
But I stand by the belief that “send nudes” as a joke is a nothingburger
Spoiler:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #697920

Asking someone to send nudes and making an ass of yourself is bad, sending people messages such as "Send Nudes now please", "Send Your Nudes to me", "Let me see you naked", and "Send Nudes" is textbook creep behaviour, and impersonating someone else as a security officer is just awful. The lack of care and empathy towards how your actions affect others is classic rule 1 breaking behaviour, doubly so since it's weirdly sexual.

I would not personally want anything less than an extended ban to the perp if I had this happened to me, and having all just be shrugged off as a joke sickens me.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #697921

Guys guys, this may be a hot take, but...

Sexual harassment is bad
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #697922

I think as a one-off it was dumb joke.
As a three-off it moved beyond dumb to becoming "cut this shit out" actionable.
Then combined with "let me see you naked" moved from becoming actionable to being unacceptable.
The ending of "Sends bobs and vagene" was just the doubling down on a bad decision. A man digging his own grave that wants it an extra foot deep just to be sure.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697923

Cheshify wrote:While this is partially related to rule 8, since asking someone for nude images (obviously in a joking manner in this case, hence the bobs and vagene) is so ERP adjacent that I'd ask anyone to stop with it.
Is this part a dumb joke or is it actionable?? Timber said this alone was a dumb joke and I agree, the rest makes it worse but Chesh says very clearly the “send nudes” alone was over the line

Also I really dislike how the excuse for the hostile ticket was “i just care a lot about this issue” and “well you said afterwards to ban you.” They said that after you teased the ban over their head, what do you expect them to say? And now even though it’s pretty obvious they won’t repeat this, the appeal is denied because you started this whole thing off on hostile footing. Great work

In sum you should be able to steal the captain’s PDA and PDA “send nudes” to the whole station without an admin probing your ass over it
Spoiler:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #697924

I think this guy genuinely doesn't get it and would have liked to see more effort to make him understand before rejecting his appeal for a ban that was clearly meant to be appealed, and is excessive outside that context.

Rule 8 is and should be strict and doing things "as a joke" is still doing them.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #697925

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:40 pm Rule 8 is and should be strict and doing things "as a joke" is still doing them.
Completely, 100% agree with this. Rule 8 really isn't something to be fucked with and linetoe on.
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #697930

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:36 pm
Cheshify wrote:While this is partially related to rule 8, since asking someone for nude images (obviously in a joking manner in this case, hence the bobs and vagene) is so ERP adjacent that I'd ask anyone to stop with it.
Is this part a dumb joke or is it actionable?? Timber said this alone was a dumb joke and I agree, the rest makes it worse but Chesh says very clearly the “send nudes” alone was over the line

Also I really dislike how the excuse for the hostile ticket was “i just care a lot about this issue” and “well you said afterwards to ban you.” They said that after you teased the ban over their head, what do you expect them to say? And now even though it’s pretty obvious they won’t repeat this, the appeal is denied because you started this whole thing off on hostile footing. Great work

In sum you should be able to steal the captain’s PDA and PDA “send nudes” to the whole station without an admin probing your ass over it
you probably wont get flogged for going "send noodz lol" or similar jokes, and even if you do its a simple manner of seeing where you took the joke too far and either telling the admin you wont and you agree or that you wont and you dont agree

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:40 pm I think this guy genuinely doesn't get it and would have liked to see more effort to make him understand before rejecting his appeal for a ban that was clearly meant to be appealed, and is excessive outside that context.

Rule 8 is and should be strict and doing things "as a joke" is still doing them.
He is either being dense intentionally or just doesnt believe what he is doing is wrong, because...
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:10 am I think the problem is that you did it as a joke, but still broke the rules and very strongly enforced rules at that.

But you're so focused on the idea you did it as a joke that you're missing the memo that this was unacceptable even as a joke.

You need to consider both the impact your actions could have had on the player getting creepy messages and on the person whom you pranked through using their PDA to do it.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #697931

If he did it as himself, as a one-off, he'd have probably gotten a "That's weird man, come on"

Although I once saw a lawyer do a bit where he wore the jabroni outfit and spent the whole round advertising his OnlyLaws, PDAing people pictures of himself and faxing around pictures of his ass. I never saw him again but it was pretty funny.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697937

Dude's unbelievably pathetic. He just wants to see nude pixels lmao. He's self entitled and ain't coming back that's for sure!
nickup9
Byond Username: Nickup9

Post by nickup9 » #697944

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:05 pm
As a side note, what is this guy's say logs? Is this dude a Pokémon or something?
Oh damn, it was this guy. Yeah the only time he spoke normally to me in the brig was right before he got 🅱️eforated. Was considering demotion before adminbus did their thing.
► Show Spoiler
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697946

I agree with him being banned, but, I feel perma is too much for what happened, and also Cheshi really created a hostile atmosphere with that ticket conduct. I'm not surprised he doesn't want to apologize to Cheshi, Cheshi really didn't approach this one neutrally or professionally.

E: Okay, my original statement was a bit too harsh. The opening statement in the ticket was fine, but Cheshi should have been more inquisitive after that. "Okay, I understand it was a joke, but do you see how that sort of thing might come across as creepy?" or "Don't you think the guy whose PDA you stole would be upset you tried to frame him sexually?" or some other response which would have given him room to expound on his thoughts would have been better. "That's it?" was very dismissive and did not lend itself to productive conversation in the ticket, and is what shut down the appealant, and led to his current defiant attitude in the appeal.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #697957

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:01 pm Dude's unbelievably pathetic. He just wants to see nude pixels lmao. He's self entitled and ain't coming back that's for sure!
you can see those in the library

i think this was an unnecessary ban and rule 8 doesn't need bans for people with no priors on history.

the admins' conduct in the ticket was bad and they didn't even try to lead the person to understanding what they had done wrong before deciding they were doing it on purpose (don't handle tickets you get emotive about, we have 70+ admins who can help you) and this all could have been handled with a dont' do this again + note.

The continuing trend of treating rule 8 violations as a ban for first offence without any attempt at guiding people to the right behaviours is an overreaction.

The only thing that makes this ban mildly defendable is the length of time this player has played, so they should know the rules, but given their inactive and sporadic, i can easily see them not keeping up to date with the norms of what's permitted on tg.
Last edited by oranges on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #697959

Orange man is right you know. Rule 8 has gone way too far.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697961

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:03 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:01 pm Dude's unbelievably pathetic. He just wants to see nude pixels lmao. He's self entitled and ain't coming back that's for sure!
you can see those in the library

i think this was an unnecessary ban and rule 8 doesn't need bans for people with no priors on history.

the admins' conduct in the ticket was bad and they didn't even try to lead the person to understanding what they had done wrong before deciding they were doing it on purpose (don't handle tickets you get emotive about, we have 70+ admins who can help you) and this all could have been handled with a dont' do this again + note.

The continuing trend of treating rule 8 violations as a ban for first offence without any attempt at guiding people to the right behaviours is an overreaction.
The logs made him look like a thirsty nerd. It would be more believable as a joke if he wasn't so insistent while targeting a specific crew member.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #697962

I'm not going to pretend to know player names well enough to know if it's true that he was targeting someone specific or not but he said in his own first post that he saw they were already messaging someone and followed up on it.

which actually depending on when chesify's first set of logs occurred could be caught as a lie.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697966

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:25 pm […]and led to his current defiant attitude in the appeal.
I think what led to his defiant attitude in the appeal was less the snippy “that’s it?” and more the powertripping “i got a joke for you too!” before permabanning. if an admin said this in public it’d be funny but the fact it’s said in private, to the player they’re right about to ban, comes off as genuine anger. just being an asshole because you’re wound up

come to think of it hasnt this exact type of shit happened with cheshify already

like remember the time they gibbed 3 pirates because one attacked arrivals with a cannon
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #697967

Nah bans valid. "send nudes" would've been totally fine but repeatedly asking for a them specifically is creepy and weird and we don't need it here
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697969

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:34 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:25 pm […]and led to his current defiant attitude in the appeal.
I think what led to his defiant attitude in the appeal was less the snippy “that’s it?” and more the powertripping “i got a joke for you too!” before permabanning. if an admin said this in public it’d be funny but the fact it’s said in private, to the player they’re right about to ban, comes off as genuine anger. just being an asshole because you’re wound up

come to think of it hasnt this exact type of shit happened with cheshify already

like remember the time they gibbed 3 pirates because one attacked arrivals with a cannon
Incorrect as all hell. They chose to target the emergency shuttle with explosive shells.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #697972

The ban is not incorrect. I could've been avoided, sure, by, idk, the other person photocopying their ass fifteen times, putting the pictures on a folder, throwing it at them and beating them up instead of ahelping, but that's not the obligation of someone that's being targeted by creepy behaviour.

There's a serious problem of perspective on this peanut thread where people go "YEH BAN BE BAD 'COS" when they fail to realize it wasn't them in the round.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697973

Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:39 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Incorrect as all hell. They chose to target the emergency shuttle with explosive shells.
Dude why are you still defending this
Archie wrote:Also the third pirate, Mate Pulsarhelm/Sakke03 was never involved in firing the cannons according to logs, even though they were similarly gibbed.
you don’t gib someone that hasn’t broken the rules! hello! don’t handle things while angry because they lead to bad decisions, just pass it off to someone else
Spoiler:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #697974

I do admit that I fucked up in the ticket, I'm not infallible and I make mistakes (like literally everyone else). I can't go back and change it, I can only explain what the issue is with their actions and try to let the appeal unfold. If they truly think it's just a joke and have no interest in changing the behaviour, I can't in good faith unban them.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697975

everyone makes mistakes but it’s one thing to recognize your mistakes and change them, it’s another to recognize them for the optics of recognizing them and then go on about how “well in the end I was justified” and not changing a damn thing about how you do things going into the future
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697976

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:50 pm and not changing a damn thing about how you do things going into the future
Big assumption, there. Very big.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #697977

Err I think i misquoted ches replying to sinful instead of me.
NSFW:
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 pm I do admit that I fucked up in the ticket, I'm not infallible and I make mistakes (like literally everyone else).
Understandable, i've made many myself
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 pm I can't go back and change it
Well you can modify the outcome
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 pm I can only explain what the issue is with their actions and try to let the appeal unfold. If they truly think it's just a joke and have no interest in changing the behaviour, I can't in good faith unban them.
The problem I have with this is that you yourself said in the appeal
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:22 am I believe that this is something that cannot be allowed to continue, and in my conversation with you there was no sign of remorse or understanding of the broader issue, hence the permanent ban. I think TGstation is a server better off without this kind of behavior as it paints someone entirely innocent as an IC and OOC rule 8 breaker.
The problem is you didn't really explore any avenues of getting them to be remorseful in the ticket.
Last edited by oranges on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697978

conrad wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:52 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:50 pm and not changing a damn thing about how you do things going into the future
Big assumption, there. Very big.
going off of tickets they’ve had in the past (+ you do not gib an innocent man if you are not angry), it’s not an assumption. they genuinely need to just cool it and hand off tickets to other people when they get mad like this

FWIW it’s never happened to me, my bwoinks with them were amicable IIRC, and sure there are mistakes, but you need to CHANGE them or recognizing them means nothing
Spoiler:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697988

Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 pm I do admit that I fucked up in the ticket, I'm not infallible and I make mistakes (like literally everyone else). I can't go back and change it, I can only explain what the issue is with their actions and try to let the appeal unfold. If they truly think it's just a joke and have no interest in changing the behaviour, I can't in good faith unban them.
It's okay Cheshi, we don't expect you to be perfect. You do good work. It's also good you admitted your faults in this case.

Still, don't you think you could do a bit more to try and reach an amicable resolution with this player?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #697989

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 pm I do admit that I fucked up in the ticket, I'm not infallible and I make mistakes (like literally everyone else). I can't go back and change it, I can only explain what the issue is with their actions and try to let the appeal unfold. If they truly think it's just a joke and have no interest in changing the behaviour, I can't in good faith unban them.
It's okay Cheshi, we don't expect you to be perfect. You do good work. It's also good you admitted your faults in this case.

Still, don't you think you could do a bit more to try and reach an amicable resolution with this player?
god damnit I thought this was conrad saying this at first and I was about to be so proud of him
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #697991

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:43 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 pm

god damnit I thought this was conrad saying this at first and I was about to be so proud of him
Why do you hate me so?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #697992

I didn't see this till now so I am going to say my take on it even though the forum thread seems to have moved on from the first impression takes.

If somebody did this with my characters PDA I would not be happy in the slightest.
Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:35 am Edit: Actually no, it's very creepy they kept sending messages to the same person, and an asshole move doing it through someone else's PDA. Manuel's gossip is already bad as it is, being tagged as a pervert because of another shitter's actions would be horrible.
This.
Essentially sending messages with another player's PDA that can make them tagged as a pervert is a NO NO in my book. Holy shit. I would rather it be ANYTHING else in the message than what we saw.

The amount of damage control I would have to do if it went into the gossip sphere if it happened to me!

I can tell people see this in many ways but I am on the camp of get rid of this I don't want to see it.

If it was with their own PDA sure, it's more excusable. But as soon as it was with the other persons PDA? No. Just no
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler