Average yellow rock

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Average yellow rock

Post by iansdoor » #698054

First off, I am calling out Brick mortar for awful ideas that actually work.

so I present to y'all.

THE PREIMER NO APC NEEDED AVERAGE YELLOW ROCK. 4.3 edition

Some things of note:
  • Portable scrubbers work without power, but with its weak durability, last 10 seconds while under fire tile.
  • Space heaters with hyper cells last 120 minutes and better parts drop that room temp to -90c, also lasts about 5 minutes under fire.
  • Space loop to regulate the temperature of waste gas. This part isn't needed, but it's just a "safety" feature.
  • A random color unattached connector to add gas to the room easier by wrenching in and welding the can open.
  • A random window to condense the air and protect the heaters more from transferring heat tiles.
  • AI cannot mess with the loop itself or crystal, unless in shell.
  • A single firebot named Malvin, buckled to a chair, will forever put out fires.
I, sadly couldn't present the art of this in the art show as "the average matter". So I'll show it here for Brick to rate.
► Show Spoiler
Attachments
Bee incident
Bee incident
Brick mortar placing cheeto crystal on bridge
Brick mortar placing cheeto crystal on bridge
The gas and power readout of my meh crystal
The gas and power readout of my meh crystal
Meh crystal stable for 50+ minutes
Meh crystal stable for 50+ minutes
Photo of Lansdoor and Chimpston laughing at how stupid thing is.
Photo of Lansdoor and Chimpston laughing at how stupid thing is.
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

Re: Average yellow rock

Post by Likteer » #698067

I've never tested this - could a shower put out tiles with fire-vulnerable equipment?
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #698071

No one has tested this, that I am aware of. Showers might work to keep the portables living a bit, but the shower only run for minute at a time and you got 10 seconds to fix the issue of fire, before scrubbers melt to goop.
What Brick asked the crew to do, was hilariously horrible. I have tested and gawked about how it's possible to save a cracked open SM to space with those two devices as you don't need power to run either.
Attachments
stable on icebox for an hour and half with pure healium. Dumped 160k moles of co2 and died to a heretic.
stable on icebox for an hour and half with pure healium. Dumped 160k moles of co2 and died to a heretic.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698073

Is this what you guys were doing during the art contest?

I love it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #698078

Vekter wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:08 pm Is this what you guys were doing during the art contest?

I love it.
Unfortunately, I drank anti-rads and walked into N2O without internals on and died 30 minutes later, during the art contest. The basic design has evolved over the past couple of days with lowering the margin of safety. It's wild that I can run a good portion of oxygen or massively pumped co2, spiking to 90% with that heart shape design.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698081

iansdoor wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:20 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:08 pm Is this what you guys were doing during the art contest?

I love it.
Unfortunately, I drank anti-rads and walked into N2O without internals on and died 30 minutes later, during the art contest. The basic design has evolved over the past couple of days with lowering the margin of safety. It's wild that I can run a good portion of oxygen or massively pumped co2, spiking to 90% with that heart shape design.
It's extremely stupid, unsafe, and breaks pretty much every engine design rule imaginable.

It's perfect.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698084

peak engineer performance, truly incredible. well done!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

Post by Likteer » #698094

iansdoor wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:51 pm but the shower only run for minute at a time
You can multitool showers to "run until dry, then turn on when ready again".
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #698098

oh my god the firebot actually served a purpose?? i thought he was just there to look cute
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #698105

Likteer wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:16 pm
iansdoor wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:51 pm but the shower only run for minute at a time
You can multitool showers to "run until dry, then turn on when ready again".
That is good to know! I just checked that I would need 2 water synthesizers to keep shower perpetual. Honestly, 80kw needed to run, might be worth the extra safety.
c4g wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:39 pm oh my god the firebot actually served a purpose?? i thought he was just there to look cute
Yes, ma'am. Firebots don't require to refill on water tanks and the spray has a good 8 tile coverage for what is needed. Two to three bots would be peak performance. We aren't here about that. We got amish space coolers and cheap plastic.
Vekter wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:28 pm
iansdoor wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:20 pm

I love it.
It's extremely stupid, unsafe, and breaks pretty much every engine design rule imaginable.

It's perfect.
The setup is "safe" with a bunch of questionmarks. I'd assume that Nanotrasen would be interested in the "unconventional" benchmarks of their famed rock.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698106

the nitrous and firebot are over-budget and will be deducted from your salary

honestly, you could probably get away with just a 6-tile radiator with like 3 mols of plasma in it with 3 of the radiator tiles being below the crystal and 3 being in space, without any sort of scrubbers. the plasmoxy does next to nothing in the presence of nitrogen as long as you keep the butter in the fridge

the supermatter has been a cruel joke since rads were nerfed and ghilker ghilkered all over the crystal and solars. make engineers engineer again god damn it

edit: historical repost
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698109

also

and listen carefully. this is important

you can run a supermatter outside of the station on icebox with no setup whatsoever

edit 2: or, as i have done in the past, just smash all the windows in the supermatter engine room and start the engine this actually works
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698111

triple post:

i like your butter
Spoiler:

iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #698114

Scriptis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:39 pm the nitrous and firebot are over-budget and will be deducted from your salary

honestly, you could probably get away with just a 6-tile radiator with like 3 mols of plasma in it with 3 of the radiator tiles being below the crystal and 3 being in space, without any sort of scrubbers. the plasmoxy does next to nothing in the presence of nitrogen as long as you keep the butter in the fridge

the supermatter has been a cruel joke since rads were nerfed and ghilker ghilkered all over the crystal and solars. make engineers engineer again god damn it

edit: historical repost
Spoiler:
N2O is for my rich oxygenated setups, but no questions about how much credits we purposely wasted on seeing the funny gas destroy the cheddar.

My Firebot is just extra option with a single purpose. I kid you not, we just said fuck it a few times now and threw in all the wastes gases from our setups into the garbage bin room. 120k moles later and that 90% CO2 desperately needs someone hovering over with a fire extinguisher like some helicopter parent. The most important tile couldn't help but smile brightly and catch on fire periodically. A single firebot frees me up to laugh, roleplay, and meme it up, while we wait for the impending doom.

Icebox cheeto with "lavaland" atmos makes me laugh, in terms of space heater cooling. The air outside, is actually a tier 3 laser upgrade. That is just outrageous of how bad air cooling is and how good space heater is.

Meaningful rads is a pipe dream and bright green plasmamen are a thing of the past.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698143

i wonder if you can run the engine on just a firebot since it technically lowers the temperature
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698144

nvm firebots use foam now otherwise that would've been hilarious
Spoiler:

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #698197

Scriptis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:14 pm nvm firebots use foam now otherwise that would've been hilarious
The firefighting foam straight up sets the temperature to 293.15K, so I think it can work.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #698225

it doesn't go over the same tile as the crystal because it's dense. you'd need the crystal to be constantly moving using a system that wouldn't slowly burn up from the micro-fires

oh my god the crystal can push itself with burning gas we might be onto something
Spoiler:

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #698229

Scriptis wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:50 pm it doesn't go over the same tile as the crystal because it's dense. you'd need the crystal to be constantly moving using a system that wouldn't slowly burn up from the micro-fires

oh my god the crystal can push itself with burning gas we might be onto something
Oh I forgot foam is stupid. I need to re-PR the foam thing again.