HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by kinnebian » #698501

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=698498#p698498
looks like the new election is starting
are you running?
im running
who else is running?
are you excited for anyone in particular
have you already decided who you want to vote for?
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Re: HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by TheLoLSwat » #698861

I think platforms mean less and less the more familiar you are with the community (or in Misdoubtfuls case it meant nothing, with the host vote secured). An underdog coming in is going to need an all around great election cycle, including the introductions and policy to get initial eyes on you before the debates. Ideally, they will also be nolifing atleast two servers and maybe even the discord to speedrun player connection to go from "lol who is this LRP/MRPmin on my server" to "oh thats mr or ms admin they are my GUY/GIRL/PERSON/MOTH and I will die for them". Unless you're Stereo and you have the charisma of LA KNIGHT yeah, its hard to come back from a bad initial candidate page since you will be written off as a non-competitor

Somebody like goofball though is goofball and can completely troll his policy and he will still have diehard voters because he is funny.
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #698863

Honestly I think its more my own biases towards particular bits of politics more than anything seeping into things here but, they certainly can tell you a lot about where a person sits with things surely.

I'm just personally interested in seeing a complete and well rounded offering, and I feverishly have a stockholders mindset of caring about seeing tangible results rather than the words and steps leading up to them.
Hugs
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #698867

Counterpoint: spessman game politics are funny and are very entertaining to watch and participate in.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698918

To be perfectly clear I liked this headmin season the best, nothing is ever possible without the full team’s consent and agreement.

THAT SAID! If you replaced Lukas with say, Rave, I think this term would have gone completely different. Different issues would’ve been raised, internal discussion would’ve gone differently, and different policies would’ve been passed. So it’s not necessarily true that one headmin can’t make a difference.

I also have never claimed LRP > MRP, and I think server tribalism is immature.

THAT SAID! Just as what server you play reflects your values and ideals about SS13 (maybe you prefer slow roleplay-focused rounds, maybe you want people to let their hair down more, maybe you want more/less conflict, etc), so does where you admin. MRP headmins simply aren’t going to “get” the values LRP players hold because they don’t play it or enjoy being there.

Using yourself @Timber as an example of an MRP admin is a bit iffy, I would consider you more of a book-admin, somehow you are able to derive both LRP and MRP values without touching either server almost at all but that is a unique quality and I would NEVER count on it in any other case.
Spoiler:
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #698921

Ngl, while I certainly can't speak on their behalf, it feels like most LRP main admins I've interacted with are still avid RP enjoyers, but prefer the more fast paced rounds of the LRP servers.

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698924

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:02 pm Ngl, while I certainly can't speak on their behalf, it feels like most LRP main admins I've interacted with are still avid RP enjoyers, but prefer the more fast paced rounds of the LRP servers.
This is very true. Kieth is very much a zoomer ong fr fr 💀 LRP Terry courtesan and even then Lukas Beedell RPing is something everyone could learn from.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698940

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm Its why I think the elections fucking suck, because there is zero point in championing a platform you can not guarantee and don't have an action plan laid out for that can for sure happen. Almost everything isn't going to go as intended, there will be plenty of improvision, and some peoples principles may very well get sidelined when the need arises, or they lose a vote on something, or whatever else. In our cases specifically this term we've had a whole lot of life going on and conflicting schedules.
I think the misunderstanding here is that platforms are no really for players, they're for the other candidates so they know your general stance on things before you meet for the first time. Not every candidate will have the benefit of having known and seen the other admin or play or be in discord together enough to get a read on their general views.

Think of it like a CIA factbook on where you stand on things important to the community.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698964

oranges wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:27 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm Its why I think the elections fucking suck, because there is zero point in championing a platform you can not guarantee and don't have an action plan laid out for that can for sure happen. Almost everything isn't going to go as intended, there will be plenty of improvision, and some peoples principles may very well get sidelined when the need arises, or they lose a vote on something, or whatever else. In our cases specifically this term we've had a whole lot of life going on and conflicting schedules.
I think the misunderstanding here is that platforms are no really for players, they're for the other candidates so they know your general stance on things before you meet for the first time. Not every candidate will have the benefit of having known and seen the other admin or play or be in discord together enough to get a read on their general views.

Think of it like a CIA factbook on where you stand on things important to the community.
This is a way of looking at it yeah. Maybe there is way to tailor platforms to both voters and potentially the people worked with.

When it came to being host voted the only things I cared about ended up being exactly that, how working with x people would be so I could prepare myself and have ideas on the different sets of expectations I could start to put together.
Hugs
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698965

The purpose platforms serve in ANY election is to just state what your goals are, that the things you list are some things you campaign for during your term.

Any politicians platform isn't a list of things that will happen as many things could prevent that.

If a headmin's campaign features trying to remove MRP, it doesn't mean it's going to happen but it shows players where their heads at and that they are very unlikely to be MRP aligned.

They're great metrics to judge reliability, rationality and general suitability.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698968

A platform is generally any structure, vehicle or mechanism on which can be installed (via various mounting mechanisms) systems for optimal stability and performance. The mounted platform and all other associated supporting equipments together form the platform system.

In more general use, a platform could be structured around a chassis, such as a chassis on a ship, or bracing on an aircraft. For example, a jet aircraft is a platform for the resultant system: the platform jet; a motorboat can serve as a platform for resulting in systems such as platforms and platform systems. Land vehicles, either wheeled, tracked or mixed, are also considered land platforms for machine platforms, platform aided chassis and some extra-platform-activity, which transform the vehicles into platform systems such as armored platforms (such as the surface), PSS and technicals (improvised from civilian platforms). In addition, artificial satellites have been proposed as potential space platforms. These satellites could carry an arsenal of chassis, such as to support other platforms with the possibility of an orbital system(see platforms from God).

The earliest platforms were flat, followed by B-cup. The ancient Greek system, a massive platform which supported homeless, could also be considered a platform. The next attempt to mount chassis on platforms was made at sea, with systems and eventually homeless supported on their final form as ships of the line before the advent of platform-clad platformships supporting systems.

On platform, the attempt to mount land on mobile platforms in the modern period was first made with railway systems. These, as forms of plat, were the last vestiges of development of the super- thinking before the advent of the bracing that changed the use of platforms in support, although the largest railway platforms were still used during the [1].
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698971

You can have a zinger platform then timber will say no mentors and you can't even do anything so it's cringe. Timber kinda gives me r*dit poster vibes for that idk. Thoughts?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #698972

yeah the more i think about it mentors kind of suck, used to be on board with it but. The shit sucks
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698980

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:15 am yeah the more i think about it mentors kind of suck, used to be on board with it but. The shit sucks
you increased in the headmin ranking brother
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698990

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:15 am yeah the more i think about it mentors kind of suck, used to be on board with it but. The shit sucks
SO TRUE
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #699002

kieth4 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:47 am You can have a zinger platform then timber will say no mentors and you can't even do anything so it's cringe. Timber kinda gives me r*dit poster vibes for that idk. Thoughts?
I have been called a "Grade-A Redditor" before, by AffectedArc.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #699422

I've often said to people they should frame their platform as a how I think, not what I will do.

However it's ultimately left up to candidates themselves to choose how to handle their thread.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699431

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:52 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:47 am You can have a zinger platform then timber will say no mentors and you can't even do anything so it's cringe. Timber kinda gives me r*dit poster vibes for that idk. Thoughts?
I have been called a "Grade-A Redditor" before, by AffectedArc.
this is bullshit, you are clearly a "Grade-C Redditor"
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #699434

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:39 pm I've often said to people they should frame their platform as a how I think, not what I will do.

However it's ultimately left up to candidates themselves to choose how to handle their thread.
Yeah absolutely, this is much more preferably.
Hugs
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #699451

all i really want to know is if timber is actually going to push for goof so i can stock up on popcorn in advance
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #699457

Named host vote needs to be unanimous and I must convince Misdoubtful on the benefit of a goofministration.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699459

have a sleep, will write platform when i wake up
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699464

nvm, first
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #699466

Timberpoes is welcome to try
Hugs
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #699470

kinnebian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:07 amnvm, first
First question for the first candidate.

How well do you handle criticism? If the criticism is purely a complaint do you still believe there is value in it and do you have a way to handle vitriol thrown at you? Do you think you could be sweet talked into making decisions you normally wouldn't?
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #699474

since i can't vote timber i'm going to dartboard my vote because policy as a whole doesn't affect me in the slightest unless you config a ban on funny hats or something

fikou is however guaranteed my vote on at least the no.2 spot in the listing because he's funny and i like funny people

simple as
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699480

PRE TIER LIST CANDIDATE FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Kinnebian ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34687 ) - Very familiar face, especially in the past few months. Jumps past stereo (who was in this exact spot last election) because he put good effort into his introduction, and has the bonus of going first. Policies are relatively(?) safe and leave a bit to be desired, as Kinneb is running for status quo headmin (even saying as much in their introduction). This can be good or bad depending on how you feel about status quo headmins, and how you feel about this terms status quo being upheld atleast from kieths end. Could be a good playervote guess depending on how many hours they have on the servers. Also maybe an adminvote sleeper pick? We need to see more but keep your eye on this one. TLDR; Pretty bread and butter status quo campaign. Familiar face and funny, hard to dislike. Optimistic about their chances

Fikou ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34689 ) - I will keep this short because Fikou kept their introduction short. I expect Fikou to either win or be a very strong contender for the adminvote or even host pick. Depending on how strong or weak the candidates are this year Fikou could also be a playervote pick this cycle too! However, Fikou will need a better election cycle to win the playervote if we see some stronger names. TLDR; Very attractive pick because its fikou. Already shaking things up because there are TWO strong picks and both seem to be status quo headmins!

Charley Quinn( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34691 ) - Charley Quinn is not interested in the adminvote. Charley Quinn said some things that made me go YEAH and some things that made me go oh ok and some things that made me go WHAT THIS IS NUTS. I enjoyed reading Fikou and Kinnebians introductions (because I enjoy reading all of them), but it was like clocking into your peaceful job and having a normal day. Reading this introduction was like going into work and being fired but then being given a bunch of money but then getting punched but then your crush likes you back but then you stub your toe bu- you get the idea. Huge props to Charleen Quinzel for taking a lot of risky stances and being the first one in the election to do so. Hopefully this outspoken-ness can continue in the question and debates, and this maybe can turn from a (really super based though) wingsuit dive into a volcano to a dark horse pickTLDR; Even though this might be a bit too divisive too early,I really appreciate Armodias being the first person to really shake things up and take stances and not treat their introduction as a formality

Cheshify ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34692 ) - Cheshifys introduction reminds me of a frilled-neck lizard in the best way. You see a bunch of colors and "Kurt sector??" and a list of cool accomplishments. Cheshify did a good job of making little substance look like a lot. Very smart policies (unknown if intentional), with two low hanging fruits that most people would enjoy along with something truly ambitious. Hopefully we can see more from them during the debates and questions, to see where they truly stand (as it isnt as clear as a few of the others we've seen). Chesh may need to do more to stand out among the others this cycle, as the competition is looking stiff TLDR; Strong introducton. Very cleverly picked policies. Adding his accomplishments also helps me believe that Cheshify can atleast see to it that the lower effort things are done throughout the term. Long road ahead but optimistic

GOOFBALL ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34693 ) - Goof will still get votes despite the troll campaign, and its always fun to see the wacky and zany antics he employs to get eyes to his (routine) triple backflip moonsault off 6 ladders of a campaign. I am begging Kieth and Timber and Hugs to do the funniest thing ever as this is the closest goof will ever get to winning hostvote TLDR; GOOF STOCKS THROUGH THE ROOF

I woke up to some very sad news: It appears that Goofball's campaign was taken out back and killed for not being a real campaign. This will shake up the election as we have lost our #1 pick for hostvote and playervote. I will keep you guys updated

General Thrax ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34695 ) - Does this introduction leave a bit to be desired? Sure. I dont have too much to go on but Thrax is a long-time admintrainer and a "not thaaaaaat mrp" mrp candidate, and it reflects in their introduction. I hope to see more during the questions and debates so a better idea can be drawn about their standing TLDR; Need to see more during the questions and debates. Potential dark horse for adminpick as a strong status quo candidate. In nearly the exact same boat as WineAllWine

WineAllWine ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34700 ) - Yet another status quo candidate! Our glorious leader and friends must be working magic behind the scenes! In all seriousness I hope atleast a few of these status-quo looking candidates can shake it up but only time will tell. I am not the biggest fan of no introductions but I know a large part of that is impatience so hopefully this Wine can age as well as the rest of them. TLDR; Another status-quo candidate. Introduction was the most formality-like one we have seen other than maybe fikous (but it's in a unique format atleast). Competition is very stiff this time around, Wine will need to stand out during the debates / questions. In nearly the exact same boat as General Thrax

Striders13 ( viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34701 ) - Pulls a Ms Doubtful and doesnt have anything more to say after winning the hostvote. Hopefully we can see them speak up during the elections so we know what they plan to do but they also dont have to because they won the host vote. Congrats! TLDR; HOST VOTE WINNER - LET THEM COOK! is stinky and smelly and lied about winning hostvote
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:12 am, edited 11 times in total.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #699481

I really dislike the notion of "anti-admin, pro-player". These sound way too populist and simple for the complicated issues of separation between admin and player.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699487

Archie700 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:51 am I really dislike the notion of "anti-admin, pro-player". These sound way too populist and simple for the complicated issues of separation between admin and player.
is it that complicated? players rule, admins drool (except our glorious leader LUKAS BEEDELL)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #699488

Archie700 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:51 am I really dislike the notion of "anti-admin, pro-player". These sound way too populist and simple for the complicated issues of separation between admin and player.
Is there anyone actually running with that campaign point right now? At most, I see Chadley, but theirs is "I am going to call you out for being an idiot whether you are an admin or a player if you're being stupid."

I AM DUMB AND SHOULD SLEEP BEFORE READING CAMPAIGN THREADS
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #699490

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:24 am
Is there anyone actually running with that campaign point right now? At most, I see Chadley, but theirs is "I am going to call you out for being an idiot whether you are an admin or a player if you're being stupid."
their first words in the campaign are literally "I can't promise perfection, but if you want an admin with an anti-admin, pro-player platform, I'm your girl."
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #699491

Fikou wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:34 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:24 am
their first words in the campaign are literally "I can't promise perfection, but if you want an admin with an anti-admin, pro-player platform, I'm your girl."
See, this is a prime example of why I shouldn't read threads when I haven't slept in 15+ hours.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699492

all excellent contenders so far. i enjoyed all of their intro posts and what they want to bring to the table. there aren't really any bad choices.

what will be interesting is seeing how the dynamic holds up between the winners. this term has been my favourite in all my time playing because while each of our headmins has a different view and approach to what they want to see become reality, they've actually been very good at co-ordinating together and keeping track of it all. what little i can reveal behind the scenes is that whatever disagreements they may have they put them aside to keep everything running smoothly and remain productive in their approach. they pick their battles intelligently. they don't seem to get caught up in petty squabbles and instead focus on the bigger picture. it's a quality which we should cherish, as it's very hard to come by. i'm way too headstrong for it. i hope the new term can continue that trend.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699496

hey goof, you good?

i'm genuinely concerned.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #699497

ive come up with funny platforms for like 20 elections, why do i gotta be funny every time?
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #699499

iamgoofball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:54 am ive come up with funny platforms for like 20 elections, why do i gotta be funny every time?
Well, it's expected of you to do a half serious half joking campaign thread, and saying "I fucking suck and I make people miserable. I deserve death for it, and I'm an asshole, I suck. If you vote for me you're voting for someone who sucks and is a dick. No campaign promises" is about as 180 and depressing as you can get without pulling a Kurt Cobain + shotgun combo.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #699502

Lmao I got a funky review of my thread, thanks lolswat.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #699504

Goof 2024 And All Future Years Too
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #699506

dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 am all excellent contenders so far. i enjoyed all of their intro posts and what they want to bring to the table. there aren't really any bad choices.

what will be interesting is seeing how the dynamic holds up between the winners. this term has been my favourite in all my time playing because while each of our headmins has a different view and approach to what they want to see become reality, they've actually been very good at co-ordinating together and keeping track of it all. what little i can reveal behind the scenes is that whatever disagreements they may have they put them aside to keep everything running smoothly and remain productive in their approach. they pick their battles intelligently. they don't seem to get caught up in petty squabbles and instead focus on the bigger picture. it's a quality which we should cherish, as it's very hard to come by. i'm way too headstrong for it. i hope the new term can continue that trend.
I will fight the other members of the triumvirate in a rage cage. Only the robust will remain.
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #699508

Chadley or Kinnebian dream.....I just wish kinneb had something about events with players.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #699511

Goof campaign over in record time
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #699512

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699531

Domitius wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:53 am

How well do you handle criticism? If the criticism is purely a complaint do you still believe there is value in it and do you have a way to handle vitriol thrown at you? Do you think you could be sweet talked into making decisions you normally wouldn't?
I think Ive proven myself to be open to feedback and willing to change.
Ive talked down an angry mannycord from blind hate to actual constructive feedback
Ive on multiple occasions reached out to get the opinions of players whos views are typically dissenting

I'm always genuinely open for feedback, and 100% willing to listen and change.
If public bans dont work out, theyre terrible and its hated by our playerbase? We can change it, we can revert it. I dont have to be constantly 100% on all of my policies. If someone else can convince me something else is better, thats the one I'll go with.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #699532

kinnebian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:23 am

Ive talked down an angry mannycord from blind hate to actual constructive feedback
Ive on multiple occasions reached out to get the opinions of players whos views are typically dissenting

If public bans dont work out, theyre terrible and its hated by our playerbase? We can change it, we can revert it. I dont have to be constantly 100% on all of my policies. If someone else can convince me something else is better, thats the one I'll go with.
Err, is "making all bans, even temp ones" even a headmin policy thing, or is that a coding thing?
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699533

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:54 am
kinnebian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:23 am

Err, is "making all bans, even temp ones" even a headmin policy thing, or is that a coding thing?
100% headmin action. I dont see it ever happening without a headmin team behind it.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699534

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:17 am Chadley or Kinnebian dream.....I just wish kinneb had something about events with players.
I most definitely wouldve included it if I had known it would be such a prominent point in the threads. I might brainstorm something and put it in my campaign later tonight.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #699537

kinnebian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:02 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:17 am Chadley or Kinnebian dream.....I just wish kinneb had something about events with players.
I most definitely wouldve included it if I had known it would be such a prominent point in the threads. I might brainstorm something and put it in my campaign later tonight.
If you want an idea you can use discord threads/feedback systems for a fast response way of letting players pitch ideas
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699565

Very strong first batch of candidates, and even more to go through now

also congrats strider
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699567

congrats strider on your incoming election subforum post approval
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #699571

hold on i didn't check the board yesterday is striders hostpick?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699578

We have our hostvote so I can make the first tier list tonight after we get a few more candidates in
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699580

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:22 pm We have our hostvote so I can make the first tier list tonight after we get a few more candidates in
i asked striders if he was the hostvote and he said no