HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by kinnebian » #698501

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=698498#p698498
looks like the new election is starting
are you running?
im running
who else is running?
are you excited for anyone in particular
have you already decided who you want to vote for?
respect (let him do his thing)
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Re: HEADMIN ELECTION 18 PEANUT:

Post by Tegun » #698504

I liked the video at the end. The theme not so much.

I'm concerned about rule 6 regarding my platform.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698505

i'm not running. i'm in a good place with my relationship with the game and the current commitment i have to it. i get to admin and play. it's good. a few years ago when i was a depressed shut-in that never went outside, i absolutely would've jumped at the chance. but i'm just too fuckin busy now. in 4 years when i'm out of grad school maybe you'll see my dipshit name on the ballot.

i never know who i'm gonna vote for. i usually wait to see each person's platform and how they respond to questions. there aren't many bad choices, though. i think most people who have a good shot are decent members of the community. people pissed their pants at kieth winning last time, and the responsibility of the role that he was handed has been managed very well by him and he has done very good things with it.

i'm gonna miss this term, though. it's been very good. probably my favourite so far in the time i've been here.

cute doggies :heart:
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698507

i'm running. i'm in a bad place with my relationship with the game and the current commitment i have to it. i get to admin and NOT play. it's shit. today when i was a depressed shut-in that never went outside, i absolutely would've jumped at the chance. and i'm not busy now. in 4 years when i'm out of elementary school maybe you won't see my dipshit name on the ballot.

i know who i'm gonna vote for, ekaterina. though, i usually wait to see each person's platform to shit on them absolutely. there are many bad choices, though. i think most people who have a good shot are the worst members of the community who win the popularity contest. people pissed their pants at kieth winning last time, and the responsibility of the role that he was handed has been managed terribly by him and he has done very bad things with it.

i'm not gonna miss this term, though. it's been terrible. probably my least favourite so far in the time i've been here.

terrible doggies
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698508

im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698509

holy fuck get me out of here
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #698510

Tegun wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 pm I liked the video at the end. The theme not so much.

I'm concerned about rule 6 regarding my platform.
you're intending to bribe people?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698511

To anyone running this time around: Good luck. It's like Defense Against the Dark Arts these days.

I'm not running this time around.

I'm not a status quo headmin. I'm running out of things that piss me off and I want to change. If there's nothing I want to change, no point running.

Better to leave the playing field open to others, maybe they have stuff they want to change that'll make us even more awesome.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #698512

Are we going to have any player candidates this time?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698515

I wanna run just to say hi to everyone during the debate and remind people to hydrate.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698516

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:13 pm Good luck. It's like Defense Against the Dark Arts these days.
Could you elaborate a bit? I'm not sure what this means
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698518

kinnebian wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:51 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:13 pm Good luck. It's like Defense Against the Dark Arts these days.
Could you elaborate a bit? I'm not sure what this means
everyone who signs up for the job dies.. horribly.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698525

you know what I find kind of wild

howcome 3/4 of the servers are LRP but there usually ends up being 2/3 MRP headmins and one (at best) LRP headmin?

the hostvote is almost always from manuel, the adminvote often ends up being from manuel too (i assume because manny admins make up a disproportionate amounts of total admins), and the playervote is all that’s left to elect an LRP admin (although often fails because of the strong manny playerbase rallying together)
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698528

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm you know what I find kind of wild

howcome 3/4 of the servers are LRP but there usually ends up being 2/3 MRP headmins and one (at best) LRP headmin?

the hostvote is almost always from manuel, the adminvote often ends up being from manuel too (i assume because manny admins make up a disproportionate amounts of total admins), and the playervote is all that’s left to elect an LRP admin (although often fails because of the strong manny playerbase rallying together)
Clearly this is because the voting booths close early on the LRP servers.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #698530

im going to vote for my friends and anyone who adds snailiens to ss13
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698531

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm (i assume because manny admins make up a disproportionate amounts of total admins)
this got me thinking, so i asked someone and got this rough count
► Show Spoiler
here it is in pie chart forum:
► Show Spoiler
the difference isnt that disparaging, although once campbellmins are ignored it becomes:
► Show Spoiler
i dont have anything insightful to add to this pie chart i just thought it was a good conversation starter

keep in mind this isnt very accurate because the roles are self assigned and not mandatory to take
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698534

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm you know what I find kind of wild

you answered your own question.
conrad

Post by conrad » #698535

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm the hostvote is almost always from manuel
This oughta be fun this time around since hugs has been missing for half the term, kieth probably wants a player host vote and timber's decision depends on the phase of the moon.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #698536

This feels like it came so quick. I enjoyed Miskiethberpoes4.

Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #698537

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:23 pm and timber's decision depends on the phase of the moon.
Highly untrue, everyone knows he has a spinner wheel with the names of all the admins and throws a dart.

conrad

Post by conrad » #698538

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:25 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:23 pm and timber's decision depends on the phase of the moon.
Highly untrue, everyone knows he has a spinner wheel with the names of all the admins and throws a dart.
I was talking about the gravitational pull of the moon regarding the movement of said wheel as to not leak headmin channels.

(no channels were leaked this is a joke and I feel that if I don't put this disclaimer some idiot is gonna think it's serious)
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698539

kinnebian wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:17 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm (i assume because manny admins make up a disproportionate amounts of total admins)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
the difference isnt that disparaging, although once campbellmins are ignored it becomes:
► Show Spoiler
i dont have anything insightful to add to this pie chart i just thought it was a good conversation starter

keep in mind this isnt very accurate because the roles are self assigned and not mandatory to take
Wouldn't it be pretty fair to lump the Campbell admins in with Manuel, since I highly doubt anyone is going to say that they primarily admin on Campbell with a straight face? Just like how most of the Bagil admins probably admin Sybil a majority of the time if I were to hazard a guess?

I could be wrong, though.

-

LItterally all LRP has to do to get a LRP headmin is to vote for them. If MRP is somehow winning every time that points to either

A. The MRP admins run better headmin campaigns.
B. There are so many LRP admin candidates running that they split the vote among each other and unintentionally cause the MRP candidates to win since there are fewer of them running.
C. LRP players aren't voting for whatever reason.
D. LRP players are voting for MRP admin headmin candidates.
E. It's totally rigged, and it's a grand conspiracy to force LRP to become like MRP and have forced felinid ERP in the dorms and have Livrah be forced to make their content on Manuel.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #698542

campbellmin is a meme
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #698543

This is why he made a separate graph excluding them

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #698545

I'll give goof his best shot yet. Let's give the host vote to the players and give them 2 choices this election.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698546

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:32 pm This is why he made a separate graph excluding them
I meant that, if I were to hazard a guess, most of the listed Campbell admins are actually just Manuel admins trying to be funny. Therefore the Manuel admin count would probably be closer to 39. I seriously doubt there are SIXTEEN admins who primarily admin Campbell.

Unless I'm very stupid and those roles permit having multiple admin roles, so an admin could have both the Manuel and Sybil admin tags for instance.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698547

using the discor roles for analysis is surface deep, you actually need to look at what admins connect where.

I suspect hte statistics are rahter more unhealthy when reviewd that way.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698548

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:35 pm
Sightld2 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:32 pm This is why he made a separate graph excluding them
I meant that, if I were to hazard a guess, most of the listed Campbell admins are actually just Manuel admins trying to be funny. Therefore the Manuel admin count would probably be closer to 39. I seriously doubt there are SIXTEEN admins who primarily admin Campbell.

Unless I'm very stupid and those roles permit having multiple admin roles, so an admin could have both the Manuel and Sybil admin tags for instance.
you can have multiple of the roles
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #698549

CAMPBELL SWEEP 2023
WE'RE GONNA GET THREE CAMPBELLMINS THIS YEAR AND THEN THEY'LL UPDATE THE CONFIG SO THAT EVERY SERVER REDIRECTS YOU TO CAMPBELL
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #698551

hope the elections are interesting. Two player votes will definitely make them interesting.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698552

kawoppi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:39 pm CAMPBELL SWEEP 2023
WE'RE GONNA GET THREE CAMPBELLMINS THIS YEAR AND THEN THEY'LL UPDATE THE CONFIG SO THAT EVERY SERVER REDIRECTS YOU TO CAMPBELL
3 msos in a trenchcoat
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698555

kawoppi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:39 pm CAMPBELL SWEEP 2023
They'll do what MSO couldn't and get everyone to play on Campbell. LRP, MRP, Sybil, Basil, Terry, Manuel, it matters not. All will be under the glorious banner of Campbell.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #698558

OH YES BABY GOOFBALL IS COMING BACK HMMM AAAH YES TIME TO RUSH THE FORUMS WITH MY ARMY OF BOTS AND VOTE GOOF "GOOFBALLGOOFBALLGOOFBALLGOOFBALL" I SPOUT TO THE OOC ALL THE WHILE SPAMMING TIMBERPOES IN OOC SO I CAN GET MY GOOFBALL SOONER. TIMBERBOES BLOCKS ME AS I THROW SLURS AT HIM IN DMS. HMMM YES MY GOOFBALL MY BELOVED GOOFBALL YES PLEASE! takes GOOFBALLsniffs GOOFBAALL deeply tears fall from my eyes "finnaly i have you by my side. Never again shall i have to see MSO" I RUB THE VOTE TIGHTLY AGAINST THE GOOFBALL AS IT FINALLY WINS IN. I LOG ONTO THE FORUMS KNOWING THAT I WILL LOSE AND MELBERT WILL WIN BUT IT WAS WORTH I
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698560

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:28 pm
kinnebian wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:17 pm
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

LItterally all LRP has to do to get a LRP headmin is to vote for them. If MRP is somehow winning every time that points to either

A. The MRP admins run better headmin campaigns.
B. There are so many LRP admin candidates running that they split the vote among each other and unintentionally cause the MRP candidates to win since there are fewer of them running.
C. LRP players aren't voting for whatever reason.
D. LRP players are voting for MRP admin headmin candidates.
E. It's totally rigged, and it's a grand conspiracy to force LRP to become like MRP and have forced felinid ERP in the dorms and have Livrah be forced to make their content on Manuel.
It’s C. Manuel is a very close-knit server and a much greater proportion of their playerbase is active in the Manuel discord, compared to a much smaller amount of LRP players that are active on the TG discord. Activity in community circles is what exposes people to candidates and makes them vote.

Looking at Kinneb’s graph - when you get rid of Campbell (that is a meme role), and assume this is representative (eh), it’s around 62% manuel admins and 38% LRP admins that comprise the adminteam — which is a STAGGERING disparity, because there are over TWICE as many LRP players as there are MRP players.

Obviously Manny players are easier to recruit admins from which explains the disparity. But that’s a massive issue because now you get the adminvote being heavily tilted towards MRP candidates, who in turn decide the hostvote, etc.

Honestly I think we’d be better off with a system that just chose an MRP headmin, to run MRP policy and Manuel appeals, and then two LRP headmins that handled everything else. It just makes more sense especially since 95% of candidates are either like “LRP: idk looks good” or “MRP: idk looks good” because like everyone they’re either one or the other.

With 2/3+ headmins always being MRP it’s inevitable for TG to eventually transition, through its policies and culture, into a primarily MRP-style server, we’ve already seen a slow progression through things like rule 12 and the first ever exceptions to antag freedoms last term. I don’t like the fact the entire playerbase needs to rally and campaign hard to get a single LRP representative in when that’s over 66% of our playerbase.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698561

Only reason I would run would be to possibly skunk a Goof win via meme votes.

I already have too much shit going on IRL and I fear a headmin term would just burn me out. I'm fine being the power behind the throne.

I want to see who's running before endorsing anyone but assuming Rave is running I'll probably just divert anyone who wants me as headmin to them.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #698562

Goof 2024!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698564

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:40 am Goof 2024!
I've got three major concerns about Goof winning a term:

1) His anger issues.
2) His tendency to make snap decisions based on emotions (ie "goof PRs" where he dies to something in a slightly unfair way and makes a PR to remove it shortly after).
3) His tendency to start and then drop projects after a short period. I'm a little worried he'll get in, last a few months, then leave when he gets bored.

To be clear, none of this is an insult - I don't think Goof is a bad person or has any poor intentions for the server, but I don't think he'd be a healthy choice for headmin.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698573

Fikou wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:48 pm i'm running. i'm in a bad place with my relationship with the game and the current commitment i have to it. i get to admin and NOT play. it's shit. today when i was a depressed shut-in that never went outside, i absolutely would've jumped at the chance. and i'm not busy now. in 4 years when i'm out of elementary school maybe you won't see my dipshit name on the ballot.

i know who i'm gonna vote for, ekaterina. though, i usually wait to see each person's platform to shit on them absolutely. there are many bad choices, though. i think most people who have a good shot are the worst members of the community who win the popularity contest. people pissed their pants at kieth winning last time, and the responsibility of the role that he was handed has been managed terribly by him and he has done very bad things with it.

i'm not gonna miss this term, though. it's been terrible. probably my least favourite so far in the time i've been here.

terrible doggies
fikou
NSFW:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698576

I voted for timber just for the goof host vote, so i better hear that keeth or doubt blocked it or i am going to start a thread titled "I regret voting for timberpros" or something like that.

Also the thread theme is good for once. Congratz.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #698581

I'm voting for:
► Show Spoiler
Hugs
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #698588

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:23 pm timber's decision depends on the phase of the moon.
Everyone knows timber's decision is goofball regardless of the phase of the moon
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698591

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:32 am words
MRP candidates do have certain advantages, but its not manuel's responsibility to have a less tight-knit server or hire less decent admins.

LRP likes being chaotic and conflicting, but that also means that its incredibly hard to represent LRP, or for LRP candidates to have a platform with enough players to agree with it. I also think there's probably a less loyal body of dedicated LRP players that are community driven.

I don't think the solution is to cap the number of MRP representatives to ensure LRP always has a majority, its mainly up to LRP candidates to actually earn that majority from their own community.

its definitely not fair to stop LRP admins and players from picking MRP candidates if they genuinely prefer them too.
Last edited by Lacran on Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698592

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:32 am
► Show Spoiler
sinful if you looked at the seperate graph i made and posted that excluded campbellmins it is not 62%
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698594

Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:18 am
MRP candidates do have certain advantages, but its not manuel's responsibility to have a less tight-knit server or hire less decent admins.
It's the community's responsibility to make sure the headmins adequately represent the community, admins and players alike. If 66% of the community prefer an LRP experience, but headmins always end up majority MRP, then TG is being forcibly shaped away from what the majority want, by a minority of players. That's not a good thing I think
kinnebian wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:19 am sinful if you looked at the seperate graph i made and posted that excluded campbellmins it is not 62%
(Bagilmin+Sybilmin+Terrymin)/(All admins [with roles]) = 37/60 = 61.666% ≈ 62% LRP admins
(campbell excluded)

E: oh it was flipped. there's still a discrepancy though
Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698595

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 am
E: oh it was flipped. there's still a discrepancy though
:lol:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #698596

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 am Words
Be the change you want to see, you should run
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698597

smh the roleplayers are ruining the game once again

let's make the process less democratic to stop them
NSFW:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698599

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 am
Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:18 am
It's the community's responsibility to make sure the headmins adequately represent the community, admins and players alike. If 66% of the community prefer an LRP experience, but headmins always end up majority MRP, then TG is being forcibly shaped away from what the majority want, by a minority of players. That's not a good thing I think
But you are ignoring the fact that the candidates chosen are being chosen based on their merits. The host or headmins can be majority LRP aligned and still pick a MRP candidate, the majority of the admins are LRP, and an MRP candidate was chosen.

The majority belonging to LRP does not mean they MUST vote for LRP candidates if they genuinely prefer an MRP candidate.

I can understand you not wanting LRP values and culture to be erased, but its very clear that many people disagree with you on what that is. Your platform is not "pro LRP" its pro your version of LRP, which many LRP players and admins wont agree with you on, if they did you should run for player's choice because getting it would be very easy.

The headmins represent the community based on what the community has said they want, not on what the demographics of the community are.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698600

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am smh the roleplayers are ruining the game once again

the process is not democratic and that is the problem sinfulbliss has with it.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698602

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:34 am
dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:32 am smh the roleplayers are ruining the game once again

the process is not democratic and that is the problem sinfulbliss has with it.
His proposed changes is to just restrict the choices, which is less democratic than what we currently have.

His criticsm is that the votes don't match the demographics so we need to cap them, which is dumb because a democratic system is about representing what people want, not representing what people are. If 80% of a country is obese that doesn't mean 80% of the government needs to be obese.
Last edited by Lacran on Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.