Soul crushingly unhappy man mad when told to lighten up

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Soul crushingly unhappy man mad when told to lighten up

Post by oranges » #698523

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34650

admin complaint because someone was kind enough to tell you to stop being a miserable sad sack of shit all the time in a nice way.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Soul crushingly unhappy man mad when told to lighten up

Post by Kendrickorium » #698524

oranges wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:03 pm viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34650

admin complaint because someone was kind enough to tell you to stop being a miserable sad sack of shit all the time in a nice way.
9/10 title, I took off a point because youre a terrible person
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698526

i understand what kendrick was saying:
we dont need forum admins to moderate threads and keep everyone playing nice
we are big enough we can tell others to fuck off (as many did to kendrick in the thread)

however:
i dont think this has any grounds for an admin complaint
kendrick wasnt even punished for anything

therefore, suggestion for kendrick:
why dont you use our gained freedom and tell misdoubtful to fuck off without immediately escalating to the highest tier available
Last edited by kinnebian on Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698540

No conduct was broken.
No rules on the forum were broken.

Y'all need to chill lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #698541

if a group of ferrets band together to try and drop an anvil on you then we'll all know who did it
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #698563

We have way too many toxic peanut threads in these forums compared to fun threads. We don't need anyone shitting that thread up.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698574

kendrick... the warning wasn't even on your post... you weren't even named...
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698578

Kendrick you are being a little baby, a little baby boy
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698579

Not a fan of Misdoubtful using their forum admin powers to police tone to this degree. Was it a warning? No. Was anything being enforced? No. Was it still using admin powers to put a very obvious undertone of threat behind the "reminder" to stay cordial? Yes. That's lame.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698580

Also:
Misdoubtful wrote:You are making the assumption this was directed at you specifically, it was not
It's like someone talking in class and then the teacher says "I would like to remind everyone not to talk in class." Like obviously it's directed at the dude who was talking, come on now.

Basically the commonsense translation Kendrickorium read was "keep being negative and you're gonna get got my dude *cracks fingers*" "oh no it wasn't directed at you just a general statement lul"
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698583

maybe don't be sad sack of shit and people wont want to kick you out of the forum?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698585

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:10 am maybe don't be sad sack of shit and people wont want to kick you out of the forum?
they weren't even being really sad or anything, just expressing an opinion that was perhaps uncomfortable. how soft can you be?
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698586

you would say that being that you're also a sad little man
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #698587

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:54 am Not a fan of Misdoubtful using their forum admin powers to police tone to this degree. Was it a warning? No. Was anything being enforced? No. Was it still using admin powers to put a very obvious undertone of threat behind the "reminder" to stay cordial? Yes. That's lame.
Asking people not to be a dick is quite literally the definition of moderation. Don't be such a donut.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698589

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:13 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:54 am Not a fan of Misdoubtful using their forum admin powers to police tone to this degree. Was it a warning? No. Was anything being enforced? No. Was it still using admin powers to put a very obvious undertone of threat behind the "reminder" to stay cordial? Yes. That's lame.
Asking people not to be a dick is quite literally the definition of moderation. Don't be such a donut.
suppose being called a donut was uncomfortable for me, therefore you're a dick. should you be warned for that?
where do we draw the line and who decides it?
the headmins do, but preferably not at something as silly as saying people's pictures are boring, yeah?
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #698590

Fine, I admit, you're more a plank than a donut.
conrad

Post by conrad » #698598

Actual golem with the Hebrew words for "hate on admins" stuffed in his mouth.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698613

conrad wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:33 am
I don't think you're capable of higher level thought processes. You seem to be derived from a sort of fungus that sustained itself by sticking to some greater life form and suckling in a symbiotic relationship.
Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #698614

I never thought I'd see the day where someone would actually try to insult me for having a life.
Hugs
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698619

Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:02 am I never thought I'd see the day where someone would actually try to insult me for having a life.
lol sorry about that, it is indeed okay to have a life outside of ss13
conrad

Post by conrad » #698624

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:02 am
I don't think you're capable of higher level thought processes. You seem to be derived from a sort of fungus that sustained itself by sticking to some greater life form and suckling in a symbiotic relationship.
quivers hyphae angrily
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698630

Misdoubtful wrote:Sure maybe I could have instead waited for the thread to already be derailed, and then warn people or announce things, would that have been preferred here? :?:

Would being incredibly vague and pulling the rope tight to trip people have been better? :?:

Would getting a warning out of the blue if things actually became an issue have worked best? :?:
Solution: do nothing. simply allow Kendrickorium's dissatisfied post to exist. the thread will continue on as usual, at most an argument would be started
you can't claim you don't want to coddle people and then stifle even a remote WHIFF of negativity to protect da whiddle eawdwums from any unpleasant wrongspeak
Spoiler:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698632

not wanting a thread to get derailed by contrarian shitposting causing a 3 page argument is not punishing wrongspeak. it's the most basic form of forum etiquette that has been the standard since forums have existed. if someone wants to soapbox about the perils of posting pictures of the video game we're all playing here then start another thread called "i hate picture threads they're dumb and stupid" and post to your heart's content.
NSFW:
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #698635

oranges wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:10 am maybe don't be sad sack of shit and people wont want to kick you out of the forum?
I mean you seem to do it just fine.
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #698643

3/3 for sad sacks reporting in
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #698669

you have made a gravel mistake
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698706

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:06 am not wanting a thread to get derailed by contrarian shitposting causing a 3 page argument is not punishing wrongspeak. it's the most basic form of forum etiquette that has been the standard since forums have existed. if someone wants to soapbox about the perils of posting pictures of the video game we're all playing here then start another thread called "i hate picture threads they're dumb and stupid" and post to your heart's content.
me posting that I don't understand how pics with little to no context are amusing and then comparing that to watching a video of fireworks someone recorded is not "contrarian shitposting", friend
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698707

no one asked me to not be a dick. they posted a nice forum box saying people saying shit they dont like are cruisin for a bruisin.

passive aggressive karen move
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698708

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:57 am Also:
Misdoubtful wrote:You are making the assumption this was directed at you specifically, it was not
It's like someone talking in class and then the teacher says "I would like to remind everyone not to talk in class." Like obviously it's directed at the dude who was talking, come on now.

Basically the commonsense translation Kendrickorium read was "keep being negative and you're gonna get got my dude *cracks fingers*" "oh no it wasn't directed at you just a general statement lul"
this sums everything up nicely
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698709

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #698712

I'm excited to see this as a headmin run. Or, ideally, a headmin term
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698713

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698716

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:51 pm
no one asked me to not be a dick. they posted a nice forum box saying people saying shit they dont like are cruisin for a bruisin.

I'm not passive aggressive, I'm openly and actively outspoken (but you'd like to call it 'aggressive') and I always have been.

Just like I'll be very outspoken in telling you this:

Do you really have a leg to stand on calling me a Karen after choosing to jump to the extreme of making such a pissbaby self-victimized complaint that attacks my character and then slink away with a 'a-actually I didn't care at all h-haha'? You very clearly cared enough to make the complaint. Get a grip.

Now you actually are the victim of something: me not tolerating your toxic garbage. Congratulations!
Hugs
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #698717

Misdoubtful kinda going sicko mode. Need to put them back in their cage
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #698719

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:53 pm Image
You're going to have to start acting up and get banned in order to win us this one.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698720

kieth4 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:55 pm Misdoubtful kinda going sicko mode. Need to put them back in their cage
You guys have had me locked up in there for months, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK
Hugs
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #698722

Shit admin complaint, 0/10
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698730

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:51 pm passive aggressive karen move
this basically. it wasn’t complaint worthy cause they didn’t technically warn you but it was definitely cringe and something you can point and laugh at

you don’t need to be the great matriarchal protector of feefees, we’re all big boys I think, if someone doesn’t like a picture I posted i’m not gonna shrivel up and cry at the harsh toxicity
Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698731

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:51 pm
this basically. it wasn’t complaint worthy cause they didn’t technically warn you but it was definitely cringe and something you can point and laugh at

you don’t need to be the great matriarchal protector of feefees, we’re all big boys I think, if someone doesn’t like a picture I posted i’m not gonna shrivel up and cry at the harsh toxicity
Do you actually know what a Karen is? It doesn't seem like it.
Hugs
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698732

thats what i said aat the START
respect (let him do his thing)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698733

i’m not gonna shrivel up and cry at the harsh toxicity
but yall ARE going to start an admin complaint and towerpost about how mad it made you when you're gently reminded to stay on topic in a thread

got it
NSFW:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #698734

The best part is when people forget that the global forum rules still apply to the players club, even if the players club has to go into greater detail on some of them to keep it from becoming a complete dumpster fire.

Trends that kill a high effort thread with low effort posts that provide nothing of value to the thread and its topic are very much against the rules, and nothing about this or the rules about this sort of thing have anything to do with peoples feelings.

Spam is spam, and derailing threads is derailing threads. Neither are okay, and they aren't about to suddenly become okay either.
Hugs
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #698736

Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:26 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:51 pm

I'm not passive aggressive, I'm openly and actively outspoken (but you'd like to call it 'aggressive') and I always have been.

Just like I'll be very outspoken in telling you this:

Do you really have a leg to stand on calling me a Karen after choosing to jump to the extreme of making such a pissbaby self-victimized complaint that attacks my character and then slink away with a 'a-actually I didn't care at all h-haha'? You very clearly cared enough to make the complaint. Get a grip.

Now you actually are the victim of something: me not tolerating your toxic garbage. Congratulations!
GET HIS ASS
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #698751

Imagine being stuck in a 2008 /b/ mindset
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #698772

i mean, the mod message is VERY clearly in response to kendrick. the distinction of “oh, sure, you’re the reason I made the message, but i technically never sent it directly towards you :) “ is worthless. like c’mon.

with that said: kendrick you little grinch. you fuckin little goblin. what were you thinking. quit living under the bridge and asking passerbys for the toll. don’t actually care that much i just wanted to call kendrick a little goblin bridge troll
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #698785

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:21 pm Image
lol
conrad

Post by conrad » #698793

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:21 pm Image
Kinda looks like kendrick is about to punch the viewer.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698801

Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:31 pm The best part is when people forget that the global forum rules still apply to the players club, even if the players club has to go into greater detail on some of them to keep it from becoming a complete dumpster fire.

Trends that kill a high effort thread with low effort posts that provide nothing of value to the thread and its topic are very much against the rules, and nothing about this or the rules about this sort of thing have anything to do with peoples feelings.

Spam is spam, and derailing threads is derailing threads. Neither are okay, and they aren't about to suddenly become okay either.
Who are you trying to protect exactly, and who asked for you to

Free flowing discussion should be allowed. You only need to butt-in for “bruisin cruisins” when it’s shit stirring for the sake of shit stirring, not someone just expressing their honest (albeit unpopular) opinion
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698802

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:19 pm
but yall ARE going to start an admin complaint and towerpost about how mad it made you when you're gently reminded to stay on topic in a thread

got it
Except it was on topic, it was a thread about ingame pics and Kendrick posted about ingame pic posting!

Unless you want to claim talking about the thread itself in the thread is off-topic, but that’s kinda retarded
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698806

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:20 am
dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:19 pm

got it
Except it was on topic, it was a thread about ingame pics and Kendrick posted about ingame pic posting!

Unless you want to claim talking about the thread itself in the thread is off-topic, but that’s kinda retarded
Nice evade of the towerposting by focusing on the on topic bit.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.