sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by oranges » #699226

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=699225#p699225

if anyone has a better way to finish this thread with an s word i'd be keen
Last edited by oranges on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by iwishforducks » #699300

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:34 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:01 pm the difference, as I see it, is that dreary and oranges were throwing around playground insults. completely irrelevant to the conversation as a whole. served no other purpose than to enflame. at least sinful's messages was somewhat relevant, i.e. "you can't call me immature when you have been administratively punished for sexual harassment"
i'm not going to defend my cheap mockery - if you didn't like it, then you didn't like it. that's fair. but it was about 10% of my actual post. there was a point behind it that was bigger than the fact that i was snidely insinuating that he was being foolishly arrogant around his refusal to ever concede to any requests for decency. his posts had no such point. it was just an insult standing out on its lonesome. the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.
the vibe i got from your post is very "talk-down"-ish. hard to put my finger on it exactly. probably just conrad coming in to one-up you? regardless the post alone just comes off as very snide. the first paragraph adds nothing to the conversation, because the second paragraph of your post says more than it does in less. from my point of view, "it's exhausting to have to explain things that should be simple." at the end of your post also comes off as very snide. i mean your post before that was completely fine. sinful's post to that was also completely fine. there's a very big tonal shift in your post
the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.
thank goodness, i wouldn't want you to hurt yourself thinking about it too hard.
? i do not understand. this is very twofaced. why say you're not interested in responding with more insults when you respond with something that's just enflaming?
dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:34 pm i was also under the impression that he was being sarcastic in the first place, since his entire point was that we shouldn't be policing each other's tone. ultimately i agreed with him, except that the claws should be kept to the scratching post debate threads, and not our cute little picture sharing threads. he disagreed and said that we should be able to say what we want anywhere because it's good for discussion. so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment.
this is entirely besides the point, and ironically enough this is getting off-topic in itself, but i still think it's worthy enough to discuss: i think you misunderstood the point sinful and kendrick were making (i kind of didn't realize this until later, honestly.) first and foremost, kendrick's message on the thread itself was about no-context pictures. that posting story laced images with no context is lame. they were not saying that all of the images were lame or that the thread itself was lame. kendrick's post is still quite a cynical post regardless.

sinful's point about policing each other's tone is more about systematically enforcing tone versus personally choosing to say "i think you are being mean and non-conductive to conversations" - he doesn't want a world where you can just say whatever you want in every thread. he cares about keeping threads on topic... usually, at least. but he also doesn't care to engage messages that are directed towards him if they're just going to be enflaming.

the whole "so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment." also comes off as very twofaced to me. you seem to be content in posting things that are enflaming. i do not understand you, dendy.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by Archie700 » #699306

You guys saying sinful is treated like a punching back when sinful deliberately says stupid shit for provoking "conversation".
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:15 am I post pretty much everything uhhh.
Also as long as you're being ironic you can't hurt public opinion of yourself that's the beauty of being ironic!!
Unless your irony is transparent and someone can see it reflects something really fucked up that you'd rather hide.
I dunno that's the cool thing about the internet, you can say really wild shit you would never be able to say IRL and as a result it can make for some pretty hilarious moments or very interesting conversations that you'd never be able to discuss IRL.

I have said some pretty fucked up stuff online but because it's online I don't care and it's usually just to be funny or cause some sort of drama (everyone loves good drama).
As long as your intention is pure and it isn't like, warped, you're fine...
You guys saying sinful bringing up oranges for being a sex pest was ok because it was true when sinful has been known for saying this (WARNING: NSFW

viewtopic.php?p=606700#p606700

viewtopic.php?p=614700#p614700

You guys saying sinful is being bullied when he outright admits that he loves conflict

viewtopic.php?p=654920#p654920

All of you outright know what sinful is and know very well that he actively says stupid shit like comparing kinne to a nazi because "it was funny" and then acting like "why is kinne so offended" when kinne first reacted with confusion and tried to play it cool, then reported it because they were genuinely disturbed by it.

No.
Last edited by Archie700 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #699307

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from success

Post by Kendrickorium » #699308

oranges wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:19 pm
Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:39 pm I've seen at least 2 other people use that mock to stave off the fruit's attention before and I don't think either of them got warnings or bans for it. I'd prefer it be consistent if anything.
actually they all got forum warnings

also I think sinfulbliss forgot the golden rule, which is that if you're going to be annoying at least be useful too.
anyone that causes a narcissist to go on the attack is an S+ in my book
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #699309

I know you all hate oranges and want him removed and to be honest even among admins he's tolerated at best but sinful directly calling oranges a sexpest is not the martyr moment you think it is
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699310

i havent even read through my peanut thread but after this i'm starting to understand why some players lol at us (forum users)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699311

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:12 am i havent even read through my peanut thread but after this i'm starting to understand why some players lol at us (forum users)
there has to be something broken inside of you to make you post here
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from success

Post by c4g » #699312

free my man

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:43 pm also, i'm not a man.
yeah i told sinful about that and he went back and fixed the pronouns. i think he missed one though
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699313

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am the vibe i got from your post is very "talk-down"-ish. hard to put my finger on it exactly. probably just conrad coming in to one-up you? regardless the post alone just comes off as very snide. the first paragraph adds nothing to the conversation, because the second paragraph of your post says more than it does in less. from my point of view, "it's exhausting to have to explain things that should be simple." at the end of your post also comes off as very snide. i mean your post before that was completely fine. sinful's post to that was also completely fine. there's a very big tonal shift in your post
the only response to that would be more insults, which i am not interested in. the jabs are nothing more than a nice little dessert. if it's all you eat then you'll just make yourself sick.
thank goodness, i wouldn't want you to hurt yourself thinking about it too hard.
? i do not understand. this is very twofaced. why say you're not interested in responding with more insults when you respond with something that's just enflaming?
sinful said he wasn't going to engage in a silly way, so i did the same. both of those posts are so incredibly tame that i personally wouldn't count either of them as insulting. it was a sign-off. a dumb little "until next time, sinful!"

i didn't take it personally, and i didn't expect him to take mine personally either.
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am
dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:34 pm i was also under the impression that he was being sarcastic in the first place, since his entire point was that we shouldn't be policing each other's tone. ultimately i agreed with him, except that the claws should be kept to the scratching post debate threads, and not our cute little picture sharing threads. he disagreed and said that we should be able to say what we want anywhere because it's good for discussion. so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment.
this is entirely besides the point, and ironically enough this is getting off-topic in itself, but i still think it's worthy enough to discuss: i think you misunderstood the point sinful and kendrick were making (i kind of didn't realize this until later, honestly.) first and foremost, kendrick's message on the thread itself was about no-context pictures. that posting story laced images with no context is lame. they were not saying that all of the images were lame or that the thread itself was lame. kendrick's post is still quite a cynical post regardless.
that's an entirely fair analysis and one that i can ultimately agree with after considering it.
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am sinful's point about policing each other's tone is more about systematically enforcing tone versus personally choosing to say "i think you are being mean and non-conductive to conversations" - he doesn't want a world where you can just say whatever you want in every thread. he cares about keeping threads on topic... usually, at least. but he also doesn't care to engage messages that are directed towards him if they're just going to be enflaming.
this is where i disagree. he just seems to post whatever is on his mind and aligns with however he is feeling that day. there is nothing wrong with that, but i personally see no evidence to point to anything deeper going on. sometimes he disagrees cordially, sometimes he disagrees obstinately. sometimes he posts something funny and witty, sometimes he compares people to concentration camp officers.

i personally think it's fine to drop little quips and jabs into a debate which forms part of a larger argument. it makes it bearable to write and sometimes it makes it bearable for others to read. i actually wholeheartedly agree with the idea that in debate threads people should be able to state their case however they feel comfortable, as long as there is a case to state behind the tomfoolery. obviously it runs the risk of detracting from what you wanted to say in the first place: people can take it seriously and then the discussion becomes about the banter and nothing else. this is something i'm experiencing right now in this very thread.
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am the whole "so i said exactly what i wanted. it was not good for discussion. an interesting experiment." also comes off as very twofaced to me. you seem to be content in posting things that are enflaming. i do not understand you, dendy.
in debates i like to balance being analytical with being a cheeky little shit. i don't mean it personally and i don't take it personally when others do it back. it's all in good fun. i refuse to be a doormat to rhetoric which i disagree with and i would not expect others to do the same. quips and banter are a single rhetorical device among many. but i feel that it's important to remember that longform forum posting is only one facet of my (or anyone else's) interactions with this community. i've said as much before, but i don't use people's posting habits to form deeper implications about their character. only about their posting habits. i feel no ill will toward sinful, except that i sometimes don't like his forum posts. same with other people that i regularly disagree with. i'm sure outside of the player's club cage matches that we often find ourselves in we'd actually get along fine, and i'm open to that. i didn't want him banned, i didn't take it to bus or whatever to complain about it, i just stopped posting when the slapfight became more important than the debate.

some people do take it personally, and some people use it to derive deeper implications about my character in turn. i can't stop that, and it is a shame. i don't hate anyone because of how they post on a forum. if someone doesn't like how i post, then i can accept that. perhaps sinful was being sincere when he said i should be more cordial. i read it as sarcastic. if it was not, then that one's on me.

this is probably the last i'm going to feel comfortable saying on the matter, since it feels a little overblown in the first place. i did not expect sinful to get banned from this little meaningless discussion about picture thread rhetoric. it was just par for the course, the same as always. sinful takes some jabs, i take some jabs, and ultimately we both hear what each other has to say, the same as we always do. if the general consensus is that i was being too mean or that what i said went too far, then i don't feel right rejecting that outright. i've heard you, and i can try to be a little less of a goblin in future. it's no big deal.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #699314

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am the vibe i-...-is very "talk-down"-ish.
Not that I have a stake in this argument either way. But grammatically speaking, I think the word you are looking for may be "Patronizing" or "Condescending" maybe.

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #699315

He'll I don't even find dendy's posts any different from sinful.
The only reason why you guy excuse sinful's "attempts" to cause conflict is because he's sinful
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #699316

Sinful will be alright, I think. I’m pretty sure there’s better things in life than compulsively playing the devil’s advocate for a niche video game. Like dming me good jimmi hendrix songs (please I dont have it in me to explore the whole discog)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699317

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:28 am Sinful will be alright, I think. I’m pretty sure there’s better things in life than compulsively playing the devil’s advocate for a niche video game. Like dming me good jimmi hendrix songs (please I dont have it in me to explore the whole discog)
honestly, yeah, he'll be just fine

but us?

now ekat will the be the only devils advocate in here..
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699318

oranges worked sinful into a shoot in the year of our lord (2023)

Sinful couldve picked a much cooler hill to die on though, unfortunately.

We need more players in the players club
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699319

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:34 am
wesoda25 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:28 am Sinful will be alright, I think. I’m pretty sure there’s better things in life than compulsively playing the devil’s advocate for a niche video game. Like dming me good jimmi hendrix songs (please I dont have it in me to explore the whole discog)

but us?

its your time....
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699320

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:36 am oranges worked sinful into a shoot in the year of our lord (2023)
it wasn't purposeful it was just banter, i didnt know he would tilt so hard
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #699321

but us?

There's always b00t
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #699322

c4g wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:14 am free my man

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:43 pm also, i'm not a man.
yeah i told sinful about that and he went back and fixed the pronouns. i think he missed one though
that is very kind and thoughtful of you both, thank you.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699323

actually speaking of, where is ekaterina? surely they would have posted in this thread by now....
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699324

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 am actually speaking of, where is ekaterina? surely they would have posted in this thread by now....
he's sleeping it's early morning in europistan
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #699326

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:34 am now ekat will the be the only devils advocate in here..
The king is dead, and there shall be a queen. But surely YOU would be more up to the job...

carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #699327

Did you guys make sure to ban his observation accounts from the forums too?
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #699330

but us?

where is the free content
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #699331

I've also insulted oranges for the same thing without any warning, I've also probably been more hostile towards sinful and others in a fair few conversations.

Only difference I could see is that sinful 10% of the time can have a pretty okay take. 50% is contrarian paranoid nonsense and 40% is deliberately hostile contrarian paranoid nonsense.

This is very clearly a quality control ban, it's not that sinful did something super bad by insulting oranges for their pretty terrible conduct. It's just that sinful was already on wafer thin ice after the last warning (which could've easily been a ban as well)

I think sinful cares a lot, but it's impossible to actually convince them to put their best foot forward. A perma sinful takes time to process and come back after making genuine change could be the best outcome.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #699345

I'm iffy on the particular post which got sinful banned (Since I don't feel like sinful started the hostility), but honestly, I think he had it coming eventually with all the warnings he's been racking up... It's very sad though, I feel like he was iconic here.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699347

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:39 am

but us?

There's always b00t
boot isnt a devils advocate hes just a racist 14yo
respect (let him do his thing)
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #699348

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPMgxIa5gfU

Scion of sordid acts and slayer of squalid serfs...
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #699363

This ban is entirely justified on its own merits and attempts to justify it using that previous clusterfuck of a ban only makes its own case weaker.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #699369

Capsandi wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:30 pm This ban is entirely justified on its own merits and attempts to justify it using that previous clusterfuck of a ban only makes its own case weaker.
I think this is the consensus? Bringing up the previous ban is for timber to go

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #699372

saprasam wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:00 am
Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:38 pm The only reason why you guys were saying that the ban was bad was because he was banned for insulting oranges.
if you were a baseballer you would've gone the opposite direction of the first base
At least my team weren't clubbing their own heads trying to hit the ball.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #699375

sinful's point about policing each other's tone is more about systematically enforcing tone versus personally choosing to say "i think you are being mean and non-conductive to conversations" - he doesn't want a world where you can just say whatever you want in every thread. he cares about keeping threads on topic... usually, at least. but he also doesn't care to engage messages that are directed towards him if they're just going to be enflaming.
You know the point would be very interesting to debate if it weren't coming from sinfulbliss.

Read the appeal about him comparing kinne to a nazi again and tell me with a straight face that you truly believe he cares about keeping threads on topic. Or tone. Or anything but conflict for its own sake.

People dogpile on him because he actively prefers conflict and starts it, and he even admires conflict in itself. People refuse to engage with him seriously because it is very hard to do it when your opponent's FIRST FUCKING POST is to throw insults at others.

Everything he does paints him not as a champion of players, freedom, or even politeness. Everything he does paint him as a champion of conflict for no reason other than conflict. A contrarian. A baiter. A bad faith arguer.

Calling oranges a sexpest over past issues was just the last straw after a warning that by all rights was much, much worse and he even tried to blame the victim in the appeal.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #699376

I feel like this is going to mess up the natural order of things. For what is light without darkness, good without evil, order without chaos?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #699378

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 pm I feel like this is going to mess up the natural order of things. For what is light without darkness, good without evil, order without chaos?
You foolishly assume that the Player's Club isn't entirely evil, chaotic and full of darkness. The forumites that dwell here only possess a deep, black void in the spot where their hearts should be, and they come here just to bask in the vast corruption the club offers.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699380

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 pm I feel like this is going to mess up the natural order of things. For what is light without darkness, good without evil, order without chaos?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #699385

kinnebian wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:33 pm
the softban could expire when the headmin threads are out so I can engage (in a civil manner!) with those.
sinfuls one of the most pro player voices i know who uses forums so id like this too
I think youre misunderstanding his takes.

He is pro-sinful, and sinful happens to be a player. He is not "pro-player" anymore than anyone else is, if there was a solution that benefitted the playerbase but not his specific personal style of play it would be in his eyes a bad change (look at his note appeal with the SM, the other player can get owned for all he cares).

Thats not to say his takes are good/bad (id lean with the latter personally and id be correct), but I think its a bit of a stretch to say he speaks on behalf of players.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699386

id still love to know why oranges is even fucking allowed to post here

go make a fucking coders club or something and get the fuck out
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699389

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:42 pm Calling oranges a sexpest over past issues was just the last straw after a warning that by all rights was much, much worse and he even tried to blame the victim in the appeal.
not engaging with anything else you posted because it just comes down to “sinful is a shithead” and i half agree- the other half of it being i don’t necessarily agree with your conclusions.

but come on, you really cannot call oranges a motherfucking victim here. like come the fuck on. really? oranges? a victim? past issues? the last time i saw oranges in the tg discord he was still calling random people bottoms :lol:
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699391

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:54 pm id still love to know why oranges is even fucking allowed to post here

Because he would throw a big baby tantrum and threaten the codebase as leverage
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #699392

in the nicest way possible sinful reminds me of the kinda addled dope fiends i'd see outside of liquor stores in the dumpy parts of town

he has this resilience to him to always try and argue things in poor taste that i would commend if it didn't make him sound like a jackass, much like how dope fiends argue with everyone they can so they can score pocket change for a hit

the similarities end there because as much as sinful does things that are not very nice for the sake of causing problems i believe he is still at least above druggos scraping by (unless you could count forum shitposting to cause problems as a valid enough dopamine hit)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #699396

Just bring back the hut.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #699397

This really inconveniences my schizopost consumption potential.
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699398

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:42 pm
You know the point would be very interesting to debate if it weren't coming from sinfulbliss.

Read the appeal about him comparing kinne to a nazi again and tell me with a straight face that you truly believe he cares about keeping threads on topic. Or tone. Or anything but conflict for its own sake.

People dogpile on him because he actively prefers conflict and starts it, and he even admires conflict in itself. People refuse to engage with him seriously because it is very hard to do it when your opponent's FIRST FUCKING POST is to throw insults at others.

Everything he does paints him not as a champion of players, freedom, or even politeness. Everything he does paint him as a champion of conflict for no reason other than conflict. A contrarian. A baiter. A bad faith arguer.

Calling oranges a sexpest over past issues was just the last straw after a warning that by all rights was much, much worse and he even tried to blame the victim in the appeal.
if i was permad because i was retaliating to something that fucking sludge said to me, i'd probably blame him too

it SHOULD utterly baffle me that some people can actually attempt to converse with oranges like a normal human being, or even enjoy having them around, but then I remember there are indeed actually people on this world that were purely put here to follow others and be completely blind to just how utterly awful they are

oranges has made two peanut threads in a week now- one for me, and one for sinful, two players who have repeatedly gone out of their way to call attention to the fact that their behavior is repulsive.
anyone, literally anyone that questions their authority or intellect is instantly put on the shitlist. Can any of you guess what kind of person also does this?
The narcissist.

they all come in different flavors, but having dealt with one i'm actually related to and knowing women that have been the target of their abuse, the way they post, chat, and communicate is almost exactly the same across the board

i'm honestly really happy that there are so many of you who dont see this, it means you probably havent had to deal with one in real life. they are awful, horrible people

sinful has some bad takes but the way he retaliated against oranges was fucking perfect, he just had the misfortune of being heavily under the headmins microscope at the time

i'm fine with people getting the boot for repeated drama stirring or shitposting, but i'm super disappointed with the headmins for booting sinful for retaliation against fucking ORANGES, of all posters.

this was not a cute, funny little insult he made to sinful, it was likely purposeful and designed to have exactly the outcome we are now seeing, and it disgusts me that the headmins played right into it

go ahead and perma sinful, sure, but not for bringing up extremely relevant shit that makes for really interesting reading on the long ass fucking character sheet that is oranges.

i'll finish with that since this fucking losers gotten enough attention from me, I highly expect to either be warned or banned myself for this, or at least have the thread locked very shortly after

a quick little edit to this-- at least sinful PARTICIPATES IN DISCUSSION

oranges comes in, makes a snide demeaning comment or two, then sits back to watch the drama. if anyone can prove this isnt so, by all means show me.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #699399

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:26 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:54 pm id still love to know why oranges is even fucking allowed to post here

He's the stereotypical "Steve from accounting" who is too valuable to remove even though if anyone else did half the stuff they did, they'd get fired and blacklisted from the company.

IIRC, he's banned from the manuel discord because he kept spamming porn of some sort. He got that ban shortly after getting banned from the TG discord for sexually harassing an admin.

Sinfulbliss only got banned because the admins were itching for a reason to ban him. if literally anyone else had said it, it would have been fine (because people have pointed out before).

something something two tiered justice system
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699403

This is completely false and just a straight up lie with no factual basis in reality.

there is nothing i can do to threaten the codebase in the way you are implying.

also kendrick stop denying sinfulbliss agency, I'm not responsible for him getting banned, he is.
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699405

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:44 pm

This is completely false and just a straight up lie with no factual basis in reality.

If I remember correctly a big part of the reason that Timber didn't permanently nuke you from everything was because he didn't know what the consequences to the codebase would be, and said so explicitly in his response to you in one of your appeals, so he absolutely thought there was a potential "this blows up the project" issue with banning you. Whether you actually would do it or not isn't really relevant, that's what your reputation ultimately guided him to think.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31891&p=643612&hil ... st#p643612

"Nobody wants to be the headmin term that actually permanently bans you, because nobody is sure what the true consequences of that would be."
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #699406

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:59 pm a quick little edit to this-- at least sinful PARTICIPATES IN DISCUSSION
this, yeah
sinful was consistently someone i could get a conversation going with
respect (let him do his thing)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699407

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:55 pm

If I remember correctly a big part of the reason that Timber didn't permanently nuke you from everything was because he didn't know what the consequences to the codebase would be, and said so explicitly in his response to you in one of your appeals, so he absolutely thought there was a potential "this blows up the project" issue with banning you. Whether you actually would do it or not isn't really relevant, that's what your reputation ultimately guided him to think.

"Nobody wants to be the headmin term that actually permanently bans you, because nobody is sure what the true consequences of that would be."
Looking past the fact that i've never once threatened some kind of destructive act with my access, lets assume I do lose my mind and do something

First there are 4 github owners
myself
mothblocks
spookydonut
ninjanomnom

any one of the other three can demote me at literally any point in time.

Even if i somehow managed to demote all of them and delete the repository in some way that github support couldn't restore it, it's literally mirrored on the computers of teh 100+ contributors who all contribute to the game and is on the servers.

The disruption would be entirely temporary.

Putting that aside then, the thing is I have a lot more access with which supposed damage could be done
I have access to the databases, I have access to the domain admin machines, I have control over the tgstation13.org domain.

Point is, I don't see those things as leverage and i've never threatened anyone with some kind of destructive act in response to being punished for my actions (which has happened many times)

I don't know what timberpoes was thinking and i'm not going to assume on their behalf, but the only consequences they can imagine are assumed in their own head, the only way they can torpedo the codebase is if they do something so abhorrently bad as to alienate the entire contributor base at once.

I don't want to be accused of things I wouldn't do, I've had plenty of opportunities to supposedly exact revenge on someone by destroying things and I never have because none of those thing actually belong to me, they're held in trust for the community of the game, which matters a lot more than me than some falling out with timberpoes over a discord message.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699408

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:03 pm

I don't know what timberpoes was thinking and i'm not going to assume on their behalf
He pretty clearly laid out that he thinks you suck ass lmao
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699409

you should really be careful insulting me apparently you just disappear around these parts
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #699410

Just paraphrasing a headmin homie
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #699412

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:03 pm

Looking past the fact that i've never once threatened some kind of destructive act with my access, lets assume I do lose my mind and do something

First there are 4 github owners
myself
mothblocks
spookydonut
ninjanomnom

any one of the other three can demote me at literally any point in time.

Even if i somehow managed to demote all of them and delete the repository in some way that github support couldn't restore it, it's literally mirrored on the computers of teh 100+ contributors who all contribute to the game and is on the servers.

The disruption would be entirely temporary.

Putting that aside then, the thing is I have a lot more access with which supposed damage could be done
I have access to the databases, I have access to the domain admin machines, I have control over the tgstation13.org domain.

Point is, I don't see those things as leverage and i've never threatened anyone with some kind of destructive act in response to being punished for my actions (which has happened many times)

I don't know what timberpoes was thinking and i'm not going to assume on their behalf, but the only consequences they can imagine are assumed in their own head, the only way they can torpedo the codebase is if they do something so abhorrently bad as to alienate the entire contributor base at once.

I don't want to be accused of things I wouldn't do, I've had plenty of opportunities to supposedly exact revenge on someone by destroying things and I never have because none of those thing actually belong to me, they're held in trust for the community of the game, which matters a lot more than me than some falling out with timberpoes over a discord message.
he's making a really good point here ban him from the players club.
Image Image