sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by oranges » #699226

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=699225#p699225

if anyone has a better way to finish this thread with an s word i'd be keen
Last edited by oranges on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by Boot » #699412

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:03 pm
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:55 pm
oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:44 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:26 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:54 pm id still love to know why oranges is even fucking allowed to post here

go make a fucking coders club or something and get the fuck out
Because he would throw a big baby tantrum and threaten the codebase as leverage
This is completely false and just a straight up lie with no factual basis in reality.

there is nothing i can do to threaten the codebase in the way you are implying.
If I remember correctly a big part of the reason that Timber didn't permanently nuke you from everything was because he didn't know what the consequences to the codebase would be, and said so explicitly in his response to you in one of your appeals, so he absolutely thought there was a potential "this blows up the project" issue with banning you. Whether you actually would do it or not isn't really relevant, that's what your reputation ultimately guided him to think.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31891&p=643612&hil ... st#p643612

"Nobody wants to be the headmin term that actually permanently bans you, because nobody is sure what the true consequences of that would be."
Looking past the fact that i've never once threatened some kind of destructive act with my access, lets assume I do lose my mind and do something

First there are 4 github owners
myself
mothblocks
spookydonut
ninjanomnom

any one of the other three can demote me at literally any point in time.

Even if i somehow managed to demote all of them and delete the repository in some way that github support couldn't restore it, it's literally mirrored on the computers of teh 100+ contributors who all contribute to the game and is on the servers.

The disruption would be entirely temporary.

Putting that aside then, the thing is I have a lot more access with which supposed damage could be done
I have access to the databases, I have access to the domain admin machines, I have control over the tgstation13.org domain.

Point is, I don't see those things as leverage and i've never threatened anyone with some kind of destructive act in response to being punished for my actions (which has happened many times)

I don't know what timberpoes was thinking and i'm not going to assume on their behalf, but the only consequences they can imagine are assumed in their own head, the only way they can torpedo the codebase is if they do something so abhorrently bad as to alienate the entire contributor base at once.

I don't want to be accused of things I wouldn't do, I've had plenty of opportunities to supposedly exact revenge on someone by destroying things and I never have because none of those thing actually belong to me, they're held in trust for the community of the game, which matters a lot more than me than some falling out with timberpoes over a discord message.
he's making a really good point here ban him from the players club.
Image Image
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: sinfulbliss satiates soul with salaicious sexpest stirring, suffers sadly from short sighted success

Post by Kendrickorium » #699414

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:54 pm id still love to know why oranges is even fucking allowed to post here

This is completely false and just a straight up lie with no factual basis in reality.

If I remember correctly a big part of the reason that Timber didn't permanently nuke you from everything was because he didn't know what the consequences to the codebase would be, and said so explicitly in his response to you in one of your appeals, so he absolutely thought there was a potential "this blows up the project" issue with banning you. Whether you actually would do it or not isn't really relevant, that's what your reputation ultimately guided him to think.

"Nobody wants to be the headmin term that actually permanently bans you, because nobody is sure what the true consequences of that would be."
if i recall correctly he held the code base or something hostage after MSO did a thing like 2 years ago
 ! Message from: kieth4
I don't think oranges did this, this post is here to combat misinformation. If anything new pops up I will edit this
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #699415

Boot wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:12 pm
oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:03 pm

Looking past the fact that i've never once threatened some kind of destructive act with my access, lets assume I do lose my mind and do something

First there are 4 github owners
myself
mothblocks
spookydonut
ninjanomnom

any one of the other three can demote me at literally any point in time.

Even if i somehow managed to demote all of them and delete the repository in some way that github support couldn't restore it, it's literally mirrored on the computers of teh 100+ contributors who all contribute to the game and is on the servers.

The disruption would be entirely temporary.

Putting that aside then, the thing is I have a lot more access with which supposed damage could be done
I have access to the databases, I have access to the domain admin machines, I have control over the tgstation13.org domain.

Point is, I don't see those things as leverage and i've never threatened anyone with some kind of destructive act in response to being punished for my actions (which has happened many times)

I don't know what timberpoes was thinking and i'm not going to assume on their behalf, but the only consequences they can imagine are assumed in their own head, the only way they can torpedo the codebase is if they do something so abhorrently bad as to alienate the entire contributor base at once.

I don't want to be accused of things I wouldn't do, I've had plenty of opportunities to supposedly exact revenge on someone by destroying things and I never have because none of those thing actually belong to me, they're held in trust for the community of the game, which matters a lot more than me than some falling out with timberpoes over a discord message.
he's making a really good point here ban him from the players club.
it's funny to me that your handle is fucking Boot
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699417

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:28 pm if i recall correctly he held the code base or something hostage after MSO did a thing like 2 years ago
misinformation as usual, I've never done anything with the codebase to MSO and i've already demonstrated I cannot hold the codebase hostage.

I'd prefer you didn't lie like this, so i've reported this post.

The only time I've disagree with MSO I removed my own patreon donation over him banning goof for no reason.
Last edited by oranges on Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #699421

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:42 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am
sinful's point about policing each other's tone is more about systematically enforcing tone versus personally choosing to say "i think you are being mean and non-conductive to conversations" - he doesn't want a world where you can just say whatever you want in every thread. he cares about keeping threads on topic... usually, at least. but he also doesn't care to engage messages that are directed towards him if they're just going to be enflaming.
You know the point would be very interesting to debate if it weren't coming from sinfulbliss.

Read the appeal about him comparing kinne to a nazi again and tell me with a straight face that you truly believe he cares about keeping threads on topic. Or tone. Or anything but conflict for its own sake.

People dogpile on him because he actively prefers conflict and starts it, and he even admires conflict in itself. People refuse to engage with him seriously because it is very hard to do it when your opponent's FIRST FUCKING POST is to throw insults at others.

Everything he does paints him not as a champion of players, freedom, or even politeness. Everything he does paint him as a champion of conflict for no reason other than conflict. A contrarian. A baiter. A bad faith arguer.

Calling oranges a sexpest over past issues was just the last straw after a warning that by all rights was much, much worse and he even tried to blame the victim in the appeal.
enjoying conflict in and of itself isn't even a problem, it generates discussion, it generates threads, it generates content for people[ME] to laugh at.
is sinful retarded? yeah definitely, but i wouldn't say that he's actively malicious, or does it for shits and giggles, or whatever it is you're trying to say he is. the nazi thing is probably the worst thing to compare somebody to, but in the appeal he even outright says "yeah man if you told me that was offensive to you i would've stopped as i was under the impression that everybody didn't have an issue with it". i think it's a poor taste joke but sinful atleast seems to have made an effort to explain/rectify the situation.
People dogpile on him because he actively prefers conflict and starts it, and he even admires conflict in itself. People refuse to engage with him seriously because it is very hard to do it when your opponent's FIRST FUCKING POST is to throw insults at others.
heavily cherrypicked argument, sinfuls post history is very often on topic, usually with snide remarks or jokes inlaid to posts he's made. there are many such examples of his willingness to keep a conversation, debate, whatever you want to call it going. admiring conflict in and of itself is not a bad thing & what sinful has brought to the table when posting is usually funny or provides a new opinion to a peanut.
Everything he does paints him not as a champion of players, freedom, or even politeness. Everything he does paint him as a champion of conflict for no reason other than conflict. A contrarian. A baiter. A bad faith arguer.
nobody is a champion of players, that's dumb as hell & i really doubt anybody considered him as such in the first place. he's a guy with outspoken opinions, whether or not they're dumb or fair arguments.
and again, i must ask you. is there a problem with the conflict he has provided to discussions? i've found that it sparks interesting arguments & opens the floodgates for differing discussion on bans/etc.
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699423

I don't think sinfulbliss is actively malicious but he had to know he was under scrutiny, so choosing to throw down the gauntlet in that thread which wasn't even something worth arguing about was really silly.

Either way the ban doesn't seem like it will stick forever so I imagine he'll be back
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699424

also kendrick stop denying sinfulbliss agency, I'm not responsible for him getting banned, he is.
ok prove it by getting yourself voluntarily banned from the player's club and then don't throw a big tantrum over it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699425

how long would satisfy you crag.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699426

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:52 pm how long would satisfy you crag.
i'm a simple man, 30 day ban and if you pull it off i will make a big post congratulating you

will say tho that i have never seen you post this fucking rapidly before and be this desperate to prove people wrong instead of just mocking people
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699428

I'm posting to correct misinformation because I don't fucking like people who straight up make shit up and it actually genuinely pisses me off, especially when they say I am lording my control over community assets over people, which is something I am super strongly ethically against.

Anyway, if you think a 30 day synthetic ban where I request to be banned from players club for 30 days will prove anything then so be it, I'll request it of the headadmins.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #699429

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:42 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:32 am
snip
snip
saprasam wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:35 pm
► Show Spoiler
im going to +1 this post from saprasam just because i said i wouldn't engage with your reply. this was because i was ultimately lazy and i also don't like replying to you archie. if i were to reply to you, it would be this.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699430

oranges wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:13 pm I'm posting to correct misinformation because I don't fucking like people who straight up make shit up and it actually genuinely pisses me off, especially when they say I am lording my control over community assets over people, which is something I am super strongly ethically against.

Anyway, if you think a 30 day synthetic ban where I request to be banned from players club for 30 days will prove anything then so be it, I'll request it of the headadmins.
you wouldn't have to try to hard if other people would post defending you against people maligning your character, but people are less inclined to do that because of your history of people with your behavior during your time in the community. Also posting catgirl fart smut in manuelcord probably wasn't a good idea either.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #699432

the content equivalent of "ur mad im not, therefore I won"