Why people hate hopcurity

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Why people hate hopcurity

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #700185

What is wrong with a HOP defending themselves from a traitor, Arresting people, and generally assisting with station sec?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Why people hate hopcurity

Post by Jacquerel » #700186

they'd be faster and better at catching the bad guys if they ran with both legs like a normal person
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #700187

Defending themselves from a traitor? Good. Thats why you have baton and gun

Everything else, cringe. Play security if you want to play security. Not a head role where you can give yourself whatever access you want. You are expected to change IDs and assist the service people. Not hunt valids.

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700189

For the exact same reason people hate when the CMO grabs the syringe gun and goes in maints to hunt for antags.

It sounds weird but it's true.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #700196

Because this is a roleplaying game, not Fortnite. Your job isn't just a skin.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #700197

hop gets a self defence weapon so that they can defend the bridge, which is their workplace.

the meme comes from the prevalent appearance of bad hops who give themselves access to sec just because they want to gear themselves up to abandon their post to do a job that isn't theirs. most of the time they end up getting dumpstered and release their ID and sec gear into the wild.

it's DUMB

edit: oh wait i didn't realize this was a longestarm thread ew
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #700199

Hot take: hopcurity is good for the meta. If hops stop doing security shut, then traitor hops will stick out like a sore thumb.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #700203

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:29 pm Hot take: hopcurity is good for the meta. If hops stop doing security shut, then traitor hops will stick out like a sore thumb.
All department heads are already presumed to be antagonist by most players (and to be fair, they're usually right)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #700210

Did someone insult you for taking a full security kit as HoP or something?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #700211

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:29 pm Hot take: hopcurity is good for the meta. If hops stop doing security shut, then traitor hops will stick out like a sore thumb.
Why would a traitor HoP need to look like hopcurity to do tator stuff? They can pretty easily look like someone else while giving themselves access.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #700243

Stop taking this dickheads Bait please
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #700262

dendydoom wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:26 pm edit: oh wait i didn't realize this was a longestarm thread ew
You're sentenced to 50 hail mary's and 100 lines on the blackboard to atone.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #700298

hopcurity isnt beating the shit out of antags, its breaking into the brig with falsified access, stealing sec gear, and being a mallcop "arresting" people n shit.

Then pressing f1 when the HOS clubs you to the floor and puts you in a cell.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #700323

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 am hopcurity isnt beating the shit out of antags, its breaking into the brig with falsified access, stealing sec gear, and being a mallcop "arresting" people n shit.

To be completely fair, Most HOP players deserve to be beaten regardless.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #700329

I remember when HOPcurity was hated because hop actually had a job before access got powerkrept &the system got made too confusin. HOPcurity was hated cause youd be trying to get access somewhere and the hop wont open the goddam line.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #700344

The Wrench wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:08 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 am hopcurity isnt beating the shit out of antags, its breaking into the brig with falsified access, stealing sec gear, and being a mallcop "arresting" people n shit.

To be completely fair, Most HOP players deserve to be beaten regardless.
Most of my recent rounds in security have involved the HOP being beaten up by the HoS for stealing from the brig at least once so I do agree.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #700345

longestarm may be a troll but at least they are making threads about the game in the players club. Also if you want to HOPcurity you need to kiss the captains ass so they don’t let the HOS destroy you
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #700349

Hey does anyone wanna play starsector with me
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701427

zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #701458

Fren256 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:35 pm Hey does anyone wanna play starsector with me
ok but we have to kill the hemegony and tri tach and only sell to the luddic path