a quiet heretic deserves a quiet execution deserves a quiet ahelp

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

a quiet heretic deserves a quiet execution deserves a quiet ahelp

Post by kinnebian » #700947

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34773
in this round i observed the mime, who was a heretic, be executed for wearing heretic robes, and having the captains gun in the bridge. i ahelped this
lol?
respect (let him do his thing)
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: a quiet heretic deserves a quiet execution deserves a quiet ahelp

Post by Striders13 » #700948

The ahelp was really funny and inactionable, but it still shouldn't have been rejected due to them not being involved. It should've been rejected due to being funny and inactionable.
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #700950

A heretic got executed for wearing obvious heretic gear. I fail to see the problem here. I'm assuming this was on Manuel, based on who's making the thread and the implication that this is somehow unusual.
If the heretic himself didn't ahelp, then he believed he had done stuff that would warrant his execution. Stuff that both he and security would be privy to, but some random third party wouldn't. Either that or he didn't care. In neither case is interrupting players' rounds with bwoinks necessary. Maia should have minded her own business. The admin did nothing wrong. This is so not getting upheld.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #700951

Isnt high value theft execution? Anyhow, they were wearing fucking heretic robes. They commited breaking and entering, tresspass into an important area and finally high value theft, so execution is warranted.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #700952

I lol'd
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #700955

I can already hear Kieth's mighty lungs producing the longest sigh known to man.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #700956

I get the field execution, this was just a bad response to a bad ahelp. It happens to us all. I totally get Maia being upset because of the response, and I also get Ned not wanting to deal with a ticket that he didn't see the reason in investigating.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Hans
Byond Username: Lipino7

Post by Hans » #700960

Kind of unintentionaly based. Minimods who ahelp for others are the worst
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #700969

Cheshify wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:17 am I get the field execution, this was just a bad response to a bad ahelp. It happens to us all. I totally get Maia being upset because of the response, and I also get Ned not wanting to deal with a ticket that he didn't see the reason in investigating.
in what world is this a bad response to the ahelp
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700980

NikNakFlak wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:29 am
Cheshify wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:17 am I get the field execution, this was just a bad response to a bad ahelp. It happens to us all. I totally get Maia being upset because of the response, and I also get Ned not wanting to deal with a ticket that he didn't see the reason in investigating.
Because it's totally irrelevant whether or not the mime ahelps.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #700982

Lacran wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:03 am
It's not completely irrelevant, knowing that a player feels aggrieved adds more weight to "Do I bother to address this mis-conduct"
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #700983

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:06 am
It's not completely irrelevant, knowing that a player feels aggrieved adds more weight to "Do I bother to address this mis-conduct"
It should be a factor in determining the severity of a rulebreach, not if a rulebreach occured in the first place.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #700984

Lacran wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:10 am
WineAllWine wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:06 am
It should be a factor in determining the severity of a rulebreach, not if a rulebreach occured in the first place.
I don't disagree, but it's a factor in "Do I put the effort in to look into this potential rulebreach?"
Occasionally I see things that might be rulebreaches. If they looks like they might be severe rulebreaches I'll investigate always ("hey why did you set off a maxcap in the central hallway?"). If it looks like its minor I'll sometime let them slide if no-one ahelps
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #700986

I think the ahelp was given the time and attention it deserved
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #700991

Petty complaint + manuel but it’s funny to imagine Ned and Kieth malding at a nothingburger complaint
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #700999

Contrary to popular belief, admins dont need to act on everything. Why did X get away with minor griefing but I got a warning when I did? Maybe the security player actually didnt care, everything is circumstantial. Either way, what Ned responded with was hilariously fine. Adminhelping on someone elses behalf but then expecting and demanding an admin do something is minimodding. What about that situation needed an investigation at all, whether the mime, maia, or other adminhelped it at all?
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #701002

the secret is to say "we'll look into it" then announce in admin chat that you intend to do nothing because it's an IC issue

the existence of this complaint demonstrates why this method is so valuable
Spoiler:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #701004

the very consistent (in discord as well as here) translation of quite a polite message to "fuck off" is pretty funny
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #701007

I'm just reading high levels of entitlement, here, and not much else worth talking about.
"You. Volunteer. You MUST do something about this."
lol, lmao.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701015

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:31 pm I'm just reading high levels of entitlement, here, and not much else worth talking about.
"You. Volunteer. You MUST do something about this."
lol, lmao.
i dont expect an admin to handle every ticket but i do expect more than them telling me to not ahelp because i wasnt involved
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701016

Scriptis wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:15 pm the secret is to say "we'll look into it" then announce in admin chat that you intend to do nothing because it's an IC issue

then tell the player its an IC issue, helps build trust
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #701020

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:46 pm
Scriptis wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:15 pm the secret is to say "we'll look into it" then announce in admin chat that you intend to do nothing because it's an IC issue

if the admin is in a sour mood or otherwise feels they're at risk of saying something stupid or mean--whether by external life factors or otherwise--

well, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
Spoiler:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #701021

Noooo you cant leak admin secrets like that!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701022

Simple Rule 6.

Complaints for admins not taking action, or for choosing not to, already hold no water when made by the affected party.
And if they did, they'd hold even less when made by a uninvolved third party.

These kind of complaints are just a variation of "ban request, or else... " in disguise. Just post on their feedback thread instead, which is the place for things "you didn't like an admin doing".

Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #701023

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:46 pm

This is what a ticket says when we reject a ticket:
This is what a ticket says when we mark it as IC:

This frankly should have been marked as IC, but it wasn't so whatever. If your ticket was REJECTED it is entirely likely you left out information or were lacking it yourself, especially as a third party. There's nothing wrong with rejecting a ticket in these scenarios. If you feel like you weren't heard just ahelp again and say so?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #701024

The age old Respond -> "I will look into it."
Into F3 -> "I will not."
► Show Spoiler
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #701026

help
conrad

Post by conrad » #701031

Chadley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:33 pm

The age old Respond -> "I will look into it."
Into F3 -> "I will not."
Handled.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #701032

Drag wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:21 pm This is what a ticket says when we reject a ticket:

This frankly should have been marked as IC, but it wasn't so whatever. If your ticket was REJECTED it is entirely likely you left out information or were lacking it yourself, especially as a third party. There's nothing wrong with rejecting a ticket in these scenarios. If you feel like you weren't heard just ahelp again and say so?
We don't know (or at least I don't) what the responses say word by word, so I don't blame Ned for picking one that wasn't precisely what described the given scenario.
Spoiler:
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #701044

Justice12354 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm
Drag wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:21 pm This is what a ticket says when we reject a ticket:

We don't know (or at least I don't) what the responses say word by word, so I don't blame Ned for picking one that wasn't precisely what described the given scenario.
What do you mean Neds trainer didn't teach them that shit...all admins should know roughly what those buttons do.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #701051

Drag wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:32 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:51 pm
What do you mean Neds trainer didn't teach them that shit...all admins should know roughly what those buttons do.
What I mean is that we don't have perfect memory. When pressing the ticket-ending buttons, I think "IC Issue - IC Issue", "Reject - No, I'm not doing that", "Resolve - Done", "Close - Not bothering the player with the message". That's why I usually stick to Resolved and Closed, but I can't blame another admin for pressing one of the others thinking about the general meaning of their title and ending up with something a bit different. Not saying this is what happened with Ned, but I wouldn't find it out of ordinary if they simply felt like the word "Rejected" fit better with the scenario, which it does.
Spoiler:
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #701056

tl;dr:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #701057

Pepper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:02 pm Image
Good meme
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701058

Or just tell them that you're ruling it as a valid confrontation given the circumstances, no need to obfuscate the truth when doing anything else just leads to more false positive ahelps.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #701083

You got the admins that whine in dchat and ooc when players see what they believe to be a rule infraction and don't ahelp, then the admins whining because someone ahelped over something they perceive as a non-issue. Admins legitimately don't know what they want lol.

also a lot of the people are replying to this with a LRP heavy perspective, forgetting this is MRP. Antags on Manuel are supposed to be executed in proportion to their crime and relevant to the threat of the antag along with the damage they've done. Is the dude with heretic armor and laser gun trespassing in the bridge a threat? Sure. How much on a scale of 1 being not at all and 10 being holy shit battlecruiser ops!!! With the given context, probably like a 3. Can he be safely detained? Was he confirmed to have any teleportation abilities that aren't linked to the blades, making him undetainable? Capturing people alive to keep the threat in the round and potentially have them do something more meaningful with the shift is more of the goal there than collecting valids.

maia wasn't wrong to ahelp but maybe a bit more nudging the ahelp in the direction of "antags have to be dealt in proportion to their crime and I don't think the mime was handled as such" would've been more explicit and helpful. asking the mime in dchat for further context would've also been great if that wasn't done.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #701086

TypicalRig wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:03 pm You got the admins that whine in dchat and ooc when players see what they believe to be a rule infraction and don't ahelp, then the admins whining because someone ahelped over something they perceive as a non-issue. Admins legitimately don't know what they want lol.

also a lot of the people are replying to this with a LRP heavy perspective, forgetting this is MRP. Antags on Manuel are supposed to be executed in proportion to their crime and relevant to the threat of the antag along with the damage they've done. Is the dude with heretic armor and laser gun trespassing in the bridge a threat? Sure. How much on a scale of 1 being not at all and 10 being holy shit battlecruiser ops!!! With the given context, probably like a 3. Can he be safely detained? Was he confirmed to have any teleportation abilities that aren't linked to the blades, making him undetainable? Capturing people alive to keep the threat in the round and potentially have them do something more meaningful with the shift is more of the goal there than collecting valids.

maia wasn't wrong to ahelp but maybe a bit more nudging the ahelp in the direction of "antags have to be dealt in proportion to their crime and I don't think the mime was handled as such" would've been more explicit and helpful. asking the mime in dchat for further context would've also been great if that wasn't done.
If it's worth anything my most recent ban was to someone whom deadchat was whining about without an ahelp (rightly so, obviously).
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701088

The takeaway from this is that the enforcement of the rules depends on how sassy the admin feels that day.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #701098

Fren256 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:20 pm The takeaway from this is that the enforcement of the rules depends on how sassy the admin feels that day.
Eh, enforcing rules through emotion like that is a fast track to getting your bollocks kicked so high up by the rest of the admin team they come outta your ears.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #701136

If it was round removal, I noticed some admins have gotten very strict on round removal on Manuel recently. I can see why people ahelped that if they have been getting the same vibes.

Usually when my ahelp doesn't matter I just don't get a response or anything. That's when I assume the admins online are simply not looking into it. I thought that was the general way they do it instead of saying to them: not looking Into it.

That kind of response does discourage players from ahelping, which is an issue to me. I want players to ahelp things for me as I do not ahelp much naturally.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #701147

Constellado wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:29 pm If it was round removal, I noticed some admins have gotten very strict on round removal on Manuel recently. I can see why people ahelped that if they have been getting the same vibes.

Usually when my ahelp doesn't matter I just don't get a response or anything. That's when I assume the admins online are simply not looking into it. I thought that was the general way they do it instead of saying to them: not looking Into it.

That kind of response does discourage players from ahelping, which is an issue to me. I want players to ahelp things for me as I do not ahelp much naturally.
You often get this effect when you have a team of multiple admins on at the same time when they all independently decide they don't care for an ahelp, but none are willing to assume nobody else cares for it, so none of them close it just in case.

Ahelps aren't rejected until they're closed, it definitely does happen that an ahelp gets passed over and then returned to when busy admins finish up whatever they're doing. (Though this can also lead to a defacto rejection because the delay while admins were busy led to the situation resolving itself, wacky mid-escalation tickets can end this way pretty easily, for example)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #701187

i don't personally find much wrong with this response. it wasn't rude, but it was perhaps dismissive. however the report was being made by someone who wasn't involved and had no greater context of the situation. they don't really have any right to any further information about the people involved. there is a low effort checklist of things we will look at as part of information gathering around an issue, and pretty early on you can tell when something is a non-issue. there is also the fact that a lot of players are fine to take the L. sometimes it's better to let a situation ride when no one involved is making a fuss about it rather than to start tearing it apart and putting it under admin scrutiny. it can do more harm than what it fixes if you're not good at using your discretion about how impactful an issue is.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #701198

It may not seem like it but it really sucks on the players end to be dismissed after ahelping, like not even an IC issue button or a “this may just be IC” or even a “rule 10?????”

After a few times of it happening or hearing about it happen you kinda start to give up and enter the “IC or bust” mindset (which isn’t bad, but I imagine undesirable)

Also I will be damned to hell for 10000000000 years before I ahelp and nothing happens while 2 trialmins and an admin candidate laugh at my ticket
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #701199

i disagree with anyone who says that it's fine to misdirect or ignore player concerns outright. it hurts player trust in admins taking their concerns seriously, which they should be doing. but if every third-party report about an incident they weren't involved in required a full write-up of every decision the admin made about the issue then we would have no time for anything else. it should be a give and take relationship. the admin takes the player report seriously, and the player tries their best to accept the outcome from the admin taking it seriously.

if the person making the report was someone directly involved in the incident, then i would feel completely differently, and there would be no good reason to be dismissive about it.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #701202

dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:55 am i disagree with anyone who says that it's fine to misdirect or ignore player concerns outright. it hurts player trust in admins taking their concerns seriously, which they should be doing. but if every third-party report about an incident they weren't involved in required a full write-up of every decision the admin made about the issue then we would have no time for anything else. it should be a give and take relationship. the admin takes the player report seriously, and the player tries their best to accept the outcome from the admin taking it seriously.

if the person making the report was someone directly involved in the incident, then i would feel completely differently, and there would be no good reason to be dismissive about it.
If only there was a button for this exact situation….

Nobody is asking for a dissertation here and this is still a lolcow complaint, but even in the most “admin based” complaints it’s easy to see where the frustrations as a player come from
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701203

Both the IC issue and reject button messages feel way too hostile for me to press in 90% of situations. It doesn't cost much to explain yourself.

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #701204

Sightld2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:28 am Both the IC issue and reject button messages feel way too hostile for me to press in 90% of situations. It doesn't cost much to explain yourself.
There's nothing wrong with the buttons themselves, it's pressing them without saying anything to the player that comes off as hostile.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #701207

dendydoom wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:55 am i disagree with anyone who says that it's fine to misdirect or ignore player concerns outright. it hurts player trust in admins taking their concerns seriously, which they should be doing. but if every third-party report about an incident they weren't involved in required a full write-up of every decision the admin made about the issue then we would have no time for anything else. it should be a give and take relationship. the admin takes the player report seriously, and the player tries their best to accept the outcome from the admin taking it seriously.

In all fairness my "Handled" thing was a meme and if any admin takes that as a piece of advice at face value they need to check themselves. This ain't a jab at you, of course, it's a jab at people who are clueless to take it seriously.

I apologize tho.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #701259

TypicalRig wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:03 pm You got the admins that whine in dchat and ooc when players see what they believe to be a rule infraction and don't ahelp, then the admins whining because someone ahelped over something they perceive as a non-issue. Admins legitimately don't know what they want lol.
Completely false. There's just more than one kind of admin. I made a handy dandy chart to help explain it!
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #701260

ekaterina wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:30 am
Sightld2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:28 am Both the IC issue and reject button messages feel way too hostile for me to press in 90% of situations. It doesn't cost much to explain yourself.
There's nothing wrong with the buttons themselves, it's pressing them without saying anything to the player that comes off as hostile.
Well put. If im going to press the IC issue button, I'll elaborate before doing it and give you some boxing gloves to solve your problem.
respect (let him do his thing)
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #701268

NikNakFlak wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:15 pm
Completely false. There's just more than one kind of admin. I made a handy dandy chart to help explain it!
Using your pfp can you please show where you fall on the chart.