Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Post by Archie700 » #701689

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34826
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34827

THE TRUTH MUST BE SET FREE
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #701774

I dunno, I just think this one was handled appropriately.

It's reasonable that this guy could have watched that particular episode of south park a week ago and thought to make that reference. But also he was incredibly stupid to do so, since even if we take EVERYTHING the clown says as fact, he was still baiting people into pedo drama, by his own admission. I don't think the anti-trans thing can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it's also highly suspicious to me, since the right wing painting trans people with that particular label is a very common and current thing. I think the clown got slapped, and deserved that slap, since at best he was drama-baiting, and at worst he's drama-baiting but also breaking rule 11. Keep and possibly maybe if you're feeling lenient edit the note more favorably if you feel like it and keep an eye on this player for likely near future rule 11 breaches, IMO.

Vekter was extremely lenient, I bet half the admin team would have at least month banned him in Vekter's shoes.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #701776

Corporate pride is alive and well in 2055 nanotrasen definitely issues employees with pride pins in one hand and then issues a massive loan against future pay in exchange for access to rare xenobiology extracts or genetic treatment with the other.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #701777

Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 am They're not even using dogwhistles anymore.
Who is they?
Image Image
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #701778

Ekaterina is showing their true colors again.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701779

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:49 pm
Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 am They're not even using dogwhistles anymore.
Who is they?
⡏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⣉⣩⣭⣉⣉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⢁⣀⠀⣀⡈⠙⢢⡀⠀⠒⠒⠂⣀⡤⠖⠒⠒⠒⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠏⠀⢰⣿⣿⡿⠛⠃⠀⠀⣹⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⢰⣶⣤⣀⠀⠱⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣾⠏⠉⠁⠀⢀⡠⠞⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣄⠀⠀⠨⢿⣿⡷⠄⠸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡤⠿⡀⠈⠀⢀⣀⠤⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠹⣷⡆⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠁⠀⢀⠝⠋⠙⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢏⣴⠀⢀⡞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠚⠙⠢⡀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡏⡞⢸⡄⠨⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⡇⢸⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡖⢳⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⣷⠈⠉⢷⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⡧⣾⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡘⡆⠀⠙⣆⠀⠈⠑⠦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠞⠋⢰⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣳⣳⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠿⠶⢤⣤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠶⠆⠐⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⢏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⠚⢉⣡⣡⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣯⠇⢀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⡤⠖⣉⣀⣠⣴⠞⠋⠁⣷⠐⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⢞⠗⠁⣠⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡧⣚⠿⠛⠉⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⣿⡄⢈⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠟⠂⠁⠀⠈⠁⣀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣇⠀⠳⡑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠛⠁⠀⠀⢀⡠⠖⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⢀⠀⠰⢾⣿⡀⠀⠙⣆⠣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡠⠊⠁⠀⠀⠘⠈⣿⣧⠀⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠸⡿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⡀⠀⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠼⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠃⠀⢄⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡤⠤⠴⢲⠃⠀⠀⠈⠳⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠈⢧⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠈⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⢀⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠉⠙⠒⠒⠒⠀⠐⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠴⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀⢻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠁⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡟⠛⠉⠙⠳⢦⣄⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠀⠀⢀⡴⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠸⡇⠀⠀⢸⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠁⢰⢿⠀⠀⡏⠀⠘⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠸⡏⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⡇⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⡀⡀⢸⡇⠀⡇⠀⠀⣸⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡷⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⡇⠀⠀⢰⠃⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⢸⢃⣤⣾⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⣰⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡇⣼⣿⣿⡿⠉⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠇⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢡⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠒⠛⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣸⣥⡤⠶⠒⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣭⣥⣽⣶⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Boot

Post by Boot » #701780

Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:53 pm Ekaterina is showing their true colors again.
What color are those?
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #701782

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:07 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pm One of the few joys of being a headmin is the opportunity to tell players I'm not buying it when they try and piss on my leg then suggest to me it must have been raining.
Is this the best Timberpoes quote of the term?
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pmEkat that can't see the forest for the trees, and is picking a take that doesn't just lack any nuance or bigger picture thinking, but actively rejects it in favour of an almost myopic viewing of the situation.
If you're going around pulling the same gimmick, especially one that's OOC in IC, every single round, players have every right to tear it down.
I think a key point here is that I agree and I think Vekter agrees too, as he also messaged the the pride-bandit and suggested they not turn stationwide pridening into A Thing:
Vekter wrote:I have, in the interest of fairness, left a message for the person who was painting them asking to keep them localized to a specific area if possible, as it's only really fair to give everyone room to paint whatever as long as it falls within the rules.
In my view there's nothing protected about pride graffiti per sé, and I would vote to overturn any admin note or ban that was simply "didn't want to see 'pride shit' and removed it via [valid method for removing graffiti]". If Vekter had left a note that was of the form "asked to stop removing pride flag graffiti" I'd be in favour of removing it, because it's not against the rules to remove or deface graffiti without something else changing the context.

A core part of the note is: "... decided to spraypaint "NAMBLA" on and near one of the flags ..." and a majority of the note is dedicated to this. That's the context changing part that makes it unacceptable. Where the line is crossed and where Captain Bigotry took the bait.

That the noted player is actively trying to deflect this as being an innocent South Park bit about a lookalike club getting confused with the man-boy love association, makes me wonder if the player thinks we're as dumb and innocent as Cartman was written to be in that very same episode that was in all likelyhood first aired before the player was even a sperm swimming around in his dad's balls.

On reading this appeal, my leg is getting uncomfortably wet and warm. "Oh, it must be raining!" exlaims the player. And yet the air is dry and there's not a cloud in sight. Very curious. True Internet logic.

I'd also vote against any policy ruling protecting graffiti'd pride symbology by never allowing it to be defaced or removed. LGBT+ players aren't special. They're just the same as everyone else. Which is what the entire movement stands for. Equality. And graffiti is graffiti. It can be defaced, destroyed and removed regardless of what it says. Just that when defacing it in particular, you should be careful you don't "OOPS I JUST ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED MY BIGOTRY CLUB CARD ON THE FLOOR FOR EVERYONE TO SEE" yourself in the process.

And honestly, I would actually prefer it that players not go around spraying the pride flags all over the place, every single shift, for no reason other than to trigger the bigots. Repeated grandstanding pisses off people. Pissed off people generate very annoying and very stupid ahelps. I would prefer it if we could all just coexist.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #701783

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:54 pm
Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:53 pm Ekaterina is showing their true colors again.
What color are those?
It's a saying. It means showing who you really are.
Ekaterina is without a doubt aggressively against trans and seemingly other lgbt people. Everytime someone gets slapped for being bigoted they'll be there and try and justify it

Their denial in this thread( just removing tiles guys) while ignoring the actual issue of the pedophilia implications is good example
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #701784

I can already see where this is going, so as a reminder
Misdoubtful wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:19 pm
 ! Message from: Misdoubtful & Riggle
Alriiiight, this thread is getting dangerously heated and people are really scrapping the edge of the expression of bigotry barrel themselves here, practically a stones throw away from it, honestly.

This conversation isn't going to end up going anywhere good, but that doesn't mean we can't continue to point and laugh at the bigot that this appeal is focused on.
Be nice to eachother :)
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #701785

lol. "my true colours" being opposing shitmin conduct, like I always do, or opposing shoving your political beliefs down other people's throats in the spessman game, like I always do?
Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:01 pm Ekaterina is without a doubt aggressively against trans and seemingly other lgbt people. Everytime someone gets slapped for being bigoted they'll be there and try and justify it
lol. I'm laughing out loud at how Dax makes wildest assumption and asserts it "without a doubt". I'm not against transgender people, I'm against virtue signalling and shoving your position down other players' throats. It's obnoxious.
Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:01 pm Their denial in this thread( just removing tiles guys) while ignoring the actual issue of the pedophilia implications is good example
I ignored "the actual issue" because I have nothing to say about it. Vekter handled it appropriately. What he didn't handle appropriately was what came immediately before, so that's what I chose to comment on. You'd have known this if you'd read my posts before defaming me. Admin misconduct, including potential admin misconduct is more of an issue than one guy doing something he shouldn't have and getting noted for it, that's the "actual issue".
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm
I think a key point here is that I agree and I think Vekter agrees too, as he also messaged the the pride-bandit and suggested they not turn stationwide pridening into A Thing
Vekter wrote:I have, in the interest of fairness, left a message for the person who was painting them asking to keep them localized to a specific area if possible, as it's only really fair to give everyone room to paint whatever as long as it falls within the rules.
In my view there's nothing protected about pride graffiti per sé (...) a majority of the note is dedicated to [something else].
(...)
I'd also vote against any policy ruling protecting graffiti'd pride symbology by never allowing it to be defaced or removed. LGBT+ players aren't special. They're just the same as everyone else.
Absolutely, I agree and I appreciate the clarification as to your position. As I said, I have nothing against Vekter's actions in that regard.
What I found to be questionable was the original ahelp, in which Vekter told him to stop removing this obnoxious gimmick, as if it were entitled to some special protection, whereas you made it clear that it isn't.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701786

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:26 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:12 pm also holy shit leave your FUCKING POLITICS out of a FUCKING SPACEMAN GAME
This. There's no reason to bring up transgender anything in a future where you can switch genders instantly with a potion from pink slimes or an injector from genetics.
It's unequivocally OOC in IC. Where's all the outrage about OOC in IC, like there was for "ligger"? Or does it only matter when it's the politics from the other side, Fren256?
Because sexual orientation and gender identity, just as racism, isn't inherently political; and neither are pride flags. Maybe if you knew the difference between individual and institutionalized bigotry your tiny brain would understand my position better.
Last edited by Fren256 on Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Boot

Post by Boot » #701787

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm I would prefer it if we could all just coexist.
Where's my straight pride pin then huh?
Image Image
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701789

Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:27 pm [maybe if you could read my mind to know my headcanon your tInY BRaIN would understand my position]
This isn't the flex your tINY BRaiN thinks it is.
Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:27 pm Because sexual orientation and gender identity, just as racism, isn't inherently political; and neither are pride flags.
One of the most divisive issues, that pretty clearly follows partisan lines, isn't political? lol ok
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #701790

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm I would prefer it if we could all just coexist.
There's a quirk for that too, and it gives you a little HUD which identifies you to mimes.
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:30 pm One of the most divisive issues, that pretty clearly follows partisan lines, isn't political? lol ok
There are only two genders, cis man and political.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #701791

Slightly relevant, 1000000000000000 hours in paint:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #701792

Considering his history, how did he not get banned? Lol.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701793

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:30 pm This isn't the flex your tINY BRaiN thinks it is.
Obviously because I already know you're a racist and a transphobe. And your bigoted ass is proud of it, so it simply goes over your head.
 ! Message from: Riggle
User was warned for this post.
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:30 pm One of the most divisive issues, that pretty clearly follows partisan lines, isn't political? lol ok
Cambridge Dictionary wrote: political
relating to politics

politics
the activities of the government, members of law-making organizations, or people who try to influence the way a country is governed
Do you need the definition of institution and individual as well?
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701794

the dictionary wrote:politics: the activities associated with the governance of a country or area, especially the debate between parties having power.
Two can play at the game of finding definitions favourable to our points. It was dumb of you to try to use that as some sort of "gotcha".
Fren256 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm Obviously because I already know you're a racist and a transphobe.
Being obnoxious about pushing your position doesn't help your cause, on the contrary, and assuming that everyone who isn't equally obnoxious is diametrically opposed to you not only doesn't help it, it hinders it. All you achieve by making these dumb assumptions about people who oppose virtue signalling is to push people away and into the arms of people who are actually those things. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you were the real pipeline all along. You also make the term meaningless. "Everyone to the right of Mao is a fascist" is what you sound like.

Racism isn't determined by how hard you virtue signal, but by whether you actually discriminate based on race or not.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #701795

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:58 pm Being obnoxious about pushing your position doesn't help your cause.
lol
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #701796

Man, I can't even find this funny anymore, what a let down.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #701797

If they have any other colors I'm yet to see them.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #701798

Is that an American thing? 'cos I've never been discriminated against or beaten up for being straight, the notion of being proud of it sounds alien to me.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701800

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:12 pm also holy shit leave your FUCKING POLITICS out of a FUCKING SPACEMAN GAME
I'm going to crumbls you into a small paper ball
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701801

F4eaXbLbUAA0kRw.png
Also we should add awesome lgbt graffiti to posters to make people mald more. Herr js my suggestion
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701802

If all graffiti/redecoration is really taken into the same category (as long as it doesn't break any actual rules) then what's wrong with pride flags being painted across the station for several rounds in a row?

Do people who spray "yiff in hell" outside sec, redecorate hallways or the bar for several rounds in a row get bonked for it now?

Some time ago I would play a gimmick of a mute character who would redecorate entire sections of the station into pianos, changing the tiles into b/w notes and other details.

Iirc a few times I did it several rounds in a row, yet, even tho some people didn't like it and started removing the tiles, I didn't get bwoinked for it. Should I have gotten bwoinked for it? I'm confused if this is the case because I was not obstructing, nor being a dick to anyone with this.
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm And honestly, I would actually prefer it that players not go around spraying the pride flags all over the place, every single shift, for no reason other than to trigger the bigots. Repeated grandstanding pisses off people. Pissed off people generate very annoying and very stupid ahelps. I would prefer it if we could all just coexist.
I disagree with you Timber, I find this take about needing "to coexist" in this particular case to be just nonsense. Unless I'm missunderstanding you (hope this is the case)

Coexist with who? With the bigots? If they have enough self-restraint to not show their true colors then it's all good. If they get triggered by some harmless colors, then it means they were a time bomb, ticking louder with time passing, that needed to be defused. Why limit players for their sake? Why are we suddenly worrying about "triggering the bigots"?

Like what's even the fucking problem? I don't really get it, let people redecorate all they want, and let people remove it all if they want to too. This was an IC issue until the bigot wrote that stupid acronym. Only then should've vekter interceded with the bwoinks, not before.

Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #701803

This. There's no reason to bring up transgender anything in a future where you can switch genders instantly with a potion from pink slimes or an injector from genetics.

You don't stop being transgender because the process of transitioning become easier though.
► Show Spoiler
Boot

Post by Boot » #701804

Somepan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:41 pm

You don't stop being transgender because the process of transitioning become easier though.
I thought the whole idea was that the gender dysphoria would go away if one could just take a pill and flip to the "correct" sex. Isn't that why sex change surgery is a thing?
Image Image
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701806

Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:49 pm

I thought the whole idea was that the gender dysphoria would go away if one could just take a pill and flip to the "correct" sex. Isn't that why sex change surgery is a thing?
holy shit you dont know anything about trans people
Boot

Post by Boot » #701807

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:00 pm
Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:49 pm

holy shit you dont know anything about trans people
If you could just get a genie to fix the incongruity between what you think you ought to be and what your body biologically is then how would you still be trans? Like wouldn't you just be cis at that point?
Image Image
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #701808

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:10 am shoulda been permabanned when he disclosed he had watched south park in the last week
he's just got that SICK and TWISTED south park humour man cmon
Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:06 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:41 am what is with these mfs and opening thesis level admin complaints cus they were told to stop being a jackass
WHADDYA MEAN "THESE" MFS DENDY

ARE YOU IMPLYING SOMETHING

INSINUATING PERHAPS
oh i'm sayin it
Last edited by dendydoom on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #701809

im not gonna argue with you
just read this https://genderdysphoria.fyi/
Boot

Post by Boot » #701813

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:09 pm im not gonna argue with you
This is kinda a funny meme because it kinda implies that transgender is just a social illness not born out in anything other then what is pushed on them by society.

Like by this sites reasoning someone in a vacuum couldn't be trans because they would have no gender expectations to feel a disconnect with.
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #701816

Agux909 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm And honestly, I would actually prefer it that players not go around spraying the pride flags all over the place, every single shift, for no reason other than to trigger the bigots. Repeated grandstanding pisses off people. Pissed off people generate very annoying and very stupid ahelps. I would prefer it if we could all just coexist.
I disagree with you Timber, I find this take about needing "to coexist" in this particular case to be just nonsense. Unless I'm missunderstanding you (hope this is the case)

Coexist with who? With the bigots? If they have enough self-restraint to not show their true colors then it's all good ...
All of us. Everyone coexisting with everyone else playing the game or participating in the community together. I'd like to think that's not a controversial take.
Agux909 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm ... If they get triggered by some harmless colors, then it means they were a time bomb, ticking louder with time passing, that needed to be defused. Why limit players for their sake? Why are we suddenly worrying about "triggering the bigots"?
The larger deal is that one person spray paints a pride motif everywhere. And someone else defaces it or covers it up with some sort of other flag, like a cis flag. Or a thin blue line. Or graffitis over it. Or just deletes it. Now the trigger-er becomes the trigger-ee. It's a microcosm of everything I hate about culture war bullshit.

The colours are harmless, removing them should also be harmless, defacing them should be harmless. And it is, all up until someone feels harmed and makes an issue out of it. Part of stuff being discussed here was the fact Vekter asked him to stop removing the harmless colours. There is no point discussing the merits of this initial call, because discussion around it is toxic as shit the only winning move is not to play.

This appeal may have played out very differently if the young child appealing before us today just had a modicm of self-restraint and just stuck to removing and generic graffiti instead of the NAMBLA arc.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701818

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:50 pm
Agux909 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Coexist with who? With the bigots? If they have enough self-restraint to not show their true colors then it's all good. If they get triggered by some harmless colors, then it means they were a time bomb, ticking louder with time passing, that needed to be defused. Why limit players for their sake? Why are we suddenly worrying about "triggering the bigots"?
All of us. Everyone coexisting with everyone else playing the game or participating in the community together. I'd like to think that's not a controversial take.
Course not Timber, this would be the ideal and you know I don't mean otherwise. If that's what YOU meant then I agree we should all try to coexist to the best of our ability.

Is it a controvertial take to say bigoted opinions don't matter at all though? If you get a rise out of a bigot, is it really YOUR fault?
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:50 pm This appeal may have played out very differently if the young child appealing before us today just had a modicm of self-restraint and just stuck to removing and generic graffiti instead of the NAMBLA arc.
So true.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #701819

Some people interpret painting the station in colours as less an expression of pride, and more as just attention seeking. And they will give these people attention. Often with a bit of trolling.

And that invariably turns into an admin issue.

And admin issues over Rule 11 turn into headmin issues.

And any balanced, centrist or nuanced take like "You can paint pride all over the station and in public areas, but anyone else can get rid of it in the same way. No, that's not actually against the rules to just get rid of all your flags any more than it was for you to paint the things in the first place" risks being called bigoted itself because you're not actively protecting the outcome of priders priding across the station.

When I start to care is when you replace or deface things that were once there to create a new bigoted piece of art in place. Upending a swastika of tiles in the middle of a flag, or in this case scribbling NAMBLA over it (which would get you administrative attention even done in a vacuum) tend to be where players start losing access to game servers.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #701820

Gender dysphoria is about being unsure or uncomfortable dissatisfaction with one’s gender. The dysphoria can manifest in a ton of different ways, like body dysphoria where you feel like you have the wrong genitalia. Or it could simply be entirely socially, maybe you simply want to be seen as a man/woman, i.e. gender expectations. Most commonly it’s both of these at the same time.

Gender dysphoria is kind of a misnomer in a sense, since it encapsulates a lot of differing dysphoria. The two dysphorias I listed hardly scratch the surface- the site actually lists about 10 differing types of dysphoria. You can also have all of these dysphorias and not have gender dysphoria.
Boot wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:30 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:09 pm im not gonna argue with you
This is kinda a funny meme because it kinda implies that transgender is just a social illness not born out in anything other then what is pushed on them by society.

Like by this sites reasoning someone in a vacuum couldn't be trans because they would have no gender expectations to feel a disconnect with.
You’re actually partially right. For some folks a lot of the dysphoria is social expectations. For others it’s more physical, like body dysphoria. It’s entirely true that some folks would not transition if there were no social expectations. Some being the key word, since folks feel gender dysphoria in different ways.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701821

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:12 pm And any balanced, centrist or nuanced take like "You can paint pride all over the station and in public areas, but anyone else can get rid of it in the same way. No, that's not actually against the rules to just get rid of all your flags any more than it was for you to paint the things in the first place" risks being called bigoted itself because you're not actively protecting the outcome of priders priding across the station.
Then we both risk this the same :b
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 pm In my view there's nothing protected about pride graffiti per sé, and I would vote to overturn any admin note or ban that was simply "didn't want to see 'pride shit' and removed it via [valid method for removing graffiti]". If Vekter had left a note that was of the form "asked to stop removing pride flag graffiti" I'd be in favour of removing it, because it's not against the rules to remove or deface graffiti without something else changing the context.
That being said, I was just taken aback by Vekter bwoinking whoever was redecorating, but given what's been said, he was just doing his best at deescalating a situation that would potentially degrade into something admins usually don't want to deal with. And that's fine and understandable
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:12 pm When I start to care is when you replace or deface things that were once there to create a new bigoted piece of art in place. Upending a swastika of tiles in the middle of a flag, or in this case scribbling NAMBLA over it (which would get you administrative attention even done in a vacuum) tend to be where players start losing access to game servers.
Again hard agree, obviously.

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #701823

me when the forums turn into polcon
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #701824

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:52 am
Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:49 am
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:37 am
Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:31 am
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:24 am Bruh, did this guy really get bwoinked for removing graffiti? Did I get this right?
No he didn't and no you didn't.
But he got bwoinked for removing floor tiles, how is that any better?
I don't know if you're trying to do a bit right now but the only admin action which was taken and recorded was for augmenting trans flags by adding the phrase "North American Man/Boy Love Association" to them.
Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:04 am From Ticket #12 during round 213445 on Manuel:

2023-08-27 01:37:27: Ticket Opened by vekter: Hey, quick question. Someone noted that you'd been going around destroying someone else's pride flag artwork the last few rounds. Is there a specific reason for that?
2023-08-27 01:38:13: Reply from jonathonhills: i was told to remove them from the ground by the CMO. I am just tryting to find ways to clean the paint up
2023-08-27 01:38:48: Reply from vekter: Gotcha, the CMO is the other person I'm talking to. Just leave it be for now, please. It's not hurting anyone.
2023-08-27 01:49:27: Resolved by Vekter
He wasn't punished for removing tiles but he was told to stop. That is "admin action".

I also just noticed something: "pride flag artwork the last few rounds"
The real question is: why is this bozo "artist" repeating the same gimmick several rounds in a row?
Its one guy who has been doing it all week.
just spamming flags everywhere all rounds everytime as an engineer its cringe
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701828

Okay, because this thread is quickly speeding towards a brick fucking wall, let me try to pull it back on the rails for a moment.

1) The player who was painting pride flags all over the station noted to me that two specific players had been removing it over the last few rounds. By itself, removing the graffiti isn't a huge deal. It can be painted back over and it's mostly an IC issue. The problem came when someone had been doing it multiple times, which (to me) reeks of "I don't want your LGBT pride shit in my game". I determined it would probably be a good idea to talk to these people and find out why they're doing it. Turns out the CMO failed the vibe check, explicitly stating that he thought the flags were inappropriate as "there could be children playing". I could have just told him "we don't allow anyone under 18" and left it at that, but that legitimizes his bullshit about LGBT+ stuff being inappropriate for kids because it's inherently sexual (it's not) and I told him to knock it off. I'm not against posting the ticket itself but I'll save that for if he appeals the note he got.

2) Had the CMO just said "I don't want graffiti near or in my department" or "it's graffiti, I'm just cleaning it up", I probably would have been suspicious but had nothing to act on - there's zero rules against removing graffiti and unless it was clear it was being done to harass the person or for bigoted reasons, there's no reason for me to proceed further. It's an IC issue. The only reason I acted administratively was because the reason I was given was explicitly bigoted.

3) As I specified in the appeal, I did leave a message for the person who was painting the station to stick to smaller areas of the station at once, like a single hallway, instead of painting like all of a single tram dock on Tramstation. This isn't some kind of attempt to 1984 pride flag paintings, by all fucking means, gay it up, I'm 100% in your corner. It's an attempt to be fair to other people who want to do art projects. Any project that was similar but wasn't LGBT+ focused would get the same request.

4) Quit responding to people who are very clearly baiting you. It's not hard to tell who's just trying to stir shit in this thread. You can go to someone's profile and click "Add Foe" to make it so their posts are automatically hidden unless you click "Display this post", kinda like how Discord blocks work.

5) For all the dumbassery and dickwaving in this thread, the only thing I'll entertain is this - LGBT+ matters are not political in nature. Someone's orientation or identity is not a political statement. Stop making it one.
Last edited by Vekter on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #701829

it was already ruled an IC issue when all they were doing was removing what they saw as graffiti. what caused admin intervention is that they explained in ahelps that they were acting on the fact that they don't like what the flags represent and that the "counter-graffiti" they wrote was bigoted. when you combine the 2 of these you get a motive that points toward not only being a dick but being a dick in an intolerant way. no one really had an issue with someone removing floor tiles to clean graffiti from a public area of the station.
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701830

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:19 pm it was already ruled an IC issue when all they were doing was removing what they saw as graffiti. what caused admin intervention is that they explained in ahelps that they were acting on the fact that they don't like what the flags represent and that the "counter-graffiti" they wrote was bigoted. when you combine the 2 of these you get a motive that points toward not only being a dick but being a dick in an intolerant way. no one really had an issue with someone removing floor tiles to clean graffiti from a public area of the station.
Worth noting that I think you're conflating two different situations - the CMO is the one who gave me a bigoted reason for removing it. The Assistant (the guy who appealed) did not, he was the one who wrote "NAMBLA" over it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #701832

Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:21 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:19 pm it was already ruled an IC issue when all they were doing was removing what they saw as graffiti. what caused admin intervention is that they explained in ahelps that they were acting on the fact that they don't like what the flags represent and that the "counter-graffiti" they wrote was bigoted. when you combine the 2 of these you get a motive that points toward not only being a dick but being a dick in an intolerant way. no one really had an issue with someone removing floor tiles to clean graffiti from a public area of the station.
Worth noting that I think you're conflating two different situations - the CMO is the one who gave me a bigoted reason for removing it. The Assistant (the guy who appealed) did not, he was the one who wrote "NAMBLA" over it.
two of them?

thanks for clearing that up i was able to pry myself away from armored core 6 long enough to skim all the context but not long enough to not fuck up explaining it
NSFW:
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #701835

right here
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #701836

TypicalRig wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:31 pm
right here
What did clowns do to deserve this comparison
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701837

Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:01 pm
What color are those?
Ekaterina is without a doubt aggressively against trans and seemingly other lgbt people. Everytime someone gets slapped for being bigoted they'll be there and try and justify it
the absolute state of this disgusting fucking world where just because you try to argue a fucking point you are branded as a racist nazi bigot.

literal npc

posts like these are the reason i dont fucking open my mouth when it comes to this stupid ass shit. i'm literally ashamed to live in the same world as people who think like this.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701838

kieth4 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:45 pm me when the forums turn into polcon
i've been trying to get everyone into starsector for years now
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #701840

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 pm
What color are those?
the absolute state of this disgusting fucking world where just because you try to argue a fucking point you are branded as a racist nazi bigot.

literal npc

posts like these are the reason i dont fucking open my mouth when it comes to this stupid ass shit. i'm literally ashamed to live in the same world as people who think like this.
Where have you been the last 7 years
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #701841

Featherfield wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:46 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:52 am He wasn't punished for removing tiles but he was told to stop. That is "admin action".

I also just noticed something: "pride flag artwork the last few rounds"
The real question is: why is this bozo "artist" repeating the same gimmick several rounds in a row?
Its one guy who has been doing it all week.
just spamming flags everywhere all rounds everytime as an engineer its cringe
They’ve been doing it for longer then most likely because an engineer was doing this a few weeks back multiple rounds on end.

I didn’t know whether to mention it in OOC/end of round chat because it was to the point that the guy was covering other people’s art projects. They even made all four decks of the north star’s primary hallways all into trans pride flags.

It honestly felt like bait, like how some people will randomly post “‘x’ character says trans rights” or randomly saying “trans rights are human rights/trans lives matter” in the middle of a discussion out of the blue to try and get a reaction then claim moral superiority when people get annoyed.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #701843

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 pm
What color are those?

literal npc

Where did I say they were racist or a Nazi? Little bit of a Godwin hyperbole there
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #701846

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:24 am Bruh, did this guy really get bwoinked for removing graffiti? Did I get this right?
I had the same gut reaction but not exactly.

The cmo asked/ordered them to remove it and the cmo made the (fortunately for us) mistake of admitting to the admins they were removing it for ooc bigoted reasons.

Sometimes when admins action players for doing ooc things they have to nullify orders made under ooc justifications. I once had to tell a security officer to release somebody they were specifically ordered to arrest because the hos was metacomming with a person the prisoner killed. It would not be a fair assessment to say that the security officer was bwoinked for arresting somebody. They just got told to ignore an order.

Dax Dupont wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:45 pm Where did I say they were racist or a Nazi? Little bit of a Godwin hyperbole there
Take this post:
kendrick is mad that somebody arguing the point around admin action is transposed to mean they are bigoted. I agree with them on this point. In this case there is no naziism or racism behind the note but if there were you would have said the same thing. They were speaking both to this specific instance and the general trend.

as an aside, given the metacoms notes, i kinda want to know why these two were only banned for a week and not permabanned for metacoms back in 2020. They are failing my vibe check, which is hard to do. Maybe dom had covid or something and it impaired their judgement?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: