Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Post by Archie700 » #701689

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: Anti-Woke Clown Silenced For Free Speech

Post by Fikou » #701690

I see where the confusion comes from looking back but I wrote this as a reference to the south park joke (north american martin brando lookalike association).
can we permaban people for lying in ban appeals
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #701691

Listen bro I wasn't referencing the pedo group I was just BAITING people into thinking I was referencing the pedo group, it's a whole thing man educate yourself.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #701692

Schrödinger's Asshole
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #701693

Alternate Title: Clown Prosecuted For Being A Martin Brando Fan.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: Clown Prosecuted For Being A Martin Brando Fan.

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #701696

Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:58 am Alternate Title: Clown Prosecuted For Being A Martin Brando Fan.
This is a much better title.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701699

I didn't even ban him. I probably could have, but I didn't.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #701700

Vekter is a tempered soul, the restraint it takes to lightly note someone vandalizing trans flags with "NAMBLA" is immense.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701702

They're not even using dogwhistles anymore.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #701705

Man, what a character.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701708

Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:41 am Vekter is a tempered soul, the restraint it takes to lightly note someone vandalizing trans flags with "NAMBLA" is immense.
Do you know why so few of my bans get overturned?

I don't tend to pull the trigger unless I'm confident I can build a case where it won't be challenged.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #701709

Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:04 am
Cheshify wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:41 am Vekter is a tempered soul, the restraint it takes to lightly note someone vandalizing trans flags with "NAMBLA" is immense.

I don't tend to pull the trigger unless I'm confident I can build a case where it won't be challenged.
I don’t suspect there’d be a whole lot of people pushing to get a ban like that lifted.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #701710

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:24 am
Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:04 am

I don’t suspect there’d be a whole lot of people pushing to get a ban like that lifted.
There'll be SOME.
Bugstep
Byond Username: Bugstep

Post by Bugstep » #701711

ridiculously weak, unconfident ruling. a medium note for behavior that's one step removed from going and spraypainting "tranny" on the floor. this should've been a dayban to give the kid some time to think about his actions on his last sunday off before school starts again. what's the point of rule 11 if it doesn't get enforced? if we didn't have r11, this would probably be the same ruling under rule 1, especially considering this is on fucking manuel of all places.
Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:04 am I don't tend to pull the trigger unless I'm confident I can build a case where it won't be challenged.
but your case did get challenged, and even though there was essentially nothing on the line, you capitulated.

Weak.
(that's me in the winter coat and cargo beret.)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #701715

14 replies to the post and both OP and everyone here except for CMDR_Gungnir is a member of staff. Damn Player's Club we doin' some kidnapping.

On-topic:
Fikou wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:53 am
I see where the confusion comes from looking back but I wrote this as a reference to the south park joke (north american martin brando lookalike association).
can we permaban people for lying in ban appeals
Yes please. The South Park thing is IMO enough to cause double jeopardy.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #701716

conrad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:16 am 14 replies to the post and both OP and everyone here except for CMDR_Gungnir is a member of staff. Damn Player's Club we doin' some kidnapping.
I can't believe Fren is now an AO.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #701718

conrad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:16 am 14 replies to the post and both OP and everyone here except for CMDR_Gungnir is a member of staff. Damn Player's Club we doin' some kidnapping.
Reading my full c-key like that sent a wave of dread through my very soul that the bwoink sound could only ever dream of.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #701719

what is with these mfs and opening thesis level admin complaints cus they were told to stop being a jackass
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701720

conrad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:16 am 14 replies to the post and both OP and everyone here except for CMDR_Gungnir is a member of staff.
Sometimes I want to say something but it feels like the peanut thread is already an admin dog-pile. Maybe its just 'cause we usually are aware of appeals/complaints before the average player's club enjoyer?

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #701723

Bugstep wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:46 am
Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:04 am I don't tend to pull the trigger unless I'm confident I can build a case where it won't be challenged.
but your case did get challenged, and even though there was essentially nothing on the line, you capitulated.

Weak.
I think it works as it is as well, but let's not jump down vekter's throat for showing leniency. Trust he had the right mindset.

Because, if it were me, I know this guy would not be coming back. Not for a year, at least, and with a reference of good conduct from a server not run by bigots.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #701724

Sightld2 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:47 am
conrad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:16 am 14 replies to the post and both OP and everyone here except for CMDR_Gungnir is a member of staff.
Sometimes I want to say something but it feels like the peanut thread is already an admin dog-pile. Maybe its just 'cause we usually are aware of appeals/complaints before the average player's club enjoyer?
I prefer to believe that we're players.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #701725

shoulda been permabanned when he disclosed he had watched south park in the last week
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #701734

Bruh, did this guy really get bwoinked for removing graffiti? Did I get this right? Vekter's really stepping up his shitmin game, then.

Turns out it wasn't graffiti, they were floor tiles, but why the hell are admins even getting involved with players choosing to redecorate the station in non-harmful manners? It's an IC issue or a non-issue.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #701735

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:24 am Bruh, did this guy really get bwoinked for removing graffiti? Did I get this right?
No he didn't and no you didn't.
This one is weak, instead of providing a stupid opinion you instead simply decided to rp as someone who can't read.
Standards are dropping. 2/10
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701736

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:31 am
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:24 am Bruh, did this guy really get bwoinked for removing graffiti? Did I get this right?
But he got bwoinked for removing floor tiles, how is that any better?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #701738

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:37 am
I don't know if you're trying to do a bit right now but the only admin action which was taken and recorded was for augmenting trans flags by adding the phrase "North American Man/Boy Love Association" to them.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701739

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:49 am
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:37 am
I don't know if you're trying to do a bit right now but the only admin action which was taken and recorded was for augmenting trans flags by adding the phrase "North American Man/Boy Love Association" to them.
Vekter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:04 am From Ticket #12 during round 213445 on Manuel:

2023-08-27 01:37:27: Ticket Opened by vekter: Hey, quick question. Someone noted that you'd been going around destroying someone else's pride flag artwork the last few rounds. Is there a specific reason for that?
2023-08-27 01:38:13: Reply from jonathonhills: i was told to remove them from the ground by the CMO. I am just tryting to find ways to clean the paint up
2023-08-27 01:38:48: Reply from vekter: Gotcha, the CMO is the other person I'm talking to. Just leave it be for now, please. It's not hurting anyone.
2023-08-27 01:49:27: Resolved by Vekter
He wasn't punished for removing tiles but he was told to stop. That is "admin action".

I also just noticed something: "pride flag artwork the last few rounds"
The real question is: why is this bozo "artist" repeating the same gimmick several rounds in a row?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #701740

My only issue is a player getting in trouble for removing someone else’s artwork and someone doing the same gimmick multiple times in a row.

I remember a few weeks back one of the only engineers was fucking about spraying all the hallways to be trans flag and I asked him over the radio if he could stop spraying all the halls to be pride flags for five seconds to do his job and fix something to which 80% of the server started spamming “TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS” in general comms in response for 30+ seconds.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701741

dendydoom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:41 am what is with these mfs and opening thesis level admin complaints cus they were told to stop being a jackass
WHADDYA MEAN "THESE" MFS DENDY

ARE YOU IMPLYING SOMETHING

INSINUATING PERHAPS
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701742

Archie700 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:47 am viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34826
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34827

THE TRUTH MUST BE SET FREE
7/10 thread title

not bad, not very original
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701743

also holy shit leave your FUCKING POLITICS out of a FUCKING SPACEMAN GAME
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701745

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:12 pm also holy shit leave your FUCKING POLITICS out of a FUCKING SPACEMAN GAME
This. There's no reason to bring up transgender anything in a future where you can switch genders instantly with a potion from pink slimes or an injector from genetics.
It's unequivocally OOC in IC. Where's all the outrage about OOC in IC, like there was for "ligger"? Or does it only matter when it's the politics from the other side, Fren256?
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #701746

im going to start sneakily using admin tools to put trans flags in random places on the map to make forumposters mad
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701747

nianjiilical wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:34 pm im going to start sneakily using admin tools to put trans flags in random places on the map to make forumposters mad
"I'm going to abuse my powers, break the OOC in IC rules, just to make people I don't like mad"
Are you all talk? If not, how have you not been deadminned?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #701748

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:26 pm It's unequivocally OOC in IC. Where's all the outrage about OOC in IC, like there was for "ligger"? Or does it only matter when it's the politics from the other side, Fren256?
Everyone can get pride pins, dipshit, they came free with your fucking quirk choices.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701749

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:36 pm
ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:26 pm It's unequivocally OOC in IC. Where's all the outrage about OOC in IC, like there was for "ligger"? Or does it only matter when it's the politics from the other side, Fren256?
Everyone can get pride pins, dipshit, they came free with your fucking quirk choices.
What does that have to do with what I said, dumbass? The nerve to call me a dipshit after missing my whole point...
They're just more of the OOC in IC I'm describing, they don't change anything about what I said.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #701750

⡏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⣉⣩⣭⣉⣉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⢁⣀⠀⣀⡈⠙⢢⡀⠀⠒⠒⠂⣀⡤⠖⠒⠒⠒⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠏⠀⢰⣿⣿⡿⠛⠃⠀⠀⣹⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⢰⣶⣤⣀⠀⠱⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣾⠏⠉⠁⠀⢀⡠⠞⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣄⠀⠀⠨⢿⣿⡷⠄⠸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡤⠿⡀⠈⠀⢀⣀⠤⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠹⣷⡆⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠁⠀⢀⠝⠋⠙⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢏⣴⠀⢀⡞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠚⠙⠢⡀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡏⡞⢸⡄⠨⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⡇⢸⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡖⢳⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⣷⠈⠉⢷⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⡧⣾⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡘⡆⠀⠙⣆⠀⠈⠑⠦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠞⠋⢰⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣳⣳⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠿⠶⢤⣤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠶⠆⠐⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⢏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⠚⢉⣡⣡⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣯⠇⢀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⡤⠖⣉⣀⣠⣴⠞⠋⠁⣷⠐⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⢞⠗⠁⣠⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡧⣚⠿⠛⠉⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⣿⡄⢈⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠟⠂⠁⠀⠈⠁⣀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣇⠀⠳⡑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠛⠁⠀⠀⢀⡠⠖⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⢀⠀⠰⢾⣿⡀⠀⠙⣆⠣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡠⠊⠁⠀⠀⠘⠈⣿⣧⠀⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠸⡿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⡀⠀⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠼⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠃⠀⢄⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡤⠤⠴⢲⠃⠀⠀⠈⠳⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠈⢧⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠈⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⢀⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠉⠙⠒⠒⠒⠀⠐⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠴⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀⢻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠁⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡟⠛⠉⠙⠳⢦⣄⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠀⠀⢀⡴⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠸⡇⠀⠀⢸⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠁⢰⢿⠀⠀⡏⠀⠘⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠸⡏⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⡇⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⡀⡀⢸⡇⠀⡇⠀⠀⣸⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡷⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⡇⠀⠀⢰⠃⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⢸⢃⣤⣾⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⣰⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡇⣼⣿⣿⡿⠉⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠇⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢡⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠒⠛⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣸⣥⡤⠶⠒⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣭⣥⣽⣶⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #701751

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #701752

Bigotry doesnt exist in 25xx but trans people and pride still exists. Its dumb for someone to keep spraying flags every round and I’m glad Vekter told them to at least localize it but its even dumber to spraypaint nambla on a trans flag
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701753

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:31 am you instead simply decided to rp as someone who can't read.
Note wrote: Rule 11: Was asked to stop intentionally removing trans pride flag grafitti after the CMO ordered him to do so (see notes on Thesaintofkc for context). Instead decided to spraypaint "NAMBLA" on and near one of the flags, insinuating that trans people are pedophiles. When asked not to spraypaint bigoted crap on or near the flags, said he couldn't promise he wouldn't spraypaint on them because they were "on about half the station tiles" (they aren't).
Actually, you are the one who can't read. It was Vekter's own words that led me to what I thought earlier, in the form of the ban note.
TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:42 pm trans people (...) still exists
Walk over to xenobio and drink the gender swap potion. Bam, not transgender anymore, but rather your desired gender. When it's this easy, why would transgender people still exist?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #701754

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:31 am you instead simply decided to rp as someone who can't read.
Note wrote: Rule 11: Was asked to stop intentionally removing trans pride flag grafitti after the CMO ordered him to do so (see notes on Thesaintofkc for context). Instead decided to spraypaint "NAMBLA" on and near one of the flags, insinuating that trans people are pedophiles. When asked not to spraypaint bigoted crap on or near the flags, said he couldn't promise he wouldn't spraypaint on them because they were "on about half the station tiles" (they aren't).
Actually, you are the one who can't read. It was Vekter's own words that led me to what I thought earlier, in the form of the ban note.
Walk over to xenobio and drink the gender swap potion. Bam, not transgender anymore, but rather your desired gender. When it's this easy, why would transgender people still exist?
Slime cores and their associated products are actually quite rare and highly classified nanotrasen data, its a high-risk item on the wiki so the assumption is that Nanotrasen isnt handing it out to its employees.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #701755

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:35 pm
nianjiilical wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:34 pm im going to start sneakily using admin tools to put trans flags in random places on the map to make forumposters mad
"I'm going to abuse my powers, break the OOC in IC rules, just to make people I don't like mad"
Are you all talk? If not, how have you not been deadminned?
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701756

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:50 pm
Ekaterina wrote:
Slime cores and their associated products are actually quite rare and highly classified nanotrasen data, its a high-risk item on the wiki so the assumption is that Nanotrasen isnt handing it out to its employees.
A reasonable reply, but it doesn't account for two other easy methods.
1. the Polina method: genetics injectors can easily change you into a person of the opposite gender (either an existing person or a new person created from a monkey),
2. the roboticist method: brain transplants can put you into a new body, which is easy to create since all you have to do is water a monkey cube and give it mutadone.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #701757

What the fuck am I even reading in this peanut.

Admin attacking Vekter for sensibly handling an obvious bigot. Sensibly handling by giving them just enough rope to climb out of the well, hoping they don't accidentally kill themselves with it instead.

Ekat that can't see the forest for the trees, and is picking a take that doesn't just lack any nuance or bigger picture thinking, but actively rejects it in favour of an almost myopic viewing of the situation.

One of the few joys of being a headmin is the opportunity to tell players I'm not buying it when they try and piss on my leg then suggest to me it must have been raining.

If it looks like a bigot, acts like a bigot, sounds like a bigot and when shot doesn't bleed but instead deflects the bullet like a bigot? I think I have every right to act like they a bigot.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #701759

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pm What the fuck am I even reading in this peanut.
Typical sunday in player's club, whats up?
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #701760

ekaterina wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:50 pm
Ekaterina wrote:
A reasonable reply, but it doesn't account for two other easy methods.
1. genetics injectors that can easily change you into a person of the opposite gender (either an existing person or a new person created from a monkey),
2. brain transplants that can put you into a new body, which is easy to create since all you have to do is water a monkey cube and give it mutadone.
1. genetics, it changes you into another person fully which I imagine a lot of people wouldnt want. The technology for these types of genetics mutators are very likely to be highly unaffordable considering how small the genetics department is on massive stations, and genetics is a field dominated by interdyne, a non nanotrasen corporation. There is also the relativly recent cloning scandal so its very likely that people won't be trusting Interdyne or any genetic technologies for the forseeable future.

2. Brain transplants are still a pretty extensive surgery and I can imagine that most people would rather be in their own body but modified rather than a fully new one (not my place to say though since I ain't trans). Monkey cubes are available through cargo orders but mutadone isnt and may require legitimate perscriptions to acquire and as I mentioned before people are unlikely to trust genetic technologies and medicine of genetic nature due to the previously mentioned cloning incident.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #701763

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pm One of the few joys of being a headmin is the opportunity to tell players I'm not buying it when they try and piss on my leg then suggest to me it must have been raining.
Is this the best Timberpoes quote of the term?
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 pmEkat that can't see the forest for the trees, and is picking a take that doesn't just lack any nuance or bigger picture thinking, but actively rejects it in favour of an almost myopic viewing of the situation.
If you're going around pulling the same gimmick, especially one that's OOC in IC, every single round, players have every right to tear it down.

If you're referring to me not commenting on the stuff he allegedly sprayed over the flags, it's because I have nothing to add when it comes to that part of the appeal. If he really did intend to slander all transgender people as pedophiles FNR, Vekter acted appropriately in that regard.
TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:03 pm 1. genetics, it changes you into another person fully which I imagine a lot of people wouldnt want. The technology for these types of genetics mutators are very likely to be highly unaffordable considering how small the genetics department is on massive stations, and genetics is a field dominated by interdyne, a non nanotrasen corporation. There is also the relativly recent cloning scandal so its very likely that people won't be trusting Interdyne or any genetic technologies for the forseeable future.

2. Brain transplants are still a pretty extensive surgery and I can imagine that most people would rather be in their own body but modified rather than a fully new one (not my place to say though since I ain't trans). Monkey cubes are available through cargo orders but mutadone isnt and may require legitimate perscriptions to acquire and as I mentioned before people are unlikely to trust genetic technologies and medicine of genetic nature due to the previously mentioned cloning incident.
Considering the borderline desperation that is associated with gender dysphoria, I imagine many would indeed prefer to be in a different body of the opposite gender than their own body of the wrong gender. Of course it would be preferable to be in your own modified body but as you just demonstrated that is not always possible.

You do make a reasonable case, however, that, while some people would go for these options, there could still be others that don't.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #701765

And furthermore, I think even going through those procedures, or the potion, or whatever. It Would still be an experience that one could be proud of having done and/or struggled with. They could still relate to and share their experiences with those who went through the same things.

TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #701771

Bugstep wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:46 am ridiculously weak, unconfident ruling. a medium note for behavior that's one step removed from going and spraypainting "tranny" on the floor. this should've been a dayban to give the kid some time to think about his actions on his last sunday off before school starts again. what's the point of rule 11 if it doesn't get enforced? if we didn't have r11, this would probably be the same ruling under rule 1, especially considering this is on fucking manuel of all places.

Weak.
I'd argue this addition to the note would actually work to the appealer's disadvantage, because that addition to the note is a subtle sign to admins saying that he already has a history of using terrible lies in PMs. A note for transphobia is already bad on its own, but a tidbit saying they justified their excuse with some shoddy reasoning instead of apologizing and promising not to do it again is far worse.

also please bring sinful back I want to see his unmedicated post on this
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #701774

I dunno, I just think this one was handled appropriately.

It's reasonable that this guy could have watched that particular episode of south park a week ago and thought to make that reference. But also he was incredibly stupid to do so, since even if we take EVERYTHING the clown says as fact, he was still baiting people into pedo drama, by his own admission. I don't think the anti-trans thing can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it's also highly suspicious to me, since the right wing painting trans people with that particular label is a very common and current thing. I think the clown got slapped, and deserved that slap, since at best he was drama-baiting, and at worst he's drama-baiting but also breaking rule 11. Keep and possibly maybe if you're feeling lenient edit the note more favorably if you feel like it and keep an eye on this player for likely near future rule 11 breaches, IMO.

Vekter was extremely lenient, I bet half the admin team would have at least month banned him in Vekter's shoes.