Fellas, is it 1984 to ask me to not maxcap as a non-antag?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Fellas, is it 1984 to ask me to not maxcap as a non-antag?

Post by Vekter » #702286

viewtopic.php?t=34848

This obsession with admin playtime has gotta stop; admins can understand the rules without needing to play a set number of rounds every week or two.

Also another case of players not understanding why they were banned. That or they know and is just trying to loophole it so they get unbanned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Fellas, is it 1984 to ask me to not maxcap as a non-antag?

Post by Kendrickorium » #702289

>making your own peanut thread

ZERO OUT OF TEN POINTS VEKTER

the ban was probably fair due to past noting

>This obsession with admin playtime has gotta stop; admins can understand the rules without needing to play a set number of rounds every week or two.
a king must walk among his people, vekter
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702291

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:37 pm >making your own peanut thread

IT'S NOT MY BAN YOU FUCK
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #702292

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:38 pm

IT'S NOT MY BAN YOU FUCK
kendrick's slipping, very sad
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #702296

I hate it when people prepare obnoxious things "just in case". This player should rethink how they've been playing and consider a better path for their future.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702298

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:49 pm I hate it when people prepare obnoxious things "just in case". This player should rethink how they've been playing and consider a better path for their future.
Wait, shit, we have gay text now? Let's go.

I think there's an argument to be made that it's not against the rules on LRP to make bombs, but there's some concern that it's shit to make stuff explicitly to fuck with antags before you even know there is one. The main concern though is that he blew up a sec officer as a non-antag which is a pretty easy slam dunk.
Spoiler:

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702303

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:51 pm The main concern though is that he blew up a sec officer as a non-antag which is a pretty easy slam dunk.
he said he had thrown 3 or 4 bombs onto the pirate shuttle already, and that the officer got hit by the blast radius on one of the last ones(?) when he walked towards the pirate shuttle. idk seems like a ss13 moment to me

doing this as a one-off thing is fine but if this guy is making bombs round after round then he definitely should be ass whooped. but i see no evidence that he makes bombs round after round other than the fact he bombed a Wizard and killed other people in the ‘splosion at one point.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702306

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:59 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:51 pm The main concern though is that he blew up a sec officer as a non-antag which is a pretty easy slam dunk.
he said he had thrown 3 or 4 bombs onto the pirate shuttle already, and that the officer got hit by the blast radius on one of the last ones(?) when he walked towards the pirate shuttle. idk seems like a ss13 moment to me

doing this as a one-off thing is fine but if this guy is making bombs round after round then he definitely should be ass whooped. but i see no evidence that he makes bombs round after round other than the fact he bombed a Wizard and killed other people in the ‘splosion at one point.
Apparently this isn't the only time he's fucked around with bombs as a non-antag, so there's that. I think if this had been his first time a day might've been an acceptable duration, but given he has past history, that gets escalated.
Spoiler:

iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702309

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:03 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:59 pm

Apparently this isn't the only time he's fucked around with bombs as a non-antag, so there's that. I think if this had been his first time a day might've been an acceptable duration, but given he has past history, that gets escalated.
well how long ago was this? is it more than just the wizard ‘sploding?

the subject of the ban note seems to be focused on pre-emptively preparing and valid-hunting. dont disagree on the pre-emptive part but it’s perfectly fine to Valid Hunt space pirates like that. er, the point being that the ban note doesn’t lead me to believe that he’s actually been making roundstart maxcaps that much
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #702313

The reading comprehension is phenomenal i see.Those are NOT maxcaps, those are singletank assemblies that do 2 4 6 at most.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702314

LEDDDriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:51 pm The reading comprehension is phenomenal i see.Those are NOT maxcaps, those are singletank assemblies that do 2 4 6 at most.
And he still managed to commit some friendly fire, skill issue ban.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702315

LEDDDriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:51 pm The reading comprehension is phenomenal i see.Those are NOT maxcaps, those are singletank assemblies that do 2 4 6 at most.
I know they're not but it sounds better than "is it 1984 to ask me to not 2/4/6 as a non-antag?".
Spoiler:

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #702317

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, AM GOING TO MAKE BOMBS AROUND START FOR NO REASON THEN BLOW UP ANTAGS. HE HE HE I LOVE MAKING BOMBS FOR NO REASON
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #702318

Jacquerel wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:00 pm
And he still managed to commit some friendly fire, skill issue ban.
Code issue disable friendly fire
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #702319

The obsession with being the one to frag every antag is so unbelievably cringe in a roleplaying game. Rule 4 should really empower people to create fun combat experiences or interesting scenarios while fighting antags, not just deleting every antag every round. We should never have our less restrictive LRP servers end up being more restrictive.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702322

Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:15 pm The obsession with being the one to frag every antag is so unbelievably cringe in a roleplaying game. Rule 4 should really empower people to create fun combat experiences or interesting scenarios while fighting antags, not just deleting every antag every round. We should never have our less restrictive LRP servers end up being more restrictive.
I feel like it's more an issue with a general mentality of "needing to win" than anything. We see the same thing happen with antags and murderboning on LRP.
Spoiler:

Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #702323

I think the concern is with how Arianya worded it, I think this is a pretty open-and-shut bomb fuckup case, but when valid hunting and preparation is thrown around in the ban reason it reads more like they're getting dunked for MRP reasons on Terry.

I think all that needs to be clarified is that this is about the bombing mishap, not for valid hunting.

EDIT: Right on cue misdoubtful!!
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702324

bombing pirates sounds unique. that sounds like a lot of fun to be a part of. not sure if i would want to be on the receiving end but… y’know, sometimes you just die. as long as it’s not an every round issue, i truly fail to see the reason why making bombs and using them on antags (responsibly) is an issue. let alone a ROLEPLAY issue.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702328

I'm not an admin but I thought the precedent of "you can always use bombs if you think it is appropriate but you'll take some time off if you miss" was pretty well established

Not to mention grabbing the body of the friendly you fragged away from rescue and throwing it as a weapon (extremely funny scenario)
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #702329

Jacquerel wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:37 pm I'm not an admin but I thought the precedent of "you can always use bombs if you think it is appropriate but you'll take some time off if you miss" was pretty well established

Not to mention grabbing the body of the friendly you fragged away from rescue and throwing it as a weapon (extremely funny scenario)
Its always really funny. This makes it doubly funny.
Hugs
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702336

So I think the security officer was hit by the fourth explosion. Here's a side-by-side of the combat logs + explosions. (BTW, WHY DO WE NOT LOG EXPLOSION DAMAGE????)

Code: Select all

02:44:53	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the kinetic force (NEWHP: 54.2)	(190, 49, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:44:55	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) attacked [external airlock] with the stun baton	(190, 51, 2)	Space
02:44:56	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) has thrown the stun baton	(190, 50, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:45:03 GAME Explosion with size (2, 4, 6, 6) in (Space (164,35,2)). Possible cause: the plasma tank. Last fingerprints: amazetg/(John Bald).
02:45:06 GAME Explosion with size (2, 4, 6, 6) in (Space (181,40,2)). Possible cause: the plasma tank. Last fingerprints: amazetg/(John Bald).
02:45:09	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the kinetic force (NEWHP: 34.3)	(198, 61, 2)	Space
02:45:13	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) has thrown the stun baton	(207, 60, 2)	Space
02:45:13	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) threw and hit TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 40.6)	(208, 60, 2)	Space
02:45:25	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/medicine/sal_acid (20u, 0.948227 purity)) from Brute only one patch to Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) (NEWHP: 14)	(215, 56, 2)	Space
02:45:29	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/consumable/coffee (5u, 1 purity)) from the robust coffee to [stomach]	(217, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:30	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/consumable/coffee (5u, 1 purity)) from the robust coffee to [stomach]	(217, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:31	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/consumable/coffee (5u, 1 purity)) from the robust coffee to [stomach]	(217, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:40	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) applied Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the medical gel (libital) /datum/reagent/medicine/c2/libital (24u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (36u, 1 purity) (NEWHP: 0.6)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:40	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/medicine/c2/libital (4u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (6u, 1 purity)) from the medical gel (libital) to Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) (NEWHP: 0.6)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:42 GAME Explosion with size (2, 4, 6, 6) in (Pirate Shuttle (185,42,2)). Possible cause: the plasma tank. Last fingerprints: amazetg/(John Bald).
02:45:45	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) applied Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the medical gel (libital) /datum/reagent/medicine/c2/libital (20u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (30u, 1 purity) (NEWHP: 1.5)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:45	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/medicine/c2/libital (4u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (6u, 1 purity)) from the medical gel (libital) to Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) (NEWHP: 1.5)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:49	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) applied Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the medical gel (aiuri) /datum/reagent/medicine/c2/aiuri (24u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (36u, 1 purity) (NEWHP: 3.3)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:45:49	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) transferred reagents (/datum/reagent/medicine/c2/aiuri (4u, 0.75 purity) and /datum/reagent/medicine/granibitaluri (6u, 1 purity)) from the medical gel (aiuri) to Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) (NEWHP: 3.3)	(216, 55, 2)	Space
02:46:12 GAME Explosion with size (2, 4, 6, 6) in (Pirate Shuttle (187,41,2)). Possible cause: the plasma tank. Last fingerprints: amazetg/(John Bald).
02:46:23	ATTACK	[displacement turret] fired at Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with the bolt of teleportation from Pirate Shuttle (NEWHP: -14.3)	(189, 34, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:24	ATTACK	AmazeTG/(John Bald) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) passive grab (NEWHP: -13.3)	(185, 42, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
anyways, if you're worried about the ethics of him throwing the security officer:

Seems like only the HoS and him were at the pirate ship, and the dastardly pirate was blocking arrivals, their only exit. The pirate was taking some good shots at them, with the HoS almost dying and the Appealer under heavy fire as well. he threw the sec officer's body as a last resort towards arrivals to try to hit the pirate.

Code: Select all

02:46:07	ATTACK	kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) shot TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) with the rubber shot pellet (NEWHP: 16.6)	(182, 42, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:10	ATTACK	kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) shot TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) with the rubber shot pellet (NEWHP: 14.7)	(181, 40, 2)	Space
02:46:10	ATTACK	kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) shot TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) with the rubber shot pellet (NEWHP: 14.2)	(181, 40, 2)	Space
02:46:14	ATTACK	kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) shot TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) with the rubber shot pellet (NEWHP: 13.7)	(175, 35, 2)	Space
02:46:24	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) has thrown the switchblade	(175, 44, 2)	Space
02:46:24	ATTACK	AmazeTG/(John Bald) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) passive grab (NEWHP: -13.3)	(185, 42, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:27	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) pulled from AmazeTG/(John Bald) with Unknown (NEWHP: 84.5)	(182, 44, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:27	ATTACK	kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) passive grab (NEWHP: -12.2)	(183, 43, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:29	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) has thrown the proto-kinetic accelerator	(175, 47, 2)	Space
02:46:29	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) threw and hit AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the proto-kinetic accelerator (NEWHP: 84.5)	(176, 47, 2)	Space
02:46:35	ATTACK	Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) pulled from kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) with John Bald (NEWHP: 37.6)	(190, 37, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:35	ATTACK	AmazeTG/(John Bald) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) passive grab (NEWHP: -11.3)	(189, 38, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:36	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) with the laser from Pirate Shuttle (NEWHP: 37.6)	(184, 39, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:36	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot kieth4/(Igorek Pastor) with the laser (NEWHP: 37.6)	(182, 39, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:37	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at [plating] with the laser from Pirate Shuttle	(182, 39, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:37	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at [�space] with the laser from Space	(181, 40, 2)	Space
02:46:38	ATTACK	AmazeTG/(John Bald) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -11.8)	(183, 38, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:38	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the laser from Space (NEWHP: 91)	(180, 40, 2)	Space
02:46:38	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the laser (NEWHP: 91)	(179, 41, 2)	Space
02:46:38	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the laser from Space (NEWHP: 68.5)	(179, 41, 2)	Space
02:46:39	ATTACK	AmazeTG/(John Bald) thrown Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) grab from tile in Pirate Shuttle (182,37,2) towards tile at Space (177,42,2) (NEWHP: -11.8)	(182, 37, 2)	Pirate Shuttle
02:46:39	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the laser (NEWHP: 68.5)	(178, 42, 2)	Space
02:46:39	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) fired at [dirt] with the laser from Space	(178, 42, 2)	Space
02:46:39	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) shot AmazeTG/(John Bald) with the laser (NEWHP: 51.6)	(177, 43, 2)	Space
02:46:42	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) grabbed Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) passive grab (NEWHP: -11.1)	(176, 44, 2)	Space
02:46:48	ATTACK	TypicalRig/(Coruscant Solarsalt) attacked Rex9001/(Garry Garryson) with industrial welding tool (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -12.5)	(165, 44, 2)	Space
of course, the pirate immediately grabs the sec officer and drags him off and kills him brutally, which buys the two time to collect themselves.

imo, this is a true ss13 moment.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #702339

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:30 pm bombing pirates sounds unique. that sounds like a lot of fun to be a part of. not sure if i would want to be on the receiving end but… y’know, sometimes you just die. as long as it’s not an every round issue, i truly fail to see the reason why making bombs and using them on antags (responsibly) is an issue. let alone a ROLEPLAY issue.
The issue isn’t that he made and used a bomb on an anragonist, it’s that he made them seemingly at the start of the round.

There’s a difference between gearing up when the station is going to hell vs. gearing up right at the start of the round with no justification. I’m admittedly surprised because I thought this kind of rule only existed for the MRP servers and not the LRP ones.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702341

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:27 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:30 pm bombing pirates sounds unique. that sounds like a lot of fun to be a part of. not sure if i would want to be on the receiving end but… y’know, sometimes you just die. as long as it’s not an every round issue, i truly fail to see the reason why making bombs and using them on antags (responsibly) is an issue. let alone a ROLEPLAY issue.
The issue isn’t that he made and used a bomb on an anragonist, it’s that he made them seemingly at the start of the round.

There’s a difference between gearing up when the station is going to hell vs. gearing up right at the start of the round with no justification. I’m admittedly surprised because I thought this kind of rule only existed for the MRP servers and not the LRP ones.
i agree that it's dumb that he made bombs roundstart. i was replying to chesh specifically about it being "a RolePlay Issue" but forgot to quote em whoops :P

admins can ask you not to gear up so heavily right off the bat. though it's not necessarily written in stone: it's just one of those things.

admins should be empowered to tell people to not make bombs roundstart. but what irks me is that it was a ban, and that it was mainly for "valid hunting"
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #702347

When the bomb went off, the atmos tech immediately realized he fucked up and grabbed the secoff. Amaze threw the critted mothofficer directly at the departures airlock - the pirate was standing in between where he was throwing his body and the airlock. The /only/ reason he died was because the pirate pulled his corpse away from salvation and finished him off in space. (Rex immediately ragelogged). I don't know why this guy is getting banned because the multiple crew who were standing in departures lounge watching this unfold failed to act to save the officer.

I don't like how this is being framed as the atmos tech recklessly using someone he critted in the crossfire as a weapon to try and kill the pirate. That is just factually wrong. I watched this whole thing unfold myself and I am flabbergasted that it resulted in a ban. As for his commends about Arianya's playtime, they may be uncouth but the circumstances here are bullshit. I would be pissed as well.
help
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #702348

Pepper wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:54 pm When the bomb went off, the atmos tech immediately realized he fucked up and grabbed the secoff. Amaze threw the critted mothofficer directly at the departures airlock - the pirate was standing in between where he was throwing his body and the airlock. The /only/ reason he died was because the pirate pulled his corpse away from salvation and finished him off in space. (Rex immediately ragelogged). I don't know why this guy is getting banned because the multiple crew who were standing in departures lounge watching this unfold failed to act to save the officer.
They were clearly aiming the body throw at the pirate and missed BUT they also dragged me away from the hos who was trying to save me using epi pens (which would have worked had I not been thrown), the crew could have gone out the airlock to save me true but at the same time I was being dragged away and weldered by the pirate who proceeded to toss my corpse into space at my point of death I believe I was at south western solars on Deltastation. Basically, the guy is the reason I died but I don't really blame them for it, I mean they didnt know if I was alive or dead so they just took and tossed me at the pirate despite the hos trying to first drag me away as they said it was a hectic situation with a bunch of single caps (of which I came into one close by and got critted). The reason for the "ragelog" was that I was basically RR and there is more fun stuff to do than just observe without adminning.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #702352

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:27 pm The issue isn’t that he made and used a bomb on an anragonist, it’s that he made them seemingly at the start of the round.

I don't think this kind of pre-prepping is against the rules on the LRP servers. When this is enforced on the MRP servers, the RP rules are cited and not the core server rules. On LRP, it almost always has to accompany something else, like:
"Repeatedly causes too much collateral damage using bombs as a non-antag. Has been asked to stop making and using bombs as a non-antag."
"Repeatedly spends their shift start making bombs then prowling around the station looking for any sign of antagonism, blowing people up for smashing windows or breaking into places."

Rather than a "can't do X from shift start" ban. Like, all our LRP players know there's gonna be antags and everyone's constently prepping for the inevitable confrontation(s). It's not what you got, it's what you do with it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #702357

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:32 pm This obsession with admin playtime has gotta stop; admins can understand the rules without needing to play a set number of rounds every week or two.
Similarly, where we play. I’m still cheesed about the title of the Thranos/Archie peanut thread.

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702358

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:32 pm viewtopic.php?t=34848

This obsession with admin playtime has gotta stop; admins can understand the rules without needing to play a set number of rounds every week or two.
Not defending the banie but ss13 being an open source game, things can rapidly change and outpace a less than active admin.

Take Shaps ban on me for example, he kept telling me to do things that just arn`t viable non lethal ways to solve a situation as a clown (he thought clown`s pda slip was a 10 second stun, clowns could cuff seccies without rolling the dice to instantly cuff themselves, etc)

As the game changes the amount of options a player has available to a threat also changes, knowing the current state of the game is just as important as the greater context of a given round that happens around an interaction/event.

This is why complaints about playtime will always be tangible and hold value

Hell even if the prs stop the game is so large that new metas can form from existing content (like when i got in twouble for "faking" revs by making a passive flasher)
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702359

Oh and regarding this ban specifically, I have a really big gripe about how different pirate types are an entirely different threat level so it is relevant to know what type they are, some variants are very powerful ontop of their ticket to murderbone on lrp, basically a tier lower than wiz/nukies but still comparable to such an extent that robust strong pirates can and will outperform an unrobust wizard/nukie team.

Also bombing an enemy ship is leaps and bounds different than bombing your own station, there is an expectation to not cause collatoral with your explosives, but using that explosive inside of enemy territory just to accidently bomb your own teammate who is in the wrong place at the wrong time due to poor situational awareness and get in trouble for it is silly.

Thats like banning a flukie for bombing the station and accidently killing one of their own teammates. Team antags have way more responsibility to not harm eachother since they do not have to deal with deception (almost never), yet we dont see these type of bans EVER so why should nonantag crew get in trouble for this?
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #702360

The point of the "if you fuck up your bombing you'll get dunked on for it" clause is to have a compromise on the fact that LRP is meant to be more freeform while also acknowledging that countering every potential threat with bombs is boring and a play to win mentality. It's a high risk, high reward best of both worlds approach to things.

I was the pirate here. Could the crew have stopped me and saved the guy? Sure. Should the bomber/body thrower get a pass because he assumed other unrelated players would jump into space to stop me? Erm, definitely not? That's not even a remotely feasible excuse. He's responsible for his own actions, not the lack of actions from randoms. Come on lads, what kind of logic is that?

He made his choice to bomb, fucked up, didn't stop the threat, and also hurt others unrelated to it. That's his bed, he made it, and now he's reaping the consequences. That's how it goes. That being said, him weaponizing the person he critted was hilarious even though it was fullblown shitter behaviour. I definitely had a giggle over it.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #702365

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:19 pm
Cheshify wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:15 pm The obsession with being the one to frag every antag is so unbelievably cringe in a roleplaying game. Rule 4 should really empower people to create fun combat experiences or interesting scenarios while fighting antags, not just deleting every antag every round. We should never have our less restrictive LRP servers end up being more restrictive.
I feel like it's more an issue with a general mentality of "needing to win" than anything. We see the same thing happen with antags and murderboning on LRP.
I've long been a firm believer in the idea that we should remove the Greentext. Seeing the funny Green Text that says "THE TRAITOR WINS" activates the Competitive part of peoples' brains, because nobody wants to FAIL, they want to SUCCEED. Without the text saying "SUCCEEDED" "FAILED" "THE TRAITOR WINS" "THE TRAITOR LOSES" people would be more inclined to do what they want, instead of tryharding their objectives.

It'd also PROBABLY help with that from the Crew vs Antag side, too. If the traitor loses, you win. But if you can't make them lose so that you win, then people might be less obsessed with "I HAVE TO KILL THEM" because now you're just kinda being a dick by maxcapping that dude who accidentally said "T I'm gonna try and kill the Captain" on Common.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #702366

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 pm
I've long been a firm believer in the idea that we should remove the Greentext. Seeing the funny Green Text that says "THE TRAITOR WINS" activates the Competitive part of peoples' brains, because nobody wants to FAIL, they want to SUCCEED. Without the text saying "SUCCEEDED" "FAILED" "THE TRAITOR WINS" "THE TRAITOR LOSES" people would be more inclined to do what they want, instead of tryharding their objectives.

It'd also PROBABLY help with that from the Crew vs Antag side, too. If the traitor loses, you win. But if you can't make them lose so that you win, then people might be less obsessed with "I HAVE TO KILL THEM" because now you're just kinda being a dick by maxcapping that dude who accidentally said "T I'm gonna try and kill the Captain" on Common.
back when it was removed we had certain sec mains literally CRYING because they couldn't deny people greentext. it was funny as hell
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #702370

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:25 pm snip
I was gonna call you a hypocrit only to realize your not Kendrick.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #702371

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:38 pm

IT'S NOT MY BAN YOU FUCK
STILL ZERO OUT OF TEN FOR USING GAY TEXT

IT HURTS MY EYES

NOT BECAUSE ITS GAY BECAUSE THE SHIFTING OF BRIGHT COLORS HURTS MY FUCKING EYES

ALSO YOU CALLED IT GAY TEXT FIRST ADMINS DO NOT WARN ME
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #702372

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:55 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 pm

back when it was removed we had certain sec mains literally CRYING because they couldn't deny people greentext. it was funny as hell
And thus they'd also quit playing Sec (probably) leading to a general improvement in Sec Player Quality.

I see no downsides here.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702380

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 pm I've long been a firm believer in the idea that we should remove the Greentext. Seeing the funny Green Text that says "THE TRAITOR WINS" activates the Competitive part of peoples' brains, because nobody wants to FAIL, they want to SUCCEED. Without the text saying "SUCCEEDED" "FAILED" "THE TRAITOR WINS" "THE TRAITOR LOSES" people would be more inclined to do what they want, instead of tryharding their objectives.

I mean, if you're going to remove greentext you might as well just remove antags? I would rather we have what we have now than have a situation where players have no incentive to do anything antagonistic.
Spoiler:

CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #702381

Vekter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:40 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 pm I've long been a firm believer in the idea that we should remove the Greentext. Seeing the funny Green Text that says "THE TRAITOR WINS" activates the Competitive part of peoples' brains, because nobody wants to FAIL, they want to SUCCEED. Without the text saying "SUCCEEDED" "FAILED" "THE TRAITOR WINS" "THE TRAITOR LOSES" people would be more inclined to do what they want, instead of tryharding their objectives.

I mean, if you're going to remove greentext you might as well just remove antags? I would rather we have what we have now than have a situation where players have no incentive to do anything antagonistic.
If you need to be incentivized by the words "YOU WIN" in order to do anything antagonistic, you probably shouldn't be playing an antag. You can still follow your objectives. Or you can choose to ignore them completely, as a lot of people already do, and to do something else.

It genuinely changes nothing except filtering the people we don't want (Antags who are obsessively driven by Winning in a Roleplaying game, and Security who are obsessively driven by Making Someone Else Lose in a Roleplaying game)

Antag quality would generally either increase or stay unchanged. There are no cons.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702398

I keep saying it but one day I am going to code the "write in your own objective here" box for solo antags.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #702403

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:56 am I keep saying it but one day I am going to code the "write in your own objective here" box for solo antags.
Do it.
Hugs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #702404

Respect to ari for deviating from the status quo on a server like terry, that sort of thing can be really intimidating. Glad to see admins taking advantage of the play to win rule or whichever one they chose to invoke. Looking forward to their response, have fun headmins!
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702411

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:56 am I keep saying it but one day I am going to code the "write in your own objective here" box for solo antags.
Unironically, this would be fantastic.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702423

Antags being able to declare their own objectives / Casus belli would be nice, even if its used to meme.
Spoiler:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #702457

I'm for removing greentexts
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #702481

Obscuring whether or not someone completed their objectives because a select amount of players have an unhealthy playstyle surrounding it seems a bit silly.

You can just ask someone to chill, liiiiike not make bombs roundstart to preemptively btfo antags. You can ban these people if they can’t catch on.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #702494

Removing greentext will not stop antags who wants to make it their job to replicate the next mass shooting and security who makes it their job to kill any antag that so much has a syndicate balloon
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702741

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 am Antags being able to declare their own objectives / Casus belli would be nice, even if its used to meme.
Cheshify wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:35 am
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:17 am
Do it.
ok i did
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78118
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #702753

removing greentexts...
respect (let him do his thing)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702757

wait i forgot malf ai
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702758

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:26 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:05 am Antags being able to declare their own objectives / Casus belli would be nice, even if its used to meme.
Cheshify wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:35 am
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:17 am
Do it.
ok i did
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78118
Where are objectives logged :3
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #702759

Game logs and also printed in asay in case someone is being cheeky
unless you mean current ones in which case idk